Lord of Azure Flames Tier List

riariadne

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so no one has to keep a tab open for something that happened forever ago.

Average Enemy stats last battle, excluding Bosses and ballista. Numbers in parantheses are rounding based on number of base numbers, or something that sounds right.

HP: 9.5(9) Str: 3.33(3) Spd:4 Skl: 4 Def: 2.5(2) Res: .83 (1) Evd: 4

You know I noticed some here seem to be confused by by the list. And really, I'd say we should split this list into two. One list for combat and one for utility. Seems more efficient for some.

Yes, the on thing LoAF needs is more tier lists.

• 1 month later...

Ok I figure that if we're going to tier characters, we might as well do it based on statistics rather than a theoretical form of usefulness and mix it in with combat (which frankly, makes it sort of garbled). So yeah. Combat tier list.

Tessa

Morgan

Damian

Aiya

Irina

High

Arrin

Iso

Derek

Kelas

Helios

Upper Mid

Luc

Alex

Heinz

Viveka?

Beau

Charlotte

Conrad

Chase

Esphyr

Low Mid

Alferis

Reika

Pary

Tristan

Tas

Now regarding positioning:

Morgan's: Delicious combat. Simply put, Morgan's got it set. She hits resistance for very high damage while possessing some evasive capabilities. Her durability problems are pretty much gone. Miracle and 12 HP with 4 defense plus her high resistance means she rarely has to worry about dying. And Luna. Plus her supports really bolster her weaker spots, so Morgan's pretty handy.

Damain made it to top because he's a buffer and a good fighter. His supports mean he has no weak spots, having good avoid and being pretty tanky and strong. No problems there.

Arrin is above Iso because his supports are more useful. He has good evade and he has Miracle, so he surpasses durability over Iso. I guess Iso is a little stronger and all though but eh.

Irina's pretty tanky and has good supports. Her problem? She's just inferior to Aiya. In next to everything. Yeah that's all I have.

Viveka. Her damage is equal to around Heinz and Reika's levels. She's good at killing mages, but so is Tristan and he has durability. She's inferior to most in durability and her dodging isn't as reliable as Reika's. So yeah.

Feel free to comment. I probably screwed up somewhere.

Edited by Dark Sage

Why is Charlotte so high? Her only support, IE: Eric, has left. She has a nerf on Light, and if it's because she's a healer then Pary needs to go higher too. He has Barrier. She can just heal.

Also lol Beau above Pary. 6 HP, I don't think so. His defense is just as bad. And yeah, Miracle. But when someone can double you and kill you in one shot, Miracle doesn't help so much.

yeah, pary tried to poison alf a couple of times and refused to heal dani and a bunch of other people

speaking of dani, she dead yet what ever happened to her?

Edited by Soma Cruz

Why is Charlotte so high? Her only support, IE: Eric, has left. She has a nerf on Light, and if it's because she's a healer then Pary needs to go higher too. He has Barrier. She can just heal.

Also lol Beau above Pary. 6 HP, I don't think so. His defense is just as bad. And yeah, Miracle. But when someone can double you and kill you in one shot, Miracle doesn't help so much.

Beau has 9 HP and 2 DEF which puts him above Pary for Physical durability. He also has the same SPD and AVO as Pary, but with Miracle. Anything that doubles Beau doubles Pary.

I raised Pary a bit, but while this is mostly stats, Pary also has the problem of not doing his job. Simply put, if you're not going to bother doing your job, you're going to drop.

Charlotte has more edges over Pary. She has better avoid, not just base, but also from Pary's Charisma (always affects her due to Pary's selectivity). Not only that but she has Full Tilt. So Charlotte can dodge more stuff coming her way then Pary can. Pary does have an edge on taking hits, but only in magic. Otherwise, he's simply inferior.

In addition, Pary's Barrier staff is not that great either. It's an edge he does have over the other healers, but most of the people who really need the Barrier, Pary doesn't use on.

Added Alex, but I wasn't sure where to place her. I guess Conrad could take a plunge beneath Chase while Alex can go above him or in Upper Mid but below Chase.

Irina could probably rise a bit yeah.

EDIT: OK. Irina is now top tier.

To elaborate on Pary stuff. Pary first of all doesn't want to heal certain people. Secondly, his barrier staff is most of the time useless. Many of our foes are physical, and Pary's selectiveness means he's only barriering most of the time Viveka. And to be honest, Viveka has lots of resistance and can likely survive more powerful magic blows and possibly dodge them. So instead of using them on people who could use the barrier to survive, and deal more damage than Viveka, he uses it mostly on people who don't really want the barrier all that much.

Statistically, Pary is inferior to the other priests. Beau is just better in durability and hit and has Miracle. Charlotte has Pary's Charisma (always affects Charlotte and Viveka because Pary's selective) plus Full Tilt plus 5 base evade. 1.5 x 4= 6 +1/2 luck= 7 +1= 8 evade. That's pretty sweet evade. She's beating Pary by three and is only a point worse in defense. It's really not that major a win for Pary since Pary is still very bad in durability and I seriously doubt that one point of defense (which is crap too btw) is going to blow out 3 points of evade.

Not to mention, healing is less special. We have Tessa, Charlotte, Beau, and Pary. And all 3 are superior to him. And they're not so selective like he is.

I'm being nice and raising him, possibly to Alf's level (Who beats him in pretty much everything statistically and has Hawekeye and Counter for dispatching trickier enemies) but I doubt he's getting any higher.

And yeah, I'm probably exaggerating his selectiveness, but Healing everyone>Healing all but two people. And Barrier means next to zilch.

Edited by Red Magister

The utility and stuff tier list on page 1 is now updated and stuff.

4 people are still unranked because I was MIA and can't figure out where to put them. All I know is that Beau will be higher than Pary.... actually the other 3 will be too.

• 2 weeks later...

Oops. Added him back in.

Since Esphyr's coming back, she got put back on the list and Alf and Damian got boosted positions on the list. Damian now gets extra attack and evade while Alf possesses 7 MT if all supports are active. Even without them, he's still about equal to how Derek was unpromoted, so he's good to go.