Virion : Sniper or Bow Knight?

sumerian99

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should Virion be a Sniper or a Bow Knight?

• Sniper
    • Bow Knight

So yeah im currently at chapter 12 (or 11 dont remember). I've paired Virion with Sully. They have S rank and are very, very, VERY powerful together. Sully is a Paladin.

Virion is level 20.

Sniper : if he promotes to that class, does he get a special ability? I've searched on Serenes but they only list the weapons gained for each promotion (no new weapon for a Sniper). Sniper seems like a good choice considering it keeps specializing Virion on his original class (Archer) to make him even more effective with bows.

Bow Knight : Virion is a noble so you'd expect him to be on a horse, no? Bow Knight has increased mobility and gains the use of a sword. It's versatile, but not as specialized as a Sniper.

Your opinion my fellow comrades?

I have a more or less equal opinion on both of the class (ie I think they are both good for different reasons), but in my game I'm going to make him a Sniper because its fits him well and I already have 2 other Bow Knights in the works. I'm also OCD about having a fairly equal number of classes in my army (not too many or too little of a class compared to others).

Sniper, if only because male Bow Knights' pants look terrible.

Seriously though, I personally prefer Bow Knights because I like mobility. I think Snipers in this game are on par with your other non-mounted units though, so I guess it depends if you like horses or not.

Bow Knight because it fixes the two biggest problems I have with Archers:

1. Mobility: Less important now since Canto is gone, but still useful for getting in and out of range quickly.

2. A 1-range weapon: The benefits are obvious, not making the enemy phase always suck.

Granted, Snipers have much better skills. If I were to REALLY use Virion I would promote him to Sniper, grab Bowfaire, then reclass him to Bow Knight.

Edited by Chaplain Crimsonis

Well, I gotta say Sniper even though Accuracy+20 is in my list of "Skills that work better outside their Class" because a dedicated Longbow user is good at times (specially at higher dificulties) and with having a S-support he might rather help giving Sully's Counter-attacks an extra punch with his Bowfaire-powered Dual Strikes and his Pair Up bonuses.

Of course, in the hypothetical case of having his off-spring groomed into a flier class, Virion helps more with getting the Bow Knight's Bowbreaker as soon as possible...

Edited by AstraSage

I'd switch to Sniper first for Accuracy +20 and Bowfaire, and then when that's all said and done, reclass to Bow Knight after that. Though I'd probably put some of the Wyvern Rider skills on Virion before I switch him to Bow Knight. Accuracy +20, Bowfaire, Swordbreaker, Lancebreaker, and Quick Burn is what I'd probably go with. *shrugs*

I've never been able to promote an Archer to anything other than a Sniper and have it feel right.

Same. Though, for me, all non-horse riding units feel wrong when they promote to riding a horse. Lords included. <_<

Virion is the first archer you get and he has D rank bows, while everyone else starts at E bows. By the time you can reliably buy Second Seals Virion will more than likely have B or even A bows and may have classed up. Donny also cannot become an archer, only a bow knight after gaining levels as a mercenary (which is way better than fighter IMO).

Edited by Samias

Oh, I was under the impression that with a change seal you could make them any class (other than lord, manakete etc.)

How far into the game do you get access to change seals?

Is there a list somewhere of all characters and their possible classes?

Edited by Sw3Et

I'd go Bow Knight because I find the promotion gains to be superior. Extra speed and strength are always useful, and the massive HP gain offsets the smaller defense and resistance bonuses.

Oh, I was under the impression that with a change seal you could make them any class (other than lord, manakete etc.)

How far into the game do you get access to change seals?

Is there a list somewhere of all characters and their possible classes?

I think you can obtain them in Chapter 16 and Sidequests 6, 10, and 16. And you can buy them after completing Chapter 16. And here are the class sets.

http://www.serenesfo.../class_set.html

What are Virion's reclassing options? Cuz like, him being a myrm would rock my smallclothes.

His reclass options are Mage and Wyvern Rider.

And I prefer Snipers generally, but getting a Horsie and Swords seems pretty sweet~

Edited by Kon