L'yse's doodles

L'yse

I think thats what the topic's supposed to be called?? sorry, they have really high res and I don't know how to shrink them!

tumblr_nh891kFarD1tq3i0so1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nh891kFarD1tq3i0so2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nh891kFarD1tq3i0so3_1280.jpg

This is a wip of my male MU in Awakening. The lining was a pain in the backside. The rest are just ocs. Please give feedback! I mean, if you don't want to then please don't go out of your way! I'm new here too, so hi to all. Critiquing is greatly appreciated. Also, if someone knows a way to make these images smaller, please tell me!

Your MU's arms seem a little long. Or maybe it might be his entire upper body that's long.

Oh, it does look that way, now that I think about it. It's probably because his torso is kind of long, so I'll keep that in mind when drawing again. Thanks for the feedback c:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm fairly certain there are free programs you can use to resize. Gimp comes to mind. Infact, Photoshop CS2 may still be up for grabs (not entirely legal but you can download it directly from their site and use the serial key they provide) and you can resize very easily in there.

Onto the art 'w' You draw hair really nicely, very swirly and full of movement. They're all sorta the same hairstyle though, would be interested in seeing more. I like the freckles on the middle picture, have a freckle weakness. Critique wise, I think you probably need to try to reference real humans a bit more. One thing I know that could probably help you out is to measure the body using heads since you've made these two torsos that are a bit too long, it's supposed to be around 3 head lengths from chin to crotch area and yours are more like 4.

[spoiler=ref pic]

prop_var.gif

These can be taken with a grain of salt as your art is a bit more cartoony/anime inspired. What I do sometimes is draw a normally proportioned head and construct the body, then enlarge the head at the end, cus I like big heads~

There's a bit of an issue with the face in profile too. You draw the eyes pretty big from the side. I'd definitely suggest using some reference for drawing the profile, as its pretty tricky to imagine in your head. You also made the ears pretty small/low, when ears actually line up with the brow and bottom of the nose.

Oh and uh...speaking from experience, having avoided drawing backgrounds for over ten years, giving some context really helps make the piece more interesting. Horizon line, prop, lighting...anything, it all helps things from living in their own weird white flat world.