FEE3 2014

Arch

Damn, I totally forgot that I'm the guy who's supposed to orgaize this. It's that time of year again, with actual E3 just around the corner.

For anybody submitting a playable demo for an LPer: Patch by August 1st.

For people submitting their own video content: All media by August 12th.

Show dates: August 15th-17th.

For those of you not in the know, for the last three years we've been putting on an "E3 for hackers and fangames," FEE3. It was originally inspired by the near-lack of FE13 at 2011's E3. Team OVERTROLL originally agreed to put on the show in the event FE13 didn't appear at E3 this year. We'd just come off the heels of FE12 (the first Japanese-exclusive game in years), and, when the game failed to appear in Nintendo's handheld press conference, it seemed like another year would go by without good news for the series' western fans. We quickly agreed to pursue FEE3, "the E3 that FE fans have been waiting for." The idea was to highlight fangames due to the lack of western attention for the series, displaying the works of our community to a larger audience. Funnily enough, minutes after posting the FEE3 2011 topic, FE13 was accidentally confirmed by Reggie. However, we decided to hold the event regardless. The last two years we've continued the tradition, and hopefully this will mark the fourth.

Depending on how much attention there is for this it could take either two forms: the traditional FEE3 experience with a host channel posting up a video for each submission, or an abridged "Fire Emblem Direct" (or hell, both with the direct serving as a compilation of the event). We need two things, basically: hack submissions (trailers, demos, interviews, etc) and LPers for playable demos.

[b]Project Name[/b]:
[b]Base Engine[/b]: 
[b]Creator[/b]:
[b]Submitting[/b]:
So I guess I'll make the first submissions, then.

Project Name: Elibeian KNights

Base Engine: FE7

Creator: Arch

Submitting: Final public release.

Project Name: It's a secret to everyone...

Base Engine: FEXNA

Creator: Arch

Submitting: Interview/project reveal.

Who's down?

Returning Veterans:

• Elibian Nights
  • Dream of Five
  • Project 76
  • Origin of Creation
  • Eternal Bond
  • Death or Glory
  • Crossover Hack 2.0
  • Exalted Legacy
  • The Road to Ruin
New Projects:
  • Project Fire Shell
  • Shatterlight
  • Inheritance of Ash
  • Fractured Realms
  • FE4Online
  • Clash of Fates
  • Fire Emblem: Radiant Ruby
  • Project Nope
  • Fire Emblem: Bloodlines
  • Fire Emblem: Nemesis
  • Fire Emblem: Discord
  • Binding Blade and the Demon Dragon
  • Roguelike Emblem
  • FE7 Chaos Mode
Edited by Arch

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, some dude and I were just discussing whether this was going to be a thing again

I'll be blunt, I personally think the execution needs a lot of work but I doubt anyone's willing to put in the time or effort needed to make an awesome event

and I can't really complain since I'm not doing anything (though I'd be willing to set up a section of FES that people can edit and upload project pages to and use as storage if anyone finds that useful, I've got lots of free space and you're essentially getting free advertising)

Edited by Trails in the Blaze

lol, some dude and I were just discussing whether this was going to be a thing again

I'll be blunt, I personally think the execution needs a lot of work but I doubt anyone's willing to put in the time or effort needed to make an awesome event

and I can't really complain since I'm not doing anything (though I'd be willing to set up a section of FES that people can edit and upload project pages to and use as storage if anyone finds that useful, I've got lots of free space and you're essentially getting free advertising)

PM me or skype message or whatever your critiques and we'll talk. If we're doing it a fourth time, let's make it legit I suppose.

Edited by Arch

Ummm I don't see any dates, do you have something like a timeline or when the submissions should stop etc.? Well that happened.

Fire Emblem: Bloodlines

FE7
Ghaststation
First Release

Awesome.

Edited by Matt Snow

Mmm, would be great to Shatterlight involved in this.

I'll have to check out the previous years to get a good idea of what I need to get done.

Mmm, would be great to Shatterlight involved in this.

I'll have to check out the previous years to get a good idea of what I need to get done.

The first and second ones are unavailable because the person who hosted them shut down his YT channel. The third one is watchable on MageKnight404's channel.

Sign up FE7 Chaos Mode and Roguelike Emblem. RE won't be complete, not even the first chapter, but the concept's there and it's quite fun.

Project Name: FE7 Chaos Mode
Creator: Klok
Submitting: Full game (If I finish the last 3 chapters in time)

Project Name: Roguelike Emblem
Base Engine: FEXNA
Creator: Klok
Submitting: Video preview

Edited by Klok

>FEE3 2014?

Question mark?

Question mark??

Arch, bro

this is happening again

and I shall make it so b0ss

I CAN BE REACHED AT GABEN AT VALVE SOFTWARE.COM my YouTube page at my sig as always. I have another thing eating my focus now, but I can't just leave you guys without a suitable host!

I almost had to be talked into this...

i guess since it's in august it means i can actually get things done

provided i actually get motivated/people in team do work

Project Name: Fire Emblem: Dream of Five
Creator: AstraLunaSol, and various other people that if I actually typed a list out, would be too long
Submitting: Demo to be played by host, maybe patch if I can actually work.

Edited by AstraLunaSol

Project Name: Origin of Creation (FEOC)
Creator: AK, Char
Submitting: LP

Hopefully, we'll have something done. Knowing us, though, we'll probs cram everything into the last week and submit whatever we have.

Edited by Elsa's Hair

Project Name: Eternal Bondage and Discipline

Base Engine: Fire Emblem the Seventh of its Name, Protector of the Advanced Game Boys and Warden of the Whatevers

Creator: Aggressive Romantic

Submitting: Presumably someone will want to do a let's play, probably a trailer of some sort

P.S. I have a full month of holidays coming up (stupid Australia) so hopefully I'll have a release ready. That said, I said that last year and ended up nowhere. No guarantees this year, kids.

• 2 weeks later...