Fire Emblem - The Four Legends

RikuTheHedgehog

EDIT: Zoomed mugs into their original size.

EDIT 8/07/2014: Small edit to the mugs. New design for Zero. Credits to NICKT for his mugs that are free to use, making possible a new and better splice for Zero.

Hello, everyone. I would like to share my project that I'm working on FEXP engine (made by BwdYeti) called:

eXsiPLl.png

Yeah... The title's not that great, but I did my best though ._.;

(Menu music)

Here's the story:

"Our Story begins in a little universe called "Ragnarok", where you can find many countries and towns that are popular. Prontera, one of the most famous towns of Ragnarok, that had been protected long time ago by Silver the Great, but one day he dissapeared and has never seen again. Riku, a Dark Slayer who take cares of Prontera just like Silver told him to do long time ago... This mysterious Dark Slayer is called, by the people, the leader of the 4 Legends, he wields the legendary Katana that belongs to the Demon King, nobody knows how Riku got it, nobody didn't have the chance to talk to him to know about it. With a tragic past, Riku continues his life in Prontera."

As I said in my post "Introducing me" my english is not that good, my apologies for that.

And now the main characters:

Riku

9506bab27c.png

Originally made by: Rowan Denning

--Believe or not, I finally got Rowan Dunning's answer. She gave me permission to use this mug. She was mad at the beginning for using it without permission (I'm really sorry...). We talked a bit and she finally gave me permission. It took a while to get it though -_-; and thank god that she was connected. Thanks to the people of the chat who motivated me to ask her permission once again. More updates will come (this answer arrived after I took a bath xDD)--

Restoration by: Lenh (Huge thanks to her). And thanks to Charlotte for starting the restoration

-----Why restoration? Well, I found the image on a Fire Emblem Custom Fan Art mugs, that was uploaded in facebook (I just wanted the hair and the face). Since facebook mess up colours, Charlotte started to restorate the face, then Lenh finished the work----

Recolor: Yes, as I said, I'm not a spriter but at least I can recolor, right ._.; ?

Class: Dark Slayer

Town: Geffen

Bonds: Koga (Cousin), Kain (Cousin), Zero (Best Friend)

Personality: Serious, cold, anti-social but very protective to the people he cares about.

Short story: He's the son of the Demon King and the son of the Queen of the Heaven as well. He has a tragic past. Many people died in front of him, and many people suffered and he wasn't able to help them. Her first love died because of her father. Riku avenged her love, but she couldn't escape of death.

Koga

51c2dbdadd.png

Body used: Wil (FE7)
Face used: Wil (FE7)
Hair used: Wil and Leila (FE7) Mixed Together.

Class: Sniper (Promoted: Marksman)
Town: Geffen
Bonds: Riku (Cousin), Kain (Brother), Zero (Best Friend)
Personality: He doesn't talk too much when it's a stranger, he's kinda shy. When he's with Riku or with someone else that Koga likes (a good friend for example) he's too friendly, always smilling.

He's a demon, as well. He's the best cousin of Riku, they have a special bond that keeps them united until the end. They're like brothers.

Kain

426a775fea.png

Body used: Lloyd (FE7)

Face used: Pent (FE7)

Hair used: Roy (FE6)

his eyes are a little strange ._.;

Class: Gunslinger
Town: Alberta
Bonds: Zero (Best Friend), Koga (Brother), Riku (Cousin)
Personality: Kain is like the kind of guy you can count on, though... he's a little clumsy, but he never gives up on protecting his family and friends.

He's a demon, as well. Koga and Kain don't have a special brotherhood, but they do care about each other. He's always with Zero.

Zero

c9a8661929.png

Class: Reaper of Souls
Town: Alberta
Bonds: Kain, Koga and Riku (The three of them are his Best Friends)
Personality: Close to the personality of Riku, but more rude. He acts very rude against Riku, Koga or Kain, but just because he wants to protect them, it's like their family.

He's a demon, as well (obvius, right?). It is only known that Zero is the most popular Demon in the underworld (besides Riku). Nobody knows why he's in the human world. He met Kain and Koga when he was wondering all alone. Riku and Zero knew each other in Alberta thanks to Kain. The people think that Zero is a Lagus.

-------------

As you may have notice, this FE is based on the world of Ragnarok Online. Riku has been based on an Assasin Cross. Kain from a Gunslinger. Koga from a Sniper. Zero... I don't know.

Downloads:

Story (txt. file): Fire Emblem - The Four Legends Prologue I to IV (Read it if you want to)

Chapter 1 to 6: FE - The Four Legends Chapter 1 to 6

First Demo: Download

You'll be needing RGSS-RTP player to play the "demo", here you go: RGSS-RTP Player

-------------

The demo is just a little showcase (and a little skill-test for myself) and is not that big thing. Just 31 enemies (in the txt. file it explains why 31 enemies), 2 characters, no custom battle sprite (I tried, but it's too hard to insert sprites in FEXP)

You can't expect much of someone who is doing all of this alone. It's hard. I just know a little of programming in FEXP, I looped a lot of songs for the game, and I'm not a spriter, and not to mention that the map was pathetic, like the mountain. The basic sprites I made are recolored or stuff.

