Alpha Beta Soup***Serenes Fighter: Turbo Ultra Mega Ultimate Edition X Unleashed The Sequel /2

Princess Peachar

Been spriting for a while. It's been a loooooong journey of hard work, blood, sweat, tears, and late night Taco Bell runs. I'm becoming content (kinda) with my progress but the journey is still not over...and...uh...yeah. That's my history.

edward.pngleonardo.pngmichaiah.png
These are kinda old...but I thought I'd put them up anyways (should really go back and fix them).

kyle.pnglarachel.pngtana.png
These are for a side project kinda (that anyone who is interested and has some skill) that is just planned to revamp/fix FE8 mugs.

And that's it for now.

Edited by Princess Peachar

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Tana is gorgeous. Makes her look much more attractive than before and I'm a flaming homosexual

L'Arachel's angle looks odd, though. I think the hair and head aren't on the same angle. The hair looks to be the same angle as it was originally, but the head angle changed. But yay, you fixed her neck! Kyle's eyes look a little discolored but otherwise it's good. if he looked like that in vanilla I would consider using him over Forde

Yes I definitely agree, I love what you did with their hair.

And I also agree that the angles are kinda weird... The eyes on Edward look kinda as if they were positioned for a head that's like looking straight, while they probably should look tilted just like the head. The positioning of them shows more that the head is tilted, but there's still the way the eyes themselves are facing. Although it looks like just the eye to our right is the only one that has this problem.

For Leonardo's eyes, I think the eye on the left might look a little close to the nose compared to the distance that the right eye is from the nose. Idk if that's really it but just looking at the eyes it seems like something is off, at least...

For Micaiah, idk if they look too tall, or something. I'm sorry that I can't really pinpoint the problem that I see in these =_=

The left eye on L'arachel looks like, vertically, it is too straight and not tilted like the head and the other eye.

Besides that, I don't have anything to add for the other two.

Ohohohohoho, it's Chaaaaaaaaaaar!

Noice stuff as always =3.

Uhhh... biggest quirk with these mugs would be the eyes. But I usually don't like most eyes in people's mugs.

Tana is definitely my favorite, becuase dat hair =o.

...you should post some of your older/other stuff man.

Daaayum.

Loving the FE8 revamps.

My main problem is Kyle. I think he looks good but not a whole lot like his artwork(which is what you were going for I assume). I think the hair doesn't look like it is coming from the proper place and the eyes look a bit too dark and looking in the wrong direction. Obviously the actual FE8 sprite's hair is like that but I think that if you're going for the artwork then you could change the hair a bit on him.

I think L'Arachel is my favourite of them. I do, however, think her hair could be a wee bit lighter. I also think that the angle of her body is a bit off(both from the head and artwork). The only other thing is I think you should make her sleeves a little more distinguishable from her body. Something about her mouth looks a bit strange too... I am not sure what though because it is made well and it seems to be at a proper angle.

Tana is probably the best done. My only problem is her eyes don't really look like Tana(perhaps it is the angle of them?) and the top of the trim(the spikes) on her right pauldron(opv) looks a little funky.

But overall they are absolutely gorgeous! Well done. :)

Edited by eCut

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

@Tana: I'm pretty happy with how she is. Glad y'all agree. eCut, those eyes were a pain. As long as they weren't the nasty bug eyes they were on Tana v1.0. lol

As for the other stuff, yeah. The FE10 mugs are oooooold. Like...I almost wanna revamp them but I'm too lazy and preoccupied with other work lol. The FE8 ones...not too happy with Kyle. Maybe I'll get the urge to fix him later. I agree with eCut on the hair...but I don't have the balls to do curly hair yet. lol. L'Arachel...I'm happy with how she has turned out...but there is something that is wonky somewhere. She is much more Genki and closer to her OA, but yeah. Still something wonky going on there.

I didn't wanna reply until I had something productive to post...but, alas, I have like random WIPs not even worthy of being posted. lol cause they are ugly

michaiah.png----->micaiah2.png

Felt like fixing her up. She is much cuter now and not o__ O staring into your soul. Still not happy with some parts of her, but I can say it's much better.

Also...

[spoiler=Display only. Do not touch.]affinityedit.png

Fire, Thunder, Ice, Wind, Earth, Light, Dark

NOTE:

Before anybody says, "OMG DARK LOOKS TOO MUCH LIKE DARK BREATH," It was intentional. 8B

Edited by uMAD

affinityedit.png

It doesn't feel like there's real contrast between the icons and the gray platter beneath them. Like for the thunder, at times it's hard to tell what's a mass of pixels and what's a design.

Then again, I'm comparing them to the Oracle of XX Zelda games, which have delightfully-stark contrasts ._.

• 1 month later...

Yay green hair~

blehhhhh too much work trying to find things off in your sprites lol

kcZD.png

If anything, this looks too simple compared to the rest of the sprite's design and shading

but that's about it :P

@ Seph: Glad you like the green hair! I was really pushing saturation levels on that hair as an experiment. I think it came out pretty good. I also agree on the capelet. I didn't even touch most of that girl's body...I got very frustrated with it. I was already frustrated with that ugly hair. haha

@Oct: Yeah. It's that saturation experiment that got it. If you mean specifically the armor, that blue is flat. 8B

@Yosh: kloP.png That better? I kinda liked the bright eye better

loljk about in the hour. Got distracted talking with Aeo. Love it! lol Anyways. Here you go.

edward.pngkAx9.png

Old---->New

I can't believe it has been since Nov 6, 2010 that I made that original Eddie. About damn time I revamped it. 8B

Edited by uMAD