MasterMcDanil plays MIDNIGHT SUN

MasterMcdanil

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, here is the last post for today.... I tried to throw as many in one as I could, because I may not be able to post over the next couple of days. If I'm feeling adventurous, I may post the conclusion tonight. In the meantime.....

LADIES AND GENTLEGEEKS.... I PRESENT TO YOU

MIDNIGHT SUN CHAPTER 2 - SO MUCH TO DO, SO LITTLE TIME

Alriiiigghhhht finally some ACTION

3YeTbyD.png

First off, gotta run Rya down to south, where she chills out on this ballistae, and hits a dude.

EFESY17.png

Nobody else does any damage.... so this is the first turn ending. Andre is hoping to get A LOT of experience this chapter... wanna evolve him into a an Andremon as fast as possible.

obQrxiZ.png

It's okay... I think he'll make it. Neck injuries aren't THAT fatal.

spLMnXI.png

AH! I didn't realize he was in range!

Bless you, oh great RNG...

oWv6dvT.png

Start of the second turn, I'm using Puledra mostly for chip damage...

cI2Tzvj.png

So that Andre can burn this dude with HOT fire.

Dpl6Tjk.png

.... Great level. I guess. You gained 1 point in something you need right now....

On the bright side, he's got more speed than Sassafrass!

VMzhbhz.png

Ladies and Gentlemen.. the AMAZING BLUR

Ada426x.png7YODJLA.png

Second Enemy Phase, Tirado says some stuff.

Meanwhile....

gvJKsjr.pngWANqTAd.png

Fa reaches the Vendor. Normally, I'd visit this from the world map... but it isn't accessible from there...

It's got a pretty good selection for Chapter 2... and then there's this.

M1KFf5l.png

I love you, Alfred. <3 <3 <3

Fa picks up a Thunder for Andre, and a Heal for Puledra.

Fz8KilI.png

Andre kills a dude for an alright level... I mean, he got Mag. DO BETTER OR GET BENCHED

qcJfDA2.png

Third Enemy Phase, this Extremely Handsome Anime Hero shows up.

EHAH: … Why is all this happening? Who are we fighting? The Demon King? Our vassal? Or both, or neither?

8PJKLfs.png

Smart plan, EHAH (which is the sound Anime girls make when they see him)

In all seriousness, I really like this mug.

1kpUhd9.png

*facepa-

Cristoph may have just earned himself a spot on the team.... How did this happen?

kSFW66G.png

eLQ8Dqn.png

Good job Old man. Pretty spry, if I do say so myself...

HQxL87p.png

Whew... Good thing too.

dNuPcHz.png

He took another hit, so... just in case.

gIlDHPM.pngVI1CKLP.png

Oh yeah, and this guy. Menmus. He's the second boss of the chapter... (also recruitable) He's got pretty good stats, I suppose... A little weak in the speed department, and he has a below average defense for a wyvern guy. However, I'll be using him for a while, as having a flier is always a good thing.

EqvV69Z.png

M: It’s time to go. Wyvern riders, follow me!

fl5irll.png

And THAT'S how you know he's recruitable. By the way Alfred, I love how he stops RIGHT BEFORE he leaves the screen... random little thing that I liked.

wzq1KPh.png

Oh yeah, and Fa says something too.

F: “Am I a hero or a traitor?” Heh. I guess you’re wondering too. However, you don’t let these kinds of emotions stop you from you duty. You really are motivational, and your troops are encouraged by your might.

lzrb7SF.png

RED TEXT ITS EVIL KILL IT

EvYTA0j.png

At the very least, you've gained luck every level....

sigh

xandkua.png

Alright, that's why Fa went up to the top. She's the only one who can talk to Menmus (although if he survives the chapter, he gets auto-recruited). She doesn't need to worry about those puny Wyverns though... Fa is a TANK

M: …

F: Why are you hesitating, Corporal Menmus? I’m the Demon king, am I not? The Vassal has always taught you to fight for Hoikade, remember? This is no exception.

Grab your weapon and do your job, Corporal.

ehyXuoR.png

F: What?

M: I was wondering if fighting you was the wrong thing to do. And it doesn’t matter how long I keep thinking about it, I still feel that betraying the queen would be horrible, absurd!

A5fvqMw.pngIFDV9R2.png

Gosh... he's summing up everything that makes Fa's story so tragic...

M: Look at us. A whole army. Fighting for something we believe in.

F: …

M: Maybe I’m thinking too much as usual. Or Maybe I just got brainwashed.

FriZqLz.png620Sktg.png

*grabs tissue*

8O4hxpO.png

The pain that Fa is going through... oh gosh... I can't imagine. I would make jokes if I didn't feel so legitimately bad for her...

M: To my eyes, there are no doubts those tears are yours, not the Demon’s.

F: Don’t do things you may regret. You fight for Hoikade, not for me. I don’t want you to get in trouble for someone like me, Corporal. I don’t want you to become like me. A fugitive… on the run…

M: I know this won’t be an easy path. What I’m going to do will torment me forever.

HgIisUW.pngvcvVvlc.png

YES LETS DO IT! IM COMPLETELY REINVIGORATED

Alright... after the most touching recruitment scene ever.... back to battling!

QLvJ1Pu.png

Two of your most important stats....

url-19.gif

XQOrRxo.png

Fa fails to kill the Shaman, but continues to be a BEAST.

At this rate she will cap Mag AND Def. WHAT IS THIS

P49nxqi.png

Menmus begins to run away, and makes one of his only contributions to the fight this chapter.

DObKepy.png

See, I KNEW that house was obtainable! WHAT SECRETS AWAIT US THERE?!

jSjySmy.png

You better believe it.

Stubbly Stud: Corporal Tirado!

vQzQ0zM.pngL0KTeE1.png

T: What!? Has she gone insane?

SS: I-I’m sorry sir, but she said that she refuses to fight the Vassal.

T: Cattleya…

nnIEPB8.png

RED TEEEEXXXTTTT

SS: I wonder what it means?

zOeLkIm.png

RED FLIPPING TEXT

T: Thank you for referring the matter to me, soldier. You can go.

VgpWpFe.pngFOdxL3p.png

Fa says more stuff

F: Everyone! We need to endure this just a little bit longer! I know we can do it!

2p25UcH.png

Cristoph was close to death, so I save him. Be happy your levels were so good, Buster.

zpBQwFa.png

Hellios is the only one who can reliably get to the boss... So he tanks a ton of hits and gets a CRAP LEVEL

THIS IS WHY YOUR PARENTS ARE DEAD, BAT-HELLIOS

AoWtBji.png

Menmus reaches the house to find a mysterious woman who I've never seen before while playing Fire Emblem.

Totally ordinary person: You know, this is my vacation house and I don’t receive visits very often. In fact, few people can ride a wyvern like the one who brought you here! Did you enjoy the flight?

M: Mmh… yeah… But I must leave now. I’m in the middle of a battle. Sorry for disturbing you, miss.

bjCuEsH.png

M: What's this?

TOP: It’s a very special spear! It will help you to attack faster. However, it’s quite fragile, so be sure not to waste it!

M: Thank you, Miss… umh…

IBKpBur.png

Oh, nice name. That'd be cool, you seem nice.

8Cp2Ch7.png4rf96Tf.png

Agile weapons are pretty cool, they're essentially really weak, light Brave weapons. This is a hasta, which I didn't notice. Dunno what that means but... yep. Thanks Anne. Ann, Anna. Whatever her name was.

