"Gently Caress Bloodpacts!" Lets Play Radiant Dawn

Onmi

Yeah, calling someone a fuckface is great constructive criticism. I mean Anouleth is basically doing nothing different than that right, I should treat both situations the same.

Pretty much, yeah. Not their fault he can't handle big-boy words.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, calling someone a fuckface is great constructive criticism. I mean Anouleth is basically doing nothing different than that right, I should treat both situations the same.

It's not that good, I got here too early. Sorry :P:.

Internet arguments are always great. You get these wonderful analogies and insults of varying levels of subtlety. It's poetry in motion

also DS is insisting I sing to you, do you have any preferences

Oh, for the love of... Is there really any need to fling juvenile insults at each other? Of course not. Anouleth hasn't done anything wrong by my reckoning. If you enjoy Onmi's work here, that's fine, but don't go flinging dumb insults at someone who criticizes what he does.

I suggest you all just forget about this silly incident get this thread back on track. I don't want to see another report coming from this thread.

rfee01146.png

What. What. WHAT! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? DID YOU SERIOUSLY JUST CROSS THAT LINE RADIANT DAWN? DID YOU SERIOUSLY JUST TRY TO SAY THAT ASHNARD IS ALMOST PREFERABLE TO BEGNION? DID YOU FOR A SECOND SUGGEST THAT ASHNARD DIDN'T TRY TO DESTROY CRIMEA AS A COUNTRY? SERIOUSLY? THAT JUST FUCKING HAPPENED? BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! A GIANT CROCK OF FUCKING BULLSHIT! WE NOT ONLY SAW CIVILIANS DRAGGED OFF TO WORK CAMPS TO BE BROKEN DOWN AND WORKED TO DEATH, BUT DAEIN SOLDIERS SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED THAT THEY WENT AROUND TO TOWNS, UNDER ORDERS, TO BREAK THE PEOPLE, EVEN THOUGH ASHNARD HAS CONTROL OF THE COUNTRY. ASHNARD WAS A MURDEROUS INSANE BASTARD WHO DIDN'T JUST TRY TO BREAK CRIMEA, BUT ALL NATIONS, WHO WANTED TO EXTERMINATE ANYONE WHO WAS WEAKER THAN HE WAS, OBSESSED SO MUCH WITH HIS DARWIN BELIEFS THAT IT DIDN'T ACCOUNT FOR THE PEOPLE! FUCK YOU JORGE YOU FUCKING WORTHLESS WASTE OF SPACE! HOW FUCKING DARE YOU THINK YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH THAT BULLSHIT?! BEGNION IS TREATING DAEIN AS A BUNCH OF SLAVES, I DO NOT DENY THIS, BUT TO TRY AND SAY THEY ARE WORSE THAN ASHNARD OR THAT HE NEVER TRIED TO DESTROY CRIMEA, OR INDEED ALL OF TELLIUS PEOPLE AND WHOLE, IS JUST SO FUCKING WRONG. NO GAME! NO YOU DO NOT GET TO PULL THAT SHIT!

FUCK YOU!

okay yeah i'm done.

Best. Rant. Ever. laugh.gif

I just removed four posts from this thread. Some people don't seem to realize the phrase "get this topic back on track" means don't make any further useless or off topic posts. Please people, no more petty insults, no more pointless drivel. I'm one step away from closing this.

Chapter 1-4: Praise Anna!

[spoiler=Pre Battle]

rfee01159.png

... What that's it? You're just going to drop me in the base right away? Ok, not going to argue with that. Let's fiddle around before our next battle

We sell of some used herbs, the door key and a vulnerary. and pick up a Hand-Axe for Nolan, a Javelin for Aran and a Mend for Laura. We also finally trade Leo the steel bow I forgot to give him all last mission. Edward also sells his 18 use Iron Sword and picks up a new one.

BEXP Time! Micaiah, Leo, Edward, Nolan and Laura are all brought up to 99 EXP, and Alan gets the remainder. He also gets discipline for the map.

rfee01160.png

Nolan + Edward C Support is the only support we have. I could have made 2 supports because both Leo and Laura support with Nolan and Edward, but not each other. but hey I've screwed myself over in the past. I feel like I should drop a massive complaint about the support system and no conversations but... well we all know the complaint, Hands up who was honestly satisfied with what we got? No one. I mean the system is fine, but no support conversations? seriously? Also I'll be capping all Derpy combinations we run into during this LP. Am I missing something here...

rfee01161.png

Oh right got the info conversations, Kurth seems to want to speak so lets see whats up.

rfee01162.png

Kurths just been hanging on the fringe edge of town and thinking, he finds the desert mesmerizing and when Micaiah asks why, he states that he's never left his home before, so he's never seen anything outside of it.

rfee01164.png

He asks why Micaiah hasn't asked him anything about himself, who he is or where he's from, no one has asked about who he is. Micaiah says that he obviously doesn't want to talk about himself, and that many of them desire privacy, she's of course referring to her own situation with the brand because I'm not sure Nolan/Edward/Leonardo have enough character to have something to hide.

rfee01167.png

Overall I like that info conversation,Next up is Merchants which isn't worth a screenshot

MERCHANTS SUMMARIZED: Aimee's the Item shop, Muston's the weapon shop, Aimee sells bargain items.

Then we have More Merchants with the wonder twins and

MORE MERCHANTS SUMMARIZED: Jorge buys our shit, Selling him weapons unlocks new tiers of weapons for Daniels Forge

We still have one more conversation Though, in town.

rfee01179.png

Micaiah can tell someones following them, this isn't her empathy (Micaiah Power Count is at 3 by the by) but just that the person following them is absolutely terrible in every conceivable way. Her and Sothe notice that she isn't hostile

rfee01180.png

Oh don't worry, I don't think she could conceivably harm anyone Micaiah. Regardless having a Rogue and an Empath around makes catching her very easy. Then again having a sharp stick and a ball of Yarn would make her easy to catch.

rfee01181.png

Gah! a hideous she-demon!

