Rate the Unit, Day 5: Rhys

PKL

Given that there is a lot of BEXP in this game and stealth BEXP is relatively easy to get given there are a million guides out there to get it- this is not quite right. Even without Steath BEXP there is no shortage of BEXP. I also used a team of ~12 and managed to get Tormod to a good level in time for when he needs to start Sieging.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, I suppose. At any rate, IMHO, there are better uses for BEXP than an underleveled mage who doesn't stand out nearly enough from the other mages to really be worth it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd be surprised how much 2 move can make one stand out.

True, but that's about the only real reason Tormod has in his defense... =/ Also, it's not like that'll enable him to replace Mist, especially if healing is as useless as people love to claim it is...

Only Boron's saying Tormod should be a viable healer. He's good for the occasional heal here and there but I'm stating he's a utility unit that launches a Meteor, Bolting, or Blizzard often because he can reach the end of the map faster. He is also more durable than the other mages (and, to be relevant to this thread, much better than Rhys in this department) and can take ~3 enemies before going down unlike the others. His offense and defense are generally a decent enough ways above that of the other magic-users that, yes, Tormod is something special when you give him BEXP.

Only Boron's saying Tormod should be a viable healer. He's good for the occasional heal here and there but I'm stating he's a utility unit that launches a Meteor, Bolting, or Blizzard often because he can reach the end of the map faster. He is also more durable than the other mages (and, to be relevant to this thread, much better than Rhys in this department) and can take ~3 enemies before going down unlike the others. His offense and defense are generally a decent enough ways above that of the other magic-users that, yes, Tormod is something special when you give him BEXP.

Alright. Though I have reservations about him being able to use Bolting or Blizzard in a timely manner considering his ranks for thunder and wind default to D (when promoted).

Edited by Metal King Slime

I hate to bump this topic back up, but I think you're misunderstanding me. I know that Tormod is lauded for his siege tome attacking and additional two move. My point in healing is that unlike the previous FEs where you can skip large parts of the map with Warp and there are quite a bit of status staves, PoR doesn't have Warp and there's really only two chapters where status staves are at all a significant problem. So you can pretty much hand any of the mages a simple heal staff and say, "Healer." And as for the Rescue staff, none of the mages are touching it in efficient play. That's Elincia and Mist's job. Unlike Mist, though, Elincia doesn't have to be raised to use it at base. (Rhys isn't touching Rescue either because his move sucks.)