This is where Mercakete posts her art! :3

Mercakete

*stumbles into the art thread* Nya-aaaaa!!! Erg! *balances* Un... Um, hello! :sweatdrop: Aheh... Mm. Right. Welcome to my art thread! ^_^ Um... Stating the obvious, I know, but... This is where I'm going to show all of you my art. I may post old art (I am so glad I've improved since then!) and my newer works! I'll try to post the date(s) at which the art was made per piece so you can get a more accurate read with your critiques. Please don't be overly-harsh - I like compliments! ^_^ But don't just give me fluff either. :/ I'm trying to improve, so pointing out what I need to work on is helpful. ^_^ I use more than one medium, so there will hopefully be a large variety of types of pictures in here with different types of mediums! Comics, original characters, group scenes, fanart... Even generic stuff! As for mediums, I use mainly a mechanical pencil, an eraser and paper in my sketchbook. However, I'm not sure how often I'll be able to upload those since our scanner isn't very good. :/ I MSPaint, too, and have used other mediums in the past. So, I hope you enjoy this gallery! ^_^

Okay! First picture!

Beau1.png

This is Beau! He's one of my characters for Snowy's rp: Lord of Azure Flame. He's going to be introduced into the story fairly soon. I made this picture entirely on MSPaint and actually shaded! I don't normally shade.

Beau is a 13-year-old priest (class-wise) and the son of Duke Bellmire. He's fairly arrogant and likes to show off his status. His favorite colors are purple and gold (high-class colors; go figure).

Okay, I know the hands are kind of funky and I did my best on the shading (I hope I got the values right! I have trouble with that...). The sash that goes over his shoulders loops around his waist and its so long that the ends of it hang out from under the part where it wraps around his waist! So, it's not a cape or anything and that's where the parts that go over his shoulders go. I got lazy on the shadow under him but again, tried to make the values match up.

9/28/10, 9/29/10

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. ^_^ Those tips actually helped.

He's 13 so he's going to have a proportionally larger head, but maybe I should try refining that a bit.

And yeah, hands are harder for me on MSPaint.

Haha! Yeah, planning on making more. I'm glad you want to see more of my art! ^_^

Next new piece will most likely be of my other character, Tas. Either that or annother of Beau just to show more of how his outfit works.

Until my scanner's better or something, the new art are all going to be MSPainted.

Old art time!

(Testing this whole "spoiler tag" thing (never learned how to do this, but it reduces space...). Maybe the code's like this...? Yay! It worked!)

Wyvern6_finished.png

Okay, this is something I made in 3DmodelingAndAnimation class in 2009 (I think). I don't have the program to make any more 3D art, so this will be the only one I post.

This is a wyvern (partially based on FE9 wyverns, partially based on FE8 wyverns (wyvern knight, wyvern rider. The ones without forearms)).

This took around 2 weeks to make, I think (including class time and home time).

Medium: 3DsMAX2009

Edited by Mercakete

Alright, new art, just finished today! ^_^ Chose not to shade so much on this one. She's a valkyrie and again, an original character. And yes, she does have a medeum-long skirt. Its just kind of rolled up for riding. And yeah, she kinda looks plains-tirbe-ish. :/ Might incorperate that into her character just because she turned out like that. :Lyn:

valkyrie2.png

Edited by Mercakete

Your artwork is very interesting.

I agree that Beau's head might be a little on the large side. The eyes also seem big to me, even compared to a lot of anime.

Raechel lookes good, I really like the horse. Only thing is the thing coming out of her elbow...is it a staff? Looks a little off.

Yeah, it's the end of her staff. She's holding it like this. (this was a few-second MSPainting - not meant to look good.)

hand.png

Thanks. :) Maybe it's because it took so much dang freak time. Also, because it's 3D and I tried to make it look awesome (you can't see the detailing on the horns, but they're each twisted slightly and differently)

• 2 weeks later...

Still no Tas pics. However! This is Raemond. He's annother OC: a monk. Again, no shading to speak of.

Monk3.png

Wow, your stuff is amazing for MSPaint. Although, something that somewhat disturbs me, I guess, is the horse's face from the Troubadour picture. A horse's face is less square, and with rounder eyes. I suppose that's just your style, but still. And Raechel's forehead seem to be sticking out. Perhaps, make it a bit more oval? I don't know.

Wow, that wyvern is great. You must have a lot of patience.

[spoiler=You can actually do a lot on MS paint]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk2sPl_Z7ZU

The person who made that is a professional though IIRC, so they're still very good. Excellent, in fact. Keep it up :)

... I feel like I'm pressuring people whenever I tell them to keep up the good work like it's an order or something.

Thanks. And no, you're not pressuring me, so no worries. ^_^

And yeah, my style is a little odd, I guess. XD But actually, it's more I accent the eye-dent.

There's one little thing about the facial structures at certain angles that bother me, but other wise, this is very good, especially for MS paint (and for the record, that Mona Lisa on MSpaint vid is crazy. I might be able to replicate that on PHOTOSHOP in about 15 times the time that took while powered by caffeine and lots of angry restarts) and the 3D Wyvern is pretty awesome.

Do you use a mouse or a tablet?

Oh right, I promised I'd say things about the horse...

It's mostly a proportions thing. The head's a little small, and the lengths of the leg bones are off. I should like... draw tutorial on that some more... eventually... The joints are also a little off, regarding how the horse is moving.

I mouse, using MSPaint tools. (I love the bend and fill-bucket tools <3)

And I'm glad everyone likes my wyvern so much. :)

There's one little thing about the facial structures at certain angles that bother me, but other wise, this is very good, especially for MS paint (and for the record, that Mona Lisa on MSpaint vid is crazy. I might be able to replicate that on PHOTOSHOP in about 15 times the time that took while powered by caffeine and lots of angry restarts) and the 3D Wyvern is pretty awesome.

Has also been done:

[spoiler=awesome.jpg]

Mouse is very good. i remember when I used to make stuff like this. It failed miserably though I did manage to make a pretty cool battle sprite like once, and it was a recolor. So um. *claps*

Mouse is very good. i remember when I used to make stuff like this. It failed miserably though I did manage to make a pretty cool battle sprite like once, and it was a recolor. So um. *claps*

*bows*

Thank you. ^_^ I really appreciate the compliments.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally! Okay, here's a picture of Tas, Namid, the 3 eggs (I admit I might've drawn them a smidge too small) and the hatchling. Yay.

Tas4.png