Hyper Ballad of the Seven Seas of I Wanna Be Rocket Man 2: Carry On Wayward Sail Away with Push it to the Final Stairway to Danger Zone Deluxe Edition

riariadne

Or Everyone is Mafia Mafia: Rein Edition. But that lacks style.

I don't know how many people actually want another of these but the answer is apparently "some". So here's a shot. Give feedback on the rules if you'd like. Seems SB's game has no trouble with signups- naturally there are gimmicks, this is a game I am hosting after all. This game will not start until at least the weekend, and that is quite unlikely.

Rules:

1) Outside contact is allowed, naturally. Please invite me to SF conversations. If you want to give me irc logs/ invite me to skype conversations I am interested in reading them, but those ones are not required.

2) No talking if you're dead

3) No screenshots

4) Actions are locked in when I declare a phase ended.

5) Night 1 is 48 hours, Night 2 and on 24 hours.

6) Don't be an asshole

Mechanics:

1) This game features hitpoints. How many the average player has I will not tell at this time. Some players will have more, some less, depending on their role. If your HP is 0 you die.

2) This is an EiMM game, so everyone has a kill. Power on this may vary.

3) This game features street justice, shamelessly stolen from some Smogon game. Every player will have a shared action in addition to their kill to respond to their role PM "Night X: Enacting Street Justice on ALIAS." The alias with the most votes at the end of the night will take unpreventable damage equal to all of their HP and thus die. This feature will vanish after there are 8 or less players (number up in the air).

4) Items will probably exist.

5) This game has aliases. You will submit one if you sign up.

6) All players are on the player list.

7) If you don't submit any night actions, your kill will target yourself and you will vote yourself for Street Justice. Your other actions will be idled.

8) No self targeting unless told otherwise, such as via rule 4.

9) You win if you are one of the last 3 (number subject to change) players alive.

10) If your role PM contradicts anything, your role PM is right excluding rule 3.

How to Play:

1) Post in thread you are signing up.

2) PM me a character, and an alias. If you think I won't know the character, feel free to give me a short description of who they are. Roles will be derived from this. That said, don't think providing a tough character means you'll be super durable! I have the right to use creative liberties. I reserve the right to not accept your character or alias.

3) Signups are capped at 30. I don't want to bother with more and I'm sure nobody cares to try and talk to more than that. If I get more than 30 they will be randomized, as in basically every game I have ever hosted within at least three years.

Signups:

1) SB

2) Blitz

3) Izuhark

4) Xinnidy

5) Tristei

6) Nightmare

7) Hannah

8) Paperblade

9) MancerNecro

10) BBM

11) Chen

12) Kinumi

13) Crysta

14) Elieson

15) Excellen (?)

16) Prims

17) Makaze

18) Monde

19) Febro

20) AnonymousSpeed

21) Polydeuces

22) Refa

23) zerosabers

24) Relick

25) Faerie Knight

26) Euklyd

27) African American

28) kirsche

29) Yari

Edited by Reinfleche

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

count me in.

that sound really funny but is it really mafia ? Because if their is no factions it's more a survival game with mechanics from mafia. (i totally understand anyway that it's on the mafia forum for convinience reason)

Edit : ah and does the character need to be from an already existing fictonial piece or can i make him up from nothing ?

Edited by Izhuark

Question for a mafia noob, is this complicated at all? Would someone who doesn't have much experience or knowledge with it have fun?

Question for a mafia noob, is this complicated at all? Would someone who doesn't have much experience or knowledge with it have fun?

no complications whatsoever, just have fun!

yep it's not meant to be taken seriously

Is there a general date of when the game's going to start? I want to join, but idk if I have the time to do so within next week due to surgery + academics

it depends how much time you wanna put in. if you just join and submit your actions and dont contact anyone, you will inevitably die n1. if you ally with other players youll likely live a couple of nights until they form new alliances and stab you in the back.

ill join if you dont get to 30

Edited by Belisarius

Is there a general date of when the game's going to start? I want to join, but idk if I have the time to do so within next week due to surgery + academics

No idea. Saturday at the earliest and that's quite unlikely.

Also I edited a sentence in the OP I forgot to complete when making the signup post.

Also some people who signed up have not sent alias/character.

Edited by Reinfleche

this game looks like it'll be a clusterfuck

do like

/in

EDIT: will need some time to think of a character/alias lol

Edited by Crysta

in

Joining, on the condition that the two of you make nice