T3CPwru.png

ANDRE WHY CAN'T YOU

(oh wait I took it at the wrong time. Oops)

lLlzWPT.png

Rya joins the fray.

UfLIoLt.png

Bat-Hellios stealthily moves into position....

WvvWwoa.png

Rya.... you are supposed to be the GOOD unit! Not Cristoph! What is the world coming to?!

r3miRn6.png

Menmus visits the other house, who doesn't give us info or items, and instead just rambles on about a cow and her brother and I don't care.

3ffz71E.png

Yup. See you later!

not

GYY5lw2.png

Alrighty, Hellios moves in for the kill. With the Iron Sword, he doesn't have enough to kill him on the first turn. (which is actually good)

ynLAJQY.png

Yeah! EAT MY SWORD, VILE HORSE

PibMJed.png

Uh-oh......

cYysiNW.png

But yay! He gets a lev-

sigh

nNgYLb8.png

Aww... he looks so sad.... I wish he was recruitable... we don't have a cavalier yet, unfortunately. :/

kMPal9u.png

Hellios, this is why we don't have nice things.

E8RoVXK.pngLPLIhxH.png

She ditched, brah. Give up now and we'll go easy on ya.

O1oaMaC.png

What a pretty lady... her mug looks great. This is Corporal Cattleya, a capable Myrmidon with a cool sword.

TOO BAD SHE'S THE THIRD BOSS AND NOT RECRUITABLE

C: how could this happen, Tirado? Dying in such a way… isn’t what we wished for. I won’t permit any further injustice. If fighting is the only solution, then… I’ll join the battlefield too. Prepare yourself, Lady Faratrass.

F: That woman down there... Corporal Cattleya!

Q7DGhV0.png

RED TEXT

Also, you don't think Hellios could just, you know, KILL HER OUTRIGHT?

yHTLngq.png

F: Let’s focus on the others, for now.

Whatever you say, babycakes.

3orhOYV.png8dPBZWn.pngH4FbBbw.png

Cattleya... she's got nice stats for a Myrmidon, plus she comes with a sword that just makes her even more awesome at Lv. 5. too bad she's not on our side. :'(

Anyways, she could REALLY mess up our units with that Killing Edge, so even if there wasn't an Achievement for leaving her alive, it's best to just steer clear of her. It's not too hard if you kill Tirado on the 8th turn or later, as it makes it hard for her to even reach your units.

jGP736u.png

Then she gets a level. WITH SPEED MY LORD THANK YOU

BLe9CCB.png

Hmmm... Interesting. Magic Bows like Lightningrod aren't Super Effective versus Flying-types.

IZrTSGP.png

1233928590_citizen%20kane%20clapping.gif

ngEgNnH.png

Menmus Contributes! WOOOO

VpOBkQg.png

I dunno Andre, You're not making a good case for yourself....

kKwVucJ.png

It's the last Enemy Phase... Cattleya never got in range.

CAUSE FA TOLD ME TO AVOID HER

e9TpAw0.png

C: Today’s battle is a loss, but if we stay alive, we can fight and win on another occasion! Don’t waste your lives for nothing. I repeat: everyone, retreat!

WE DID IT! And accomplished every objective! Like I said last post, I won't be attempting every ending, but they have a lot of similar dialogue.

Anyways...

WHEW THIS GAME IS HARD AND FUN AND WEOOOOOEOEOEOEOEOEo

Next time....

We Recruit Cattleya

Stuff happens

This is a fun chapter, both in design, and in all the numerous objectives. There's a lot of fun stuff next chapter too.

I'll be posting all the new growths in the conclusion.

Edited by MasterMcdanil

I disapprove of sending Helios for the bosskill. That's a waste of Exp. :(

(I just sent him for the shopping with a FULL inventory so he can get Fa some spare Umbras and Pel some Heals that goes straight to supply)

In my own run I just had Fa do the boss-murdering since she tanks the hell out of everything down there. XD

So we have to kill him six chapters later not in this chapter?

Yes. That is EXACTLY what I mean. Pretty persistent, that Tirado. Heck, he even kept his name from Sacred Stones! (which took place hundreds of years earlier) XD

And, to Wen Yang, yeah....

I just REALLY wanted that Agile Hasta, and I wanted to be SURE that I got Menmus. :/ I really should have bought more Umbra.... and Flipping Hellios. Im mad that he's Lv 3. BENCHED

WELL IM NOT GOOD AT FIRE EMBLEM ANYWAYS SO DANG IT

I would be posting The conclusion right now... IF MY LAPTOP DIDNT SUCK

[spoiler=Little tidbit regarding Tirado's survival]Incidentally, unless Alfred changed things since I proofread this, any members of the Triumvirate who survive this chapter but aren't recruited just vanish from the story. They won't be turning up later. Apparently most of FE8's permanent ID codes are tied up with the world map, so there aren't any left to devote to this sort of thing. Even Garion's recruitment relies on a sneaky little workaround - an "invisible unit" that turns up in your party just long enough to be used as a pseudo-ID before it gets deleted.

So, yeah, recruit Menmus and Cattleya here, because you won't get another chance later.

...There's no actual plot spoilers in there by the way.

Edited by Wayward Winds

Man, Andre the Amazing is just NOT giving you the amazing levels typical of him! Also, when I played the hack, I didn't actually know Cattleya was recruitable, so I just hid in the fort until the very end...

Man, Andre the Amazing is just NOT giving you the amazing levels typical of him! Also, when I played the hack, I didn't actually know Cattleya was recruitable, so I just hid in the fort until the very end...

what a coward, be a man and get out there and face them head on in nude!

HEELLLLLLOOOOOO LADIES AND GENTLEGEEKS TO DOUBLE-OR-NOTHING EPISODE

Rather than waste time make two separate updates, I decided it would be best to throw the ending of Chapter 2, and the prelude to Chapter 3, in the SAME UPDATE!

uh.. yeah. I have nothing more to say.

ANYWAYS HERE THEY ARE

MIDNIGHT SUN CHAPTER 2 - CONCLUDING CATTLEYA

N8buRAm.png

So.... Cattleya didn't retreat? What exactly was her goal in coming back?

2ZOax69.png

Well no DUH. Weren't you waiting for her, or something?

Cattleya: Why were you waiting for me, alone?

Fa: I wanted to talk with you. I thought you could understand me and join our cause, Cattleya

2ZOax69.png

Ooh... yeah, that's a big jolly problem right there.

VZGz0As.png

And way to trivialize her pain, Sassafrass. Honestly, I HATE how Fa interacts throughout this whole scene... she feels so manipulative and out of character. At times, I almost wonder if she really IS possessed and trying to brainwash poor Cattleya....

F: However, many others will be put in danger if the Demon King—

C: Please, no more. I can’t believe you. You’re going to pay for your crimes with your own life!

8mfbZhX.png

WHO IS IT?! If it's Menmus or Cristoph, they're screwed!

FwciMQN.png

AHHH SHE HAS 100 HIT

oh wait. She missed.

hQgcNg5.png

I really wish I had equipped the Agile Hasta before this... it would have made this seem a whole lot less bullshit...

C: What are you doing, Menmus? This isn’t the Vassal we knew anymore.

5v3fIxo.png

Whew. Thank goodness we recruited this sucker.

