The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

Honestly, the new Mega Man TV show is wack.

Way better than the Pac-man one, though.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Caster said:

I haven't gotten to BN or SF yet. I've played like everything else. I was just curious in general around here.

Wait a second. You're the individual formerly known as Jprebs. Do you still have me blocked?

37 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Got BN1 on the Wii U Virtual Console, I got far I think, but I never finished it. The action is harder than I would've expected for a game whose supposed target audience would be young kids, some restore points in the middle of the Internet were called for from time to time.

Part of me wants to say "Play Battle Network 2, you get subchips in that game" but then I remember you fully heal after every battle in Battle Network 1. I am thus left to conclude that you must have had a bad folder or something. You can also save whenever and it saves your location when you do so, making restore points effectively infinite.

You can also spam Invis instead of actually getting good in the later games.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Honestly, the new Mega Man TV show is wack.

Man Man was kinda cool, though.

Just now, AnonymousSpeed said:

Man Man was kinda cool, though

Can't argue with that. He was actually pretty good for more than just meminess.

Did they ever reveal who Namagem actually was? I was 80% sure I knew, but having never played a Mega Man game, I'm not certain.

Just now, Benice said:

Did they ever reveal who Namagem actually was? I was 80% sure I knew, but having never played a Mega Man game, I'm not certain.

He is not based on anyone from the games. There may be parallels to other characters from the classic series (the "Mega Man" + number ones) but he's a creation of the show.

Just now, AnonymousSpeed said:

He is not based on anyone from the games. There may be parallels to other characters from the classic series (the "Mega Man" + number ones) but he's a creation of the show.

Hee hee. My guess stands, especially knowing who the main villain of the franchise is.

Qi4NLMN.jpg

Teehee

16 hours ago, Armagon said:
Unironically, this is a valid strat. The enemies suffer fall damage just as you do (i don't think they do in X because that game doesn't have fall damage) so if you're ever in a situation where you can exploit that fact, you should try to go for it.

Of course, if the height is too great, the enemy might just fall out of range which will end the battle and i don't think you get anything out of it.

That would explain why I didn't get anything when it happened.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I mean
It's Neptunia xD

Too true. XD

---

xsb5t68.jpg

*flashes back to Re;Birth 2, Tales of Xillia 2, Tales of Berseria, Nights of Azure, Nights of Azure 2, Labyrinth of Refrain etc.*
Oh my...

#VelvetDidNothingWrong

That she indeed didn't.

She's the best Tales protag by far.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Cooler Elise

What is this game, what is it about, what's the gameplay like?
Because this music is fire!

Just now, DragonFlames said:

What is this game, what is it about, what's the gameplay like?

Never played it myself, but it's a fighting game.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Because this music is fire!

Yup. Youtube has been rec'ing me music from it lately

Here's another one:

I do love my 'Water' music, like this one. Or Mystic Core. Or Blue Destination.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Ikr xD

I don't really play non-smash fighting games, so totally understand.

Still, fire OST though

My issue is that fighting games are the other genre I suck very badly at that (outside of Smash, which is about the only fighting game I'm somewhat decent at, if you stretch the definition of decent).
The OST is fire, that I won't disagree with.

Another one

Amazing!
Kinda liking the artstyle, too.

And while we're on the subject of music recommendations: you can add one more to your list:

My issue is that fighting games are the other genre I suck very badly at that (outside of Smash, which is about the only fighting game I'm somewhat decent at, if you stretch the definition of decent).

My problem with non-smash fighters are what commonly known as ''pretzel motions''

All these combinations to memorize

527785521347559424.png?v=1

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And while we're on the subject of music recommendations: you can add one more to your list:

Boss theme, right? Maybe even Final Boss theme. Sure sounds like one.

A FE dragon loli with a Witchy banger

Just now, Shrimperor said:

My problem with non-smash fighters are what commonly known as ''pretzel motions''

527785521347559424.png?v=1

Definitely.
Laugh at me if you want, but this also frequently gives me trouble in Warriors games.

Boss theme, right? Maybe even Final Boss theme. Sure sounds like one.

Yup, it's the final boss theme.
Game itself is a dungeon crawler not unlike Mary Skelter and Etrian Odyssey. The story is Re;Birth 2 Conquest Route levels of depressing at times.

A FE dragon loli with a Witchy banger

Me likey!
That game's music is way too good for a party game.

Laugh at me if you want, but this also frequently gives me trouble in Warriors games

Atleast Warriors games are single player, so you can open the menu whenever you need to check the combos

The story is Re;Birth 2 Conquest Route levels of depressing at times.

[Neptune] has left the Party

That game's music is way too good for a party game.

You gotta listen to something good when you are screaming to the heavens about shitty RNG xD

>be me
>Do a combination to get +4 ATK
>Roll a 1
>Enemy rolls 6 Evasion

REEEEEE

xD

Oj that's a Nasuverse Character

Atleast Warriors games are single player, so you can open the menu whenever you need to check the combos

True.
Still, I sometimes have trouble remembering (and consciously executing) character's best combo strings. Even though it's literally just one button a few times followed by another button once, maybe twice depending on the game and character.
Augmenting that issue is that some characters have exactly one combo that kills everything, while every other combo is practically useless.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

[Neptune] has left the Party

This was the most depressing "left the Party" message I have ever read. Especially considering how it happens.

You know, I can give Re;Birth 2 a lot of crap for its overuse of Underling and Warechu, and the mandatory Share grinding, but I can't deny that the Conquest Route is one of the best written parts of any video game.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

You gotta listen to something good when you are screaming to the heavens about shitty RNG xD

Indeed.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

This gives me Mary Skelter vibes. Might be the title, but the music itself is also something that could come out of that game.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Oj that's a Nasuverse Character

Me, only knowing Fate (kinda): "Waver with boobs!"

Another OJ Track

I can't deny that the Conquest Route is one of the best written parts of any video game.

For a game about memes, Tragic Nep works surprisingly well...

Reminds me of Helck. A Manga that started as a Mario Party competition for the next Demon Lord, and became saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad ;_;

remembers sad scene about the Hero's companions

;_;

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

This gives me Mary Skelter vibes. Might be the title, but the music itself is also something that could come out of that game

Hmm. Maybe because Tsukihime (and Melty Blood) are about Vampires and stuff.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Me, only knowing Fate (kinda): "Waver with boobs!"

LMAO.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I could probably learn how to do the combos and whatnot if i put the effort into it so that's not the issue. But for me, my problem with traditional fighting games is that they feel too restrictive in movement. You can only go forward or back and you can jump up to a centimeter. And this restriction in movement means if you get cornered, well GG.

I mean, maybe that's not true at all and i'm just too used to Smash (a game where i'm somewhat decently good in) but that's what it feels like to me.