Olivia Troubles

Nyewchu

Alright, so I'm trying to get Chrom to marry Olivia but FemMU has a C with him already. I have used a seed of trust, danced her butt off so badly that she leveled from 1 to 22 and I even got extremely lucky with getting two shiny support tiles on chapter 11 with Olivia x Chrom but still he chose to marry femMU.

I'm at a loss, is it impossible to change Chrom's decision? I don't want him to marry MU, I want MU to marry Walhart.

I seriously don't want to restart my file, I have all my units maxed at 20s, I grinded Donnel to 30 then reclassed him as Merc. I spent way too much time to give that all up.

Do you think grinding Olivia to 30 would do it? Any Advice is appreciated.

Thanks

I can't confirm 100% but I'd say you're out of luck. If you hadn't built the C between Avatar and Chrom you'd be fine (I've married Olivia and Chrom with C Avatar x Chrom available but not built), but since it's been built she takes priority unless another has a C with him, and Olivia can't build a C.

If the goal is to just Chrom married to someone else, if at least one of Sully, Sumia, and Maribelle aren't married, you could marry him off to one of them first.

Hmmm...I already married off Sully and Sumia. Would Maribelle be a good choice...? Ugh....

And Who should I marry Olivia to? I'm thinking Vaike, I like Vaike.

Edited by Nyewchu

I can't confirm 100% but I'd say you're out of luck. If you hadn't built the C between Avatar and Chrom you'd be fine (I've married Olivia and Chrom with C Avatar x Chrom available but not built), but since it's been built she takes priority unless another has a C with him, and Olivia can't build a C.

If the goal is to just Chrom married to someone else, if at least one of Sully, Sumia, and Maribelle aren't married, you could marry him off to one of them first.

If you already have a C(as in the rank, you saw the conversation and everything?) with Chrom and MU(or any marriageable female), Olivia can't marry him this playthrough.

Like they said, you're pretty much screwed.

Restart, marry off your Female MU, or accept that Olivia won't be Chrom's waifu that playthrough. That's your only choices.

D8 You can't just dance for like 100 turns more? I did that when I accidentally gained a few support points with Chrom in my married-to-Henry file. It's so tedious and time-consuming, but it should work, yes? Olivia has priority over My Unit IIRC.

D8 You can't just dance for like 100 turns more? I did that when I accidentally gained a few support points with Chrom in my married-to-Henry file. It's so tedious and time-consuming, but it should work, yes? Olivia has priority over My Unit IIRC.

Imagine the concept:

0-49 Below C Support

Support points, even if it shows hearts will cap at 49 until C Support is gained.

50-99 C Support

Will cap at 99 until B Support is gained.

Etc.

You know, I'm WILLING to go and dance for Chrom for like 1000 turns with Olivia with an A Supported, ready to S support Sumia and see who he marries at the end...

But I kind of can't do that right now.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Imagine the concept:

0-49 Below C Support

Support points, even if it shows hearts will cap at 49 until C Support is gained.

50-99 C Support

Will cap at 99 until B Support is gained.

Etc.

You know, I'm WILLING to go and dance for Chrom for like 1000 turns with Olivia with an A Supported, ready to S support Sumia and see who he marries at the end...

But I kind of can't do that right now.

OHH. Shoot, is that how support points work? They cap? Okay, no wonder. I didn't C-Rank with Chrom at all. Wow, learn something new every day...

Wait, that doesn't really make any sense... mellow.gif

Chrom's priority is this:

1. Sumia

2. Meribelle

3. Sully

4. Olivia

5. Avatar

Olivia should have been preferred rather than the Avatar regardless of relationship. It should be whoever has the better relationship and priority for Chrom but it's apparently not on your case.

Maybe you might have a better chance if you just grind a lot more (and go Seed of Trust hunting) like people already mentioned?

Or if you want Oliva x Chrom that badly, you can just get your Avatar married to someone else then even though it's way early before Walhart...

1. Sumia

2. Meribelle

3. Sully

4. Olivia

5. Avatar

Olivia should have been preferred rather than the Avatar regardless of relationship.

