Rate the Unit, Day 10: Ward

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Ratings for characters should always assume the gameplay route YOU judge them best on. If I see "doesn't exist in sacae" ANYWHERE in your rating for Juno I will be very cross and will probably throw out your vote out of spite.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

AVERAGES

Bors: 1.14

Wolt: 2.16

Merlinus: 3.53

Roy: 3.54

Lot: 5.40

Ellen: 5.73

Dieck: 7.94

Alan: 8.52

Lance: 8.59

Marcus: 8.77

okay i learnt my lesson don't ask you guys for subtitles because you're horrible at it

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why thank you~!

Anyways, Ward... Ugh... He already is kinda wonky in terms of hits; yet he has meh durabiliy and is slower than a snail... WTF?!

He'd be nice for a support bot but not gonna happen! So my verdict?

He's got a lot of Strength, but that's pretty much it. Low skill and axes don't mix well, and he's not getting 10 speed before promotion. Enjoy being doubled by everyone and their grandma! Still he's free for the early chapters, so I guess he's not all bad.

2/10

A true fighter with fighter syndrom.

Axes with low hit. No durability. Slow.

Not sure if I "hit" this one on target though.

He deserves a 2 for being free so early in the game. Then you can put him side, where it's ok for him to miss things like his partner.

Oh this guy. He can't hit anything for shit, and even against lances it's 50/50.

He can cause severe headaches for enemy units, but his inaccuracy is his ultimate downfall. Plus he gets doubled by so many things, and never will double anything himself, and it will only get worse as time goes on.

Worse than Wolt.

15%.

4+1/10

Sexy, good supports but has lopsided stats.

Not really sure why everyone is complaining about his skill, though, since there were no such complaints for Lot who generally has worse hit rates past earlygame, and unlike Ward, lacks the strength to take advantage of bows in lategame.

Added a bias point.

Edited by Anouleth

He's a lot (no pun intended) worse than Lot. A more typical GBA growth fighter in an environment that is intensely unforgiving to that class. He's got STR and HP, yes, and plenty of it. But basically no SPD (not good in FE6 HM, not good at all), poor DEF, and effectively nonexistent RES (1.85 average at 20/20? Hahahahaha). His SKL growth is okay but did I mention he has a base of 3? Yeah, that's not good with Axes in this game. That's "can't hit shit." His support is okay, but it's Fire which is just more offense he doesn't want, and you can't get SPD out of supports. It does at least give him the Hit he so desperately needs, and supports from Lot or Dieck could shore him up defensively. Again though, they can't prevent him from being doubled.

2/10. At least Lot has some potential if he gets lucky at the end of his early usefulness. Ward has roughly similar early usefulness (though he risks being doubled in short order), but no potential.

While Lot can mostly escape the fate of being doubled, poor Ward have no such luxuries. All he has is a buttload of str and hp and not much else going on. Including brains. After C3 he's pretty much deadweight.

2/10

I like Ward.

Too bad he's a scrub with bad skill and speed.

But he hits hard when he does.

Which is rarely.

2+1/10

3/10

I like Fighters, but all Wards bass have are high str/hp.

He does have a nice support list, skl growth, and his promo gains are epic.

But still, he's not really the best option to train outside of casual.

Still, having this many good support options and such is nice.

I'll give him a 5/10

Barte is the same as Ward w/o all the earlygame mediocre parts.

2/10, where as Lot can keep up with his tanky defense growth (one of the highest in the game) Ward... can't, he has a lot of strength, but so does Gonzales, and the latter gets HM bonuses. Still he's free during a Lancefest so there ya go.

Trades 1 base Str over Lot for just about nothing else. His Skl will eventually get somewhere but his Spd won't. Lot already has trouble justifying use outside of his forced period, Ward doesn't have a chance in hell.

3/10

Raven pretty much stole my analysis.

Ward is the shittier of the two fighters, simply because his SPD is so slow he is doubled by practically everything AND he's less tanky than Lott even if he didn't. It's not rare early-game for Ward to attack, miss, and then be doubled and nearly ORKO'd (or actually ORKO'd) by an enemy. He's worse than Wolt, because you can TRAIN Wolt safely and make him half-decent, whereas Ward is near impossible to train AND still sucks if you do. I find him eerily like Bors, except with slightly more MOV, which means he can actually get to the enemy if you're desperate for a little extra offense, which can happen somewhat often in LTC; however, Bors gets an extra free chapter, so they get roughly the same score.

1/10

1.5/10. While he has good supports, 'tis a shame he won't be around to take advantage thanks to being a typical GBA fighter in an environment that's unforgiving to such (and a game where fighters are subpar units), and he's slower than a Magcargo going up a hill. Also... *MISS!* gets old really really quickly.

Edited by Metal King Slime

In a game where doubling and evasion are king, its hard to justify a combat only unit that lacks either. He is proof that speed is the most important stat. It's so important that even though Ward has plenty of the other two most important stats (strength and hp, in that order) he still manages to be quite bad.

It's either him or Geese for worst axe-locked combat unit, though the distinction probably belongs to Ward.

In a game where doubling and evasion are king, its hard to justify a combat only unit that lacks either.

Actually, Ward has competent evasion due to access to axes and full avoid supports. Ward can easily reduce enemies to low hit rates even in midgame. It's a testament to how inaccurate enemies are that a character with 20% speed growth can be a potential avoid tank.

It's either him or Geese for worst axe-locked combat unit, though the distinction probably belongs to Ward.

Ward is not locked to axes.

Ward, Lot's friend with no personality.

Pros:

Early game target practice/chip damage.

Cons:

lol.

Hit rate/skill is in the toilet.

really bad speed.

meh.

Oh look, the return of super shitty units. This guy is like, a non-entity. He might as well not exist. Hes like nearly that pointless. Dude cant hit the broad side of a barn...like ever. He makes Bartre from FE7 look more inviting. I just...dont see a use for Ward. Save for maybe his weapons. Lot is better. He has better bases and junk. Why bother with Ward?

2/10