Media Create: Fates sold more than Awakening (Sales for Week 2 Up)

https://twitter.com/CureVylash/status/615609260001599488

We'll need to wait until Wednesday before the numbers of published, but this is good.

EDIT: The numbers are now in. Fire Emblem Fates sold over 300K copies, if you include the regular and special editions.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1073471

EDIT 2: We now have more specific information on how well each version did.

http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-fates-birthright-sells-a-bit-more-than-conquest-in-japan-90-sell-through/

From Media Create, Hoshido overall sold 154,000 copies, while Nohr overall sold 107,000 copies.

Week 2 puts Fates at #1 again, selling 54,896 copies, bringing the overall sales to over 350,000.

Edited by Shadow Stalker X

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome. I wasn't sure if IS could repeat Awakening's success.

I'm not sure if the games will sell as much in the long-term, but I doubt they'll complain with the sales : P

Also, buy Kiseki!

But I thought Japan rated Hoshido higher? o.O

Either way, though, awesome! ^^ FE just keeps moving up! (I just hope that all the fanservice wasn't the reason for the good sales...) Hopefully IS can afford to make a Wii U FE now!

Edited by Anacybele

I always though it would sell well but, Wow! feels great to know one of my favorite series is still going strong. Hopefully Fire Emblem doesn't end soon! :)

Edited by Obscurité

But I thought Japan rated Hoshido higher? o.O

Either way, though, awesome! ^^ FE just keeps moving up! (I just hope that all the fanservice wasn't the reason for the good sales...) Hopefully IS can afford to make a Wii U FE now!

Well, reading everything that was said on that page apparently Nohr was the better seller on day 1, but Hoshido quickly caught up. Which makes sense really, since I'd imagine Nohr would have a lot more pre-orders and day one purchases from fans of the series. Then Hoshido sales would pick up from word of mouth. Hopefully the US release will look the same way.

I'd be super hyped for a Wii U FE, or alternatively having FE as a launch title for the NX (assuming it is another console of course).

Edited by Honey Bunny

Awesome. I wasn't sure if IS could repeat Awakening's success.

I'm not sure if the games will sell as much in the long-term, but I doubt they'll complain with the sales : P

Also, buy Kiseki!

Kiseki? You also own a dead horse known as vita? Fellow comrade m8.

First week of Awakening in Japan 260k, congratz to Nintendo.

Btw vincent can you do a allegiance for the third route with the third route's icon too?

Edited by Awakener_

Well, reading everything that was said on that page apparently Nohr was the better seller on day 1, but Hoshido quickly caught up. Which makes sense really, since I'd imagine Nohr would have a lot more pre-orders and day one purchases from fans of the series. Then Hoshido sales would pick up from word of mouth. Hopefully the US release will look the same way.

I'd be super hyped for a Wii U FE, or alternatively having FE as a launch title for the NX (assuming it is another console of course).

I did see that, but the rating I saw was from before this thread was even made. xP Still, it also kind of disappoints me that Nohr is more popular, as I don't have much interest in it and think Hoshido looks way way way better... But that's just me.

Anyway, I hope the US release is like this as well. And that it's censored, from what I'm hearing about the fanservice in these games. At the very least, cover Camilla up a little more, please, and make the "amie" in the My Castle less disturbing.

Oh, but guys, is it possible that these better sales are only because there are two different versions? Or are BOTH versions outselling Awakening?

EDIT: Obscurite, can you change your avatar, please? It's a spoiler for those who want to play Nohr. This goes for everyone else too, please don't put spoilers in your avatars, as they can't be hidden.

Edited by Anacybele

Pretty good news.

Awakening sold around 240,000 or something with an 81% sell through rate, I'm expecting this game to have at least 300,000ish first week. Looks like Fire Emblem's days of fearing cancelation are long gone.

I bought Kiseki

Edited by SilverPants

Pretty good news.

Awakening sold around 240,000 or something with an 81% sell through rate, I'm expecting this game to have at least 300,000ish first week. Looks like Fire Emblem's days of fearing cancelation are long gone.

1.8 million sales of Awakening already should smash the thought of canning the series and with the sales of Fates, Fire Emblem raise to a new height.

1.8 million sales of Awakening already should smash the thought of canning the series and with the sales of Fates, Fire Emblem raise to a new height.

Absolutely, but in the back of my head, I couldn't help but think Awakenings sales were a miraculous fluke. I was worried that many of the people who tried Awakening wouldn't return because it wasn't there thing or maybe the fan service this time around would repulse many people. I'm glad that people are willing to try this game because the gameplay sounds vastly improved from Awakening. In hindsight, it was probably a silly thing to think.

Hopefully the same can be said for NA and Europe, but I've seen many complaints about this game already, including a petition to cancel the series.

I did see that, but the rating I saw was from before this thread was even made. xP Still, it also kind of disappoints me that Nohr is more popular, as I don't have much interest in it and think Hoshido looks way way way better... But that's just me.

Anyway, I hope the US release is like this as well. And that it's censored, from what I'm hearing about the fanservice in these games. At the very least, cover Camilla up a little more, please, and make the "amie" in the My Castle less disturbing.

Oh, but guys, is it possible that these better sales are only because there are two different versions? Or are BOTH versions outselling Awakening?

EDIT: Obscurite, can you change your avatar, please? It's a spoiler for those who want to play Nohr. This goes for everyone else too, please don't put spoilers in your avatars, as they can't be hidden.