5AxWynP.png

Yup. I did do that. It was pretty sweet too... got some money off of it!

Menmus: Please, Cattleya! Just look in her eyes! Do you really see the Demon King? Truly, I can’t!

OmgK3iql.pngHHfMcJal.png

True... she is tragic. Pretty pained... all that jazz.

C: I…

F: Please, Menmus, it’s okay.

bqeae46l.png

I think Fa would kick your butt probably. hmmmm

25jsOgm.png

ooooooo Close, but no Cigar.

F: I don’t have the right to stop you. Just let me tell you… that all this is nothing but a huge misunderstanding.

3NGOCKk.png

There's a lot of imagery with eyes... I don't know if that's on purpose but it keeps coming up. Royal Red eyes, "look into her eyes", Rya's multi-colored eyes, a blind girl later.... It's all very mysterious and interesting.

F: Do you mean that…?

C: I honestly don’t know if this is the right thing to do, but… If you’re telling the truth, Vassal, fighting you now’d be a fatal mistake. I’ll take responsibility for my actions if I am wrong.

emNUp9b.png

See?

F: Corporal Cattleya!

gn7NM6Q.png

Annnnndddd YES

RECRUITMENT ACCOMPLISHHHHEDDD

smwsdbW.png

Alfred has a lot of scenes where there's no music, and is instead just atmospheric stuff, like birds and wind. It's cool... but you may have overused it. Sometimes I feel like it's been way too quiet for too long.

Rya: Indeed. For your emotions especially. How do you feel?

F: Bad. I don’t know if I can take another bloodshed like this.

R: Then I have good news.

xyrE4aL.pngZuffygc.png

YES. No more sad murder!

R: It seems like he found one to the east of here, between the mountains. We’ll most likely avoid any conflict if we follow the path he’s scouted for us.

F: This is fantastic! We don’t have time to waste, then. If we linger here any more, other troops will most likely reach us.

IUpeE0Y.png

And that's that! CHAPTER 2 COMPLETE

NEXT UP.....

CHAPTER 3 (duh)

but before that, I do some item rearranging.

H1wqeQU.png

I visit the armory from the world map, and buy a Steel lance for Menmus. I just love the steel weapon descriptions. <3

JYK8Kf3.pngSQ6im5N.png

NARARAARAARAAAAAATOR: Getting closer and closer to Lazulis, the group now finds itself in a mountainous area. Here, a new danger awaits them. Faratrass continues on her way, knowing that there is no turning back.

Jl36X7h.png

ooooOOOoooooOOOO Ominous title, eh?

6EgCmZ3.png

Aw, what a sweetie. Maybe he isn't such a jerk.

Hellios: She’s had a different look in her eyes since we left the castle. Well, I guess this kind of pressure would change anyone.

TGKfizfl.png

Rya: There you are

H: Princess Rya.

R: Where is the Vassal?

H: She went on with the scout. They want to make sure that this path is safe, but moving around in large numbers will not help.

R: …

uAIrTf4l.png

R: I’ve just received some valuable info from one of our Pegasus knights. Please listen carefully.

H: I’m all ears.

jAFnjgjl.png

WHAT?! FADE TO BLACK?! BUT I WANNA KNOW TOO!!!

pddtimJl.png

YES! I've been wanting a thief!

BYSlJ6bl.png

Oh. Nevermind. Guess he's a generic... :'(

Scouty McScouterson: Lady Faratrass, you seem exhausted. We can stop, if you wish.

Fa: No... Thank you for your concern, sir, but I’m okay. I’m not accustomed to this sort of exercise, that’s all.

6VPLkvbl.png

What weakness? You may have the highest defense of anybody!

Scouty: Very Well, Your Highness

HRJMmpGl.png

Yessssssssssssssssss

8AbbkNLl.png

uh-oh... new map sprite. This is either really good... or really bad.

pDwbUcOl.png

I'm a big fan of this mug. It just looks.. Well put together! Look at that mischievous smile...

bBu1VTzl.png

Oh great... let the blind jokes, COMMENCE

Scouty: Poor girl. Such a disgrace. Pfft. Now, out of the way!

Blindy McBlinderson: Oh, I don’t think I can let you pass. I’m really sorry, mister!

Scouty: Don’t mess with me, tiny one. I WILL pass… With or without your authorization!

F: Wait! What are you—

mRqSHy8l.png

I can't tell if he's a recolor... but Hell! This miss doesn't even matter!

cHJ3ZBfl.png

Oh my... she just... slaughtered him... that's 36 damage, plus she doubles him! WHO IS SHE

F: Dear Gods, you killed him! Who the hell are you!?

Scary Blind Murder Machine: I’m just a wandering blind girl. Nice to meet you!

F: Are you kidding me!? And why did you have to kill him!?

Remorseless Blind Bishop: He was the one who attacked me. I just defended myself.

nVKazqal.png

I dunno.. he WAS a generic...

Questioning Blind Bandit: You’re wrong. How can you say that? Did you know him? Do you know me? How can you say that what you saw from your point of view… was the truth?

F: You’re crazy! I can’t understand a word of what you’re saying! But I must stop you. How do I know you are not going to kill the others too? En Garde! I’ll be your opponent.

Crazy Not-French Blind Opponent: … Please, calm down. I don’t have a reason to fight you. And, it looks like we have company.

F: What?

aADgq9nl.png

Oops. The point is that dudes show up to fight.

F: Those are… bandits! I see… you’re one of them. Prepare yourself, Criminal.

Blind Stand-up Comedian: Ahah!

lXC6Zxpl.png

And Hellios comes to the rescue! Thanks, brudda. I appreciate you.

H: Faratrass, we’ve got a problem—Hey, what!? The scout…

uRUE3lcl.png

Hellios could take her. Maybe.

F: I fear I can’t take her down by myself. Please help me, brother.

H: Miss, is this true? Did you kill this man?

VhaRYjal.png

She scares me a bit... it's like Cristoph all over again!

H: … Thanks, then.

F: What? Hellios, what’s the meaning of this?

igQnVeAl.png

WHAT!? I DID NOT SEE IT COMING

F: What are you saying? He mapped out a path for us… ah!

DA8dbW4l.pngFt9jnMJl.png

Well darn. I'm stupid, aren't I.

H: A Magnolian soldier found the body and immediately reported the situation.

F:This bandit lead us into his nest…

Xezor2Ql.png

Stopped him? More like SHREDDED him!

Modest Blind Savior: Oh, it’s nothing, really.

H: Faratrass, hide in a safe place and wait for reinforcements. We can’t move around carelessly.

F: hmm. I understand.

H: Miss, you seem strong. Please watch over her.

Benevolent Protector (even though she’s blind): You can count on me.

H: Alright. I’ll bring the others here to support you.

mUmFfUxl.png

DANGIT

Well, Hellios kills that Brigand, and then runs back to the others.

SymJaDQl.png

Yay! A prep screen! This will make stuff so much easier!

And wait... what's that I spy?

jCS4lRCl.png

SUPPORTS!!!!

While I don't think you can support yet....

jbNjs7kl.png

(as shown by this ridiculous turn count on my test run)

It's cool that they WILL be implemented. Although... something is missing....

Hey Alfred! If you read this, I have a quick suggestion to fix the glaring problem in the supports menu: Put in some fake supports so that's not so obvious. :D

Anyways....

jwthZ1ql.png

Here's our setup. Everybody else is over here...

