New 6 Minute trailer

So you're implying women can't be bulky

Women tend to be less bulky than men in general, for obvious evolutionary reasons.

Look at your average woman versus your average man or even a female bodybuilder versus the male counterpart. Of course, there's always those occasional women that are massive and strong as a bull and remind you of Pilar from For Whom the Bell Tolls.

Anyways, the hair and facial structure imply a woman, although I try not to assume the gender of characters with long blond hair in Fire Emblem games since Lucius was "developed" (pun intended).

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We're not talking about averages here. Does your average woman swing around an axe? No. Do I expect a woman who swings around a goddamn axe to be bulky? YES. She's not even /that/ bulky from the screenshot, like I said to be about Echidna sized. Echidna is a reasonable expectation of size for a female axe mainer. Any smaller and she'd look rail thin.

Point is not the average female is bulky or not. Point is bulky != not female.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Point is not the average female is bulky or not. Point is bulky != not female.

I'm agreeing with you that it's a female. Anyways, she's not even that bulky (as you said), and some of that might be the clothing/armor.

EDIT: Echidna's portrait on the wiki kind of looks like a man to me for some reason. If it wasn't for the breastplate...

Yeah. She definitely shows a lot less skin than say, the SM class, so that could contribute to the apparent bulk as well, since the clothes do not look tight. I can't wait to find out which characters have this class, looks awesome.

Might be the short hair. IDK, I think she's pretty. Then again FE6 art is pretty shitty in general.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

At about 2:50 when the archer promotes, he just uses an item, and promotes straight to a ranger type class with no class select option. Could one character use two different promotion items to facilitate branched promotion? Perhaps the selection is on the bottom screen.

Isn't Tifa's class in FF7 also Monk or something so it's not like chicks can't use it

Was talking about FE, but that doesn't even apply if I wasn't anyway. Tifa's stats were built like a monk, but the name was never used to describe her.

At about 2:50 when the archer promotes, he just uses an item, and promotes straight to a ranger type class with no class select option. Could one character use two different promotion items to facilitate branched promotion? Perhaps the selection is on the bottom screen.

Noticed that too. I figured that they skipped over or didn't show the selection option, as having a different type of item for EVERY SINGLE PROMOTION CHOICE would be insane. I'm still hoping that they do the FE10 promotion system, with a master seal that works for everybody and the option to level to 21 and promote that way.

What pissed me off is they chose the ranger promotion. I already was 99.9% sure that'd be an option, given how potent it was in FE8. What's the other option? Sniper? If so, it better be a more viable choice than it was in FE8. I'm an archer fan, and this is a burning question to me. XD

Here is a compilation of all the text that appeared in the video that wasn't in-game, if anyone is interested:

ファイアーエムブレム
Fire Emblem
5年ぶりの完全新作
Completely new for the first time in 5 years
22年間の集大成
The capstone of 22 years
物語の舞台
The story's setting
2人の主人公
Two heroes
なくした記憶
A lost memory
人ならざる存在屍兵
Corpse soldiers exist (?)
謎の剣士
The mysterious swordsman
隣国の脅威
Threat of neighboring countries
仲間を指揮し、勝利を目指す
Lead your companions to victory
選択
Selection
移動
Move
予想ダメージを確認
Confirm expected damage
戦閾
Battle
仲間を集め、育てる
Gather and develop friends
兵種は40種類以上
More than 40 classes
フリーマップシステム
Free map system
仲間同士の絆を深める
Deepen the bonds of fellowship
デュアルシステム
Dual system
デュアルアタック
Dual attack
デュアルガード
Dual guard
通信要素で広がる世界
Play via online communications
デュアルタッグ
Dual tag
すれちがい通信
Pass each other during online communications
いつの間に通信
When between online communications (?)
追加コンテンツ
Additional content

For the text I didn't quite understand enough to translate, I put a (?) next to my attempt.

Some thoughts:

>Looking at what they give us with this "dual tag" online option, what do you perceive it actually is? It isn't too clear to me.

>That dragon's gate looking thing that we have all been wondering about for a while doesn't appear to have story relevance. I doubt it is a "Dragon's Gate" now.

>What do you think is going on with this "Sel" (セル)kid?

>Dancers 100% confirmed!

>I didn't see the person in from of Krom on the pegasus. :( My night is ruined. lol

DUAL TAG:

Okay, about "dual tag"...

Above the name of the character at the bottom, there is a small red box with white text that says "you".

I think it is safe to assume that "dual tag" is where you and the person you are playing with online chose a character from each of your rosters and use them to dual attack the "enemy" whose information is on the right.

ADDITIONAL CONTENT:

The only options are "play", "quit", and something about maps (kanji wasn't clear enough). Think there will be more?

Edited by Cammy

I wondered if that goth looking black hair girl could possibly be the same woman who did cast the Possible Dark Mage type from the trailer in 2011.

And what are their names for the Blonde Hair person, Brown Haired person, Black Hair girl, Blue Haired Male Archer, the Red Hair Pegasus Knight, and the Dark Haired Female Swordfighter? (I don't how to speak Japanese)

Edited by King Marth 64

I wondered if that goth looking black hair girl from 2:25 could be the woman who did cast the Possible Dark Mage type from the trailer in 2011.

And what are their names for the Blonde Hair Guy/Woman, Brown Haired Person, Black Hair Girl, Blue Haired Male Archer, the Red Hair Pegasus Knight, and the Female Swordfighter? (I don't how to speak Japanese)

Blue Haired Male Archer @2:05- (ヴィオール|Viooru)- Viole?

Blonde Haired Guy/Woman @2:17 -(リペラ|Ripera)- Repella?

Black Hair Girl @2:25- (サーリャ|Saarya)- Saria?

Red Hair Pegasus Knight @3:24- (ティアモ|Tiamo)- Tiamo?

Female Swordfighter @4:39- (サイリ|Sairi)- Sairi?

I wondered if that goth looking black hair girl could possibly be the same woman who did cast the Possible Dark Mage type from the trailer in 2011.

And what are their names for the Blonde Hair person, Brown Haired person, Black Hair girl, Blue Haired Male Archer, the Red Hair Pegasus Knight, and the Dark Haired Female Swordfighter? (I don't how to speak Japanese)

i dont either.i think that you are right about the goth woman. she looks very similar.

Kinda looks like a girly guy, but I'm fine with the idea of a bifauxnen.

His/her line of dialogue doesn't seem particularly masculine (as one would expect of a video game character). But seriously, listen to the VA during the attack animation - there's no way a guy made that grunt.

What pissed me off is they chose the ranger promotion. I already was 99.9% sure that'd be an option, given how potent it was in FE8. What's the other option? Sniper? If so, it better be a more viable choice than it was in FE8. I'm an archer fan, and this is a burning question to me. XD

Sniper must have some huge way to compensate then, because archer -> ranger gets 8 HP, 3 str, and 4 spd, in addition to what is presumably 5 -> 8 mov.

Edited by dondon151