Bloodlines (2.4)

ghast

WIP

Known Bugs/Important Notes-

Spoiler

-DO NOT USE YOUR OLD V1.4 SAVE FILE. IT WON'T DISPLAY THE MAGIC STAT CORRECTLY.

-Probably the most important glitch is the Bram Magic Glitch, where after a level up, bram's magic gain will shoot to like 255. And will immediately cap magic. This for some reason only seems to affect Bram and no one else.

If you run into this (the likelihood seems to be rare), the best possible solution I have is to use the rewind feature in VBA (ctrl+b) and get to point before his level up and hope that it doesn't happen a second time. If that doesn't stop his level from going crazy, try rewinding and closing VBA and reopening it. If THAT doesn't work, try closing VBA and restarting the chapter. If none of these things work, then I've got nothing.

• The female shaman class's disarmed animation CRASHES THE GAME, DO NOT DISARM NILOU.
  • If you try to skip a riddle cutscene, the game may hang. You'll need to hit restart to get out of it.
  •  hitting B to skip cutscenes might merge a bunch of cutscenes together at times, so if you press B, just expect that it could happen.
  •  Chapter 5 can sometimes have its music feature get muted by some events, this seems to be random. If the music shuts itself out, then talk to the music guy again to restart the music.
  •  Chapter 5's Cryptic Note events are known to fail after collecting all 5 notes. Its just an Easter Egg, though. You can try restarting the chapter and acquiring the notes again. A second try may help.
  •  Due to the GBA's memory limitations, if you restart or suspend/resume in chapter 5, it will cause some NPC's to vanish from the map. So just save state instead. No one really suspend/resumes anyways these days!
  •  Redahli and Neville do not have Miss animations because of technical limitations. Additionally, Neville doesn't have a critical hit animation either.
  •  There currently isn't an animation for Kylah, Sirens.
  •  Purple and Green Units will not fight each other.
  •  Do not trade items to Caravels as they will not stay with your party.
  • Hitting B after moving the Movement Arrow anywhere with the caravels may cause a small graphical glitch (square tiles that look like rainbows)
  • Siren Song negates criticals.
  • Narbid's ranged "miss animation" still has a hit sound.
  • JR's promotion to a Nomadic Trooper enables him to use Lances. (He isn't supposed to be able to use them)
  • Djuron characters cannot promote yet.

:::Credits:::

Spoiler

Writing
Ghast

Eventing
Ghast

Custom Hacking-
Tequila, Brendor, Zane Avernathy, Circles Everywhere, Lord Reyson, Camtech
Artwork

Portraits
Ghast, Solaris, Nih, Sqawl, Gabriel Knight, Nickt, Lenh, General Ciraxis, Esme, Coby The Kid, Matt Snow, Celice, Toa, L95, Aeorys
CG's
Ghast, Solaris, Inkwells.Split
Maps
Ghast, Matt Snow, Sqawl, Primefusion
Music
Sqawl, Siuloir, MageknightPacifica, Lawproto
Animations
Ghast, Sqawl, Smirks, Nih

Proofreading
Tequila, Sqawl, Solaris, Augustein

Beta Testing
Sqawl, Matt Snow, Gabriel Knight, Siuloir, Orange Scarlet, Nih, Tequila, MageknightPacifica, MarkyJoe1990, John Cooper, Zahlman, Inkwells.split, Augustein, broly_tkd, blofeld, ErrantShephard, Tchyrimi, InvdrZim13, Zahlman

Special Thanks
Huge shoutouts to my core team who have rolled with me since 1.0,
I friggin' love these dudes! Alusq, Solaris, Orange Scarlet, Gabriel Knight and Matt Snow.
---
Alusq, for always being there to help me whenever I had to ask for a favor and never asking anything in return.
He's been da real mvp.

Solaris, for his continued role major sprite contributor and CG artist. Always was up for the challenge to sprite my requests.

Primefusion,for being a willing friend to help me get over countless hacking obstacles.

Tequila, for amping up his role from proofreader to Hacking Wizard and creating the Fire Emblem 7 Str/Mag Split, as well as helping me debug the ROM when it broke and being super supportive throughout the development of 2.0.

Nih,for offering to revamp a lot of my bad portraits and buffing the art quality of the hack x100.

Siuloir,for the continued encouragement way back when.

Mangs for offering me profound feedback to help me improve the hack.

Mr. Entinen.for his excellent story writing help.

Blazer, for inspiring me to jump start my project and helping me with hacking.

Icytoast, Hextator, Zahlman, Nintenlord, Blazer, CedarNyx, Arch and the other hackers who paved the way for Fire Emblem hacking. Whether it was making nightmare modules, or ASM, or programs; thank you! you guys are the greatest for making this all possible!

#ThomasCole (I forgot this reference)

Thanks for playing and supporting the hack! Please enjoy!

Hopefully nothing breaks?
Have fun!

Edited by ghast

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

desmod and zaviel, father and son who are at each other's throats

original the plot/characters

do not steal

Oh right I forgot fe7's plot had a dog in it.