JeBmUdSl.png

And good ole Fa is just chilling down here.

While there aren't any recruitable characters YET, we do need to talk to TWO people so that we get a cool new item, and for someone else to show up later.

IN THE NEXT UPDATE

I decide to do the whole chapter from the Blind Girl's point of view!

jAFnjgjl.png

I'll be getting the next update up, ASAP

IN THE MEANTIME

GROWTHS, AND LOTS OF EM

Menmus
Growths:
HP 85
Pow 50
Skl 42
Spd 38
Luck 40
Def 50
Res 25

Alright, so Menmus. He's got real nice Str and Def, as well as pretty decent Skl and Spd. With some love and care, he can turn into a pretty fine physical tank. Plus, he's your first flier AND lance user for a while, so be good to him and he'll be good to you

Andre
HP 70
Mag 45
Skl 45
Spd 45
Luck 50
Def 25
Res 40

I don't get it! Andre has INCREDIBLY solid growths, with Def being his only real weak spot. 70 HP is a little low for my tastes, but he will almost always turn into a fast, strong, Magic Tank. Being a recruit also gives him 10 extra levels to gain more points in.... recommended highly.. even though he's not doing so hot for me. I dunno what else to say....

Puledra

HP 120
Mag 40
Skl 50
Spd 40
Luck 70
Def 30
Res 50
Ah Puledra... it's too bad you're a prepromote because HOLY CRAP LOOK AT THOSE GROWTHS. In total, his growths come out to 400%. 400!!! That's even higher than Tiki in Fire Emblem Awakening, and she has some of the highest EVER. The main problem with Puledra, is that his Mag base is really low, and his spd isn't too hot either. Give him a couple levels though and watch the stats go up. It's a shame he comes at Lv 5 promoted, because he ends up getting only 3-5 exp per kill. :/ While I probably can't use him except for healing in the current patch, I can see him being an end of game TANK. Plus, his Res base is INCREDIBLE. Magic attacks just go *dink*
Cattleya
HP 80
Str 38
Skl 50
Spd 55
Luck 45
Def 32

Res 40

Was she worth all that trouble? I'd say so. As our first sword user (other than Hellios), Cattleya is pretty decent! She's got a decent Str growth for a myrmidon, and her skill and spd will rise fast. Plus, she comes with really high bases, which gives her the upper hand when leveling up. Her Def could be a problem, but if her skl is high enough, it won't matter.

HELLO EVERYONE TO

MIDNIGHT SUN CHAPTER 3 - CLUSTERCATTLEYA

I lost the first couple turns of my first run, so there will be no level ups or battles for a little bit.

ZRXIdDKl.png

Hellios: Is everyone ready?

Rya: Sort of. It was all very sudden.

H: We are running out of time.

X3DahSrl.png

R: That isn’t our sole concern right now. If the scout was a fake, it also means that the route he tracked isn’t safe.

uqhySEfl.png

R: Exactly. We must be ready to fight on more than one front.

UTFift0l.png

Blindy: I was informing the inhabitants of this place of the upcoming danger.

Fa: Very kind of you. ……

Blindy: Hehe, still nervous because I killed someone right before your eyes?

LQsgyZZl.png

Blindy: You’re kind. But the others won’t always treat you the same way.

1vNgDjol.png

F: Hm. And you are?

I9bUZnRl.png

F: Okay, Shiori… Why are you helping me?

Shiori: Because you were in need. If that scout had been the one in danger, I’d have helped him. It’s simple.

F: No, it isn’t!

lf1sJdNl.png

S: Oh, I know a lot of things. For example… look. See that fort there?

6ZHNnuSl.pngQh7S4mTl.png

S: In this one it seems like they still haven’t realized the situation.

LLyP0yVl.pngzNrHxmml.pngINzjB4il.png

F: Huh, wait, wait… let me understand, you can sense the presence of people!?

S: Teh eh. Kind of. I was born with eyes unable to catch the light, but…

TWRrU1ql.png

S: Every person is at least a little malicious, you know. Where there is evil, there is someone. This is my way of “seeing” the world.

F: Then… it’s thanks to this power that you knew the scout was deceiving us?

WBrMRZVl.png

F: You’re that accurate, too… This power of yours is… absurd.

S: It is, and not always for the better.

6EeWYkGl.png

Alright... that's awful. That's tragic... to always know when people are lying...

Her smug smile totally changes when here eyes open. It goes from being mischievous... to sad and resigned. Very good mug work.

h0krmujl.png

S: Shall we go, then? Looks like our time’s up. Remember to stay behind me. Especially if you don’t like killing people, haha!

HadH7Bql.png

Yeah, you two are like peas in a pod.

ZIPi3zrl.png

F: … … I’m just a Demon, after all.

tBchj34l.png

Alright, Fa sits over here on the fortress to escape some really difficult enemies... '

Some guys pop out and...

S: Please, don’t come near me or you’ll seriously get wet with blood… yours. I’ll leave you the choice, okay? Teh eh!

a47zOKvl.png

WHAT BANDIT LEADER

What a cutie. <3

9CJduaml.png

Cutie-baldie: Tsk, must be those headhunters dogs again!

Fattie: What do we do?

CB: Get the children away from here and tell the others to get ready.

F: All the children? B-But how…

CB: I don’t care how, just do it!

dFN8rpOl.png

CB: Is that what you want?

F: No… Sorry boss, I panicked. I’ll do as you said.

ZHx0rQfl.pngSfQCq3kl.png

Oooo.... another Red Head. That's a lot so far... maybe he's related to Anna?

Garion: … Djambo. It’s just some adult business, my boy, don’t worry.

Djambo: I’m not stupid, you know?

wSZyAQhl.png

How old is this kid again? He's treated like he's 12 but....

D: I don’t see chicks around here, so…

G: Enough, Djambo! Stay back with the others! This is an order!

D: Why!? I know that people don’t see us as good folks, yet…

eukfmgTl.png

D: I don’t want to see you dying without moving a finger! Lemme fight with you!

G: … You’ve grown, Djambo.

Nk6IzRpl.png

Or is it?

G: Forgive me.

EEzDtRTl.png

No comment.

yBdEBJDl.png

G: You don’t have to follow our path.

Fu702LGl.png

Jackals... interesting choice of word.

oyO3HaSl.png

S: Faratrass, it seems like a new source of malice has appeared in the north.

9l1JQlal.png

F: What does this mean?

S: Hmmm… Let’s say that sometimes we judge others by their actions.

A2HuJD5l.pngxdV5DE6l.png

Pay attention class.

yaqKuBUl.png

That's a recruitment if I ever heard it.

Alright, and here's where my run picks up again.

q6CPVEt.png

Cattleya continues....

cDHhWXCl.png

Okay.. better better...

Here's the deal, buddy. If you can't gain a point of Def... IM DROPPING YOU

g4CDTJBl.png

Everybody's looking good so far...

FSnlbqRl.png

More guys show up, and Cattleya the Conqueror continues to crit.

WawngBxl.png

Cristoph joins in and picks up a Thunder tome.

OoF2Wrel.png

These guys show up... Although I have NO IDEA which group is saying that... :/

p1iSuRMl.png

AH good job Menmus... Lucky break...

D9cPBKSl.png

hmmmm....

m7eZEAzl.png

Hellios draws some fire... Like, their gonna hit. XD

X5CaMchl.png

Cristoph takes some heat...

HwsoCUdl.png

And then to top it off... THIS GUY SHOWS UP

Wyvern: Hm? That’s…!

xjyVBNXl.pngpHkqdz1l.png37rjcJLl.pngeexYYJQl.png

Well then. You have no honor, do you pipsqueak? There's two turns of two Wyvern Riders... no biggie.

iDzWAvRl.png

So much murder... Cattleya can pretty much double anybody right now. :D

ZY6vdXtl.png

And strength! Strength is very good.

rHKtFpTl.png

There you go Andre, that's what I'm-

ekwYDeKl.png

There you go, Andre!

6ZCepkvl.png

Critstoph strikes again! (geddit? CRITS-toph?)

GstwSDTl.png

Dang, he is just a MONSTER

QTTllNXl.png

Menmus' dragon is flippin' adorable.

Rawr!

qnQAFNul.png

Alright, I gotta shift the guys around to protect Menmus...

6cxsT44l.png

WHAT. COME ON-

Z6RmyDQl.png

Actually, that's cool. Don't need him stealing experience...

B6lTZjCl.png

Shiori continues her slaughter...

mCAKRMNl.png

And Andre visits the red house.

Crotchety Old Lady: Then… Tell your boss that I don’t need the money he gave me. I wouldn’t feel right if I spent dirty money like this, sorry.

9qdPAY5l.png

But I have NO qualms! moneymoneymoneymoneymoney

k5WIo02l.png

Faratrass crits in the coolest way possible.

Qp29Eg9l.png

They just want glory all over their bodies.

bMLb3Z8l.png

Fa kills a guy and gets an EXCELLENT LEVEL. Well done, babycakes.

8jECc8Zl.png

Puledra gets WRECKT

5Yi9035l.png

Oh yeah, some of the mages have these tomes, so I have to keep Fa outta the way.

xEarUeil.pngyQB7fCol.png

Totally forgot to show him off... He's decent. Good Strength and decent Defense for a brigand. Cattleya could just destroy him, however, and Fa could too.

9PNNdtsl.png

Menmus, I don't have TIME for your SHIT today.

p8cElrcl.png

Cristoph at least gains ONE thing he needs!

iHwydtIl.png

Cattleya becomes invisible. She actually doesn't kill him outright, and has to hit him again for 1 damage.

wQEIMQvl.png

WHY CAN'T YOU BE MORE LIKE CATTLEYA

pRQpc3Fl.png

Some more guys show up as my other group close in on Fa's position.

FPXRHMBl.png

Puledra gains his first level.... and it's really not that great. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOUR GROWTHS, DAMMIT

WJZCTFll.png

Meanwhile, Andre visits the other house.

Mustachio: You aren’t one of the bandits, I suppose. You know, the boss of the bandits around here is a man called Garion.

eS01ooUl.png

I think this is a recruitment hint.

Mustachio: He never hurt the poor like me, but I can’t say he’ll treat your kind in the same way, ahah!

x1TJgAAl.png

Menmus rescues Shiori to stop her from stealing kills.

Ji5NcHel.png

And.... here's why I brought Hellios!

PNh2Hawl.png

H: Sort of. There were way more of them than we thought.

F: Indeed.

H: One of the bandits dropped this. I think you should have it. If something similar happens in the future, you’ll be safer with this.

RkxIT6Nl.png

Aww... he really isn't a jerk. <3

H: No worries, Faratrass. I’m here for you.

oNXfXrSl.png

hmmm! Something new... what is it?!

fLD6ooCl.png

Oh, it's a stronger Pure Water. Actually... pretty nice considering how low Fa's Res is.

2P2NPVvl.png

Okay, so I feel like this used to be a Fa sprite? I dunno, she looks similar... and is a dark mage. It'd be pretty funny if she were.. kind of a nod to people who had played past versions?

Old Fa?: I bought this book and started studying the arcane arts, but I soon realized I didn’t have the skill to control that power. Whenever I see this book now, I feel a strong sense of weakness. It may be this kind of magic is suited only for few… here, you can have the book. I don’t need it anymore…

7pjviYpl.pngSSOlWLql.png

It's a pretty nice tome... don't know what it replaces but HEY! Free stuff.

ppNWzhtl.png

Surprisingly enough, Fa can talk to this bandit guy!

GEsak1nl.png

F: Some of your men were calling out your name while attacking us.

G: Yes, that’s me. What’s a lady doing on the battlefield? It’s dangerous here, stay back.

F: I’m the commander of these troops. I’m princess Faratrass of Hoikade.

tRUM5Ohl.png

I ask the same question every day, buddy.

F: It’s complicated and we don’t have time to talk about it. Just surrender.

G: You were kind coming all the way here to talk with me, but I really can’t.

6l9kfv9l.png

CHOO CHOO Come join the insult train!

G: We’re not all like that. Many of us were unfortunate and had no other choice but to rob. Others are just terrible people though, but I deal with ‘em when need be.

NAQcn5jl.png

Ugh. Classic "you don't understand me!" speech. XD

mCA3sRIl.png

I dunno Fa, you're pretty ignorant if you ask me...

F: That’s why I’m trying to talk.

7v8b6Y2l.png

It's a pessimistic view of the world... but very true. Alfred really gives some great characterization to this guy.

lfOWuG6l.png

F: …. Fine.

UPSLreUl.png

HAH Just kidding, Cattleya is gonna get this kill.

yc8uOYbl.png

WHAT

JhHqqVml.png

So you survived one... BUT CAN YOU SURVIVE THREE CATTLEYA'S???!!!!!

bDwS0ASl.png

*tears of joy*

Fa seizes... and that's all she wrote!

NEXT TIME - WE DON'T RECRUIT ANYBODY BUT ALFRED IS REALLY CLEVER SO WE TECHNICALLY DO

This chapter is a really good way to introduce our second lord, while also teaching the player about appearances. I honestly feel like the hack is trying to teach me how to live my life better, and it's doing it well! WOW

Edited by MasterMcdanil

A few things:

1: "I decide to do stuff from the blind girl's point of view" actually made me laugh.

2: The Holy Badge isn't stronger. If I remember properly, normal pure water also boosts RES by 7.

3: Vortex is just the second-tier dark tome that doesn't really replace anything, because with normal dark magic, literally every tome but Flux had some obligatory special effect. And obviously you can't have the main lord forced to use niche weapons ALL THE TIME.

I appreciate you showing us getting the holy badge (since I for one, totally missed it), poor Rya missing out on all those Exp though...

Yeah... about that... I totally had NO idea, it happened completely by accident. I was all like, 'Hellios, go rescue Fa" and then it turns out they have a convo. And I was like WHAT

Also, about Rya... I feel like all the "good units" in other people's playthroughs are really lackluster for me right now. Andre and Rya are usually MONSTERS, but instead I've got Cristoph. Cattleya.. I'm pretty sure it's impossible for her to turn out bad.

2: The Holy Badge isn't stronger. If I remember properly, normal pure water also boosts RES by 7.

3: Vortex is just the second-tier dark tome that doesn't really replace anything, because with normal dark magic, literally every tome but Flux had some obligatory special effect. And obviously you can't have the main lord forced to use niche weapons ALL THE TIME.

