4-Koma Kings Translations [COMPLETE!]

Kirokan

UPDATE [5/12/2015] It is finally complete! Thank you for your patience everyone! I had a lot of fun and it was motivating to read that people were enjoying it too. Thank you so much!

Click here to download it altogether as a single rar file. There are a few edits left to be done, but I figured since they're mine people can start to read it anyway and I'll fix it up later. Enjoy!

ORIGINAL POST:

Hi everyone!

My copy of 4-koma Kings came in today. I decided to try and at least translate one page per day on my blog, so thought there may be people who were interested in reading them here, too. The images are fairly large, so will be kept in spoiler tags by page --but if that gets too inconvenient may make a gallery on the blog itself that will constantly update.

I am not posting any raw scans, however. I'm not quite sure what the legality of this all is, either...If someone else is already doing this, or if this is against the rules in some fashion, please inform me/shut this thread immediately!

I don't get anything beyond practice out of this, which is why the pace may be rather slow... I apologize if anyone is in a rush to see the entire thing...

I'll keep updating this post as they come! Check back often!

---

Please support the authors by buying it for yourself, too!

Note-It is read from right to left. The official localized names are used.

Page 04 (first with comics on it)

04translate.jpg?w=818&h=1259

Page 05

05translate.jpg

Page 06

06translate.jpg?w=818&h=1269

Page 07

07translate.jpg?w=818&h=1269

Page 08

08translate.jpg?w=818&h=1275

Page 09

09translate.jpg?w=818&h=1260

Page 10

10translate.jpg?w=818&h=1239

Page 11 - Is just the table of contents, so skipped it!

Page 12 - Black and White starts here!