"If they have equal support points".

MainsiteChromMarriagePriority.png

I've agonized over getting all the pairings for Chrom before Chapter 12. Especially Olivia. I should know.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Wait, that doesn't really make any sense... mellow.gif

1. Sumia

2. Meribelle

3. Sully

4. Olivia

5. Avatar

Olivia should have been preferred rather than the Avatar regardless of relationship. It should be whoever has the better relationship and priority for Chrom but it's apparently not on your case.

Maybe you might have a better chance if you just grind a lot more (and go Seed of Trust hunting) like people already mentioned?

Or if you want Oliva x Chrom that badly, you can just get your Avatar married to someone else then even though it's way early before Walhart...

But the priority is only applied when they have equal relationship points I think. And since Avatar and Chrom already have a C support, it's impossible for Olivia to get more points than Avatar. (If I understood how support points work correctly.)

EDIT: Haha, Ninja'd by Rey.

Edited by Anton-kun

If there was a way to hack my file and force it I would. But I'll just settle for the fact that Chrom will have to marry Maribelle because i don't want MU marrying him.

Its mainly the fact that I capped all my units/started reclassing for skills and got Donnel to 30 and reclassed him twice already. I really don't want to do all that again.

As much as I don't like the idea of Maribelle marrying Chrom It'll have to do for this playthrough. Better luck next time, I didn't know to not support with Chrom until it was too late.

Basically what I did was I used my seed of truth on OliviaxChrom, killed every enemy unit on the field with the pair. I had Donnel tank a mage in a corner and then I dance grinded until Olivia was level 22. That was well near 200 dances.

I say I did all I could stand to do really, something in me wants to try til lvl30 Olivia but I'm sure thats a waste of time.

So grinding might do then before you progress the story....

You get Olivia on Chapter 11. At the end where Chrom marries someone.

You can't get past the cap of whatever points Olivia has when a C support is available. It simply can't be done without memory hacking with the current situation the OP has.

Memory hacking = Gameshark/Codebreaker/Action Replay

Things of that nature. And since the 3DS hasn't been hacked on 3DS mode yet, we're kinda out of luck.

Otherwise, I'd be giving Mark/Morgan the Lunatic+ skills, Divine Weapon/Rightful God, and Aether just to mess around.

Edited by shadowofchaos

You get Olivia on Chapter 11. At the end where Chrom marries someone.

You can't get past the cap of whatever points Olivia has when a C support is available. It simply can't be done without memory hacking with the current situation the OP has.

Can't you just gather a bunch of Seed of Trusts before the chapter and then use them all to get Oliva x Chrom to C (which will balance out Chrom x Avatar)?

But then again, you'll probably have to have Chrom and Olivia to do all the fighting together somehow with the Seed of Trusts.

Edit: Nevermind... I realize it's too late either way before you get to the Support section. I'm probably starting to confuse myself.

Edited by SparkNorkx

Can't you just gather a bunch of Seed of Trusts before the chapter and then use them all to get Oliva x Chrom to C (which will balance out Chrom x Avatar)?

But then again, you'll probably have to have Chrom and Olivia to do all the fighting together somehow with the Seed of Trusts.

If you had enough Seed of Trust, you'd see what I mean.

At one point, you can't use up any more because the support points have capped, because they're ready to get a C at the base.

Their female avatar has gone BEYOND that and can use Seed of Trust until the points cap at before a B support is able to be made.

It simply CANNOT be done with their situation.

How do seeds of trusts work exactly? Because it wasn't a problem to kill everything with Olivia x Chrom. I just popped it, was I suppose to fight first then pop it? I was in a pair when I used it.

Ah, just saw Shadow's post. Alright, I accept it cannot be done.

Thanks everybody that contributed. ^^

Edited by Nyewchu

No. Because Olivia isn't on the preparation screen. Supports cap. Olivia can't go over C until you view the convos. Read the rest of the thread.

I always read the rest of a thread... I just don't give up thinking up a solution but there's no solution.

Also I already mentioned I realized it on my edit.