I really like that dog. It's cute.

But why does the tooth only have 50 uses? What happens when it breaks? Poor dog.

I tried that and it didn't become a weapon anymore lol still learning

Evil demon dog rips people's throats out

my kinda game!

Looks interesting, I'll be following this.

thanks!

early game bandit chapter?

0/10 wouldn't play

Ah shit, giving up

can the dog die without getting a game over? i would love that hack.

that's animal abuse are you kidding

Edited by GhastStation

Bram's base stats are:

18 HP

6 STR

5 SKL

7 SPD

5 LUK

5 DEF

1 RES (?)

Aeshix has:

7 mt, 80 hit, 20 crit, 1 range. Probably effective against Horses and Armour.

How'd I do :P?

Also following this. Really digging the dog.

I tried that and it didn't become a weapon anymore lol still learning

I believe you can just set the max uses to 0 and it should become unlimited... possibly... maybe worth a try at least :P?

Edited by Tables

This became instantly awesome just because of the dog. I hope he gets chances to sharpen his teeth though; 11 Mt (probably) won't cut it for too long. However, in his character description, you misspelled 'jubilant'. It's also a kind of weird adjective to use?

Bram's portrait looks cool.

... That isn't an acceptable defence. And you didn't actually deny you were just using the Elibe characters and misspelling their names... ?

The dog, incidentally, has a shit sprite and a mug that doesn't fit established FE sprite style - neither does your main character, by the way, who is hindered by being shit generally. And it's spelt 'jubilant'.

Desmod isn't a name.

Edited by Parrhesia

so i have two characters named efram and erica who are siblings and are chased out of their kingdom by an invading nation on a dragon

original the characters do not steal they have a dragon rite?

... That isn't an acceptable defence. And you didn't actually deny you were just using the Elibe characters and misspelling their names... ?

The dog, incidentally, has a shit sprite and a worse mug. And it's spelt 'jubilant'.

It was a joke, I don't need to defend anything. I took the N out of desmond, sue me. But Zaviel was honestly a coincidence though, I wanted to have something similar to Zavilla, as hard as that is to believe. As for the plot, despite having nothing completely set in stone, is a little inspired from FE7, but certainly not some copy/paste. But you can go ahead and try to argue this with me, its not like I know what the plot is in my own project or anything.

edit: I guess I am defending aren't I XD owell

As for Dewey, opinions are opinions.

Jubilant is an easy fix, but thanks to those who pointed it out!

The title made me think of Castlevania. :U

never actually played Castlevania hahaha, I was thinking FE: Bloodlines or Lineage, or something similar to that.

so i have two characters named efram and erica who are siblings and are chased out of their kingdom by an invading nation on a dragon

original the characters do not steal they have a dragon rite?

whatever floats your boat lol

Any significance to the three 'Zav-' names?

Yeah, Modesta, Zaviel and Zava are names off Desmod and Zavilla. In terms of 'Zav' I thought it sounded royal-ish at the time, it was the best thing I could come up with. I actually thought of Zavilla first, I was like, what sounds evil? And I joking said "Ze villain" then bango.

I just googled Zav out of curiosity, Wikipedia made me lol irl XD

Edited by GhastStation

It was a joke, I don't need to defend anything. I took the N out of desmond, sue me. But Zaviel was honestly a coincidence though, I wanted to have something similar to Zavilla, as hard as that is to believe. As for the plot, despite having nothing completely set in stone, is a little inspired from FE7, but certainly not some copy/paste. But you can go ahead and try to argue this with me, its not like I know what the plot is in my own project or anything.

edit: I guess I am defending aren't I XD owell

As for Dewey, opinions are opinions.

Yeah, Modesta, Zaviel and Zava are names off Desmod and Zavilla. In terms of 'Zav' I thought it sounded royal-ish at the time, it was the best thing I could come up with. I actually thought of Zavilla first, I was like, what sounds evil? And I joking said "Ze villain" then bango.

Yeah but Desmod sounds really fucking stupid. Look up some actual names. Pick real-world naming conventions, work on those. Do you want them to have a Byzantine feel, then look up Greek names, or whatever.

Similar note, if you want royal-sounding names, look up some fucking monarchs. You won't find the reign of Zav IV anywhere. It just sounds like Gav, but misspelt. Gavin isn't a regal name. Henry, Edward, Louis and Wilhelm are.

'Zavilla'. 'The villain'. Jesus christ, you aren't fucking subtle, are you. You're treating your own project as a fucking joke.

The story does seem like its slightly edited from the desmond/zephiel arc, but i dont see a problem with reusing or editing already existing names. It certainly wouldn't be the first hack to do so. As for the hack itself, the first chapter looks promising, we'll just have to see where things go if it gets further. Im definitely interested in this.

desmod and zaviel, father and son who are at each other's throats

original the plot/characters

do not steal

But no really, this hack looks nice.

Edited by The JOJ

'Zavilla'. 'The villain'. Jesus christ, you aren't fucking subtle, are you. You're treating your own project as a fucking joke.

Mate, one of the main characters is a dog. Settle down.