Five Nights at Freddy's 1, 2, 3 discussion thread

Misses Elise-chan!

Fred Bear's Family Diner Survey  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Are you ready for Freddy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Get this game out of my forum

I enjoyed the first one, but I didn't feel the second really added enough. The first game's tension was pretty cool, but I don't feel it was present in the second.

I'm curious to see how this new animatronic is going to beat out about eleven other animatronics in being a challenge. It's definitely creepy, though. The way that thing moves is unsettling.

Well, that animatronic was unexpected. I wonder how this one fits into the story. Maybe a certain gamecrashing hallucination in the second game was far more relevant then it seemed.

Edited by BrightBow

One of the most boring and least scary horror games I have ever played, may be except some terrible ones on PS1. The first was decent but the second was not. The story is shit, it's the common story for a B-rated horror movie in America. I have read more intriguing and terrified stories in Nosleep (and they are not even decent, I tell you). The gameplay is even more simple than the mini-text game in Space Ranger, I kid you not. Everything else is sup bar but since it's an indie work, I can understand why.This franchise is as thrilling as Dead Space 6. However, I am not surprised that this game scared many people since it seems like the ones who love this game are not old enough to hold their beer and the only other horror game they have played is RE.

Edited by Magical Amber

One of the most boring and least scary horror games I have ever played, may be except some terrible ones on PS1. The first was decent but the second was not. The story is shit, it's the common story for a B-rated horror movie in America. I have read more intriguing and terrified stories in Nosleep (and they are not even decent, I tell you). The gameplay is even more simple than the mini-text game in Space Ranger, I kid you not. Everything else is sup bar but since it's an indie work, I can understand why.This franchise is as thrilling as Dead Space 6. However, I am not surprised that this game scared many people since it seems like the ones who love this game are not old enough to hold their beer and the only other horror game they have played is RE.

This is a place for love, not hate.

To be honest, the games don't really scare me, but I do like them because the story is still fairly intriguing to me, and Scott does a good job of making the game's atmosphere rather...unsettling. Even if nothing happens, you know something WILL.

It's all jump scares man.

The only reason the puppetbots are creepy is more likely related to the uncanny valley.

I know the Game Overs are accompanied by a jumpscare but I would have figured that this is not were the draw of the game comes from.

I mean, the animatronics really are out there and they will only get you if you fail to keep them away from you, meaning what happens is entirely the result of the actions of the player. But since you never know were all of them they are at all times, there is never a way to keep perfect control over the situation. So there is always this fear that a mistake could bring a run to an early end. And for an extra layer of sadism, enemies can slip past the player and simply stay there for a while. So it's even possible to have lost the game without knowing it. Therefore the player can never feel save.

Edited by BrightBow

The atmosphere and constant threat of being jumped offers a sense of dread that I haven't seen or felt in any other horror game for years. And I use the term "horror" lightly given how easy it is to just tack onto something then add blood and gore and say oh look how scary it is without actually making the player feel any sort of actual tension.

So jump scares yes but what leads up to them can really get someone even if they are used to them given how you will have to concentrate on where the animotronics are or could be.

i bet amber is only talking about the japanese or japanese-esque horror games that just have some kawaii desu girl in a "terrifying situation as you guide her through instant death traps crap you wouldn't know about at all until it kills you so spooky

The atmosphere and constant threat of being jumped offers a sense of dread that I haven't seen or felt in any other horror game for years. And I use the term "horror" lightly given how easy it is to just tack onto something then add blood and gore and say oh look how scary it is without actually making the player feel any sort of actual tension.

So jump scares yes but what leads up to them can really get someone even if they are used to them given how you will have to concentrate on where the animotronics are or could be.

i bet amber is only talking about the japanese or japanese-esque horror games that just have some kawaii desu girl in a "terrifying situation as you guide her through instant death traps crap you wouldn't know about at all until it kills you so spooky

When everyone here in this topic agree that this game is not scary at all, you take your time and say it's the most scary thing you have played for years. That's great. I would love to know more about your bed time story. I bet it's wonderful and terrifying since you seem to be the type of people who get scared by his own shadow. There is no atmosphere at all in the game unless you count "everything is so dark" as one. You have poorly draw backgrounds and the lame ass soundtracks and what gonna get you are not even scary. I would love to know where did you get sense of dread from this stupid game.

And not like you, I dont use the term "scary" lightly because and none of the so-called "scary" games are scary at all. Just paint everything black and call it "scary" is lame. And the most important part? We have cute teddy bears jump to our face if we fail. How cute! Game over in this game is like the funny you can expect from a horror game. And I dont use the word "scary" because it's not scary at all, mind you.

And as I said, it takes 30 seconds for you to figure out the gameplay. And what lead to the "jump scare" is even easier to handle than the mini-text games in Space Ranger, minus the random part. The random part does increase the replay value a lot. But it's also what killed the game. You get use to the game-over part by playing it again and again in 1 hour and then you start laughing every time that teddy bear gets you. And you keep saying about the teddy bears are out there to get you and you dont even know where they are. Now, isnt it cute. As if none of the enemies in the other horror games are not out there to get you. And honestly, do you even know how to play the game? Do you even try to remember the location of the teddy bears? You can guess which one is going to get you for minutes before they jump on your face.

I told you, if all you've played for years are this game and Slenderman, then this game is pretty scary for you. I can understand that but I love to know about games in which kawaii girl in a terrifying situation as you guide her through instant death trap since you seem to know more about then I do.

but I do like them because the story is still fairly intriguing to me,

May I ask what make you think the story is intriguing?

Edited by Magical Amber

I like how your rebuttals are just insults towards the person you are addressing whilst making grievous assumptions of said person.

Pray tell what games you've played that are of the horror genre.

I like how your rebuttals are just insults towards the person you are addressing whilst making grievous assumptions of said person.

Pray tell what games you've played that are of the horror genre.

Isnt it ironic when you are the first to throw direct insult? Consider that you think you know more about horror than me with your kawaii girl games, why dont you answer my question first?

May I ask what make you think the story is intriguing?

For starters, taking inspiration from at least one real-life event, namely a murder at Chuck E. Cheese in which four people were shot. However, rather than having the workers shot, it is instead a group of children murdered by a man masquerading as one of the characters.

Two. Scott Cawthon gives us just enough to properly speculate on what exactly goes on during the entire situation the restaurant goes through, such as the "Bite of '87". We know one of the animatronics was the culprit, and we know for a fact that a "yellow suit" was used the day before, if not sometime earlier in the week to commit a series of grisly murders involving some of the children visiting Freddy's, which further soured the reputation of the restaurant. It's nice to find little clues and peace them together. Heck, I like that we got to go through the events leading up to the "Bite of '87" in Freddy's 2. Especially since it made Phone Guy, someone normally so calm and nonchalant, start breaking down and show genuine concern.