Everyone give a round of applause to Meg, She's a Sword Armor who's specced like a Myrmidon coming at level 3, which is 1 level above Laura, who can only level up through Healplz. Micaiah introduces herself and Sothe, and Sothe has to remind her that they are still ON THE RUN. Much like the Laura situation however Micaiah's pretty firm on the whole "Meh, she's cool". Then again as previously stated, Meg couldn't hurt a fly. Anyway she's out here searching for her husband to be.

rfee01185.png

Lady, if a man is escaping into the DESERT to not be with you, I think you're officially a stalker. Also you don't have nearly enough fur to excite your husband-to-be.

rfee01186.png

Micaiah isn't asking her along because he thinks they can help one another mind you. She just finds it funny to see a fat girl get mauled. Anyway we've recruited Meg to our team and I can just predict you guys making me bring her along once unit choices become available.

[spoiler=Battle]

rfee01189.png

Ah, she's come down from her high then and the auditory hallucinations are settling in. Anyway Nolan warns the rest of the Dawn Brigade To be on guard, apparently our newest recruit is being hazed by Laura and Aran so I can't just throw he into every conceivable possible trap and see if it springs.

rfee01191.png

Sothe figures the ruins were made by the Laguz and then proceeds to explain what the Laguz are. If he was being used in this chapter we still wouldn't have brought him the Beast Killer dagger that was on sale, since he can ORKO Tigers quite easily, Oh yes. We're fighting laguz this chapter.

rfee01196.png

Apparently Sothe was a racist against Laguz, this is news to me because Sothe never once mentions the word Sub-Human during Path of Radiance. It's not that this so much annoys me as I am left wondering something else. Why do Edward, Nolan and Leonardo apparently feel nothing about Laguz. During their supports (LOLSUPPORT SYSTEM) they react no differently to the Laguz, even when Muarim and Vika show up they don't change their attitudes or have a talk conversation. They are all native Daeins, and Jill explains that children were taught to hate and despise the Laguz, and to even hunt them periodically. I realize that asking about character background in Radiant Dawn is akin to honestly believing in Santa Claus, but after Jill, Shinon and Soren, you think they would have included a single talk topic.

Meh.

Anyway, Sothe mentions that he got over it thanks to Ike's influence which upsets Micaiah because it's related to Ike.

rfee01199.png

There are Mutually exclusive things now? Well I guess Ike is kind of a dunce but he's pretty funny when he wants to be... in Path of Radiance that is, but we're still a ways off from Part 3. One group of meat shields at a time. Micaiah goes on to list that she knows Ike was a good <Insert something here> to Ike, but to her he's the enemy. Because he's the one who let it be possible for Begnions occupation. I understand these feelings, though it is funny seeing Micaiah get her panties in a twist whenever Sothe brings him up.

Regardless Micaiah senses something up ahead and she walks ahead to find...

rfee01203.png

Fucking Jackpot. Sothe wonders if Micaiah wasn't being guided so they can go and grab a shittonne of treasure when we're interrupted by a voice.

rfee01206.png

Hey look it's Maggie and Rose I mean Jasmine and Paul PAIN AND AGONY... wait seriously? that's what we're going with? Anyway Sothe realizes we're fighting walking mounds of EXP and tells Micaiah to give the signal

rfee01207.png

She raises her hand, does that light flash from the opening cinema and...

rfee01208.png

HOW DID WE WIND UP FUCKING SURROUNDED?! Also how does a flash of light serve as an effective signal under ground unless it's meant to emit a large sound? anyway it's time to deploy and kickass. Here's our lineup.

rfee01209.png

rfee01210.png

TURN 1.

First things first we'll send Ilyana to the south to weaken that Tiger with Thunder, and Aran follows after to clean up the kill

rfee01212.png

Leo snipes through the wall at another tiger with his new fangled bow for yet another level.

rfee01214.png

Feeling blessed Leo? either way Nolan spots a cat and charges down axe in hand.

rfee01215.png

Pretty Res blessed there Nolan? anyway after a few actions here's the formation on Turn-1.

rfee01216.png

I was trying to get the Coin pick-up through luck and not have Sothe delayed, unfortunately I wasn't lucking out and it wound up costing me more turns, I didn't reset because... well... Praise Anna!

TURN 2.

Ilyana zaps yet another Tiger and manages to level herself up, So shall we praise Anna again?

rfee01217.png

Ilyana!

Damn it woman! Well thankfully that's the only shitty level we get this run. Except for that time Micaiah got the exact same level THAT NEVER HAPPENED!

rfee01218.png

Meg comes up and finishes off the Tiger, no level but we do give her a mild round of applause for not dying to a stiff breeze. Leo keeps sniping the Tiger for easy experience and it's time for this chapters MVP to make his appearance.

rfee01220.png

Edward hits twice with the Wind Edge and gets a damn good level, this is a common occurrence through the map to the point that even his 'Bad' Levels make him more of a killing machine .Laura comes in to heal the HP Growth difference and-

rfee01221.png

Hot damn woman you can level. On the Enemy Phase the Tiger attacks Edward and Edward wrecks his shit with a Wrath Powered Critical

rfee01222.png

Turn 3.

rfee01223.png

Ilyana moves to the right and weakens a third tiger for the chapter, meg then moves down and slices it to pieces allowing Aran to move in and kill the Cat for a level.

rfee01238.png

PRAISE ANNA! and have you spotted our conundrum? Edward can't kill the Tiger without eating the counter, if he eats the counter he dies so we need to weaken the tiger while healing Edward. So how do we go about doing this?

rfee01228.png

Step 1. Micaiah Pushes Edward, with him out of the way, Leonardo is free to weaken the Tiger.

rfee01232.png

Step 2. Leonardo chips the Tiger. With that, Edward can ORKO, but he still needs the HP to face the next turn.

rfee01233.png

Step 3. Laura heals Edward. This way if there are anymore enemies with bright ideas to attack the MVP, He'll be able to survive the attack and counter. Which of course leaves us with one last step

rfee01234.png

rfee01235.png

Step 4. Edward kills the Tiger. and invalidates all my careful planning by critting anyway.

rfee01239.png

Edward then has to heave his massive balls over to fight Agony, who just noticed that Edwards been killing all his guys, Edward dodges his attack anyway (again, invalidating all my planning) and decides it's time to level up again.

rfee01241.png

Anna, the goddess of RNG, smiles upon me.