12translate.jpg?w=818&h=1214

Page 13

13translate.jpg?w=818&h=1268

Page 14

14translate.jpg?w=818&h=1275

Page 15

15translate.jpg?w=818&h=1259

Page 16

16translate.jpg?w=818&h=1263

Page 17

17translate.jpg?w=818&h=1253

Page 18

18translate.jpg

Page 19

19translate.jpg

Page 20

20translate.jpg

Page 21

21translate.jpg

Page 22

22translate.jpg

Page 23

23translate.jpg

Page 24

24translate.jpg

Page 25

25translate.jpg

Page 26

26translate.jpg

Page 27

27translate.jpg

Page 28

28translate.jpg

Page 29

29translate.jpg

Page 30

30translate.jpg?w=818&h=1251

Page 31

31translate.jpg

Page 32

32translate.jpg

Page 33

33translate.jpg

Page 34

34translate.jpg

Page 35

35translate.jpg

Page 36

36translate.jpg

Page 37

37translate.jpg

Page 38

38translate.jpg

Page 39

39translated.jpg

Page 40

40translate.jpg

Page 41

41translate.jpg

Page 42

42translate.jpg

Page 43

43translate.jpg

Page 44

44translate.jpg

Page 45

45translate.jpg

Page 46

46translate.jpg

Page 47

47translate.jpg

Page 48

48translate.jpg

Page 49

49translate.jpg

Page 50

50translate.jpg

Page 51

51translate.jpg

Page 52

52translate.jpg

Page 53

53translate.jpg

Page 54

54translate.jpg

Page 55

55translate.jpg

Page 56

56translate.jpg

Page 57

57translate.jpg

Page 58

58translate.jpg

Page 59

59translate.jpg

Page 60

60translate.jpg

Page 61

61translate.jpg

Page 62

62translate.jpg

Page 63

63translate.jpg

Page 64

64translate.jpg

Page 65

65translate.jpg

Page 66

66translate.jpg

Page 67

67translate.jpg

Page 68

68translate.jpg

Page 69

69translate.jpg

Page 70

70translate.jpg

Page 71

71translate.jpg

Page 72

72translate.jpg

Page 73

73translate.jpg

Page 74

74translate.jpg

Page 75

75translate.jpg

Page 76

76translate.jpg

Page 77

77translate.jpg

Page 78

78translate.jpg

Page 79

79translate.jpg

Page 80

80translate.jpg

Page 81

81translate1.jpg

Page 82

82translate.jpg

Page 83

83translate.jpg

Page 84

84translate.jpg

Page 85

85translate.jpg

Page 86

86translate.jpg

Page 87

87translate.jpg

Page 88

88translate.jpg

Page 89

89translate.jpg

Page 90

90translate1.jpg

Page 91

91translate.jpg

Page 92

92translate.jpg

Page 93

93translate.jpg

Page 94

94translate.jpg

Page 95

95translate.jpg

Page 96

96translate.jpg

Page 97

97translate.jpg

Page 98

98translate.jpg

Page 99

99translate.jpg

Page 100

100translate.jpg

Page 101

101translated.jpg

Page 102

102translate.jpg

Page 103

103translate.jpg

Page 104

104translate.jpg

Uh oh, I reached the post image limit... so the rest of the links are to the images on my site. But I will continue on my second post in this thread! Scroll down a little and you should see it : )

105: https://kantopia.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/105translate.jpg

106: https://kantopia.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/106translate.jpg

107: https://kantopia.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/107translate.jpg

108: https://kantopia.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/108translate.jpg

109: https://kantopia.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/109translate.jpg

110: https://kantopia.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/110translate.jpg

111: https://kantopia.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/111translate.jpg

112: https://kantopia.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/112translate.jpg

113: https://kantopia.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/113translate.jpg[LAST PAGE!]

Edited by Kirokan

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Appreciate this is not the most legal route, but your effort is astounding! The only thing I can say is that if they produce translated versions of this at a later date, you should take this down.

Thank you for uploading and your dedication towards this (not to mention the introduction of your blog...)

CONTINUING FROM FIRST POST:

Page 105

105translate.jpg

Page 106

106translate.jpg

Page 107

107translate.jpg

Page 108

108translate.jpg

Page 109

109translate.jpg

Page 110

110translate.jpg

Page 111

111translate.jpg

Page 112

112translate.jpg

Page 113

113translate.jpg

<Original Post Below>

Poor Yarne :c

Thanks for the translations, I eagerly await more.

You're welcome! I'm glad there are people who are interested. : )

That maribelle one is great. Thanks for the translations kirokan!

They're pretty amusing in their own ways : D and so fun to translate! You're welcome!

This is pretty neat. Thanks! Looking forward to more.

The artwork is great, so I look forward to going through it page by page with you all!

Appreciate this is not the most legal route, but your effort is astounding! The only thing I can say is that if they produce translated versions of this at a later date, you should take this down.

Thank you for uploading and your dedication towards this (not to mention the introduction of your blog...)

Thank you. Indeed, I am not quite sure what the rules are in regards to this sort of thing, and so of course if there was some sort of official translation coming out, or anything else that causes problems, I will certainly take it all down. : )

You're welcome! I also translated the entire FE6/7 character book profiles there. I'm a long time FE nut. XD

Edited by Kirokan

Not trying to jinx it, but this isn't ever getting translated officially, so I don't see any reason to hold back.

Also, the Olivia one was amazing. No bias, I swear.

Yeah... it's pretty unlikely. But rest assured if it somehow comes to be, I will gladly abide!

I love the way she was drawn in that one XD I'm really liking the artwork from all these artists!

LOL poor Frederick getting a big ol' hunk of bear meat thrown right into his mouth. XD

Is there more with him? Possibly with the female Avatar too? I'll take anything Freddy! (well, unless it's Frederick x Sumia/Lissa stuff... >_<)

Is there any good Lucina x Robin stuffs in there? Or just some good stuffs on Lucy? I might consider getting one as well.

Nothing too direct, but there is quite a bit of silliness with Lucina in there! The artwork with her is beautiful as you will see in later pages : )

LOL poor Frederick getting a big ol' hunk of bear meat thrown right into his mouth. XD

Is there more with him? Possibly with the female Avatar too? I'll take anything Freddy! (well, unless it's Frederick x Sumia/Lissa stuff... >_<)

Yep! Frederick appears here and there! Nothing too direct pairings wise! They do a good job putting all sorts of characters in the comics, from me just skimming it, they even have Excellus appear here and there quite often XD as you can see on Page 8 that I just uploaded.

