Who is/are your guilty pleasure character(s) in Fire Emblem?

Honestly I love using Maribelle in Awakening and I don't know why.

In Fates I use Felicia even though she has almost no redeeming qualities and is overall terrible.

Felicia's great early on. She's a promoted unit that levels as though she isn't and has a level cap of 40. Being a healer Jeigan means she's not "stealing" your XP by using her.

Although, I always have Jakob, first, but I assume you have a male Corrin.

FE7:
If she counts, Serra. Although I hear that some people dislike her I find her to be one of FE7's more iconic and memorable characters.

Karla & Barte, I like them and idc if they suck.

FE8:
I enjoy Gilliam's design much more than Franz, Kyle, or Forde but since he's a knight he's overshadowed by them.

I also really enjoy L'Arachel's dynamic relationship with Dozla, and Rennac.
Lastly my lower tiered favorite is Syrene, I like both her name and design.

FE9-10:
I LOVE the Dawn Brigade (team) in general but in particular Fiona and Meg. Fiona's design is very nice, as someone previously mentioned.

Vika, Tormod, and Muarim. Although Vika's character isn't explored much because she's a victim of FE10's lack of newcomer writing.
I have a weak spot for Calill, Astrid, Marcia, and Makalov. Their interactions are some of the best in my opinion. Calill is like the scolding mother to Makalov and Marcia has to set him straight, meanwhile Astrid is way too sweet to him.

FE-Awakening:
Maribelle & Lissa- I find their designs pretty and even though i'm not a big fan of Awakening I like them a lot, in particular Maribelle.
Anna- I've always wondered about the suspend girl and her lore so it was nice to see Awakening told a little more about her.

FE-Fates:
Arthur- He reminds me of the generic bad guys of FE5 and sometimes I find him amusing.

Charlotte- I just like her a lot even though her design clashes so much with itself.

Edited by Sweet_Basil

A ton of characters from FE6, Wolt and Cecilia especially. The former is always my endgame user of Murgleis, and I've used the latter a couple of times during Normal mode runs, because I like them both so much as characters.

Continuing on from Wolt, most earlygame archers, especially those with green hair. Gordin and his amazing defense have never done me wrong in Shadow Dragon or New Mystery.

There are probably more, but I can't think of any at the moment.

I use pretty much every character in Blazing Sword from time to time, so any character in that that that's considered "guilty pleasure" would go on my list.

Brom is another one, I prefer him over the other Tellius armored units. I also use Oliver and Geoffrey every now and then.

Tomas is another one, and Maria. I know they aren't great, but I like using them.

I'm not quite sure what would constitute a guilty pleasure unit in Awakening...I use most of them.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

Rolf and Edward in RD.
I just really love their looks and personality, and they were one of my strongest units in my playthrough. Idk if I was RNG-lucky with them but yeah, people keep saying they have terrible stats and that other characters are better than 'em, but in the end, I enjoyed using them.

Edited by BeMine96

I've only gone through fire emblem 12 once (doing my second run right now) and I can already see Wrys is going to be one of my guilty pleasure character. He's amazing and has the best support combo in the series, in my humble opinion. Just... c'mon.

13614945_963601257089863_158774615202440

Best support in the game. I am, indeed, glad I took him with me (and bent the game in ways it was never intended to be in order to make him worthwhile). Even if he can't fight, but he can heal.

Other than him, I'd say my other guilty pleasure character would be Raigh. I just love him, his support with Hugh is pure gold, and him being the only good Druid in FE6 (yes, yes, I know, Niime, but Niime's a utility staffbot, while Raigh's the only one with potential to have great combat capabilities), which is one of my favourite classes in fire emblem, makes him a must in everyone of my FE6 playthroughs.

FE6: Lilina, Completely overkill(which is what I like about her) overall Lugh is better. I just love Lilina x Roy

FE7: promoting Sain in LHM, most people don't like to do this, but Sain ends up capping strength for me anyways.

FE9: Astrid, i like me some nomads, Astrid is basically that, though on harder difficulties, I never touch her.

FE10: Mia, people always prefer Edward over her. I like Mia's character better and she always turns out better than Edward on my play through of RD

FE13: Never using Donnel, I hate Donnel almost as much as I hate awakening (though for some reason I like fates), a pain in the neck to recruit and a pain in the neck to train. And when it comes to endgame, he ends up with the same stats as most other heroes, just that he reaches capped stats gayer than anyone else.

FE14: Kagero, she has good strength and speed and is a ninja, she has low defenses, but she just kills any schmuck unlucky enough to fight her or anyone she's dual attacking with. She's also the only waifu in fates that I actually like. Her personality's adorable, and she's hot.

Edited by Valkarian

in fe13 i use Sumia a lot, since i love her and for some reason cordy doesn't turn out spectacular when i get her (i still use her too though - pegasus knights for the win)

in fe8 i use lute a lot too - even though her personality can be aggravating sometimes, her design is cute and she's turning out okay. i use her over artur um

i use rhajat in fe14 irregardless of her mother, too. i don't know why, she just seems to be powerful when i get her and i'll take a powerful unit any day haha.

I love almost each aerial unit and great myrmidons / swordmasters like Lakche, Mareeta, Rutger or Mia.

FE10: Mia, people always prefer Edward over her.

That's really an uncommon opinion.

Edward is hard to train in hard mode.
It's rather the case that people tend to prefer Zihark over Edward because of earth affinity and bases.

Mia is the easiest to train of the myrmidons / swordmasters since she's part of the strongest group.