TURN 4.

On Turn 4 Edward attacks Agony again and eats the counter hit, and we wind up having to play another shoving game. Leonardo snipes at Agony, putting him in the kill zone, Micaiah shoves Leo out of the way so Laura can move in and heals Edward.

rfee01242.png

Everyone else simply moved towards their respective spots, That choke point to the right went to Aran, and Sothe moved along the left as I hoped to pick up Beastfoe early. Lets just say I kinda screwed myself in getting the 10 Turn count and all the treasure because of this and something else.

On the enemy phase, Agony goes for Edward and-

rfee01243.png

rfee01244.png

-Gets his shit absolutely wrecked. That's one boss down, and you may have realized why I failed to hit the turn count. I only attacked transformed Laguz unless I wouldn't kill them. needless to say I was ALWAYS ORKOing the untransformed Laguz. Unfortunatly EXP meant more than BEXP and Laguz are a damn fine source.

Turn 6.

Micaiah takes over Leonardo's old sniping hole and Thani's a Tiger, this is her first action in the stage to EARN EXPERIENCE to my surprise (and considering she's one of the lower leveled characters I'm not sure why)

rfee01245.png

Eh, it's decen, I've kind of been spoiled by Anna to really appreciate it.

rfee01246.png

Leo snipe-kills a Tiger for a level to put Micaiah to shame, and then it's Edwards turn to bat with a different one.

rfee01247.png

An average level that makes him more dodgy and critty, I find it hard to complain. Also you may have noticed that Nolan isn't anywhere near Edward despite the fact that I supported them together, clearly I'm a brain trust!

rfee01249.png

Here's the map on Turn 6, Nolan was trying to find a coin but failed, Sothe's path got cut off so he doubled back and just grabbed the coin, and was heading for the Master Crown. Aran is tanking a cat like a boss so he decides to Javelin Pain and see the results.

rfee01250.png

rfee01251.png

The results kick ass and we Praise Anna again.

Turn 7.

rfee01252.png

Nolan moves close to Edward to FINALLY begin benefiting from their support, and various characters are moved around, Sothe aims for more treasure, and Leonardo remembers "Oh shit! I have the Chest Keys still and heads off with him, Megs there to... Meg at things? On the enemy phase we get reinforcements and a Cat tries to step up to Edward the Laguz Slayer.

rfee01253.png

She just makes him MORE deadly! Pain however moves in on Aran and he's not... quite up to snuff of taking a Tiger Boss yet. The tiger from the south moves to engage Nolan, but he handles it like an expert.

Turn 8.

Nolan finishes his Tiger and gets healed by Laura, Edward moves north east hoping to secure the treasure chest (with his non-existant treasure keys) and nothing much else happens besides Aran necking a Vulnerary to survive pains next onslaught. Micaiah Also Thani's Pain (?)

I'm a little confused, my screenshots show Micaiah able to move with Pains death on Turn 9, which means she must have Thani'ed on Turn 8, but why didn't I just kill Pain then? probably didn't want to risk it or I already had Aran neck the Vulnerary.

And we've hit the image limit so see you all in part 2

Edited by Onmi

[spoiler=Battle continued]

Turn 9-11. The reason for the name 9-11 is I've lost track of where we are in the screens until turn 12, I'm missing quite a few actions

Nolan and Edward get their Derps on

rfee01257.png

And Sothe grabs the Northern Chest in no way making it to the Seraph Robe in time for the Turn limit. Aran's had enough of the bosses shit and rams an Iron Lance through... it's throat.

rfee01258.png

rfee01259.png

Perfectly serviceable level. Micaiah, uses Sacrifice to make Aran more hardy, And everyone else just moves. On the enemy Phase another Tiger goes after Aran and suffers a hit.

rfee01262.png

Micaiah Thani's the Tiger for a kickass level, Meg turns her attention to the Cat near her and Leonardo and decides to attempt to earn favor by attempting to kill it.

rfee01263.png

Praise Anna Meg, it dies by the way and Leo caps it between the eyes

Turn 12-15.

God wow was that a confusing (kinda) rush, this is the end of Turn 12 though

rfee01264.png

Well Can anyone see the problem here? On one side we have Sothe, the only one who can open chests, and standing in his was is an untransformed cat, and due to my neverending intelligence, I decide to focus fire and kill the transformed cat first.

This leads to 2 turns of Edward baiting the cat without a weapon, all so it would get out of the way. and now on Turn 15

rfee01266.png

This would be particularly cute until you remember that Micaiah will say this to anyone, even someone she met in 4-E-1. Then you realize why it's so derp. Anouleth pointed out correctly that this is actually a Semi-Unique support response from Micaiah.

Sothe grabs the robe, Nolan kills the cat and gets the final level up of the map

rfee01267.png

Praise Anna, our RNG Goddess, for she has seen fit to bestow upon me POWER.

