Hello hello hello

Since the ad campaign along with how much tumblr talked about it pushed me to get my very first fire emblem game, I'm a newbie to the series starting this year and thought I'd stick my head in here! And since when I get into games with mechanics like these, it's great to have another informed opinion. I borrowed awakening from a friend and I've clocked so many hours into my files (revelation especially) that it's easily becoming one of my 'main favourite' series.

In short, even if I haven't gotten to the 'higher difficulty' tier I"m having fun with them! And I hope to have fun here talking about them! Hello again!

Yo~!

If you feel adventurous, try out the other games! Some of them are available via VC. There's things that'll feel different, but Fire Emblem is the same core game at heart - weigh your odds, plan your strategy, and hope and pray Anna has mercy on your units.

Anyway, don't forget to read the rules and all~!

Hey there, Marsandjupiterspring!

Don't feel obligated to play on higher difficulties, your experience is yours and yours alone, just do what seems comfortable to you.

Welcome. I'd recommend playing on Normal, if you're new to the series. I've been playing for over a decade, and I still start a new game on Normal, before going for Lunatic on my second playthrough.

Welcome to the series and the forums!

I would recommend going Normal for a first few runs and if you want to go back for a challenge, then up the difficulty.

I feel like the game is a bit more enjoyable when its challenging, but the challenge isn't really necessary for everyone. Play what you love. Its your life, live it.