Haku's Sprite Gallery

Haku

Haku's Sprite Gallery

Hi everyone, my first topic!

This is my collection of all my Fire Emblem related artwork

(I will post work fairly regularly and will often update this post).

Enjoy and feel free to give criticism!

[spoiler=FINISHED PORTRAITS]

post-3498-0-94713800-1383071685.pngMy interpretation of Hanon, one of the eight heroes of Elibe.

post-3498-0-23181700-1383071699.pngMy version of Kishuna, with his hood lifted to reveal more of his face.

post-3498-0-83125600-1383071814.pngLucien, a request for the 'Shatterlight' hack.

post-3498-0-79120200-1383071833.pngMy splice entry in round 78.

post-3498-0-45200400-1383071840.pngA revamped version of my round 78 splice entry.

post-3498-0-41856900-1383071929.pngAn old woman (Hannah), supposedly a Nabatan sorceress.

post-3498-0-94396100-1383759695.pngMy Halloween Costume 2013 entry.

[spoiler=FINISHED MAPS]

zkKawRA.png?1

wXT0P4t.png?1

%5B10%5DEntry%204.png

7zPg4ze.png?1

IsVvfaV.png?1

GdgEG6s.png?1

dHwEtrp.png?1

uDABkDt.png?1

SITUDCz.png?1

QMumlgB.png?1

vcvdRPi.png?1

irZJBTM.png?1

1ZOlIig.png?1

dfyvOZu.png?1

WvENNkk.png?1

uGBl2Lp.png?1

Vuva71L.png?1

xar5HB4.png?1

ofJf1R1.png?1

VizUGSz.png?1

Edited by Haku

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those palettes are fantastic!

Thanks!

UPDATE:

I have a new sprite that I made today which turned out well. She is meant to be a Nabatan sorceress.

I used Hannah, Niime, Hawkeye, Eagler, Morva, Ismaire Wallace and Teodore to make her. :blink:

post-3498-0-39529100-1378661213.png

Edited by KoopaTroopa

I really like the concept on that one, but it still has some issues.

Hair line is off center, he headpiece doesn't really curve upward on the far side, and the far shoulder can be extended upwards a bit.

Work on that and it should be good to go.

I really like the concept on that one, but it still has some issues.

Hair line is off center, he headpiece doesn't really curve upward on the far side, and the far shoulder can be extended upwards a bit.

Work on that and it should be good to go.

Thanks for the feedback! I tried to correct what you commented on:

I lifted the headpiece up a few pixels on the far side, changed the far shoulder for a more rounded look and tried to center the hair line. It doesn't look that different from before, but I think it looks a bit tidier.

Edited by KoopaTroopa

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

I did a sprite request for the new Shatterlight hack, I'd be happy with some feedback. I used parts of the hair from an old mug if anyones wondering. Its been sheeted and has a chibi/minimug too:

BTW is there anyway to easily check if the sheet is under 16 colours?

Edited by KoopaTroopa

Oh, glad I checked this before PMing you!

Yeah, I also read it as 30 colours. I noticed the jewels and skin had different palettes, so it's... a start, I guess. Going to be heartbreaking losing some of the detail on the jacket and hair.

I'm loving the old crone, and the blood knight-like sprite is damn cool, too.

Its been a very busy week, but I tried to correct the given points. Thanks Mewiyev and Snow for giving me the information! :)

Here is the finished product:

His neck appears to be too long, and his head is kinda...pulled back, I guess? Idk how to say it. :P

Also, I think his far shoulder should be slightly shorter (in width, not height).

Thanks for the feedback!

1. I moved the head a pixel or two to the left which makes the neck look shorter, and the head less 'pulled back' imo.

2. I shortened the far shoulder by about 3 or 4 pixels to balance the portrait out a bit more.

It should now be exactly 16 pixels including the background; I'm going to check now.

Going to be heartbreaking losing some of the detail on the jacket and hair.

Nah, don't worry, haven't checked on Mewiyev's link yet but I think its 16 colours, and no detail has been lost ^_^

EDIT:

Darn it, its 19 colours, back to work I guess...

Edited by KoopaTroopa

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE:

I have some new sprites to share! I've been focusing on my Halloween Competition entry mainly, so these ones haven't gotten as much attention:

There still WIPs

No Face from the film Spirited Away:

post-3498-0-05997200-1382905118.png

I'm not sure where I'm going with this:

I'd welcome criticism if anyone wants to give it.

That's all for now, I'll post my Halloween entry once it's up on the poll. :^_^:

Edited by KoopaTroopa

omg it's no faaaaace

I love him but isn't his thing meant to be a mask or something? RIght now it looks a little more like it's the entire head.

The 2nd thing has a really cool design, but I'm not sure what the armour on the chest is meant to be--it looks kind of like a big block of metal rather than being shaped to his chest (if that makes sense).

I'm really digging the fourth one in the first post.

Thanks Nickt :D

omg it's no faaaaace

I love him but isn't his thing meant to be a mask or something? RIght now it looks a little more like it's the entire head.

The 2nd thing has a really cool design, but I'm not sure what the armour on the chest is meant to be--it looks kind of like a big block of metal rather than being shaped to his chest (if that makes sense).

Thanks for the advice, I think I'll add a hood or something behind no face's mask to make him look right. The second one needs the chest plate to be reshaded I think.

Edited by KoopaTroopa

Well, I've got to say: You did a great job~!

Thanks Wizard :S

I tried to start doing Kestrel, but I think I need more advice from Luna :/

UPDATE:

I'm trying to get to get to grips with tiled and I made a map (I admit I used large sections from the FE6 trial map):

post-3498-0-82685300-1383239119_thumb.png(Does anyone know how to make this larger?)

Advice would be welcomed!

Edited by KoopaTroopa

don't use sf uploader

I'll check that out later, thanks :)

UPDATE:

My Halloween Costume Entry, although eCut forgot to put it on the poll :sob::sob::sob:

msg-3498-0-39300900-1382902274.png It's meant to be Kishuna as an entombed from FE13+horns because I felt like it.

Edited by KoopaTroopa

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

My round 88 splice is finally finished, I don't really like it but oh well. I felt a bit limited as to what could be done with the armour.

Critique would be welcomed, especially for this one ^_^