[spoiler=Post Battle]

rfee01268.png

With the battle now over, Micaiah calls out to her damn bird, and makes Meg question whether or not she's gone insane for talking to an animal.

rfee01269.png

Yeah Sothe's just jealous, maybe he'll go talk about that jealousy with Ike. you know for a 23 (minimum) year old you're kind of a bitch Micaiah. (20 years from PoR is the Serenes Massacre, That's when Micaiah disappeared, But that means there was 10 years without an Apostle on the throne since Sanaki is 10 in Path of Radiance, Look, Radiant Dawn isn't too hot on the whole 'Time' thing, but this means Micaiah had to have been a new born during the Massacre, and only 15 or so when she found Sothe, but it does potentially put my original Guesstimate of 30-40 kind of off, depending on how old she was during the event. If she was 10 she would be 33 now)

Anyway Micaiah hears singing and follows it with Sothe in close proximity, I guess the rest of the dawn brigade broke out a deck of cards and smokes while those two ran on ahead.

rfee01272.png

rfee01273.png

They find a Heron, Rafiel, and two Wolf Laguz, Volug and Tits McGee Naliah.

rfee01275.png

Micaiah again lacks any sort of danger sense (Okay she has auto-empathy I'm making a joke) and immediately calls out too the two wolves and birdman after having fought her way through a bunch of tigers and cats.

rfee01277.png

No, She may be an Empath Seer Healer but she draws the line at Telepath, dirty telepaths. Sothe correctly identifies the Laguz and asks if Rafiel is related to Reyson, when Rafiel shows confusion over the implication his brother is alive, Sothe tells him that last he checked so was Leanne and the king. Rafiel breaks down into tears of joy over the knowledge, since he figured he was all that remained.

rfee01283.png

Naliah introduces herself and Volug, since Volus can't actually speak the Tellius language, She calls herself queen of the Hatari and when asked what the hell a Hatari is, she says it's a country across the Desert of Death. I'm going to stop here for a second and say I have no problems with the Wolf Laguz.

On first pass, they feel like a cop out "Oh shit we kinda showed everywhere in Tellius and we have no place for Wolf Laguz... here's an entire colony across the desert of death" But it actually explains a plot hole in Path of Radiance. See we know the Fire Emblem will release Yune if the entire world is at war, and we have everyone in that final battle, Dragons, Lions, Tigers, Cats, Crows, Hawks, Heron, Crimeans, Daeins, Begnions, everyone. all nations represented, and despite the fact that it was a large enough battle that it required 3 other field commanders not including Ike's strike force, it's not like the Size of the war was lost in scale. And yet... nothing? Did the battle end to quickly? did not enough people die? The simplest explanation is that someone wasn't present.

Did it not count the dragons? no, because Kurth said he wasn't doing what he was as a Goldoan when he entered battle, but the Medallion didn't care, So Nasir and the Feral One dragons still count. It's the Wolves, The simplest explanation is they weren't in the battle, and so the seal never broke and would never have broken that way. The war lasts an entire year by the way, before someone wonders if 'Time' is a factor.

The Hatari explain away that plot hole nicely, In fact this entire sequence and chapter have been pretty damn good all around. This is certainly not 1-2's level of mind fuck. If there's one criticism I have to level at the chapter it's that it's kind of filler and could have been skipped. But that's a very minor complaint.

Anyway back to the cutscene

rfee01285.png

So yeah as I mentioned, Naliah and the Hatari didn't know anyone existed beyond the Desert of Death, until they found Rafiel. Naliah eventually asks Rafiel to control himself

rfee01290.png

Sothe says that it's too dangerous for the Laguz to travel Daeins countryside, of course when we see Naliah's stats the only 'Danger' would be Rafiel moving to slow, and Naliah killing half the country, He says they can escort them to Crimea which would let them meet with the man who can get them to Gallia, Ike.

rfee01293.png

rfee01295.png

What was that about jealousy Micaiah? I can't hear you over the sound of your hissy fit.

rfee01296.png

Bah, Terrible, still Anna saw fit to bestow awesome level ups so I can't complain. See you all next time in 1-5

Edited by Onmi

Micaiah's reaction to Ike is really quite cute... sort of.

She didn't quite said you wrote. She didn't say he was a good person but that she can see why he is important to Sothe.

And she didn't said she considers him her enemy but that "some people" would consider him their "Archenemy".

If her harsh reaction is anything to go by she obviously shares that attitude but doesn't want to bump her heads with Sothe to directly over it.

Heck she puts the "hero" in quotation marks.

With Sothe being the only person she ever was close too, it's understandable that she is jealous. "Go marry Ike, Sothe. I've got a bird."

It doesn't matter how old she is. She simply has no experience with these things, hence her immature behavior.

But I think for the most part it's just that she adapted the attitude of the Daein when they helped her out. Ike?

Empathy can be a bitch sometimes.

Btw, in her boss battle with Ike in 3-13 she says that she can finally understand why Sothe sees him the way he does.

It's such a shame that important character development is restricted to boss-convos that are ridiculously hard to get.

Edited by BrightBow

Pretty much, yeah. Not their fault he can't handle big-boy words.

+1000 boners

This would be particularly cute until you remember that Micaiah will say this to anyone, even someone she met in 4-E-1. Then you realize why it's so derp.

Actually, she'll only say that to Sothe. While some of the support conversations, many even, are generic, some characters have special lines for certain people. Oliver gets a lot, and obviously you have the pairs like Ike/Soren or Boyd/Mist or Ranulf/Kysha who get special lines.

Obviously not as good as real support conversations, but it's not totally "one size fits all". And Oliver's conversations almost make up for it!

"Duke, it's like you've never held a tome before. Seriously...where did you learn to fight? Just...let me handle this."

But that means there was 10 years without an Apostle on the throne since Sanaki is 10 in Path of Radiance

They might have put Sanaki's mother on the throne. It's implied that the Brand "skipped" a generation in between Misaha and Micaiah, but the Senators put a puppet Apostle on the throne with Sanaki... so they could have done with Sanaki's mother, too.

They might have put Sanaki's mother on the throne. It's implied that the Brand "skipped" a generation in between Misaha and Micaiah, but the Senators put a puppet Apostle on the throne with Sanaki... so they could have done with Sanaki's mother, too.

Actually, I always suspected that Misaha had a SON and not a daughter, and therefore the son couldn't be an apostle. It's been a while since I've played RD, but from my memory ... "Begnion went on 15 long years without an apostle." The people don't know that their empresses up to Misaha were actually Branded. The senators put Sanaki, who may or may not have the brand, on the throne. I don't think being "Branded" has anything to do with becoming the empress. I'm almost certain that the reason Begnion went on without an Apostle for so long after Misaha's death was because Misaha had a son, who couldn't become the Apostle or the empress, and Sanaki's mother was not related to Misaha. And so, there was no Apostle until Sanaki was crowned.

