Should I use Illyana?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends what type of run you are doing...

Personally though, I have used Ilyana quite a bit in my playthroughs. She can turn out great and you will also have a Rexbolt User! She is harder to use when you are playing on harder difficulties but i managed to use her in Hard Mode...

It is your choice though...

The real question is: do you WANT to use her? Because if you want to use a character, there are ways to make them usable. When I feel like using Ilyana, I just BEXP abuse a few points of speed so that she doesn't fall behind. So, really, do you want to use her?

Do you want to use her?

If so, then use her. Honestly, unless you're trying to be a LTC player, you should be able to use every character fine unless you get horribly screwed (but that's not the characters fault).

In EM/NM she's easier to use

Even then, she requires a bit too much love and probably nearly all your speedwings. Funny how i have the patience to train Fiona but dont give two shits about Ilyana...

Edited by Florina

Even then, she requires a bit too much love and probably nearly all your speedwings. Funny how i have the patience to train Fiona but dont give two shits about Ilyana...

Really? I think I've capped her speed in every playthrough (3, one on each mode) and she's never gotten a speedwing or reset abuse....Granted she has a +spd transfer, but that's all bexp abuse in fe9. Bexp to 99 + first turn reset abuse would cover an extra 2 points if I felt like it so still no speedwing.

.Granted she has a +spd transfer, but that's all bexp abuse in fe9. Bexp to 99 + first turn reset abuse would cover an extra 2 points if I felt like it so still no speedwing.

lol thats probably why. I had a pretty good Ilyana transfer and one run, she ended up almost identical to her PoR self. (Read: not useless and actually contributing.) So its kinda hit or miss. Like i said, she really likes having transfers.

Depends what type of run you are doing...

Personally though, I have used Ilyana quite a bit in my playthroughs. She can turn out great and you will also have a Rexbolt User! She is harder to use when you are playing on harder difficulties but i managed to use her in Hard Mode...

It is your choice though...

Pretty much sums my thoughs about Ilyana. I suppose she can take an early promotion and resolve to kill armours if you didn't get thani

Hey that is quite possible in an HM draft...

Should I use Illyana?

Out of bias yes.

She is pretty awesome when trained properly (you know, maybe some battle save abuse but mostly capping her good stats early on and bexping her for speed lvl ups). She is mostly for normal mode though.

also if you train her, you get to use that awesome rexbolt. :awesome:

so like

does this mean that training any unit is worth it to you

If he wants to use that unit, then yes. If he doesn't, then no. He should pick the units he wants to use, not the ones that you consider to be the 'best'.

If he wants to use that unit, then yes. If he doesn't, then no. He should pick the units he wants to use, not the ones that you consider to be the 'best'.

He's asking for a reason however. Dondon isn't out of place in saying that ilyana is bad. He's merely saying that the effort put into her is not worth it. Which might be what TC wants to know. If he wanted to use her, just to use her, he probably wouldn't be asking.

Edited by SlayerX

how do you mean?

He means, "if a unit is tough to train, they are worth it in the end", as in "a" refers to any unit.

Which is kinda incorrect.