Why do people barely complain about the really risque character designs?

Camilla

It's no secret that a certain character gets almost all of the spotlight when it comes to design complaints, but how come people never seem to complain about the more risque designs? By more risque, I'm talking about the characters who actually have some of their vagina visible in their character designs. Ophelia, who barely has any of her body covered to begin with, even has on transparent panties. You can see the sides of Charlotte's vagina pretty clearly.

Yet when fanservice is complained about these characters are often overlooked. I even see Ophelia get a lot of praise!

I have seen Charlotte get some complaints at least, but they are usually over her breasts or bare stomach rather than the much more obvious thing.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's because we didn't see them in that angle.

I agree, the designs aren't that good. I really want IS to reconsider their character designs for the next game, and I hope they get enough pressure from the market to do this, as it happened when fans complained about the story and they managed to deliver a more decent one.

Because unlike Camila, these characters have only had their full-body (or at least lower-body) designs revealed now. If the full-body designs had been revealed for all characters and not just the siblings and other major characters, these designs would also be complained about, maybe even moreso.

Rest assured, I complained about that in the Amie thread (with Ophelia having the same problem as Nyx). For all his bare-chestedness, Vaike wore pants.

I can't even tell what the hell is up with Charlotte's bottom half, because that doesn't look like proper female anatomy (and that would be something along the lines of the pubic bone, BTW).

I don't know why I haven't seen complaining, but it'll probably start up now that we have different views and angles.

Their designs could possibly be altered slightly in the North American (or other versions) release, though!

People have been talking a lot about Charlotte. Even I noticed that and I wasn't keeping up with the new names and designs.

As for me personally, I couldn't have said anything about them since I hadn't seen them yet. And considering how Camilla looked, I was not exactly overly enthusiastic to stay up to date in that regard. Seeing those designs now, shows that they are pretty much what I was expecting.

Of course, it's natural that Camilla would get the most attention either way. After all, she is featured prominently on the cover and in the trailers.

Edited by BrightBow

Rest assured, I complained about that in the Amie thread (with Ophelia having the same problem as Nyx). For all his bare-chestedness, Vaike wore pants.

I can't even tell what the hell is up with Charlotte's bottom half, because that doesn't look like proper female anatomy (and that would be something along the lines of the pubic bone, BTW).

I think that Ophelia is worse than Nyx because Nyx at least has solid panties on.

It does look a bit awkward, but that aside it seems to be showing both the vagina bone and part of the pubic region (the very far side of it). It also doesn't look like the panties cover the edges of the lower...parts completely either.

i honestly blame the artist more for this then the designers, cause the designers are defiantly partly at fault, as the actual artist probably has more final weight in the final design, so he thought these were okay. though really i think IS is the most at fault for the design, as they were the ones who thought it was a good idea to hire the no more heroes artist for there game which, though his art suited no more heroes, it does not suit the style fire emblem usually has.

though as for the designs, i don't really care either way, as I don't like the art style/direction. It's better then awakening mind you, but its still not a style i like.

though do be fair there not as bad as fantasy designs in other games out there (it's still not good though).

i honestly blame the artist more for this then the designers, cause the designers are defiantly partly at fault, as the actual artist probably has more final weight in the final design, so he thought these were okay. though really i think IS is the most at fault for the design, as they were the ones who thought it was a good idea to hire the no more heroes artist for there game which, though his art suited no more heroes, it does not suit the style fire emblem usually has.

though as for the designs, i don't really care either way, as I don't like the art style/direction. It's better then awakening mind you, but its still not a style i like.

though do be fair there not as bad as fantasy designs in other games out there (it's still not good though).

I remember reading that the rest of the design team has more of a say with the look of the armour, though I think both parties may be equally at fault.

In any case, I've stopped complaining because I've just assessed to myself that this is Fire Emblem: Silliness, and if I go in with the mindset that this game is wacky funtime adventure through the land of shipping, then I'll probably enjoy it.

Yeah, as has been stated, we've never really seen the lower half of these characters until very recently, and they're way less prominent in promotional material and in-game than Camilla is.​

But great golly ​gosh is Charlotte's design terrible, like whoah

​I mean I hated it before but that takes it to a whole new level

​

​I don't mind Ophelia much, though. Part of what makes me hate Charlotte's design (beyond simply looking stupid), is the 'armour bikini' look - where there's a mix of armour and half-nakedness. With the spellcasters like Ophelia, Nyx, Orochi etc, they're not really wearing any armour, so it's less jarring, and being ranged, magical classes, they have a lot more leeway in terms of attire.

​

​With the exception of Camilla and Charlotte, though, I think this game's designs are overall absolutely fantastic; perhaps amongst the best in the series

Also I think it warrants acknowledging that term 'vagina' does not encompass the entire crotch area

Edited by Twylis

Im just not arsed considering all the man-cleavage and waistcoat fanservice and general distribution of the fanservice. Its all so very equal opportunity in a variety of ways. Seeing crotch creases isnt bothering me that much as a result.

Probably exposure. Camilla is a more prominent character in the advertising (and probably the story).

I like the designs for the most part, I could gush about the generics for hours and anyone in a decent amount of clothing/armor looks pretty good for the most part.

The thing is, you can't even see these images in-game. At least, not that low. So yeah, what you see there is very provocative, but you can't view those unless you hack the game basically so is it really an issue?

The thing is, you can't even see these images in-game. At least, not that low. So yeah, what you see there is very provocative, but you can't view those unless you hack the game basically so is it really an issue?

Doesn't change the fact that it's there. If Marx's design had his penis completely uncovered and hanging out, do you think it's ok simply because his ingame portrait doesn't have it?