FE: Awakening Hard Mode Tier List

With 29 HP and 16 Def, as specified previously, Ricken is 4HKOed regardless of whether the Cavs have 24 or 25 Atk. Although it is preferable to use a video over a wiki, there's no way that anyone here is willing to sit through an hour of watching Turtle Emblem for the sake of winning an argument.

I preferred the wiki because the video is unreliable (enemy stats can change upon restarting).

Maybe the wiki didn't test enemy stats thoroughly enough, though. I don't know.

Edited by Chiki

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/66324978?page=1

Someone has decided that Donnel is amazing... and I can't figure out a good way to answer it...

The person completely ignores any stats about Donnel pre-second seal. It's literally a joke to try and train Donnel in a half decent manner when you get him, even with the best pairups and tonics.

Edited by Integrity
right then

Earliest Speed Bot you get + able to go Wyvern Rider for access to a much better weapon type.

That said, I think Panne outclasses him in every way if you go the Wyvern Rider path (much better stats means she can do some damage with even a Bronze Axe), so I do wonder why he's that high. Especially since Valm isn't very kind to him, and he is normally swordlocked.

Ok, Why is Nowi being compared to Ricken anyways? They are separated by 2 full tiers...

Regardless, dont the arguments for Ricken at least warrant him moving up? At least out of D tier. Why in the hell is he below Donnel?

Ok, Why is Nowi being compared to Ricken anyways? They are separated by 2 full tiers...

Regardless, dont the arguments for Ricken at least warrant him moving up? At least out of D tier. Why in the hell is he below Donnel?

Ricken is a mage, by definition his defense is pretty poor, and his speed is rather bad... he's good where he's at.

Ricken is a mage, by definition his defense is pretty poor, and his speed is rather bad... he's good where he's at.

Except his defense is not poor and his spd is fixable. He's definetely not worse than Donnel or Virion or Lissa/Maribelle.

Have you even tried using him seriously? I have, I've used him, Virion and the others i mentioned. And of all of those, Ricken is the easiest to train for sure. Virion is thouroughly shit, almost Donnel-like. Also, Miriel has worse durability and is a pain to train. If durability is oh-so-important (you all love to hype nowi for her durability) then what is MIRIEL doing so high up?

1. his defense isn't that bad

2. as long as Donnel is above him, he is not good where he's at currently

1. his defense isn't that bad

2. as long as Donnel is above him, he is not good where he's at currently

1. It's meh. I don't like meh defense, especially when you also need your speed fixed.

2. I don't know it's been covered so many times...

Also PKL I'm against Miriel's position and I've used these units in the past.

To expose the meaninglessness of durability in this game when Mage Ricken gets 4HKOed by Steel Lance and Sword Cavaliers.

Edited by Chiki

To expose the meaninglessness of durability in this game when Mage Ricken gets 4HKOed by Steel Lance and Sword Cavaliers.

Super late response but wtv.

In this game; enemies enjoy swarming you, 4HKOed is pretty bad when you have nothing else going for you.

Super late response but wtv.

In this game; enemies enjoy swarming you, 4HKOed is pretty bad when you have nothing else going for you.

It isn't like we're soloing this game with Ricken. Cavaliers don't have canto, and you can cover Ricken's sides with other 5/6 move units as you charge.

It would be a big problem in FE4/5/9/10, though.

The need for durability is greatly exaggerated.

Edited by Chiki

It isn't like we're soloing this game with Ricken. Cavaliers don't have canto, and you can cover Ricken's sides with other 5/6 move units as you charge.

It would be a big problem in FE4/5/9/10, though.

The need for durability is greatly exaggerated.

So we protect Ricken to make him survive and don't consider it a massive plus for Nowi that she doesn't need to be protected?

I've not played any of those games.

The need for speed is more exaggerated. You only need enough speed to double, there's almost always more damage to cut.

We don't need to "protect" him. We need to do the smart thing anyone would do while charging (cover his sides). That doesn't just apply to Ricken. No unit except Nowi is invincible.

You played Radiant Dawn, which is FE10.

We don't need to "protect" him. We need to do the smart thing anyone would do while charging (cover his sides). That doesn't just apply to Ricken. No unit except Nowi is invincible.

You played Radiant Dawn, which is FE10.

This is true, Nowi being "invincible" is a plus for her unless I'm mistaken though. Also I would say that Stahl can actually come very close or possibly beat Nowi depending on her level though.

I though it said FE12 >_>

It's great that she can be invincible I don't think it's worth it at all. Why bother having an invincible unit for 4 chapters (12 15, 23, 24)?

And you can't really get her to be invincible with boss rush chapters around, so...

Edited by Chiki

It's great that she can be invincible I don't think it's worth it at all. Why bother having an invincible unit for 4 chapters (12 15, 23, 24)?

And you can't really get her to be invincible with boss rush chapters around, so...

Why is it not worth it? Nowi being invincible has plenty of uses outside of absolute LTC.

Chapter 10 and Paralogue 4 are both massive, Chapter 11 she can take the mages better than like anyone else, Chapter 16 is actually useful because without rescue-skipping we need people who can take bows out there, Tiki's paralogue is requiring several strong fighters no matter what. There are a lot of chapters she can help in thanks to being near-invincible.

Also training her isn't really hard at all. It's been covered so many times and I'm not going to repeat things because this "debate" is more like a competition to see who is willing to stop repeating themselves first.

Also I still lack any good explanation for why Miriel > Vaike. Or several other units in that area either but that's the one I notice the most.

• 10 months later...

I wonder just how out of date this list actually is.

I'm assuming this is donnel without aptitude. cause with it he's my best character in hard mode.

Next time, please don't revive a 10-month old topic.

Normally a topic like this is exempt from the necroposting rule but I don't think anyone is actually coming back to this, so I'm locking.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire