FE:if Hacking Topic

someonewhodied

does anyone have the values for the stat improvement items?

Values are posted on the following spreadsheet if you haven't already noticed

I made a spreadsheet with a little calculator on the side for my own use so I don't forget how some codes work after US release.

Thanks goes out to someonewhodied and VincentASM for all the information they've provided.

Bear in mind there are some name changes I made for the purpose of text fitting on my english-patched rom.

Anyways, you can find the spreadsheet here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bem9eu9IAEBm7d6PBZhtddDnDUnLpdoZ7ddenFSURmw/edit?usp=sharing

If the calculator isn't generating the correct results, let me know so I can fix it. Thanks.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this possible with Gateway? Sorry I'm not well versed with the hacking method but I have Gateway and a hex editor. I can follow instructiins if there's any..

thanks! XD

yeah its possible, however it requires a specific internet browser update from firmware 7. something. You use 3DNUS to download this update then open it on you 3ds. For more info look up 3DNUS tutorial

So, now I got the browser and tried the Awakening hack, gave my MU galeforce and it worked!

Is the hacking process the same with Awakening for Fates?

I just have to dump the fcram and look for blocks again?

Then create the qr code for the cheat?

Thanks! XD

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean.

Could you link to an example? : )

tumblr_nqqx44iILL1rczb28o3_400.pngtumblr_nqqx44iILL1rczb28o8_400.png

photo-17896.png?_r=1439867427

Sorry for my english, sometimes i wrote shit)

How the hell you get picture avatar from character in if and awakining? Sow someone do this)

Ahahaha, i read my post and dont get it what i wrote myself xD

Edited by ever17

I tried changing a cipher character to Kanna and it worked on my Mamui file but any character change I make in my Femui file, freezes. I did try adding 98 and subtracting 98 to the character pointer but neither works and causes the game to freeze.

Also, I don't know why even if I input the offset to a particular location it's always the first character who gets the changes, even if the offset used is from a character in the middle of the roster... :U

... T.T

Thanks to a lot of information and to Eckods, I was finally able to change a few characters.

Since it's always the first character who gets the changes, I just put the character I want to alter into the first slot.

However there was a time that someone in the middle got the changes. My Hinoka turned to Lucina so I had to do over again. I still have no idea why it is like that...

I'm still trying to figure things out. XD So happy!

post-17896-0-54797300-1439985890_thumb.jpg

post-17896-0-24255800-1439985911_thumb.jpg

Thanks to a lot of information and to Eckods, I was finally able to change a few characters.

Since it's always the first character who gets the changes, I just put the character I want to alter into the first slot.

However there was a time that someone in the middle got the changes. My Hinoka turned to Lucina so I had to do over again. I still have no idea why it is like that...

Wait, you add Robin and Lucina to If?

Would try to add characters too

It's replase 1st character to new one and change only portrait?

If we change pointer, we need change and class?

Do you not delete logbook pointer?

Edited by ever17

Wait, you add Robin and Lucina to If?

Would try to add characters too

It's replase 1st character to new one and change only portrait?

If we change pointer, we need change and class?

Do you not delete logbook pointer?

I don't use the logbook pointer, just the character pointer. I changed the class, added skills and weapon, then removed the shield icon to unmute them, though they still have no dialogues. But I think the original Amiibo has the shield icon. I saw players having them at their castle. You can follow Eckods' excel sheet.

Need help! I cant find start of char-block....

What do you use to find it? In awakening i use skill info to find it, but in if (look on picture that someone post here) it looks strange not like A6 00 45 00 35 00 00 00

My MU have skills

Unchang.: Mysterious Charm

Equipt.:

6A Noble Linage

1C Dragon Fang

What do you use to find it?

FACEPALM!!! I look on Skills and not equipped one....

Well, now i know what i do wrong xD

Edited by ever17

I know why it's like that! 3ds remember what she load in memory and if then you change places of 1st with someone character it would be change not first one, but character what was before in 1st place.

If you want change appear in first character, you need change places->save->exit->load game+save and can apply qr code

Edited by ever17

Has anyone looked at the actual game files yet to see if any interesting or unused files exist, or is everyone here preoccupied with RAM cheats?

I haven't checked absolutely everything and I haven't played the game to figure out what's used or not, but Anna, the upcoming DLC scrolls and Witch/Ballistician classes come to mind (but you probably knew about that).

Related to the above, there's this currently unused reward list:

1 Boots

5 Witch's Circle

7 Wing Shield

10 Divine Dragon Herb

15 Strength Drain

20 Ballista Turret

25 Paragon

30 Armour Shield

35 Luck Drain

40 Witch's Circle

45 Divine Dragin Herb

50 Magic Drain

60 Boots

70 Skill Drain

80 Ballista Turret

90 Beast Shield

100 Speed Drain

125 Attack and Guard Stance

150 Boots

175 Resistance Drain

200 Proximity Shot

250 Defence Drain

300 Boots

341 Bond Emblem

Also, there are signs Dragee and Nacht (the Adventurer and Revenant Knight bosses) were going to be playable characters, but axed in favour of Fuuga and maybe Asyura.