You are TOTALLY right about Pure water *facepalm*

Also, WHAT?! Dark tomes aren't the dumping ground for weird effects? THIS ISN'T FIRE EMBLEM ANYMORE

HHHEELLLOOO LADIES AND GENTLEGEEKS AND WELCOME BACK TO

MIDNIGHT SUN CHAPTER 3 - ALCOHOL IS BAD FOR YOU

Faratrass: Still alive, huh?

W9OLq9rl.png

XEhht0vl.png

I have no idea what to say about their relationship.

F: A kid?

Garion: Djambo… don’t move. This is… what I deserve… since I am… a bandit…

V9jdy1Al.png

What? Fa's gonna just kill this defenseless guy? Harsh.

Djambo: As if I care! You’re like a father to me! You took care of me and the others! I don’t care what these people might think, I’m one of yours! I’ll always be!

G: Djambo…

cjss68Ol.png

"Should we kill the children?"

Rya: They’ve probably kidnapped them. What do we do?

F: … Shiori. Can you sense any malice coming from that direction?

Shiori: Hmm… nope! I can’t “see” anyone there.

F: Then, let them go.

R: What’s the meaning of this?

chV0IzZl.png

Literally. Like, you've been running for weeks. Physically and metaphorically.

xzYnCuil.png

F: Dooming these people just ‘cause they’re “bandits” is wrong. Sure, some of them might have done something wrong, but not everyone.

Hellios: …

S: Wise words, Faratrass. Eheh.

KdDbkfVl.png

F: Don’t thank me. This will be your last chance to redeem yourself. Don’t waste it.

G: …

F: Treat his wounds.

D: … Thank the gods…!

5KPLnWTl.png

Djambo is a Journeyman. I cannot WAIT until he's on our side.

F: Everyone, listen to me! We’ll rest here for tonight. Hoikade won’t find us if we hide in this stronghold.

sCS4rZll.png

And now... the obligatory drunk sc--

WHOA this is actually pretty original! It throws in a good dose of comedy before the heavy stuff that's gonna happen in a few screens...

Andre: Uh, whoa! What is this stuff, Master Puledra? It looks like water, but it tastes… stronger.

Puledra: This? Oh, it’s just vodka, my boy. Try it if you want, ho ho.

A: ….

HNAIVPRl.png

HE'S A ZOMBIE

R: What do ya want!?

kze4Loil.png

See, a lot of hacks fail at this: Giving side characters really good characterization. Not so with Alfred and Midnight Sun. He pulls a leaf from FE7's book and has the side characters say stuff at random times, and to really work to give everbody a different way of talking, and a different way of interacting with situations and other characters.

Jezr7xIl.png

ZEALOT?! Where!? I don't want his crappiness getting on my units!

R: I’m the Princess, show some respect or get the fuck out of here!

Cristoph: You mad, Milady? Ahahahah!!

WlL6BsXl.png

So.... you just drank it? Smart plan.

H: Well, at least it seems that everyone is having fun.

faCu5S3l.png

S: You’re still awake, Faratrass?

F: ….

S: You seemed scared at first today, but you managed to control your emotions.

hO8zlrql.png

Uh-oh. She's drunk.

S: Faratrass?

F: Control my emotions? *hick* Please. It’s not something that I decided I’m condemned to control myself.

S: Are you… okay?

F: I’m not! *hic* Can’t you see?

E4vTm2Il.png

S: I… I don’t know what you’re talking about, I’m sorry…

F: You must be *hic* kidding me…

kABoxSrl.png

:(

S: You’re… the Vassal...? …

81ov2PFl.png

Yeah! Like Hellios, and Rya and Menmus and Cattleya...

pP0oRifl.png

Ooo. She hit the nail right on the head there... the sad truth of our party.

4YdeVUal.png

MORENO-TEARS.gif

F: I’ve always been alone… since the day I was born. I have no father and no mother, and my only brother is a stranger. The only person who cared about me was a queen as cold as ice, but…

00YRZjWl.png

F: And the people! Oh, the people… They feared, not respected me. When that fear overcame their false respect, *hic* they turned against me. See? I’m just a mere shell… for a power bigger than me…

oROTq5Hl.png

F: Sniff… Sob.. *hic* Sigh…

S: Faratrass…

DdNmyeLl.png

Shiori = best friend

NRC4afBl.png

Shiori still hasn't gone a ton of characterization yet, but I'm loving this self-referential stuff, plus her inherent kindness.

F: No… Don’t come near me! *hic* I don’t deserve your kindness. Stay back…

S: W-Wait…

pkvG0ihl.png

F: I don’t need anyone any more…

25uVx0Nl.pngrAPNac1l.png

AW SHIT! THINGS JUST GOT REAL

S: Faratraaass!!

vbw9qF4l.png

Are you serious?! I HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER CHAPTER!?

No. I refuse.

DANGIT IM NOT STOPPING THERE

CHAPTER 4 PRELUDE - Fog of war? Dangit.

zfQbNSN.pngHZHoyvgl.pngszlpW32l.pngbZcUg3Pl.png

I don't think that could have been put any more poetically AND bluntly at the same time...

zBbqHYGl.png

Here we are. This chapter is pretty weird... + awesome. Not too hard, not too easy... with a strange victory condition to boot.

02is3y8l.png

Shiori: Damn, I can’t hear her footsteps anymore…

???: Hey!

S: Hmmm… this Malice directed towards whoever dares to insult Magnolia….Is that you, Princess Rya?

AiC3BAFl.png

S: Yup, that’s my name! I’m glad you remember it. And… Are Sir Crisoph and Prince Hellios here as well?

Hellios: You noticed, uh?

TmmSWgcl.pngIgAHSTFl.png

Cristoph, you stick out like a sore thumb on a foot.

wait... did that even make sense?

S: Seems I was right. I’ve already memorized your core malice.

Rya: Impressive. Anyways, where’s Faratrass?

lMC7W3ol.png

lol_vladimir_putin.gif

sVm9lKjl.png

On the contrary... I though it was hilarious.

H: Can’t you just find her with your power, miss?

S: Unfortunately, no.

vFBq74hl.png

Interesting... hmmmmmmmmmmm

S: Even before, I was only using my ears to detect her position.

Gx1O7eHl.png

Impossible. Fa is a terrible person.. we know this!

H5biqB5l.png

Oh. That's what you meant.

S: So it seems. That’s why I was surprised when she told me she was the Vassal.

H: Hmmm…

Cristoph: … A-Ah!

R: Cristoph? What’s wrong?

C: I… I’m pretty sure I’ve been through this area before. And… there wasn’t such a thick forest down there. But nevermind, I must still be drunk from last night….

R: What?

S: Can this be..?

H: It must be the Demon King.

wINAWVsl.png

So...... he's like a little kid playing with Legos? Okay, I think I understand...

GgXNQVJl.png

SMASH CUT

R: Nnngh… Prince Hellios, are you aware of what you’re saying? If that’s true, then Lady Faratrass..!

S: Wha –

R: Nngh, what are those.. things?

o8kqWk4l.pngngbeExXl.png

Oh Cristoph. This is why we keep you around.

H: … oh.

R: You don’t seem surprised.

H: Well, why should I be? This basically confirms that Faratrass is located nearby and that we have to hurry and bring her back to herself.

R: That’s true. I’m sorry, I lost my cool. Shirori, let me guess…

S: I can see them! Those things are made of pure malice!