To whoever who wants to help me to make the game, PM me and we'll talk about it, I would be glad to have someone who helps me... That sounds sad xD.

Of course, do if you want to.

That's all for now. Have a nice day, everyone.

Edited by RikuTheHedgehog

I'm not gonna download something just to play this, so here's some general critiques instead:

Mugs - Can you post them at 100% resolution instead of zoomed-in?

Story: HERE GOES!

- GET SOMEONE TO PROOFREAD THIS. Spelling/grammar errors need to be fixed. No, I'm not volunteering.

- Introducing the world/Silver/Riku in the opening is fine. Talking about Riku's sword can wait.

- Why does Nadia get so much attention, after Silver's the one with the introduction?

- The Lotta/Riku bit feels really forced. It sounds like Lotta's trying to flesh out his character using lines that I can't imagine anyone saying outside of fiction. Riku sounds like he's trying to be a badass, but in a really unnatural manner.

- The intro of the Justice Team is. . .really painful. It's something I'd expect out of a cheesy cartoon, not a hack that looks like a serious effort.

- . . .and I agree with Riku's sentiment of "fools".

- Given what I've seen of Riku, I'd imagine him stabbing everyone except Seghira for being insufferable.

. . .and I'm going to stop at the beginning of the after-battle script. Most of the characters feel like caricatures more than characters, and this will NOT make for an enjoyable experience. For example, having Riku as the silent broody type is fine, but having him randomly change because some people asked him to is inconsistent. I'd start with making a template of who you want, and at least five adjectives in which you can describe that person, with as little overlap as possible. From there, you can work on making your cast a bit more believable.

I'm not gonna download something just to play this, so here's some general critiques instead:

Mugs - Can you post them at 100% resolution instead of zoomed-in?

Story: HERE GOES!

- GET SOMEONE TO PROOFREAD THIS. Spelling/grammar errors need to be fixed. No, I'm not volunteering.

- Introducing the world/Silver/Riku in the opening is fine. Talking about Riku's sword can wait.

- Why does Nadia get so much attention, after Silver's the one with the introduction?

- The Lotta/Riku bit feels really forced. It sounds like Lotta's trying to flesh out his character using lines that I can't imagine anyone saying outside of fiction. Riku sounds like he's trying to be a badass, but in a really unnatural manner.

- The intro of the Justice Team is. . .really painful. It's something I'd expect out of a cheesy cartoon, not a hack that looks like a serious effort.

- . . .and I agree with Riku's sentiment of "fools".

- Given what I've seen of Riku, I'd imagine him stabbing everyone except Seghira for being insufferable.

. . .and I'm going to stop at the beginning of the after-battle script. Most of the characters feel like caricatures more than characters, and this will NOT make for an enjoyable experience. For example, having Riku as the silent broody type is fine, but having him randomly change because some people asked him to is inconsistent. I'd start with making a template of who you want, and at least five adjectives in which you can describe that person, with as little overlap as possible. From there, you can work on making your cast a bit more believable.

Thanks for the Crit, Eclipse. I really appreciate it. It was the beginning, though. I didn't knew how to start it, so the Prologue 1 is a little lame xD.

Have a Good Day.

Edited by RikuTheHedgehog

Lazy Update (I do this all the time): (The first character was posted in another forum) Here are two characters that I made:

Annabel:

LPC1t3K.png

It's a character I made in Paint to practice my splice thing. Annabel's a female, and she'll be in the game. Not much to say xD

Head Used: A girl from FE6 which name I don't remember

Body Used: A girl from FE7 which name I don't remember

Lariza:

du15SOy.png

She's another main character. And no, she's not a demon.

Face used: Random girl from FE8

Body used: Leila (FE7)

Not much to say, I'm working on the story's script, from Chapter 1 to 6. And then I have to make the translation, from spanish to english. And finally I'll work on the demo. This time it will be a better one.

Have a nice day, everyone.

hey neat my province is in a fire emblem gaym

Also, why the super-bold colour scheme on Kain?

Edited by Polydeuces

Any reason you picked Alberta as a town name? Are you Canadian? lol

*search in the post* urm... maybe this one?

"this FE is based on the world of Ragnarok Online"

hey neat my province is in a fire emblem gaym

Also, why the super-bold colour scheme on Kain?

I took Joshua's (FE8) skin color, maybe that wasn't the best option ._.; . I shall fix that in a later moment.

Have a good day.

