Fire Emblem: Dimensional Rift

fuzz94

Fire Emblem: Dimensional Rift

What is this? It's a cross-over of some of my favorite games........ ever.

[spoiler=Screen Shots]

array.png

arrayp.png

arrayx.png

[spoiler=Some Info]

This is an FE7 hack.

Every playable character is from another popular/semi-popular game series.

This is a Chocolate hack.

Progress up to Chapter 5.

[spoiler=VERY brief story synopsis]

Worm holes spread throughout the Dimensions and through time and suck characters from other games into the same world. They build nations around most powerful of the fighters. People such as Link, Ike, Ephraim, Hector, Crono, The Bishop of the White Knight Russell and Zero take charge. There is a large mass of darkness over a land mass on the eastern coast of the continent. No body knows what is in there and no one has come back from the darkness alive. Isaac (Golden Sun) and Riku (Kingdom Hearts) are apprentices of King Ephraim and are sent on a mission to deliver a message to King Link of Hyrule. The first part of the hack follows their adventures.

[spoiler=Credits]

Maps:

Prologue and Chapter 1 Maps: Kitty of Time.

Chapter 2: hithere1/ThatGuyDownTheStreet

Chapter 3, 4, and 5: NYZgamer3

Mugs:

Aran and Jenna: MageKnight404

Everything else: Subieko and/or Fuzz94.

Events:

Chapter2, 4, and 5 map changes: NYZgamer3

Title Screen:

Made by Nayr and inserted by Jubby

[spoiler=Special Thanks]

Dr. Sholes for helping me out with some stuff and an earlier version of Isaac's animation.

Jubby for helping me out with some stuff earlier on.

Kitty of Time and MageKnight404 for putting up with my noobie questions earlier on

The Members of Squad 76 for testing

Klokinator for testing and helping me fix the writing in some parts and making me rewrite the first 2 chapters

Ephraim225 for beta testing.

Everyone on Klokreations for helping me make decisions with the project

NYZgamer3 for being such a good pal of mine :D

Blazer and Arch for the tutorials

Everyone that helped make the tools that made FE ROM hacking possible.

MK404 and flyingace for the making hacks that made me want to get involved in ROM hacking.

[spoiler=Earlier Stuff]

So as I said I restarted this hack onto FE7 to have full custom events and more hacking help.

The basics are still the same, meaning character, plot and everything.

Differences from round 1 to round 2:

It is now on FE7

More Characters

New Maps

More Character Development

Anyway, here is the Prologue Screen shots that are also in the thread

array.png

Credit: KittyofTime for that Awesome map

All in the following spoiler is from the first time around.

Hello! This is my hack that I have been working on for a while. It is a cross-over hack of few video games. This is a hack of FE8.

Whats different?:

New Maps

No Monsters

Custom Animations

Every Character comes from another game

No Split Promotions

No Trainees (for now)

Plot:

The story takes place on a mysterious land mass named, "The Cross-Dimensional Continent." People from different dimensions found themselves waking up in the middle of this new land. No one knows why they got there, or how this mass created, but there was not much to do about it other than trying to make do with it. 6 famed warriors took charge and created 5 nations to help the citizens around. The first nation built was the Kingdom of Magvel, lead by King Ephraim. Followed by Ephraim, Link founded the Kingdom Of Hyrule, to the west of Magvel. To the east of Magvel was Guardia, a Republic lead by Crono and Frog. To the east of Guardia was the Kingdom of ZX, the futuristic Kingdom under the rule of Zero. To south of ZX is the Dunes of the LostMagic, an oasis for magic under the Bishop of The White Knight. In the south was a dark mysterious land mass known as the Twilight Kingdom. There is no known leader or even resident of this nation. Rumors spread about the Twilight but, nothing can be proven.

Although I am not begging to get help, contributions will be greatly appreciated and credit will be given where it should be.

