Character viability impressions (gameplay spoilers)

XeKr

Strength Seal from Weapon Master might be useful.

Strength seal is one of those skills that's 100x more useful in enemy hands than player hands. Think FE13 counter.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strength seal is one of those skills that's 100x more useful in enemy hands than player hands. Think FE13 counter.

The seals in general are anyway.

On the other hand, in my opinion, Guard Stance is 100x more useful in player hands than enemy hands, so it's "fair"

Probably since the player can transition freely to and from Guard Stance, and many of the enemy Guard Stances are stationary.

don't forget players will actually build up that gauge. most of the time, enemies will die before that.

The seals in general are anyway.

On the other hand, in my opinion, Guard Stance is 100x more useful in player hands than enemy hands, so it's "fair"

Speed and defense/res seal work on bosses so they are significantly more useful. An enemy made easier to kill is better than an enemy that'll do less damage to you. Strength seal is pretty much the only one that only the enemies benefit from.

I freely confess to not having played the game yet, but surely there must be SOME occasion where Strength Seal can prove useful, especially on a support character whom you're not anticipating will kill their target? Neutering an enemy who got past your frontliners so you don't have to worry about them killing someone on the enemy turn, perhaps, or helping to feed a weak unit by dulling the teeth of their opponent? Weakening an enemy you thought would be killed this turn but the killing blow missed? I dunno, I'm sure there are many more useful skills floating about, but it doesn't seem USELESS.

I freely confess to not having played the game yet, but surely there must be SOME occasion where Strength Seal can prove useful, especially on a support character whom you're not anticipating will kill their target? Neutering an enemy who got past your frontliners so you don't have to worry about them killing someone on the enemy turn, perhaps, or helping to feed a weak unit by dulling the teeth of their opponent? Weakening an enemy you thought would be killed this turn but the killing blow missed? I dunno, I'm sure there are many more useful skills floating about, but it doesn't seem USELESS.

it's definitely not useless. it's better to have it than not have it. it's just more useful for the enemy since your it'll affect your units for multiple turns while the enemy will die within a turn. so while you wouldn't mind having it, you wouldn't mind replacing it, in general. the most useful target would be, again, the Boss of the map