That wasn't what I meant. Like, the colours for his clothing (the belt on his coat especially) kinda look like you just shot one colour up all the way on an RGB slider and the rest all the way to 0. Not wanting to be harsh, it just kinda... clashes.

The Koga mug looks good for a splice, though.

That wasn't what I meant. Like, the colours for his clothing (the belt on his coat especially) kinda look like you just shot one colour up all the way on an RGB slider and the rest all the way to 0. Not wanting to be harsh, it just kinda... clashes.

The Koga mug looks good for a splice, though.

I guess you're right. As I said, I'll edit Kain in a later moment.

Thanks, I worked a lot with Koga's mug. It wasn't a splice though. I made Koga's mug in Photoshop, it took forever, but now that I know this splice method, it is more easier xD.

Have a good day.

hahahaha oh i see, i don't know anything about RO. so oops, but lol all i can picture are my fellow Canadians speaking in their 'Berta accents.

No one knows what I'm talking about,

okay i'll show myself the door

Example of a zoomed-out mug: In the first spoiler tag

It's easier to critique a mug when the entire mug is not zoomed-in. Also, if you're not sure what to do for the first prologue, write out the general flow of the story (example: "Riku goes out for a walk -> Riku saves the world while looking for a restaurant that serves breakfast -> Riku is forced to pay full price for his breakfast -> Riku takes over the world instead" as a silly example). Use this to figure out how you want to portray the main character - from there, it'll be a wee bit easier to determine how to start things.

Example of a zoomed-out mug: In the first spoiler tag

It's easier to critique a mug when the entire mug is not zoomed-in. Also, if you're not sure what to do for the first prologue, write out the general flow of the story (example: "Riku goes out for a walk -> Riku saves the world while looking for a restaurant that serves breakfast -> Riku is forced to pay full price for his breakfast -> Riku takes over the world instead" as a silly example). Use this to figure out how you want to portray the main character - from there, it'll be a wee bit easier to determine how to start things.

I don't get your idea about the zoomed-out mug thingy.

10/10 Best Story evah of Riku saving da world. I'll keep that in mind, thanks for the suggestion, Eclipse.

Have a good day.

Frankly speaking, zoomed in sprites make them a pain in the ass to look at. Those who want to look at it in its normal size have to go to the trouble of unzooming it. It doesn't help that the sprites themselves have a lot of harsh colors and their tones clash a lot.

Frankly speaking, zoomed in sprites make them a pain in the ass to look at. Those who want to look at it in its normal size have to go to the trouble of unzooming it. It doesn't help that the sprites themselves have a lot of harsh colors and their tones clash a lot.

There's no problem about it. I save every splice I do, unzoomed and zoomed. I make it an FEXP Mug format then I recolor the rest with photoshop (yes, there is a fast way in photoshop).

As you can see here:

W9kSFfB.png =====> 2Os1YJQ.png

Zero's horn got a little messed up when I zoomed it in. The left one is the messed one and the right one is the original one.

And for Lariza's chibi mug:

x9V2t2x.png

Her colours are really messed up. I saw in a video that the spriter made a 32x32 pixel image. I reducted it's original face and made this. Her colours are really messed up but hey, it was my first chibi mug xD.

Thanks for commenting. Have a good day.

LPC1t3K.png = zoomed in

dh6NyJw.png = not zoomed in

do the second one when you show case sprites

ah, sorry i wasn't clear. I meant for your second mug here, you need to have mugs sized like this.

Yo, my cousin's (Koga) just made a wip of his theme song. Originally, the idiot called it Justice Theme xDDDDD.

It's still a midi, other instruments will be added soon. Give me your opinion:

Koga's Theme MIDI

Just wanted to post this.

Lazy Update 09/06/2014:

It's been a long. I just finished the translation of "Fire Emblem - The Four Legends Story: Chapter 1 to 6" (long name)

For those who likes to read FE scripts or something, here you go. I crushed my mind on translating this thing. There are many featured characters here, I should do a character bios or something.

Anyway, here it is (no need to download, you can read it directly from mediafire):

Fire Emblem - The Four Legends: Chapter 1 to 6

Now that the script is out of the way, I'll be working on the demo now. There won't be too much features, though. Like no custom animations, no custom mugs, that kind of stuff.

This is the help I need:

- Custom Animations: I need a lot of help with this one. Like Zero's class (Reaper of Souls).

- Custom Mugs: Since they're just splices, many people can identify the faces, the body or the hair.

- Proof Read: I don't know if this is completely necessary, but since my english is not that good, maybe I'll need a little help here (and maybe add more drama to the story).

If someone wants to help me in the project (there will be credits, of course). Add me to my skype: rikuxnero12

If you can't add me by that username, try my email (you can add skype users with their email): shadow.stronger@hotmail.com

More characters will be posted soon, the 2nd demo of the game is coming. I'll try to make this demo better, I promise.

Have a nice day. My best regards.

-Riku.