Edited by Jihyun

Actually, I always suspected that Misaha had a SON and not a daughter, and therefore the son couldn't be an apostle.

That's a possibility. It's never specified that it has to be Altina's matrilineal descendant; but if any descendant would do, wouldn't there be more than just Sanaki and Micaiah? After all, Altina was around 800 years previously; she must have thousands of direct descendants by the events of Radiant Dawn.

It's been a while since I've played RD, but from my memory ... "Begnion went on 15 long years without an apostle." The people don't know that their empresses up to Misaha were actually Branded. The senators put Sanaki, who may or may not have the brand, on the throne. I don't think being "Branded" has anything to do with becoming the empress.

Well, that's why I said they could have put Sanaki's mother on the throne even though she lacked the brand... but I suppose that line screws that up.

That's a possibility. It's never specified that it has to be Altina's matrilineal descendant; but if any descendant would do, wouldn't there be more than just Sanaki and Micaiah? After all, Altina was around 800 years previously; she must have thousands of direct descendants by the events of Radiant Dawn.

I can't recall exactly where, but I do believe there was a line in either PoR or RD about "the unbroken line of Altina's descendants". The "unbroken" part kind of implies to me that the empresses/Apostles of Begnion were the first daughter of the first daughter of the first direct descendant of Altina. :/: It's not all that clear, I'll admit, which is one thing that drove me crazy about RD (and PoR).

PRAISE ANNA! No but really Onmi, how many children did you sacrifice for those levels?

Also, I'm glad other people have come to the conclusion about the Wolves actually being needed in order for Ashera to wake up. It somewhat begs another question as well, did ANYBODY know about the existence of the Wolf Tribe aside from Dheginsia? If not then Nasir really dropped the ball in PoR considering I think he knew that the Ashera might wake up, not sure about that though.

1-5 is all capped up and being written. Again the RNG goddess saw fit to bless me.

Resets: 1 (Micaiah was out in the open of a Myrmidon

Leonardo has insane Strength blessing (+4). I'll have the update up when it's up.

And to reiterate from the first post, if there's a suggestion you have with the presentation of the updates, let me know. Nothing will improve if you don't say anything, and I would rather be given actual feedback on the updates.

PRAISE ANNA! No but really Onmi, how many children did you sacrifice for those levels?

Also, I'm glad other people have come to the conclusion about the Wolves actually being needed in order for Ashera to wake up. It somewhat begs another question as well, did ANYBODY know about the existence of the Wolf Tribe aside from Dheginsia? If not then Nasir really dropped the ball in PoR considering I think he knew that the Ashera might wake up, not sure about that though.

I don't know about the wolf tribe being needed. In 3-E, most countries on Tellius are represented:

-Skrimir represents Gallia

-Tibarn represents Phoenicis

-Ike represents Crimea

-Sigrun (she's forced iirc) represents Begnion

-Daein represents Daein

-Rafiel represents Serenes

-Kurth represents Goldoa

-Nailah represents Hatary

However, there is one notable omission; Kilvas. Neither Vika, nor Nealuchi nor Naesala can even be deployed in this map. Naesala is around, but he doesn't take part in the fighting, he talks to Sanaki instead. It seems like such a weird omission to make, especially when so much effort was put into making sure all the other nations were represented!

Chapter 1-5: A serious lack of sanity

[spoiler=Pre Battle]The history of Tellius is a history of Warfare, or so the troubadours sing.

Really? I was unaware the mounted healers were so into singing. That bitch Clarines been holding out on me hasn't she?

rfee01297.png

The beorc fight with the weapons of man--the sword, the axe, the lance, and the magic arts, while the laguz, able to transform into beast, bird, and dragon, are weapons unto themselves.

rfee01298.png

The heron prince Rafiel, the wolf queen of Hatary, Naliah, and her vassal, Volug.

rfee01299.png

A sign of what? that Micaiah is going to meet with Laguz? then shit yeah. A sign of anything else? highly doubtful, stop being cryptic when there's no reason to be stupid narrator.

rfee01300.png

Apparently since 1-4 we've been dicking about in the middle of bumfuck, nowhere and then Micaiah remembers that we came out here for a reason

rfee01302.png

Either way Micaiah starts spamming her Empathy powers hoping to get a read on... well anything at this point, they gave up trying to eat Meg because she tastes of old socks and grease. She knows we'll find it in the desert though, Thanks Micaiah, I couldn't have figured that out without you.

And before you ask, her 'Empathy' powers, which she is using here. Are not the same as Farsight.

Supports:

rfee01305.png

Leo and Laura support for the chapter, The attack, defense, evade and hit boosts are all useful for Leonardo, And Laura's usually in range of his group to benefit.

Shops:

rfee01306.png

We sell pretty much all our healing items in order to afford the Spirit Dust, then when I realize we get an Info Conversation for 10,000 Gold, we end up buying the Iron Longbow and Wind Edge. We also sell Edwards old Iron Sword and buy him a new one, and buy Laura a new 'Heal' staff since her old one is pretty banged up.

Info Conversations:

Naliah needs us for something.

rfee01308.png

Naliah is worried about us heading off into the desert on our lonesome, after all Micaiah is still going to be ORKOed by anything that isn't a mage in that game, so she's definitly in need of a meat shield. Micaiah tries to shoot it down for... some unspoken reason, probably because while she's a deluded patriot who has her head so far up Daeins ass that she's constantly eating whatever shit fed to her, she still realizes "They are kind of racist pricks, even after the whole 3 years of being treated like dirt."

rfee01311.png

So Naliah not to be deterred, agrees to Volugs suggestion to halfshift and accompany us in his Wolf form and thus reduces his value until part 3 for me. It's not that I've got something against using Volug when it's required (especially the coming map when I realized too late he could have gotten a few kills) but Half-Shift is about 20x more useful when I can control it.

