Thousand Names Mafia Day 4

Randa

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I claim I'm right and that the Guide to Playing Mafia will explain to you why I'm right.

The guides you read might just be outdated with regards to the new SF meta. Self-voting has gone full circle from something usually considered scummy to something nobody does anymore unless they're doing it on purpose. Some players in SF (specially Shin) have self-voted in RVS in the past to help the game move on, since it baits people into voting them as well and some of those people who jump on the wagon may have SCUM INTENT on their minds when doing so.

No, I claim I'm right and that the Guide to Playing Mafia will explain to you why I'm right.

First, a guide to a subjective game can never be 100% right. The meta may change depending on where it is played and the people playing it. The best it can do is advise how to approach certain situations in general.

Second, Shin has done it as town before, and so have other people. That means your logic is flawed and it is not an indicative of scumminess from Shin's part.

Third, I think you jumped the gun when you concluded that Shin must be scum for voting himself.

Oh look, it's Master Belch from HBC. Will the guy with the Yusuke avatar return also?

(Yes, I am voting Excelen because painting a player's action in a bad way when it is not inherently scummy is scummy).

Really? So you're essentially voting me for not being up to speed with SF metagame? Or for me disagreeing with it?

Why do you even think I called him scum, or thought he was, when what I did was call him out on anti town behaviour(in my opinion)?

didn't expect to wake up to 3 pages oh wait Randa just didn't make a new thread for the game.

Rapier is silly. Don't like how Shin could've realposted in response to Excellen now that people have made serious posts, but instead kept the self-vote schtick going which is inherently unproductive.

##Vote: Shin

Vhaltz: do you have thoughts on game state to add or just game theory?

Hahaha my rolepm says I'm a miller but the opening psot says noting about items. Anyone got wheat, or is it flour I need? Isn't flour what you get from miling wheat? So many questions, too drunk to answer them all. For now I will:

##Vote: Vhaltz

for not advancing the gamestate and pointing out the reaction test instead of just letting people react to it.

##Vote: Vhaltz

don't like how he commented on Shin's self-vote with talk about how someone on his case might have SCUM-INTENT without specifying whether or not he believed Excellen had scum intent or what exactly he thinks about the Shin selfvote. never mind he also possibly botched a reaction test ooooooO

Shin's behavior as it stands right now is null to me, I'll see how he reacts to Excellen/Vhaltz and to the Prims vote.

Rapier what to you mean by "take the obvious bait"? that implies that you're not really confident w/ your Excellen vote.

Hahaha my rolepm says I'm a miller but the opening psot says noting about items. Anyone got wheat, or is it flour I need? Isn't flour what you get from miling wheat? So many questions, too drunk to answer them all.

did Randa put a baker in a forum mafia set-up

Okay then.

Note to everyone, my vote on Shin is as serious as a vote near the start of the game can be. YOLO voting is not a town thing to do, and neither is self voting.

I don't like this: Your vote is as serious as a vote near the start of the game (aka RVS or non-serious votes?) but then you turn around and try to explain your vote away what?

##Vote: Excellent Browning please explain yourself wrt that.

While I don't like Shin's self-vote and continuing to play/joke around, that feels like his meta/playing style in itself so I wouldn't find it inherently scummy. Also, I doubt scum would draw so much attention to themselves with a self-vote and posting like this so early in the game, so I think Shin is town.

Players voting Shin should explain why they think he is scum as opposed to town as well as explain why Shin would take these actions as scum.

Vhaltz: do you have thoughts on game state to add or just game theory?

Well we can't load or save states so Dolphin probably is a better emulator.

Looking out for Rapier's next posts because his justification for his vote is poor, and looking out for Paper's next posts because Rapier had already explained why he was keeping his vote despite my already explaining the meta dissonance, and I don't see his question making any difference or going anywhere.

Don't particularly think anybody is more likely scum than not. Excellen read mildly town in their indignation which is why I explained the theory to stop them from digging themselves a grave.

the fuck are these cuts

XBAX

Vhaltz, why not vote Rapier/Paper if you think their lines of attack are poor? Why are their lines of attack poor but not scummy enough for a vote in RVS?

While I don't like Shin's self-vote and continuing to play/joke around, that feels like his meta/playing style in itself so I wouldn't find it inherently scummy. Also, I doubt scum would draw so much attention to themselves with a self-vote and posting like this so early in the game, so I think Shin is town.

Players voting Shin should explain why they think he is scum as opposed to town as well as explain why Shin would take these actions as scum.

town!Shin has incentive to hunt scum and Shin is not hunting scum when he could be. Shin's meta isn't enough for me to not press him for a serious post.

Your Excellen case is misinterpreting his post but I'll let him get to that.

I claim town.

yeah I'm willing to accept Shin's play is kinda just what he does until I see more from him, I have a hard time reading Shin fwiw though.

don't really know what I have in terms of gutreads yet, I'm feeling kinda weird about Rapier and even though Prims's vote on Shin is for a sound reason Prims is also kinda bothering me too but in the latter case I feel like it's because my brain wants me to think I kinda know Shin's meta which is stupid because I likely don't.