[FE11] All-Archer draft <3

mmKALLL

Welcome to my All-Archer draft! Since we all love ranged attacks so much, let's only use them, alright? <3

Drafting:
1. This draft is for 6 players.
2. Marth, Jeigan and Julian are free for all to use, while Nagi/Gotoh, Rickard, Bantu, Tiki, and Xane are banned.
3. The game will be played on H1.
4. Standard snake drafting.

Rules:
1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, visit houses, trade, meatshield and shop.
1.1. You take a 4 turn penalty if an undrafted unit enters combat in any other class than Mage/Sage/Curate/Cleric/Bishop/Dark Mage/Sorcerer after its joining chapter.
2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to equipping a weapon or opening chests/doors.
3. Gaiden chapters do not count towards the total turncount up to 20 turns taken.
4. Drafted characters may not equip any melee weapons after chapter 3.
4.1. Marth is allowed to equip weapons at all times.
5. You are allowed to have drafted units use tomes during chapters 6, 7 and 8 without incurring penalties.
6. You may not Seize the throne in Chapter 19 before Turn 5.
7. Recruitment of drafted characters is not mandatory.

Other:
1. Wi-Fi Shop is strictly prohibited.
2. You may not use loaner units.
3. Arenas are strictly forbidden.
4. Forging is allowed up to +-3 Mt, +-10 Hit, +-6 Crit and +-2 Wt.
5. There is a 17 turn penalty for using any staffs or tomes, and a special 86 turn penalty for using Warp.

Penalties:
1. Using undrafted units for actions which are not allowed for them in the rules have a 5 turn penalty, per unit per chapter.

Teams:
Integrity - Marth, Julian, Jagen, Barst, Midia, Castor, Catria, Palla, Est, Macellan, Arran - 257 turns
Clipsey - Marth, Julian, Jagen, Bord, Draug, Roshea, Beck, Jeorge, Tomas, Minerva, Maria - 217 turns
PKL - Marth, Julian, Jagen, Abel, Caeda, Caesar, Jake, Darros, Vyland, Ymir, Linde - 176 turns
Serious Bananas - Marth, Julian, Jagen, Wolf, Cord, Hardin, Athena, Gordin, Astram, Samson, Elice - 193 turns
13th - Marth, Julian, Jagen, Cain, Wendell, Merric, Roger, Horace, Wrys, Lorenz, Boah
The Spanish Inquisition - Marth, Julian, Jagen, Sedgar, Ogma, Nabarl, Radd, Matthis, Dolph, Lena, Etzel

[spoiler=units remaining]none

Yay! I'm probably not capable of playing myself, so I'll just act as a host unless the final spot filling takes forever. That also means that one more archer lover fits in <3 If I missed anything or something is unclear, please tell about it. Let's get started, then?

Edited by mmKALLL

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a fucking terrible idea and I am so in.

Integrity: Barst

Clipsey: Bord

PKL: Abel

Serious Bananas: Wolf

13th: Cain

The Spanish Inquisition:

[spoiler=bluh]Caeda

Gordin

Draug

Wrys

Ogma

Cord

Castor

Darros

Lena

Nabarl

Merric

Matthis

Hardin

Sedgar

Roshea

Vyland

Wendell

Athena

Caesar

Radd

Roger

Jeorge

Maria

Minerva

Linde

Jake

Midia

Dolph

Macellan

Tomas

Boah

Horace

Beck

Astram

Palla

Catria

Arran

Samson

Etzel

Est

Lorenz

Ymir

Elice

Edited by Integrity

This is so hilarious that I must join.

Also, problems/changes I foresee:

1. Generals and Warriors are probably as legitimate as Horsemen as Archerish units, given lack of melee weapons. Why not allow them w/o lances and axes, respectively?

2. You can only have so many archers. Do the rest of your units hide? Or are they considered undrafted?

3. Wait, why are Jake and Beck banned? Ballisticians are just long range archers, right?

4. The meatshielding rule discourages us from going to Gaiden chapters. Is this your intent?

5. Do we have to recruit drafted units?

Edited by The Spanish Inquisition

1. Generals and Warriors are probably as legitimate as Horsemen as Archerish units, given lack of melee weapons. Why not allow them w/o lances and axes, respectively?