The problem is by the time the LEA join us, the whole halfshift thing doesn't mean anything, hell Begnion sees right through it. So Daein is a country apparently inhabited by idiot racists. So rednecks, hi-oh!

rfee01313.png

Anyway Micaiah gets her inner-bitch on and wonders how Naliah can call Volug a Dog. I guess she's technically correct it would be 'Canis lupus' but that's just wordy, regardless Naliah agrees that Volug isn't anywhere near as obedient, clearly missing the point and we get Volug into our army.

You know we may have recruited Aran and Laura but we should probably let them know what we are... wait what are we? revolutionaries? we're doing a terrible job if we are.

rfee01315.png

Wait hold the fuck up we traveled from the middle of bumfuck, nowhere (Forest Edition) to the middle of bumfuck, nowhere (Desert Edition) and you didn't bother to find out anything about EITHER of them? Hell we fought along side each other just one map ago, did anyone feel like this info conversation was relegated a chapter after when it should have been?

Ugh, anyway, Micaiah is just now getting around to finding out things about her allies, she thanks Aran for making it so they could escape in the first place, and she says he just couldn't stand by any longer when he saw Laura, He asks her what's become of Daein, since most of the clergy has been excommunicated and sent to priso- really? I mean... we're honestly doing this? so evil that even serving the same Goddess they fuck over their own churches? The kid-killing, rapist, oppressors weren't evil enough? This is another on the pile of "This is just cartoonish" I mean I expect to be told they kicked a puppy next, they needed more negative traits? How about sexist? smelly feet? child molesters? At this point Begnion will invent the railroad simply so they can tie Micaiah to it, all the while twirling their newly grown Snidely Whiplash mustaches, yes even the ones who already HAVE Mustaches. Or should we just drop pretense and outright call them Nazi's?

I'm sorry got way off subject there. Anyway, Aran asks if her clergy has been thrown into the camps yet but Laura says it's okay because their too small to notice, and somewhere far away, the abbot is breathing his last because he never got his medicine.

rfee01320.png

What?

rfee01321.png

I reiterate in agreement with Aran, What?

rfee01322.png

Ah, looking at Laura's eyes explains that, she's stoned off her fucking tits. Anyway Micaiah is confused and Aran just could not give too shits about his stoned out girlfriend right now, they throw her a herb, tell her to get her munchies on and Micaiah is wondering if they really seem like bandits.

I'm wondering that too, have you been holding out on me? we could be raping and pillaging and you're out here in the middle of the desert looking for a plot point?

Oh hey another talk conversation with the Dawn Brigade. Do we learn anything new about them?

rfee01326.png

Haha fuck no! Edwards still a whiny bitch who has no concept of 'realisim'

rfee01327.png

Leonardo is still a punctual serious foil to Edward.

rfee01329.png

rfee01330.png

They still exist as cardboard cutouts with crayons drawn on them.

rfee01331.png

Well Edward lets do the math, you started the game as a Level 4 Myrmidon, and you're level 13 now. So no you've improved 3.25fold, and who are we kidding you can't count.

rfee01332.png

Well you'll be a Swordmaster provided you keep getting voted in. so that's kind of invincible?

rfee01333.png

Wow even Leonardo is tired of your bullshit right now, And with a single Forged Iron sword, 50 uses, even if you crit every hit you would only be able to wipe out 50 Daein troops max. Just saying you'll probably need more than one sword.

rfee01334.png

Can you start having dreams of more character traits than the single ones you two have now? Anyway Leonardo continues on his serious "Be realistic, I'm serious about reclaiming Daein and am doing my part you need to be serious" and then Nolan drops in

rfee01339.png

Nolan actually has two character traits, though one isn't expressed.

Trait 1. Nolans older than the rest of them, so he's the 'Big Brother' figure

Trait 2. Nolan is supposed to be leader of the Dawn Brigade and if you honestly picked this up without checking the Library for information/external sources I give you credit.

He'll actually pick up a minor trait later on, which doesn't really change balls, but is nice to know.

rfee01343r.png

Anyway the 3 amigos here banter back and forth about dreams and restating that we can unite under Ashnards groin-spawn, and if you haven't had enough goofy antics for one info conversation.

rfee01345.png

There's an Age gag, it's essentially the same one Titania and Boyd pulled and Titania and Nolan are both in the 30's brackets. I didn't laugh then, I'm not laughing now.

rfee01348.png

There there Nolan, we'll give you stuff to kill when the mission begins. Anyway we have one last info Conversation so lets sum this up.

rfee01350.png

Bitching.

rfee01351.png

Sure, hey Micaiah? WE'RE FIGHTING A WAR, NOT BUYING A NEW HOUSE! And I could certainly do with more than 10,000.

Regardless those are the info conversations done.

BEXP.

Micaiah, Leonardo, Laura and Aran all get up to 99 EXP IIRC. With that all out of the way it's Go-Time. OHSHI-

Skills.

rfee01353.png

Micaiah takes Discipline for the map, I still haven't removed any skills from anyone. The reason is if you guys try to dick me over by saying "Take Leonardo to the endgame" then with the Double Bow Cancel will FINALLY have a purpose... This is so not worth it is it?

Anyway, with that all out of the way, it's time to begin the map.

[spoiler=Battle]

rfee01354.png

rfee01355.png

Well to answer the question, Volug turns on HIS (Kinda)Bullshit Empathy sensing power and senses a lot of Beorc to the south. I've stopped REALLY calling bullshit on this cause there's plenty of Laguz with powers, Although if I may pose a question, Branded have these similar powers right? So what the fuck did Soren and Stefan get out of it? I could accept that Stefan got "Lions Strength" but Soren doesn't actually seem to have benefited from his brand in any way that makes sense with his heritage. I guess 'Competence' can be considered a super-power though, so lets go with that. Even though of the 3 Black Dragons we see in this game they are Incompetent, Incompetent, and Crazy Senile.

rfee01358.png

Anyway, here we have a familiar man in silver armor fucking up some Begnion troops, I will say something for this sequence, everyone who pops up actually has a reason to be here from their ending in PoR, Which is WAY MORE than I can say for half the characters in Part 2. Even though I don't agree with their justification for one who had perfectly valid reasons to be here.

rfee01359.png

Eventually you will run out of weapons, and they didn't bother to include a 'Capture' system in this game. Otherwise Tauroneo could definitely hold this line all on his own.

rfee01361.png

Jill's here as well, apparently she's regressed from promotion in PoR just like Ilyana. Must have gotten the levels fucked out of her by Rance.

rfee01364.png

Honestly we're questioning this, After the teleportation fuckery Jarod pulled in 1-2? Regardless Micaiah says we have to help them and while technically we don't (seriously we can just sit our asses down and they will handle themselves, we are in NO danger here) There are treasures and EXP to gain

rfee01365.png

So it's time to get our MURDER ON!