My only fear with Nohr being more popular is that they won't do as many creative classes as they did with Hoshido. I think that Hoshido will start picking up more, and more though. Eventually outselling Nohr in the end.

I completely agree with you on the censoring. At the very least have it so that all the romanceable character's are of legal age, or, really, anything creepy at all.

Hopefully both versions are selling like gangbusters. Who knows what kind of love Nintendo might throw the series then? Realistically they're probably combining sales though...

I'm going to echo your edit. Even though whoever that character in Obscurite's avatar is looks awesome. I use 'though' a lot don't I?

Edited by Honey Bunny

Well the funny thing is, almost every FE went above the whole "Awakening had to sell this many copies" quota, but yeah it's huge success is what is pushing Fates to an even greater soar

Glad to see the news.

Apparently, the Nohr version sold better on yhe release day, but since then, hoshido surpassed it. Now both are sold out.

Well, that's what people are saying on Neogaf's japanese sales thread

My only fear with Nohr being more popular is that they won't do as many creative classes as they did with Hoshido. I think that Hoshido will start picking up more, and more though. Eventually outselling Nohr in the end.

I completely agree with you on the censoring. At the very least have it so that all the romanceable character's are of legal age, or, really, anything creepy at all.

Hopefully both versions are selling like gangbusters. Who knows what kind of love Nintendo might throw the series then? Realistically they're probably combining sales though...

I'm going to echo your edit. Even though whoever that character in Obscurite's avatar is looks awesome. I use 'though' a lot don't I?

I read that Hoshido caught up and surpassed it, so maybe Nohr saw a resurgence, if this is what's being reported. As long as they're both doing well and there's not a clear "winner" or "loser." I love the Hoshido aesthetics.

Absolutely, but in the back of my head, I couldn't help but think Awakenings sales were a miraculous fluke. I was worried that many of the people who tried Awakening wouldn't return because it wasn't there thing or maybe the fan service this time around would repulse many people. I'm glad that people are willing to try this game because the gameplay sounds vastly improved from Awakening. In hindsight, it was probably a silly thing to think.

Hopefully the same can be said for NA and Europe, but I've seen many complaints about this game already, including a petition to cancel the series.

What?! More info about this petition, please.

Edited by scarlett_94

Well the funny thing is, almost every FE went above the whole "Awakening had to sell this many copies" quota, but yeah it's huge success is what is pushing Fates to an even greater soar

Glad to see the news.

With how much DS and Wii sold, sales for the DS series and especially the Tellius series is already alarming Nintendo about the declining sales. Given how 3DS just came out then, 250k sales will still be hard to reach when even on these giant monsters console they barely sold above the required numbers and now will be sold on a lesser sales console like the 3DS. But thankfully Awakening is a hit and not only that the reception on Awakening surpassed of that any FE game ever received.

Edited by Awakener_

With how much DS and Wii sold, sales for the DS series and especially the Tellius series is already alarming Nintendo about the declining sales. Given how 3DS just came out then, 250k sales will still be hard to reach when even on these giant monsters console they barely sold above the required numbers and now will be sold on a lesser sales console like the 3DS. But thankfully Awakening is a hit and not only that the reception on Awakening surpassed of that any FE game ever received.

While I can agree with the business ventures that it surpasses the other FE's, I still feel that other entries are more solid in certain aspects (like any long running series).

I myself highly enjoyed Awakening, but I find myself replaying the other games more often. Yes I know opinions are a thing and sales are a decent indication. I've never been one for sales = quality myself.

Edited by Jedi

What?! More info about this petition, please.

Some guy on Gamefaqs was going around making petitions to cancel the series, saying that the series was ruined now because all the fan service, marriage, children, incest, Awakening, and that it would be better off dead than pandering to weeaboos, pedophiles and so on.

The topic got modded so it doesn't exist anymore, and I can't seem to find the petition either, but if you search "Fire Emblem cancellation petition" on google, some traces of it are still there.

edit: I believe they also said this was the most offensive game that ever existed, or maybe that was someone else, I don't remember.

Edited by SilverPants

Some guy on Gamefaqs was going around making petitions to cancel the series, saying that the series was ruined now because all the fan service, marriage, children, incest, Awakening, and that it would be better off dead than pandering to weeaboos, pedophiles and so on.

The topic got modded so it doesn't exist anymore, and I can't seem to find the petition either, but if you search "Fire Emblem Cancellation Petition" on google, some traces of it are still there.

edit: I believe they also said this was the most offensive game that ever existed, or maybe that was someone else, I don't remember.

Should just be shot and thrown beneath the dirt, trolls that is.

The game is out, the information is wide spread, it doesn't leak any plot points or narrative, it's not a spoiler.

The game is out, the information is wide spread, it doesn't leak any plot points or narrative, it's not a spoiler.

The game is not out in places not named Japan. It's a character not shown in Famitsu or anything, so it's a spoiler for those waiting for the western release and wanting to play Nohr.

I hope this means marriage and children become staples of the series from now on then. :v It certainly reignited my love for Fire Emblem.

Waifus is a must at this point, people are now literary dragging their waifus out of the game and putting them in their desktop.

Great news for the series. I'd say its a staple franchise of Nintendo at this point. As far as marriage and children mechanics go I don't think they are bad and if they keep refining it then I think alot of people will be suprised. Awakening set the base for alot of things and I think as long as they continue to improve on it then FE will become better as a whole. Just look at what they did with the story of Fates. From what I'm hearing its damn good if not phenomenal with choices that actually result in consequences both good and bad.