These are some screen shots from the Prologue and Chapter 1.

prolougeandchapter1scre.png

The characters are:

Isaac-Golden Sun

Haar-FE9/10

Riku-Kingdom Hearts

Zappa-Chrono Cross

Jenna-Golden Sun

Credit: Kitty of Time for the Haar mug.

Edited by fuzz94

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I noticed, a mercenary wielding a rapier is pretty impractical... A rapier is, well, here's from Wikipedia:

"While the blade might be broad enough to cut to some degree (but nowhere near that of the wider, slightly heavier swords in use around the Middle Ages), the long thin blade lends itself to thrusting. The blade might be sharpened along its entire length, sharpened only from the center to the tip (as described by Capoferro), or completely without a cutting edge as called "estoc" by Pallavicini, a rapier master who, in 1670, strongly advocated using a weapon with two cutting edges."

Often, they didn't even sharpen them along the edges, as they were meant only for stabbing. Not exactly ideally suited for a mercenary's slashing attack :/

From what I can see of the map, the river's kinda straight and the grass is all exactly the same, but yeah. *Random map critique*

Anyway, it looks pretty decent. You do have an alright batch of screenshots there, so congrats :P

I'm going to actually get rid of the rapier (it's what Eirika automatically has) and make it something to fit Isaac.

And my map skills are bleh.

Thanks for the help :)

Work on making the areas of the map more... unique, is all, really. Add more landmarks and maybe study a little geology so you can get an idea of what are realistic cliffs/rivers/mountains etc... and on the big portions of bland grass, add some texture to them by using the differently-shaded patch grasses. Often time those shades actually reflect which areas are more walked on than others instead of being purely random... (there's also the tannish pathway tiles which can be used to reflect a road or dirt path or something).

The hack itself seems pretty good/interesting, and I like the name just because it sounds kinda epic, so good luck! Keep up the awesome work (and throw away the half-arsed crap)

Get someone who knows what they're doing to help with the sprites. Recolors are okay for now, but you'll eventually want something better than that.

Get someone who knows what they're doing to help with the sprites. Recolors are okay for now, but you'll eventually want something better than that.

He should probably show a bit more progress in terms of hacking before he goes asking for spriters.

@deranger thank you, and yes that's what my plan was.

@eclipse those aren't really just recolors. Jenna and Zappa are full on splices.

@Dr.Sholes I'm not really looking for help right now. It's more of an offer or reminder that if anyone is interested in helping they are more than welcome to

@LivingEC: Thanks :) I'm glad that people like my ideas. And thank Kitty of Time for that Haar mug.

@Dr.Sholes: Thank you for the offer. If I'm going to ask for anything it'll be either a mug or a map. I'm sure I'll send you a PM in the near future.

@Kitty of Time: Will do. That's what I need the most :D

And they're not very good. In fact, they're less than mediocre. Get some spriting help.

Yeah, I know that they are not good. But it isn't just a recolor, thats what I was getting at.

Yeah, I know that they are not good. But it isn't just a recolor, thats what I was getting at.

I don't see how that matters, since Eclipse's point was still "get some spriting help" ;/

Which you should do, if you're serious about this.

but I ain't helpin', I hate crossovers (except two) with a burning passion

Hm, yes I see what you are saying. I didn't plan on keeping these sprites forever.

I'm just not asking around for spriters because I need to get more progress before I do that.

Hm, yes I see what you are saying. I didn't plan on keeping these sprites forever.

I'm just not asking around for spriters because I need to get more progress before I do that.

... I like you.

Keep up that attitude. You might actually get somewhere with this.

I'm not being sarcastic. So many hackers are so gung ho about their ideas that they just rush in and make requests for mugs without getting anywhere. You're actually trying to make progress, and that's a good indicator that you're not an idiot.

And I just dislike most fanfics in general. The idea that someone is taking characters and writing them together bothers me. There have only been a few times where I, personally, think it's been done well, so I'm not a very big fan of them. Most of the time, and I'm not saying this is the case for yours, the characters in the cross over are very out of character, and it really kills the experience. But that's just my two cents/opinion.