Edited by Kirokan

Sully... Sully what are you doing. THARJA'S GONNA BE COMING AFTER YOU NOW! RUUUUUUN!

Sully opened a dangerous door XD

Wow I'm glad you posted this I kinda want to get one now as long as its translated of course.

No problem! The book itself didn't cost much, in fact the price of shipping (10 dollars) was higher than the book (~7 dollars)

Yep! Frederick appears here and there! Nothing too direct pairings wise! They do a good job putting all sorts of characters in the comics, from me just skimming it, they even have Excellus appear here and there quite often XD as you can see on Page 8 that I just uploaded.

Ugh, Excellus... But at least there's more Freddy Bear. ^^ Sweet!

aaah that bunny one with yarne is adorable

help

Very much! XD

I don't get the "Make a fortune!" thing. Is that one of her battle lines that was woolseyized? What's the english version equivalent of what she's saying if that's the case?

I looked into it, in Japanese she says 一攫千金 (Ikkaku senkin, literally means "one grab thousand gold" so "get rick quick/make a fortune/make a killing"). When put in search engines with Anna and Fire Emblem, it would come up as one of the things she says in an attack. However, I'm not sure which line it was equated to in English. I looked on the FE wiki and I guess "Cha-ching" is the closest thing without having to have this ridiculous explanation XD...

If anybody has more info on that though please let me know!

Nothing too direct

Because they don't want to step on people's toes for pairings.

Anyways, the most "blatant one" I remember is the comic named "Job" (the "class" meaning) with FeMU and Chrom.

Where he gives her a Change Proof (Second Seal) and had a panel of being embarrassed that he wants her to change into the Bride class.

It's one of the comics on a page on the very right on the latter part of the book.

Edited by shadowofchaos

awesome that you're doing the translations. I also ordered a copy and awaiting mine.

I have actually scanned the entirety of the DNA FE Comic Anthology but still haven't found a translator for it yet.

I have actually scanned the entirety of the DNA FE Comic Anthology but still haven't found a translator for it yet.

I'm fine doing small translations here and there.

I just don't like the tedious image editing and cleaning part.

Speaking of which, the Comic Anthology is still coming my way.

Edited by shadowofchaos

It would be nice if you can translate some but I don't want to overwhelm you with the amount since the stories in there really require a significant amount to translate what is going. Although I personally think a summary wouldn't be a bad idea for each chapter. I just want to know what's going on in most cases. I could only comprehend about 4 chapters at most in the comic anthology. If you would like I can PM you the scan if you want.

Also Lonqu/Maribelle and the Lucina one in the 4koma gave me a pretty big chuckle.

Because they don't want to step on people's toes for pairings.

Anyways, the most "blatant one" I remember is the comic named "Job" (the "class" meaning) with FeMU and Chrom.

Where he gives her a Change Proof (Second Seal) and had a panel of being embarrassed that he wants her to change into the Bride class.

It's one of the comics on a page on the very right on the latter part of the book.

That's what I figured too, regarding the pairings and such.

awesome that you're doing the translations. I also ordered a copy and awaiting mine.

I have that collection too, I thought about translating it before, but indeed the format compared to yonkoma means I cannot do it in as staggered as a pace as I am this one XD But having it all scanned would already get one major hurdle out of the way!

Scanning, image editing, cleaning, translating, type setting... it is pretty hard for just one person to do. XD Time intensive for sure...

It's why I appreciate everyone's patience with the 4-koma kings.

FIVE DOGS AND FIFTEEN CATS! THAT'S HOW MANY!

Hahahahahahaha!

...Ugh. I hate Inigo's interactions with other guys for the most part, he definitely shows his worst side around them. Why would ANYBODY just LEAVE an adorable puppy in a box in the rain?

Edited by Alastor15243

FIVE DOGS AND FIFTEEN CATS! THAT'S HOW MANY!

Hahahahahahaha!

...Ugh. I hate Inigo's interactions with other guys for the most part, he definitely shows his worst side around them. Why would ANYBODY just LEAVE an adorable puppy in a box in the rain?

Right? XD He's pretty mean with that teasing!

Sorry today's (yesterday's?) updates came a little late! But they're up now, and with more to come tomorrow!