Turn 1.

rfee01366.png

Edward moves up and slices the shit out of this fighter, Micaiah follows behind and drops a Light on one of the Myrmidons for a level.

rfee01367.png

Get some speed up you damn hippie! Anyway Aran's up next

rfee01368.png

I let him stick with the Javelin just in case that mage tried anything fun-

rfee01369.png

Holy SHIT! Seriously, have you guys been sacrificing things in my name? or does sheer spite fuel my level ups? at this point I'm sleeping with the RNG goddess, or eating all your luck.

Any way it works for me and we move Nolan up with the hand axe equipped to stop the enemy from getting at Micaiah and Laura, who are still more fragile than than wet paper against anything but magic. Ilyana moves to block the ledge. Volug goes and shoves another Myrmidon

rfee01373.png

Nolan fucks up a Myrmidon with a Handaxe, further cementing his awesome in combat.

rfee01374.png

Laura moves up to heal Nolan and gets another level fueled by apparent ritual sacrifices.

rfee01375.png

Here's our formation at the end of Turn 1, Sothe is moving south to grab the Coin and the Master Seal.

Turn 2.

rfee01377.png

Anyway, Sothe finally realizes that he might recognize these returning PoR characters, and Micaiah wants to hurry headlong into the enemy since she realizes we don't really have the levels to compare to Tauroneo and Zihark. Ilyana decides to say hi to a fighter.

rfee01380.png

Ilyana proceeds to overkill like a BOSS, Seriously you couldn't do this on the first attack? Regardless, Edward also climbs up and slices up a Soldier while eating the counter, Everyone else moves forward and kills/maims shit, minus Laura doing her healing stuff.

rfee01382.png

Leo moves up behind Micaiah and fires from Range 3 with the Iron Longbow, he misses, but levels up due to his BEXP fueled EXP, this is actually his second level, we had a reset because Leo DIDN'T move infront of Micaiah, so that Myrmidon came down and doubled her with 100% accuracy. And with that the turn ends.

Turn 3.

rfee01385.png

Here's our visible formation on Turn 3, Nolan lucked out for me and picked up the Concoction, Micaiah drops a Thani on the Myrmidon, and Sothe pulls off 1 part of his job

rfee01388.png

Stealing that fucking Master Seal, I mean I can't sell them but they save BEXP/EXP when I hit 20.

rfee01389.png

Well Laura and Leonardo get their derpy support conversation on and she heals him up, Edward cuts up the Soldier who ran to the opposite side of the center platform and Ilyana takes it's position to shove lightning up the Fighters ass.

rfee01392.png

Aran moves up to keep up with Nolan after Volug shoved him and Meg humiliates the Myrmidon by killing him.

I'll see you in Part 2 for the Enemy Phase and the rest of the update.

Edited by Onmi

[spoiler=In the Middle of Battle]Welcome back to 1-5, lets continue where we left off.

During the Enemy Phase the boss decides he wants to fuck with Ilyana.

rfee01393.png

rfee01394.png

And in doing so fuels another god level, guess that makes up for her Res only level. Edward also takes an unlikely hit by one of those mages, and survives on a sliver of health, unfortunately he didn't have either Wind Sword equipped.

Turn 4.

rfee01396.png

ekebC.png

Leo whips out his Iron Longbow and blows a crater in the bosses head with his enhanced range. The level puts him at +4 on strength, but he would really like some speed to remain viable. He will cap out Skill on the next level though, so he's looking to be very receptive of BEXP levels after 1-6.

Edward may only have 1/27 health, but he's done fucking around with that mage and whips out the Wind Edge.

rfee01397.png

There are no survivors. and he Levels up to become even MORE unhitable and beefier.

sgBP6.png

Turn 5.

Everyone moves around, Sothe grabs the Coin, no one gains any levels but Leo/Ilyana run to the opposite side of the platform and nuke the enemy reinforcements. Laura heals Edward through, who really freaking needed it at this point.

This is our formation at the beginning of the enemy phase

Bwm5V.png

Nolan and Aran of course have their Range weapons out to counter the two soldiers.

Turn 6.

Something I realizes for Sothe, but not Volug was that there are seriously too many enemies to care about WHO gets a kill, and I could have killed more for miniscule EXP if I hadn't made him a shove bitch, oh well, live and learn.

0GDRn.png

Ilyana weakens the remaining Myrmidon, Laura heals the rest of Edwards wounds, Volug shoves Ilyana out of the way, Micaiah moves in and snags the kill (but no level) Leonardo runs to Sothe's side of the battle field Iron Longbow in hand and I fuck up tremendously by having Nolan attack with the steel axe, and thus denying him an Enemy Phase.

HPGJr.png

Same mistake with Aran but at least he gets a level out of it

ogtL4.png

What does it say about me when I look at this and THIS is my 'bad level' of the map? A level that defines "Typical Aran Level"

Sothe steals a vulnerary and on the Enemy Phase he actually kills enough to level up

7QeJf.png

This is bad until you remember he's capped everything but Strength, Speed and Skill. Needless to say even getting 2 stats on a level up kicks ass, especially one to close the map.

[spoiler=Post Battle]

VKdgE.png

Sothe is of course glad to see his old war buddies especially since he's spent the last couple of years with an idiot, a bore and an old dude. Tauroneo is glad to see Sothe grown up, because lets be honest we could not take Kid Sothe seriously. And Sothe goes to introduce Micaiah-

yp1qV.png

Someone crazy.