Pff, I don't feel guilty about any of my faves. But if we're talking about not so popular or not top tier characters:

6: Raigh, Zeiss, and yes our boy Roy

7: Serra, Nino

8: Knoll, Ewan

9/10: Rolf, Sigrun, Edward, Nolan

11: Maria

13: Maribelle

14: Hinata, Odin, Orochi, Charlotte

Edited by Book Bro

Erk. I learned recently that not many use him. Me, he was one of my best in my first playthrough and has continued to be an amazing ally

Same, I don't care who beats him, I always use him. x]

I use Ricken instead of Miriel in Awakening too--he may be on the obnoxious side, but I find him cute.

Pretty much every "trainee"-type unit (Ross, Amelia, Ewan, Donnel, Mozu), for starters.

I like using Roger and Radd in Shadow Dragon even though I'm fully aware that they're not good.

I also did a Shadow Dragon run where I ended up with a generic replacement character (Quatro) who I poured probably way more effort and favoritism into than warranted.

I've never seriously played through Radiant Dawn at all, due mainly to the fact that my disc doesn't work anymore (it locks up every time it loads a battle scene or anything in that display mode, which means there's no way to get past Part 1 due to Micaiah's scripted promotion), but if I did, I feel like I'd go out of my way to use Meg and Fiona because I love their designs.

does blasting through DLC maps and other people's StreetPass teams/My Castles with overpowered StreetPass/SpotPass units count

In Path of Radiance, I always make an effort to train up Rolf despite him generally only making it to being roughly on-par with Shinon at the same level for way more effort. I don't know how good Mist and Rhys are considered to be, but I also use both of them.

I've tried training Wendy mainly because she's the only Knight in the game whose design I actually like, despite the fact that she's so mediocre.

Also Sophia, because she's the only female Dark magic user until Tharja and I like her battle and map sprites.

Pretty much every Est.

Not sure if he counts, but Cord usually ends up with a place on my team in Shadow Dragon; I tend to make him a Dark Mage a lot of the time, though.

I've used Roshea a few times, in different classes. His growths are so weird; I have no idea what sort of role he's supposed to fill. (He's like, HP/Strength/Skill-oriented or something? I kind of feel like he wants to be a Knight)

Edited by Topaz Light

Roshea is complicated. He wants to fight as a Cavalier, but gain levels as an Archer. If he gets his Speed procs, he's a terror on a horse. If he doesn't, he'll be able to fall back to Sniper, which takes advantage of his Strength/Speed.

This works up to H3.

Bastian, everyone seems to hate the guy, but I loved using him. He really wasn't that bad imo.

Nyx, same boat as Bastian really. Everyone says she is terrible in revelations, but I made her quite powerful. Thanks to the grinding that can be done, it lets me use the characters I want with a bit of work.

Aran. Everyone loves using Nephenee, but I enjoyed Aran more because I liked his armor design/color better.

Legault. Most people say Matthew's better since you have him for longer so you can premote him quicker, but I've never thought about using him or a thief until Legault came. He's usually always endgame for me, and I will always regret killing him off in my first playthrough just to beat Battle Before Dawn.

If there's an Est, chance are I'll use it.

Legault. Most people say Matthew's better since you have him for longer so you can premote him quicker, but I've never thought about using him or a thief until Legault came. He's usually always endgame for me, and I will always regret killing him off in my first playthrough just to beat Battle Before Dawn.

Legault is great, yeah.

FE6 : My only playthrough so far had Wendy, Sophia and Dorothy (Even if I also trained Sue and Shin), and Lillina on Endgame.

FE7 : Not sure if Nino counts. I trained her to max level (With Afa Drops boosts. Who else would use it anyway?) every single time.

Also, her story ois basically Conquest!Corrin, but she takes it far better. Damn this girl is impressive.

Lowen : Awesome harcut. Awesoem Colour scheme. Awesome character.

Rebecca : You're only archer in a while anyway.

FE8 : The Trainees (Rooss, Ewan, Amelia). ANd Amelia will always be a General, obviously.

FE14 : Mozu. The new Nino for me, because how emotionnally strong she is (Everyone she knows died in front of her in the zombie apocalypse.).

Arthur. He's just a great character.

FE6: If I ever get back to it, Dorothy is gonna be my guilty pleasure. I think her plain look is cute and I like her palette.

FE7: Isadora. She's fucking pretty and has a nice palette. I just can't not use her.

FE8: Syrene. Same as Isadora.

FE13: War Cleric Maribelle and Lissa. I love the War Cleric designs(Maribelle looks the best).

FE14: Kana in all of them. It may not count, but since Morgan was way better and a lot of people don't like Kana I'd thought it'll make sense. Also her personality kinda grew on me tbh. I honestly don't want to make a Femui cause Female Kana is just so lovable. Dwyer is also a possible guilty pleasure cause he's way more likeable than his douche of a father as well as entertaining on his own account.

It's been a while since I played, but I don't think I've ever not used Nino in FE7.

I also always train up Fir at least a little in FE6 even though I know Rutger is better.

Oh yeah, Echida and Fir from FE6 were guilty pleasures too. In fact, all the girls that weren't intended romances for the main character or played a super huge role, excluding Eirika cause she's best female lord, I've used as guilty pleasures in all of the FE GBA games. I used Marisa over Josuha, Serra over Lucius, Natasha over Moulder, Amelia over all of the other paladins excluding her fuck buddy franz, Lyn more than any of the three lords, Dorothy over Wolt, was gonna use Cath over Chad and the purple haired guy(forgot his name), Echida over Dieke, though I still used Dieke, Sue over Shin even though Shin got crits for days, Isadora over Marcus and any Paladin that's not Sain, Vaida over Heath, and even after all of the things that was said about Sophia, I'd still think I prioritize her over Raigh, and I fucking love Raigh.

The only females that didn't get this treatment was Lilina, because speed and skill, where art thou? Wendy, because lol Binding Blade knights. And Elan, because she's the most meh cleric in the history of the GBA games.

I must really have a thing for 2D woman, huh.