Favorite Character?

Twisted Assassin

I have an unrepentant ninja bias. At first I liked Suzukaze best, but now my love for Saizou and Kagerou have vastly grown. I absolutely adore them- Saizou has so many good supports and Kagerou is both badass and adorable.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an unrepentant ninja bias. At first I liked Suzukaze best, but now my love for Saizou and Kagerou have vastly grown. I absolutely adore them- Saizou has so many good supports and Kagerou is both badass and adorable.

Good to know I'm not the only one with a sinful ninja bias :p

Good to know I'm not the only one with a sinful ninja bias :p

What's wrong with having a ninja bias? Ninjas are a really cool class. And the Assassin class has been giving off a ninja vibe from the very start so it all works out well!

Pretty much all for some combination of design, plot dialogue, and support dialogue...

Females: Camilla, Hinoka, Sakura, Nyx, Pieri, and Nohr!Kamui

Males: Marx, Suzukaze, Zero, Harold, Tsubaki, and Hinata

I also kiiiinda want to put Aqua on this list, but her dialogue can be hit or miss for me.

Edited by blinkingbrave

I can't say for sure since I haven't played any, but I have predetermined who I think will be my favorites. I'm really happy with a lot of the guy characters (I liked a lot in Awakening too so I'm glad that hasn't changed). For the girls, there are a few who seem cool, at least. Much more than Awakening where I liked pretty much none of them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guys (My fave types seem to fall under: "boring nice guy friend" [read: Stahl], "cliche, of course you picked him guy" [read: Chrom], and "the bad boy, aloof dude who's really caring deep down" [read: Lon'qu]; and even the jokester (especially if he has orange hair as they often do! (ie: Hikaru/Kaoru; The Flash)--in terms of FE [read: Gaius]. It sounds like I like all characters (lol) but really I can't go for the mean/in charge ones or the little boy lolita ones. Or the girly ones.

1. Silas (I love that he was your best friend. I always fall for those cliche best friend turned boyfriend/husband storylines. Also, he reminds me the most of Stahl (my fave from Awakening).

2. Kaze (Even though the secondary main character is a female this time (Azura/Aqua), I feel like the most obvious choice/equivalent of Chrom is Kaze (again I haven't played it so I could be dead wrong. I like his sense of loyalty and his overall appearance).

Honorable mentions:
Takumi (I've been hearing good things about him and I like his appearance);

Jakob (I liked him a lot earlier in the year, but didn't as much after his name was changed (Joker was a cool name!). I once
again fell for the best friend/loyal servant trope falling in love with the good friend);

Flannel (cute and cute personality)

Saizou, Subaki, Xander, and Leo interest me, but probably not much farther than as cool characters. Not near the top, but seem cool.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For the girls (feel more "meh" about them but better options than Awakening imo). I don't like any of them more for much than their character design, but hopefully their personalities shine when I actually play the game.

Nyx; Kagerou; Setsuna; Yuugiri; Crimson;

For the children (I don't include them in the potential partners list ever cause I still feel a little weird about romancing them, but to each his/her own. I was a big fan of Gerome in Awakening and in some later play through will probably end up romancing him). The children seem pretty cool for Fates, so I'm glad.

Shinonome; Hisame; Siegbert; Ophelia; Eponine;

Edited by kisooni

Saizou, Asyura and Izana. EDIT: Also Tsukuyomi.

I'm not too keen on any of the females, sorry...

Wait..weren't you that guy that voted for Mitama in the official japanese popularity poll every day? I thought for sure you really liked her.

I know he gets a lot of hate, but I really like Jakob (Joker was a cooler name, though). I mean, it's implied he tutored his son in martial combat prior to their support and all, and Sea did challenge Jakob directly for his job (which is what keeps him close to Kamui, pretty much all he cares about), and Jakob didn't come from a coddled environment where he would even know how to act like a permissible parent (not that I can justify his behavior, lol). I think his assery is genuinely funny (as I judge characters more as funny tropes than actual people). I think his dedication to Kamui is sweet, even if he's not my favorite ship for Kamui. I also really like his design.

I expected Zero as a character to disappoint me when I first read his profile (something about a sadistic thief, and I immediately assumed he'd just be creepy and torture people and all that, which may be true - but he's surprisingly flirty and surprisingly endearing). He has consistently good supports, as well. (And RPing him on Gamefaqs for so long has also made me like him more. :p)

I know he gets a lot of hate, but I really like Jakob (Joker was a cooler name, though). I mean, it's implied he tutored his son in martial combat prior to their support and all, and Sea did challenge Jakob directly for his job (which is what keeps him close to Kamui, pretty much all he cares about), and Jakob didn't come from a coddled environment where he would even know how to act like a permissible parent (not that I can justify his behavior, lol). I think his assery is genuinely funny (as I judge characters more as funny tropes than actual people). I think his dedication to Kamui is sweet, even if he's not my favorite ship for Kamui. I also really like his design.

I expected Zero as a character to disappoint me when I first read his profile (something about a sadistic thief, and I immediately assumed he'd just be creepy and torture people and all that, which may be true - but he's surprisingly flirty and surprisingly endearing). He has consistently good supports, as well. (And RPing him on Gamefaqs for so long has also made me like him more. :p)

I love those two (and your rp of Zero on gamefaqs).

With Jakob, I can understand why he turned out the way he did. He's had a miserable life and the only father figure he had was Gunter, who doesn't sound like he was as gentle with Jakob as he was with Kamui. My theory on why he's so rough with Dia is that he's mirroring how Gunter might've treated him as he grew up.

Jakob does care about the boy. He shows concern for Dia's safety, brings Dia things he wants, and taught him how to protect himself. And while he's certainly a jerk to the other characters, he does seem to care about them as well. To the point that in several of his supports, the other character will comment about he's actually a kind person.

I also love his sass, too. His supports are hilarious to me. There are so many nice and pleasant characters in the game. I don't see any harm in having a couple with a bit of attitude.

Sorry for rambling on... It's rare to find another Jakob fan.

Edited by Sir Freddy Bear