Oh right, Izuka shows up. Izuka is as crappy a bad guy from Path of Radiance as he is in Radiant Dawn, at least here he actually gets to do something. Even if that something is be a buttmonkey, disappear for 2 parts, and then die. but really he's an example of a poor villain even in PoR.

ibUUG.png

Yes, well get used to it Sothe, there's enough coincidence to take down a wild elephant... I don't know what that means, I probably shouldn't try to make funny at 4:16 AM

Tauroneo is down with Sothe and crew joining up with the Revolution, after all they just slaughtered Begnion troops and-

Q3DJT.png

Welcome to Izuka's role in part 1, being over the top and wrong. And Evil. Blatantly Evil. You know how I mentioned as a personal preference villains should be subtle? someone to hate because they do horrific things but manage to do it in a way where you can't just stab their face in, or with such smug satisfaction that you want to break them? Izuka is not that character. I may have said "Begnion is pretty much a cartoon at the point"? Well Izuka is a cartoon, he was in PoR, he is now. Even when we learn of Izuka's horrific acts his over the top antic makes it hard to take him seriously.

jSZgu.png

So yeah Izuka's completely fucking psycho, has no problems standing by his psychosis, but we keep him around because he's a tactician. As we'll find out next chapter? he's a bad tactician. Okay Imagine someone took Kefka, stripped away the whole "ended the god damn world so he can act however he wants" and left him in. That's Izuka.

dY7xQ.png

You're a loony.

vPFjj.png

Don't worry, if the people vote for it, I'll let you crush his little head Tauroneo. So maybe you're hoping that the rest of the revolution is slightly more held together? well

AGHjG.png

2VOZb.png

Not on your life. We have Pelleas, who's so spineless that Worms look at him and show off better posture, we have Almedha, who's...

mnIA9.png

ipQZM.png

Yeah... and Izuka, who's nuts.

So Advice-Micaiah, you want to sum this up for me?

17303143.jpg

Thank you Advice-Micaiah, I'll call you when I need you again. Anyway, Izuka places Micaiah in the Vice-General position, and the girl correctly points out that she doesn't actually know anything about war or battle tactics. Izuka then says that she's survived this far and I can't help but feel that surviving on the streets with a small band is very different to leading an army. Then again Izuka. Insane. Anyway Sothe see's right through this bullshit as a scheme to use Micaiah as a figurehead and Izuka?

llG2Y.png

Is Izuka, even if I had just met the man I would not trust him, Pelleas starts asking for help through, saying that he doesn't know anything of battle but he needs to be strong as well. This would hold way more weight if we weren't picking him up in Part 4, but that's nitpicky, don't worry though Pelleas will soon grow to the standard set by Izuka and Almedha. Anyway Micaiah accepts because she trusts Izuka.

BOOB3.png

Sothe can't believe what she's doing, and she says they both changed. Right Sothe became a much more likable individual because he understands that actions have consequences and to do the things you believe in. Micaiah... well Micaiah became Micaiah, so ultimately Sothe was the one who profited.

vMAqn.png

Then help as a soldier? you admit to not being a tactician, though the game would greatly be helped if you were- And yes I just said it would be an improvement if she actually WAS a good tactician, it would certainly help alleviate the stupid of coming missions. She believes in Pelleas because she can see deep in his heart that he wants to save Daein.

jfwYk.png

Okay Micaiah, I didn't realize you could see multiple futures with Farsight, Oh I give up trying to make sense of how her powers work, the games not going to keep consistent so I'm not going to bother keeping up with it.

GQBFb.png

Sothe is really the only one of this pair who understands the weight of this promise, by promising to protect her he promises to stand by her no matter what. I actually think she spits on this promise a few times later on, when she doesn't seem to grasp it's weight.

Well that's the end of 1-5, curious as to our MVP this chapter?

Sothe And honestly he deserves it, not for his kills, but stealing a Master Seal, a Vulnerary and getting the Coin. he achieved every goal I requested of him. Good job Sothe.

I'll see you all in 1-6: You are SO not a Professional Motherfucker.

Edited by Onmi

Really? I was unaware the mounted healers were so into singing. That bitch Clarines been holding out on me hasn't she?

Troubadours were traveling storytellers and singers. And troubadour is the masculine form of the word :awesome:

...that makes me wonder why troubadours are all female.

A sign of what? that Micaiah is going to meet with Laguz? then shit yeah. A sign of anything else? highly doubtful, stop being cryptic when there's no reason to be stupid narrator.

Lol that's his job...

Wow you have some awesome level ups. Also provided some thoughtful insights. While I don't agree with a lot of the complaints I do agree that having the capture sequence at the end of Chapter 1 would have fitted a lot better than having a chapter 2. The presence of the wolves stopping the medallion also makes a lot of sense. I always thought it was a combination of two brutal wars in a row that did it ( a three year hiatus being noting to immortals). I also wonder from the comment on Micaiahs brand whether Edward, Nolan and Leonardo know about it. Is this ever mention anywhere in game or otherwise?

take leonardo to endgame

He will be taken if you all vote for him, check the OP, when unit choices are available you guys get to vote.

Troubadours were traveling storytellers and singers. And troubadour is the masculine form of the word :awesome:

...that makes me wonder why troubadours are all female.

I know, but I couldn't resist the joke

Lol that's his job...

to talk ambiguously even when there's nothing to be ambiguous about. Best job in the world.

Wow you have some awesome level ups. Also provided some thoughtful insights. While I don't agree with a lot of the complaints I do agree that having the capture sequence at the end of Chapter 1 would have fitted a lot better than having a chapter 2. The presence of the wolves stopping the medallion also makes a lot of sense. I always thought it was a combination of two brutal wars in a row that did it ( a three year hiatus being noting to immortals). I also wonder from the comment on Micaiahs brand whether Edward, Nolan and Leonardo know about it. Is this ever mention anywhere in game or otherwise?

The Dawn Brigade isn't aware of her brand, Then again the Dawn Brigade isn't really aware of anything so it doesn't surprise me.

Edited by Onmi