Mewmew Sprite Land

Mew

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fur of genderbend! Sonia problem might be the palette. The 2nd white is almost as dark as 3rd shade. You should change it around to make it look better, then from that edit the fur around to make it less chunky. Plus more 1st shade would be good, too.

Am... am I the only person who liked the fur? :v

The general shaping is really well done (it looks convincingly three-dimensional), but the shading + palette needs some work, I think.

Edited by Agro

wcnHc.png47cedcac8eedb1f85e44ac912ca318f3.png?1342040109

old/new

Thanks guys, changing the palette just a little bit has already really helped. It kinda highlighted the 'chunky' issues, so I'm having a much easier time seeing what the problems are. I'll definitely get back to this.

• 1 month later...

b12244653cd48af90c32430ca2721285.png?1345323822

WIP female Merlinus. Not sure if this is really looking like him or not though :v

Hehe, that's too cute. :)

My main problem is that the showing arm is too straight and doesn't really have a lot of shape. Perhaps try having it at a bit of an angle?

Edited by eCut

b12244653cd48af90c32430ca2721285.png?1345323822

WIP female Merlinus. Not sure if this is really looking like him or not though :v

This is pretty amazing. Its how i would have done it! But yeah, what eCut said about the arm. Its...too straight.

Yeah, that was bullshit advice, that palette was just fine. The shading is the problem. Fur is shaded pretty much like hair, but fuzzier.

I disagree with the palette statement. The middle tone seemed to blend in with the darkest one and it just looked all kinds of weird imo.

But I agree with the second thing you said. They almost look more like feathers than fur because the parts that are separated (or however that may be worded x3) look... maybe too emphasized. But even for feathers they look a little... wilted?

And as for Merlinus yes that looks great XD But maybe you could use the darkest shade in a bit more of the outline stuff in the shirt? idk, some of it just looks a little odd to me =3

FE8 face shading doesn't match with body shading, not to mention overall formlessness of the body - no, being fat does not make you formless. There's probably far too much border color going on, and the expression and overall feel (had I not known it to be a female Merlinus) simply don't match that of the original character. She could very well just be any old generic woman.

8ccb5d347629e6f2d016077c93296160.png?1345420576

thanks a lot Aeo, I think I understood most of what you were getting at, didn't even notice the dark shade on the face, so I took that out, I took out a lot of the border color and made the eyes and mouth a little more reminiscent of Merlinus. I'm going to add trim to her outfit to make her less villager-y, but first...

overall formlessness of the body - no, being fat does not make you formless

I didn't quite understand that part of what you said specifically --what part of her body are you referring to? I'm not really sure what I could define more.

andlulthxML

Kind of everything in general? Her boobs are a couple of half-shaded blobs, the line going down the middle of them doesn't really help with the 3D or contouring effect, the sleeves're kind of starchy and just hanging...somehow, the arm is a tube of flesh that doesn't indicate any particular shape of the underlying musculature - etc. The clothing is just really blandly shaded, for the most part, if hardly at all.