2. You can only have so many archers. Do the rest of your units hide? Or are they considered undrafted?

3. Wait, why are Jake and Beck banned? Ballisticians are just long range archers, right?

4. The meatshielding rule discourages us from going to Gaiden chapters. Is this your intent?

1. YES

2. They aren't deployed?

3. YES.

4, 5. Fuck if I know, I'm just answering this for the sake of getting 100% completion.

I didn't foresee the class cap - there are five Archer/Sniper slots and four Hunter/Horseman slots. As we are drafting 13 characters, it would make sense to allow Warriors as long as they don't have any Axes equipped. Generals are too powerful for meatshielding, and this brings the total limit to 14, which is enough anyway. There aren't 9 Male B set characters available for everyone though - this can be gotten around by increasing the draftee limit or just leaving it there and have a leeway for mistakes and drafting strategy? (Considering anyone not Archer/Sniper/Hunter/Horseman/Warrior as undrafted)

Jake and Beck are, in my opinion, strong characters in this kind of a draft. It also balances the character amount so that everyone has 13 characters and nobody is left out. I guess that they could be allowed if we increased the player limit to 6, bringing the total character amount to 54 and 9 per player (which solves the class cap problem too). In fact, having six players over four would have lots of benefits, but I wonder whether H1 is painful to complete with these rules in that case?

You will have to plan a little to get to Gaidens, and maybe kill off your drafted characters for the later ones. I think that this promotes weighing the extra exp against the trouble of doing so, which in turn adds some more strategy. Or then it's just that I didn't think of gaidens that much, but thought that allowing meatshielding with anyone not named Marth is too easy.

Recruitment is not mandatory, I'll add that to the rules..

So the important questions are - whether or not to increase the player amount to six and if Warriors are allowed? I want input from you lot since I'm not playing. although I could be a sadistic dictator and just do that anyway, but meh

Edited by カルル

Increasing to six players is perfectly reasonable, and 9 units should be doable...

Also, to clarify, you mean Hunter/Horseman/Warrior slots right?

Drafting Jake or Beck are probably just as important as the Christmas Cavaliers/Sheeda/Barst (I think, maybe I'm wrong)

And I can't seem to find any mention of Jagen anywhere...

Edited by The Spanish Inquisition

Not allowing Generals is silly. :\ And you could always make the ballistae doods free.

Edited by Refa

So the important questions are - whether or not to increase the player amount to six and if Warriors are allowed? I want input from you lot since I'm not playing. although I could be a sadistic dictator and just do that anyway, but meh

Allow Warriors, idc about the player limit, and allow meatshielding. It's not like we can heal the meatshields :P

Just force meatshields to be Mages/DMages/Curates.

So, I count Integ, myself, 13th, Serious Bananas, and PKL.

I don't mind increasing # of players, PKL obviously wants # of players increased (so he can play), Serious Bananas wants player count increased, and Integ doesn't care one way or another.

Also, 13th wants to start drafting, so that makes 5 of us who want player count to be 6 (That said, we still need a 6th person).

カルル, do you mind updating the OP, including adding Jeigan?

Fine. I'm in. However, it's gonna be really hard to kill off the requisite units to get to the gaiden chapters unless something is done about that meatshielding rule (three of the four recruitable units are class B males, to boot). . .and this makes Chapter 12 impossible, period.

I'd make one of Rickard/Julian free for thieving, and maybe one of Jake/Beck (Arrowspate only, maybe?)

Sorry for the delay, I had a long day yesterday..

But I'm available every 10 minutes for whole of today! Hooray!

I modified the OP - please review the rules and see if there's something still missing. I added Jeigan, allowed meatshielding with mage classes, raised players to six, modified banned and allowed units - Jake and Beck are draftees while Julian is free, among other things.

You are allowed to have drafted characters in any class except Knight or General, but you may not equip melee weapons after chapter three. That should work fine, no?

After at least two players confirm that they have nothing to say to these, I shall randomize the drafting order and we may begin

Edited by カルル

Yep, more stuff.