A3U0oNll.png

Being led by a blind girl.. I'm sure there's irony in that somewhere... I just can't find it.

o5bizVsl.png

Also, Andre can promote. That's what the poll is for.

Andre: Puledra once gave me this bottle… He told me to drink it when I became good with magic. So… I guess it’s time to open it! What is this? It’s good! Oh? Something is written here, now that I notice it.

nWF8aR2l.png

BEST. PROMOTION. ITEM. EVER.

WgeaX7Gl.png

HEY That terrible master has ridiculously good growths, mind you!

wPk4tL4l.png

Soooooo..... which one guys?

EjKuTWnl.png77MGJ6il.png

Wonder Pupil fills in the holes in his armor for the most part, giving him more Mag and Hp, but on the other hadn... Mage does give Andre 1 more Con and an extra point in Def. I'll leave it up to you guys...

HBHn3Rll.pngz6VRzKxl.pngxGuXWqal.pngA4DO2Eyl.png

Also, it slipped my mind to show you guys last chapter, but here's Shiori's stats. She's got another new tome, a new class... but is Lv. 20 with no way to promote. Seriously, it makes me really sad. I would LOVE to use her, but I can't justify giving her kills when she can't gain experience. That's not to say she's not pretty good, her bases are nice for a Lv 20. However, I will say that it says A LOT when Andre has more Magic, Speed and Luck then her... and he's only Lv. 1. :/ He'll catch up to her, and surprass her... REALLY quickly.

4GfkogUl.png

Anyways, here's where we are. Shiori will be blue when we start. One of these monsters has got a lantern, which is essentially a renamed torch.

SgmX1wnl.png

Fa is trapped down here. Literally. She can't move, and will be COMPLETELY USELESS. Also... There's a reason why I can't just pick her up right away.. you'll see next chapter.

NEXT TIME ON.... SURVIVOR

Clever recruitment methods to get around how hard it is to hack FE8

Anyways, there's a new poll, for what Andre should become. I know which one I want, but I'd like to see your guys opinions. Feel free to discuss below too. I think it'll end in.... 5 hours. 8 pm USA CST.

EDIT: I have no idea how to make a poll. :/ MAKE YOUR CHOICE BELOW ANYWAY

Edited by MasterMcdanil

I say Wonder Pupil, because Alfred implied that going the weaker route would result in more power in endgame. Of course, there's only 8 chapters, so going Mage would work in the short term...

Also, to make a poll, you have to go in the full editor for the first post of the topic(only the first post will work), and in the upper right there should be a "manage topic poll" box.

Well, the overwhelming majority chose for Andre to become a Wonder Pupil. That was my personal choice, as it gave him a relatively "new class", but I do wonder if he'll suffer with that lower Con score...

Anyways...

HOLA HOMBRES AND GENTLEHOMBRES TO

MIDNIGHT SUN CHAPTER 4 - Randomly spawning enemies and unbeatable foes

X13S18sl.png

Faratrass: This is… a forest? How did I get here? Wasn’t I in the bandit stronghold?

nB99VYd.png

THIS IS IMPORTANT. REMEMBER IT

F: Ugh, I can’t remember anything else.

Fih5UEyl.png

F: And my body is really weak… Just what—Nnnngh!!

HbMYoPzl.png

OH SHIT

F: Who’s speaking!? Show yourself!

Definitely NOT the Demon King: I’d love to, but at the moment I can’t. Don’t worry though, you wouldn’t want to see me anyway.

F: I-It can’t be… You… Nngh! You’re…

WvewuOc.png

THINGS JUST GOT REAL

F: N-No! Why? My powers should be restraining you right now!

eQWNhDg.pngT3N6xN9.png

F: No… S-Someone… Aaargh!!

DK: Ahaha, what’s wrong, MY Vassal?

4Xz0mPsl.png

if they're better than hellios

DK: Let me grant your wish, then.

Shiori: W-What? Those presences are terrifying!

Sb5Ev9Ql.pngwiZSabUl.png

Well... whatever. Let's just charge. Puledra, Andre and Cattleya will take the left path, while Cristoph, Rya and Menmus take the right. Shiori will be hanging around top... and I guess Hellios is there too.

S: Don’t be reckless. We’re here to save Faratrass, not to die.

SCD0l7ol.png

Why hello there, CRITStoph. Nice to see you again.

foaGnybl.png

Menmus does NOT start us off on a good note. Come on, Corporal! Get some speed!

9gVITMwl.png5L0G4i8l.png

Andre kills the far left Monster and recieves a Lantern. It's just a renamed Torch, but DAYUM does that icon look nice.

iIFeyZ1l.png

YES MENMUS. Dodging like a Big-Dick G. (Isn't that what the hip kids say?)

OpFNn5fl.png

Andre, that's not how we do stuff around here.

uvvFqj4.png

There is a LOT of little convos between Fa and the Demon King, usually resulting in more enemies.. which in turn Shiori comments on... all in all WAY too much talking.

DK: Our servants will annihilate them. They’ll be reduced to shreds.

F: The others… are here!? No, you don’t have to—Gwaaah!!

DK: My, My. Does it hurt? After all, since the seal is broken, you should be experiencing the whole pressure of my power right now…

08eNJPtl.png

Right. Please, stop the flipping DEMON KING at level 10!

DO IT I DARE YOU

DK: Really? Try me.

TNcfzD2l.png

AH. Spoooky scary skeletons, send shivers down your spine.

S: Ah! Everyone, pay attention!

kCMvqNWl.png

Cristoph.... Come now.

xGNxQPvl.png

At least it's something. :/

Rnapw0pl.png

Fa. EVERYTHING is your fault. Quite literally. Don't be so hard on yourself.

F: This is unacceptable… I have to do something quickly.. Urgh!

zdQj4k2.png

Damn... Just the word Unacceptable brings up bad memories from Bravely Default...

IT WAS SO GOOD Why did you add in 6 repeat chapters?! :'(

DK: You know better than me that you’ve accepted this from the beginning.

FBsPHDu.png

Okay. It's official. Lots of Eye Imagery.

DK: You were constrained to kill those soldiers back then, weren’t you? You had no other choice but to flee from your own country, right? Pfft.

z20Rsjvl.png

Speaking of which.... Vassal? Vessel?

Fa is Agnes OBlige?! (sorry for everyone who doesn't get that)

DK: “Unacceptable”? You accepted your fate the moment you slaughtered your own people. And your eyes of yours are able to see the truth, but they don’t want to.

F: Silence! You’re lying…! These are nothing but stupid LIES!

DK: See? That’s what I meant. But don’t worry… my “eyes” can see better than yours, Vassal.

Sb5Ev9Ql.png

HAHA. My "eyes" can see... I GEDDIT DEMON KING

YOU'RE HILARIOUS

nicolascageconfusedemotions.gif

This gif though

wpAW2AWl.png

This means they won't move

02UBYXRl.png

Cattleya performs eye surgery and gains an oddly defensive level. BUT HEY, if she wants to tank, I'm not stopping her.

I50u4Vd.png

In a neat little addition, Bows deal effective damage against Eyeballs. Rya murders one and earns herself a spot on the team.

maybe

KhYpon8l.png

Eh. Every once in a while I'll let it slide. Don't let it become a trend....

