[FE11] All-Archer draft <3

mmKALLL

After reading that, I think a downgrade to normal mode is needed. I feel like Jagen should be free to stay as Pally, since killing bosses with bows only will be a pain.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason why I specified Chapter 8 as the cutoff point is because there's a rather obscure guy on Chapter 9 that gives you the Silver Bow.

A better reason is the first place where you can buy vulneraries is in Chapter 8. Then we're able to boss abuse for ages.

I've been looking over the data for actually dealing damage to Merach and Emereus. Serenesforest has boss stats here. Without D level bows (granting steel use), we have almost no chance of dealing damage to either. If one unit does have D rank (and, presumably, a steel bow), then said unit will also need 8 Str by the end of Chap 5 and 9 Str by the end of Chap 6, or 1 less strength if they have B/C rank in bows.

Given Archers have 5 base strength (Hunters and Horsemen have 6, Snipers and Warriors 7, and Generals 8), the following units need x additional strength from level ups to deal 1 damage to Emereus

4 strength-Gordin, Shiida, Wrys, Lena, Merric, Matthis, Vyland

3 strength-Roshea, Wolf (Horseman), Sedgar (Horseman), Abel

2 strength-Draug, Castor, Darros, Jagen, Wendell, Cain, Nabarl, Wolf (Warrior), Sedgar (Warrior)

1 strength-Ogma, Cord, Wolf (General), Sedgar (General)

0 strength-Bord, Hardin, Barst

(All data based from FE11 Serenes Forest)

Factor in the number of levels you have to train each unit's strength, and you're pretty much guaranteed at least one unit that can damage Emereus.

Looking at Marth, his base stats deal 3 damage with the rapier, while barely taking lethal damage in return (we'll assume he actually gains levels during the 1st 6 chapters, so that he's useful in killing off Emereus)

Once a unit can damage, it can gain exp, and your units can level up and gain strength, meaning eventually, you can kill the boss.

Notwithstanding, it will be a HUGE PITA to beat both Merach and Emereus. I happen to favor keeping the difficulty at H1, since we now are informed of which units will be useful in dealing with these bosses.

Let me know if my calculations are incorrect and I'll fix them ASAP

Edited by The Spanish Inquisition

I think I will personally opt to keeping H1 and allowing drafted characters to be reclassed to Mages/Dark Mages during chapters 6 and 7. I think that by arriving at the boss of 8, the def is already manageable, not to mention vulneraries and all. Forging is 2 tiers except for +-3 Mt, which helps a bit more too. You know what, I'll just throw chapter 8 in as well - at least mages are prone to accidental deaths due to the horsemen. Of course, since I'm not a player, I'll go with whatever you want the most as long as it keeps the idea intact.

Since the idea is wonderfully terrible. <3

(also, even the characters who can't deal damage can still level up their Bow rank and get the bonus so they eventually might deal a single damage... It's possible. But I think that this is a fair compromise, pains around your bottom are nasty)

Edited by カルル

No RNG for the player order? Also free Jagen. He can become a sniper after all. And he will be needed, unless, of course, you dont want anyone to finish this.

Edited by PKL

There. Jagen is free, while Beck is a draftee. That should bring everyone 8 characters in addition to the free ones.

Please forgive my inexperience at FE11 drafts, but the idea was too good to let go.

The order is:

1. Integrity - Marth, Julian, Jagen

2. Clipsey - Marth, Julian, Jagen

3. PKL - Marth, Julian, Jagen

4. Serious Bananas - Marth, Julian, Jagen

5. 13th - Marth, Julian, Jagen

6. The Spanish Inquisition - Marth, Julian, Jagen

If you have anything else to say, please state it before your first-round pick. I'll send out PMs shortly to notify everyone..

[spoiler=units remaining]Cain

Abel

Shiida

Gordin

Draug

Wrys

Ogma

Bord

Cord

Barst

Castor

Darros

Lena

Nabarl

Merric

Matthis

Hardin

Sedgar

Wolf

Roshea

Vyland

Wendell

Athena

Caesar

Radd

Roger

Jeorge

Maria

Minerva

Linde

Jake

Midia

Dolph

Macellan

Tomas

Boah

Horace

Beck

Astram

Palla

Catria

Arran

Samson

Etzel

Est

Lorenz

Ymir

Elice

I love how you characterize my suggestions. It's called making sure that the draft is beatable and fair (as in, everyone has a shot of beating it in a reasonable turn count).

Once the Silver Bow shows up, things should be a lot better.

I'm very sorry, but something urgent came up and I'll have to leave for two days.

I believe that this is likely to be adjourned, but if nothing comes up, I assume you can start picking.

Again, I'm sorry for the sudden nature of this.

And, alas, I have returned amongst you simpletons who definitely will beat me in any draft I try.

Integrity - Marth, Julian, Jagen, Barst

Clipsey - Marth, Julian, Jagen, Bord

PKL - Marth, Julian, Jagen, Abel

Serious Bananas - Marth, Julian, Jagen, Wolf

13th - Marth, Julian, Jagen, Cain

The Spanish Inquisition - Marth, Julian, Jagen, Sedgar, Ogma

[spoiler=units remaining]Shiida

Gordin

Draug

Wrys

Cord

Barst

Castor

Darros

Lena

Nabarl

Merric

Matthis

Hardin

Roshea

Vyland

Wendell

Athena

Caesar

Radd

Roger

Jeorge

Maria

Minerva

Linde

Jake

Midia

Dolph

Macellan

Tomas

Boah

Horace

Beck

Astram

Palla

Catria

Arran

Samson

Etzel

Est

Lorenz

Ymir

Elice

Looks like the drafting is intense. I'll be rooting for whoever goes with Elice and Integ and clipsey as well.