1. The bosses for chapters 5-8 have annoyingly high defenses (remember that thrones give +2 DEF on top of the armor base defense), and you don't get a vulnerary refill until Chapter 8. Chapter 6 is even nicer, and doesn't have a single place for you to recover health (i.e. fort). For those chapters, I'd recommend allowing someone to be reclassed to a magical class so you can finish the game (and in the case of the Chapter 6 boss, you might need to allow tome forging, since I don't remember how much health he regenerates). Normally I'd say Rapier, but given the rest of the rules, you probably aren't gonna have enough of them by the time you get this far.

2. Chapter 12 is still impossible to complete without incurring a penalty. You'll need to allow meatshielding for undrafted characters in their original class for the map they are recruited on only. Otherwise, you take a penalty if anyone but Boah is hit.

3. Given these rules, someone who drafts characters that do not show up on the first three chapters can't complete this draft. While I'm hoping people aren't gonna be silly. . .

4. I'd allow Generals, because they will have problems keeping up, and good luck with an armored unit on Chapters 15 and 23 (and to a lesser extent, 16 and 19).

5. You might want to give this a shot just on Chapter 6. There's armored units all over the place, with mages and archers to ensure you take damage. Oh, and you'll need that Robe. . .

Wouldn't NM solve the armour problems? I would've put H3 but I thought it was far too tedious even if we love archers <3 Even with the +3 Mt from a forge (totalling 11 Mt from Steel Bow's base 8), would Chapter 6 be that difficult? You would have an around level 10-15 archer/hunter by then (unless you didn't plan well enough), which means around 10-13 STR.. You'd have at least 20 ATK, but yeah, the General has a base DEF of 14 - it would make things a little too difficult, I guess. Not to mention the ones in the following chapters - although there's a possibility for Gaiden inbetween.

Another thing would be to allow Marth equip weapons - Rapier wouldn't be enough? I was thinking of doing that originally too, but my sadistic side got the better of me. Then again, it seems like the better choice.

I've never thought of magic not being considered as a melee weapon. Although I suppose it isn't (but this isn't a Bows+Magic draft - Magic is banned highly discouraged).

I was trying to avoid being overly verbose with the rules, but I suppose I'll have to.. Thanks Eclipse. Seems they turned out not-quite-as-verbose-as-feared just with letting having Marth equip weapons

Edited by カルル

What about allowing Marth's starting Rapier to be used to exhaustion/until chapter (something bigger than 6)? He should still be able to tangle with the boss of C6 for a round with the levels he'll inevitably gain before reclassing.

The problem with the early bosses is that they're horrid defensive tanks, and the only source of healing are vulneraries. If this is H1, then you've only got a couple to last eight chapters. NM is a bit more lenient with things (and Marth should have quite a few levels to boot), but IIRC, Chapter 6's boss is something like a 2HKO on Marth. As for average draft levels and whatnot, keep in mind that anyone that isn't an archer will have 1-2 chapters to get 15ish shots in with a bow - I tend to reclass Matthis to Archer, and there's no way in hell he's wielding Steel by Chapter 6. Furthermore, this isn't FE12 - growth rates that aren't Roger's Luck stat tend to be on the low side. To give you an idea how low, Gaggles doesn't hit 10 Strength on average until he promotes at level 20, Caeda and Wrys are SOL, and Jagen isn't much better. Hunters have it slightly easier, but Cord's gonna need seven levels on average to hit 10 Strength (hopefully less if he downed a few Fighter levels), and Draug's gonna need eight. About the only person guaranteed to have the minimum Strength necessary to chip is Barst - he starts with 11 STR thanks to his manly bases.

The reason why I specified Chapter 8 as the cutoff point is because there's a rather obscure guy on Chapter 9 that gives you the Silver Bow. Given the number of enemies (hello Chapter 7 and your stupid reinforcements), I think one of your units should be able to wield it by the end of Chapter 9. Assuming a +2 forge, you will be doing a minimum of 19 damage with it (Silver Bow base + rank bonus + forge + archer base strength). The next big issue will be whether or not you'll be able to double with said bow, but there's a Master Seal on this map, and someone should be at promotion level by now. Promote the offender, and you WILL have enough to double. Oh, and there's another Silver Bow on this map, too.

While this is interesting, some thought needs to be put in on the earlier chapters, when you aren't gonna have the awesome weapons/ranks to take care of the bigger obstacles. Chapter 6 is horrid for a physical run; Chapter 13 kinda sucks for a magical one.