This is where Mercakete posts her art! :3

Mercakete

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for all the coments. ^_^

Update! Traced the lines from the sketch on MSPaint. Step 2 complete! Next is step 3: defuzzing! That is, getting rid of the base sketch and keeping the lines I traced.

[spoiler=W.I.P.]UsonoaoTruthLines.png

Also, moar sketches of my NPC's from RotE!

This one is Uso again, only he's hiding that he's a Fallen. Those fish are not safe.

[spoiler=The Snack that Smiles Back (until you bite their heads off)]UsonoaoLies.png

And this is Kazemi Daichi: a patrolman from Kigen.

[spoiler=Daichi]KazemiDaichi.png

Edited by Mercakete

Your proportions are better by far.... I like the second one for a special mention...

Hmm.... it seems we share the same technique on lineart tracing... I use the curve tool on MSPaint by the way... Eraser tool there is also your best friend....

Edited by Frostbite

Thanks for the reccomendation, Kiryn. I'll look into it. ^_^

Thank you for all the compliments! And yeah, Frostbite, I used the bend tool almost exclusively in my tracing (that and the erase a little and undo).

Already an update?! Man. Anyway, part 1 of the defuzz (this comes in 2 parts: border (combined with rampage) and interior)

[spoiler=Progress!]UsonoaoTruthDefuzzBorder.png

I saw that and I'm reminded of some of my full body sprite work, the parts where I need a background color to help weed out the junk pixels.

Yeeeeeah looks like the next part's going to be pretty tedious ...

Great work though :)

Almost complete! Whew, this step sure took a while. I might be able to finish today, whether or not I decide to shade. Defuzz step COMPLETE! =D

[spoiler=W.I.P.(lineart finished!)]UsonoaoTruthDefuzz.png

Yay!! I think this will do for a finished product. I didn't shade. I might if I feel like it someday, but for now I think this is good. :)

[spoiler=Colored!]UsonoaoTruthColor.png

His design is based on the Steller's Jay: a really pretty bird. ^_^

Edited by Mercakete

I like the wings :3

Also, I second Kiryn's suggestion of Gimp. It's like a free version of Photoshop, very nice. It can even use PS brushes.

If you're willing to shell out around $60 I think SAI paint tool is better though

Edited by roymbrog

Already a new art?! Wow! Yeah, this one was pure MSPainted, so it didn't take so long. :3 I even shaded! Well, for those of you who were wondering, here's what everyone's favorite loudmothed, reckless, mariner-merc looks like!

[spoiler=Gytha!]GythaColor.png

It's there, it's just light. Hard to match values on MSPaint. And thanks. ^_^

Update: Gytha's cream-colored bandana and pants were bugging me, so I lightened their main colors to be more cream and less yellow. I think it looks better now. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I like how you did her arms and her facial expression. Good job on the hand too! You should post more of your character designs.

Watch out for the sideways-3-ish shading under her chest. That one aspect can really detract from the clothes shading on female figures.

Thank you for all the compliments! And for the tip, Blackavar. :)

I know I MSPainted her before, but she was on her horse and the skirt was giving me trouble. Here's Raechel again. Dismounted! I was going for more of a "looking up" feel, but it devolved into this. Eh, not too bad.

[spoiler=Sister Raechel (dismounted)]SisterRaechelDismounted.png

For some reason, that Raechel reminds me of Ashera. Is she going to kill everyone? :(

Other than that I like the posing even though it seems a bit too stern for the way I've come to interpret her thus far.

Yeah, he's pretty easygoing and don't worry; though she's proficient in light magic, she doesn't use it so often. XD She's not planning on killing anyone.

In this picture she's looking up, trying to find a point where to focuss her healing magic with that there physic staff. So, she's not being stern; just focussed. :3

As always, Kiryn's livestream inspired me to make art. So, I made a quick sketch of one of Phoenix's LoAF NPC's.

[spoiler=Shanice]Shanice.png