IMSHqvs.png

Menmus is rapidly becoming obsolete... especially with a new flier coming next chapter.

dd6b4gF.png

New enemy weapon? IT SUCKS. Why is a poison weapon so high, and we don't have any Anti-toxins!

gCOnorK.png

YAY. Our third Axe-user. :facepalm:

S: Hmm? This presence… Could it be Garion? But why? What’s he doing here?

kkGAEYj.png

Hence why she's been chilling up top while two teams run down the east and west sides.

S: Maybe I could..?

qMbzhbfl.png

Anyways, we mosey on down and WHAT?!

qnBNi5Hl.pngWol0zUXl.png

:wtf:

Uh....... I guess.. I'll just... NOT save Fa.

BYE GUYS

Seriously though, this is how Alfred got around Menmus flying STRAIGHT THROUGH To Fa. It's pretty clever... and a literal death trap. All but two are wielding Tomahawks, and will quickly murder anyone who happens upon them. Not even Hellios or Shiori can make a dent... Although... if he's lucky... Puledra could activate Slayer....

Nope. Still wouldn't do SHIT

A8KsiPV.png

Way to make an entrance.

S: This voice! It’s really you then, Garion.

Garion: Are you surprised, light mage?

S: I have a name, and that’s Shiori. Anyway yes, I’m surprised. What are you doing here?

G: Let’s say that I decided to redeem myself for my past mistakes… Shiori.

S: And how would you do that? By helping us, maybe? I thought you hated us. Or, to be more accurate, I thought you hated ME. Hehe.

wyV81x6.png

Yeah.... that IS a bit of a hinderance... Whatever! Can't we move past it?

G: And stop reading my emotions, that power is getting on my nerves.

S: This power of mine is the only reason why you’re still alive. I would have executed you on the spot if I had ‘seen’ malice in you.

HKQ4lvG.png

I DARE you. I double dare you, Muthafugga! Get malicious, one more goddamn time, I DARE YOU.

G: Nnnrgh… Grrrr… Damn!

S: … Relax, I was kidding! I know you’re telling the truth. Your reaction just now confirmed that.

G: Listen, you and I are not friends. You have your interests. I have mine. That’s all. And now… my only interest is to help that princess who spared my life. I may be a bandit, but I’m a man of honour. I always repay my debts.

S: Garion… this is fantastic!

G: What?

54zucAq.png

You tricky little....

Aw, I love you Shiori. What an unconventional lord.

G: Why, you little..!

plBrlrRl.png

Well. Garion hasn't changed. Now it's merely a matter of him or Cristoph...

You know, I'll let YOU guys decide.

sIosHY7l.png

STOP!

in the naaammme of love....

chjfROal.png

DK: Are you gathering your magic power in order to seal me again? You know it’s useless. You can’t restrain my power with yours alone. Well, feel free to waste your time while I finish my job down there.

K8aWKTrl.png

What? How did you.. eh. Plot magic.

S: Be careful everyone. Need I remind you that there are strong opponents there?

I4hh3pIl.png

Ughhhhh.... I forgot they poisoned! Look cool though.

F: … Okay, I’m almost done. Just a little more—Argh!! This pain… is distracting…

DK: Why are you that obstinate? Why won’t you let those fools die?

F: Because… they’re my friends.

vMcaPqVl.png

This is starting to sound like Kingdom Hearts up in here...

nate5.gif?w=1000

DK: Humans only use each other, just like I’m using you now. You needed their protection and their help, nothing else. There’s no friendship, nor empathy. Only selfish desire.

F: You’re wrong! What does a Demon like you even know about humans!?

cIHxy5B.png

OOH

Do you need some Aloe Vera for that 3rd-degree BURN?!

DK: You’re so narrow-minded, no different from a beast. Hah, my faithful dogs are probably better than you. I’ll show you.

F: Say whatever you want… Soon I..! Nngh!

S: What?! This time they’re different. Those presences are fast and savage. Our slower units should pay attention.

yAdmFaBl.png

Yup! It's these nasty buggers. They have 12 speed, so not a single unit of ours can double them.

qg7qvTwl.png

Andre uses a Lantern to show just how SCREWED we are. Those two guys are either side of the boss? They have silver axes. How considerate.

teJSNHxl.png

I don't... know... what it's doing. This animation always scares me... every time I think it's a crit. :/

1c9AaREl.png

Well, well Cristoph... You really wanna keep that spot, don't you?

RhPilzZ.png

*facepalm*

TgeMqA7.png

CATTLEYA. WHY CANT YOU BE MORE LIKE ANDRE?!

N4qc1MA.png

Menmus makes a good case for getting benched....

F: … Mpft.

DK: What’s so funny, my Vassal? Are you finally giving up?

UAQQZoz.png

NO FA. I need to train you to level 20... who else will tank physical units?!

DK: Now you’re reasoning… …mmh!?I t can’t be…! You…!

F: Heh… What’s wrong, Demon King? Why are you so surprised?

FtGQc8d.png

Oh. Oh no.

bLzMuGul.png

No no no no no no no no no

T02qMTu.png

No....

272.gif

F: It was the only thing I could do. After all, we’re still bound. This wound is also affecting you. Now rest in peace, Demon King. My magic will seal you once again.

DK: Nngh… Ah ah… Ahah AHAHAHAHAH! INTERESTING! But soon I’ll break free. And you won’t be here to stop me again.

DK: I refuse to leave the scene like this. With my last bit of consciousness….

WYpNNRI.png

You... dick....

FAAAAAAAAAA

White flashes. Lots of em.

S: What? No! What are those numbers!? There are monsters in every direction! This is bad… I fear we’re running short of time! Let’s move!

lXueFMal.pngFeXWXHHl.png

That's it. I'm done with you.

5jCDTUWl.png

Hey. You're still on my naughty list... still. You got strength....

a2uvpyVl.png

AH. TOO CLOSE

Frdx5qEl.pngPyFRCUJl.png

So close that I'm forced to use Hellios... Although this guy then goes after Shiori. Why?

6IbTeSSl.png

That's my Andre, now get some Defense!

WtNXRVRl.png

Oh, he also got this cool little thing. Who do you guys think deserves it right now?

SeEUUvHl.png

Garion takes some Poison for the team and gains his first level. It's not bad, I suppose. He got Res.

IG8n2gq.png

Cattleya again goes full Ninja against this boss..

qIR26KG.png

And Menmus fails to redeem himself.

y3gP5vql.png

yeeeesssssssss. Cattley is going to be a beast, I can just tell.

S: It’s strange… After that last huge wave, there weren’t any more. I don’t think this is a good sign. The scream from before seemed to come from this point. Let’s hurry!

zqk6JH9.pngbmVjmEW.png

Menmus (as the only unit that can reach her) saves Fa. It may be his last act on this team....

WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT

Next time... Lots of plot.

Whew. This is a really fun chapter, even if it does give you too many hints. I like those unbeatable enemies as a wall.. Normally the idea would be stupid, but here... here it works fine!

Here's Garion's Growths early, so that the decision is made better-informed.

Garion
HP 85
Pow 60
Skl 45
Spd 40
Luck 25
Def 38
Res 17
He's a clasic Axe user... except for his skl, which is uncharacterisitically high. He'll be a HUGE powerhouse, but probably really squishy and not very fast. If you get blessed, his speed should be alright. It's really just a question of WHICH ONE you want to use, and taking two axe users (plus Djambo) around with you is just not worth it.

Edited by MasterMcdanil