Plus some reserved spaces for additional DLC beyond the current seven.

I haven't checked absolutely everything and I haven't played the game to figure out what's used or not, but Anna, the upcoming DLC scrolls and Witch/Ballistician classes come to mind (but you probably knew about that).

Related to the above, there's this currently unused reward list:

1 Boots

5 Witch's Circle

7 Wing Shield

10 Divine Dragon Herb

15 Strength Drain

20 Ballista Turret

25 Paragon

30 Armour Shield

35 Luck Drain

40 Witch's Circle

45 Divine Dragin Herb

50 Magic Drain

60 Boots

70 Skill Drain

80 Ballista Turret

90 Beast Shield

100 Speed Drain

125 Attack and Guard Stance

150 Boots

175 Resistance Drain

200 Proximity Shot

250 Defence Drain

300 Boots

341 Bond Emblem

Also, there are signs Dragee and Nacht (the Adventurer and Revenant Knight bosses) were going to be playable characters, but axed in favour of Fuuga and maybe Asyura.

Plus some reserved spaces for additional DLC beyond the current seven.

Thanks for info!

And not 0x39 Flowing Strike, but 0x39 Flying Strike

Pls fix this in skills

And why in excel (i enter my main character offset) 08668E32 changed to 8,668E+35?

Choose text formal, now all normal)

I made a spreadsheet with a little calculator on the side for my own use so I don't forget how some codes work after US release.

Thanks goes out to someonewhodied and VincentASM for all the information they've provided.

Bear in mind there are some name changes I made for the purpose of text fitting on my english-patched rom.

Anyways, you can find the spreadsheet here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bem9eu9IAEBm7d6PBZhtddDnDUnLpdoZ7ddenFSURmw/edit?usp=sharing

If the calculator isn't generating the correct results, let me know so I can fix it. Thanks.

One more interesting thing that DLC character have two avatars like Marth

1 for dlc and second for amiibo character (in excel base amiibo characters avatar, but it don't have dlc avatar)

What team pointer mean? (when change it game freaze)

And why dlc characters don't have logbook? (00000000)

... Who have logbook pointer? I buy some characters in magic shop and they don't have it too... But they in logbook...

Edited by ever17

Thanks for the info Vincent! If I knew how to take a look as well as you guys do, I'd check it out myself. I completed Hoshido and Nohr so far and am half way through Invisible Kingdom, so something might stick out to me.

I wonder if it will be possible to give every character a unique recolor in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked at the character pointer to my MU, reversed it and added whatever Ike's ID was to the reversed value. Then I found the offset that held the character pointer for the generic unit and made the single line of code consisting of the offset and reversed value. The calculator in my spreadsheet should help make the process easier, at least I'd hope. Let me know if you're still having issues.

can you tell me more spesificly

cause i stil don't understand

first of all if i want to change my capture unit in jail to ike

shoul i hex edit my save or just use AR Code?

can you tell me more spesificly

cause i stil don't understand

first of all if i want to change my capture unit in jail to ike

shoul i hex edit my save or just use AR Code?

I haven't done that but I've changed several card characters. As long as you have the pointers needed, you'll be fine. Not sure about jail captures...

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if this Topic is active or not, but.

Can you give the Amiibo Units Hoshidan, and Nohrian Classes, and Skill Moves onto them, through RAM Hacking.

Nvrmind, found an answer for this question

And

Can this RAM Hack let's you marry Amiibo Units regardless of same-gender as Kamui in if/Fates.?

Edited by Tide of Waves

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this Topic is active or not, but.

Can you give the Amiibo Units Hoshidan, and Nohrian Classes, and Skill Moves onto them, through RAM Hacking.
Nvrmind, found an answer for this question

And

Can this RAM Hack let's you marry Amiibo Units regardless of same-gender as Kamui in if/Fates.?

I don't think that we can marry Amiibo Units yet, but in old my Awakenig file long ago to marry Lyn, I take a unit, keep the logbook pointer, but change the character pointer. This "worked" but it was hell. the unit said lyn and even had the portrait, but it look like the old character in battle. Did not save, too. Have no ideal if this works in if or not.

Edited by Elite Ninja London

• 1 month later...

I've just modified SciresM's FEAST to make it compatible with Fire Emblem: If / Fates. By removing file list check and adding a few lines of code, the modified program allows compression and decompression of a single save file. I've managed to change the money in my save.

Download: https://github.com/RainThunder/FEST/releases

Usage: Drag and drop a save file to the .exe file to compress / decompress. A decompressed save file must have "_dec" suffix.