Fire Emblem: Generic War (Ragefest 3)

Klokinator

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just trying to invite as many people as possible. I *may* not be able to check this topic while I'm at job corps, but my team has orders (ORDERS AT GUNPOINT!) to take any mugs submitted and stick them in our dropbox for me to mass download when I get my PC back next year. The more mugs I have the sooner I can start :D

-Too much creative control to all the members involved. Take the FEU game for example. People constantly bickered about classes, starting stats, things of that sort. One member, writing all the dialogue, who knows what he's doing... that's what you need.

Personal experience has told me that this is utterly true. Also, if you let people pick their stats and classes and such, you get like eight myrmidons with nothing but strength and speed, about four base skill and as little luck as humanly possible.

Personal experience has told me that this is utterly true. Also, if you let people pick their stats and classes and such, you get like eight myrmidons with nothing but strength and speed, about four base skill and as little luck as humanly possible.

Or tons of shamans. Few people want to be a priest or an axe fighter...

Exactly! I can even see it happening here with the SF game... I'm considering just taking over the forum game, if people would be cool with that, because it's time to change the way people have always done things. That way sucks.

Of course, this is in a year, naturally.

Well, I think it's fine for people to express preferences. Like, "I would like to be a mercenary". At the same time, the hack creator should feel free to alter those requests if he feels like the gameplay would be better off. Like turning that mercenary into a fighter if there are too many sword users, or turning the shaman into a mage or the monk into a priest.

Yeah preferences are fine, but allowing people to fine-tune and choose their stats and starting equipment, that's just silly. Also, once everyone has chosen all these details, where's the fun? You see your character and you're like "Yep, that's the character I outlined down to the last detail, yessiree bob. Nothing new and exciting to look at here, nope."

I'm considering starting a new topic for the forum game before I go because this entire topic has basically ignored my Ragefest submission entirely, just wanted to mention that.

Or tons of shamans. Few people want to be a priest or an axe fighter...

COUGH DREAM OF FIVE UNTIL THE MOST RECENT PATCH COUGH TACTICS UNIVERSE COUGH

... Yeah, that was probably the element that stayed longest from the old, dreary days...

Oh yeah. And everyone demanding to write their own support conversations.

And then never writing their own support conversations.

Dear sweet jesus, it's a mess... ANYWAY, BACK ON TOPIC

pwnagekirby's submission is amazing

So from this post onwards, I'd like to keep the discussion to my Generic War submission and any related discussion about the forum game can go here, in the new official topic! It's posted on SoS because I don't wish to compete with Serenes Emblem, as SF already has its own forum game.

I strongly recommend reading the topic, as it'll give you some hint of the epic story I have planned as well as some other details you might now know :D

Edited by Adolf Klokler

Not to mention, with FEXP, there are 3,000 animation data slots, and of the first 1,000 that are used, there are huge empty spaces too. I'd honestly say that with all the GBA FE animations added, it'll probably take up 30-40% of the available animation data. That leaves... a loooot of room for customization O__O Yeti y u leave so much free space between each animation data anyway dammit I'll need to reorganize it at some point in the far future

You can get more with the Database Limit Breaker script (I think it's included?)

Just make sure to follow the directions and definitely back everything up first :M

also haha SoS

I thought I'd add another compilation of members I'd like to join and make their own personal mugs, if they so choose.

-Entire OVERTROLL team

Feaw

Lord Glenn

Nintenlord

Whoops.

Uh yeah, I guess I could join. I already have my personal mug. And just make me a soldier/halb, although I'm not sure if you have permission to use yeti's soldier/halb.

I'm not gonna post on SoS, btw. Never going there.

I don't think you need to confine it to SoS 'cause of Serenes Emblem; SE is a really old project and I don't even think they're taking submissions or anything. Just working on it privately.

Problem is, basically all the FE fandom comes here, and nowhere else. When I first joined here, SoS was still relatively popular, but now, not so much. FE Cafe is a good example, too; it's a nice, new forum, but it's been really hard to get any activity going, because mainly people want to just stay on SF. Which is why it's kinda dumb that now Klok is apparently not supposed to post here.