Guessing at potential canon pairings

Crixler

Whoa, I leave the house for a few hours and all of a sudden Sumia is a slut? What? She doesn't deserve that :( Even if I don't like her as much as Sully or Lissa.

This thread immediately came to mind...

I can't believe that is a real thing... What is the point of being alive when stuff like that exists?

Well, this game DOES love shoving Sumia down your throat. The cutscene where she rescues Chrom is entitled "Lovebirds" for godsake. Fuck you, IS, I'm not pairing that slut with Chrom, you shouldn't have made it so obnoxious. "OTL I wouldn't have minded like one small hint, but OMG SUMIA in the intro, OH LOOK how cute she trips and Chrom worries over her, AWW LOOK she's so fucking good and gentle with animals, OHH WOW SHE GETS a cutscene where she rescues Chrom, poor Chrom is depressed until SUMIA PUNCHES HIM THATS REAL LOVE.

God I hate it, it makes me so annoyed. "OTL

What the hell where did this come from.

Good god.

I think Olivia's the least good romance for Chrom (AH MY GOD I'M SO SHY I'M SO SO SO SO SHY - hate. Shy is cute, but Olivia goes a tad too far in her romances with Chrom and Robin). But none of these characters except except maybe Aversa really qualifies as a "slut" by *any* sense of the word, and I'm not comfortable with throwing that word around in general.

Not to mention, these are fictional characters.

For what it's worth, I'm not crazy about Sumia, but I actually really liked that cutscene; you can see her inexperience but she actually acts like someone who's used to fighting for a living. I similarly like seeing her as a mother - she grows up fast.

This game actually tried pretty hard to avoid officila pairings. IS is painfully aware of the chaos caused by the FE4 shipping wars.

Makalov would like to have a word with you.

Makalov is the exception which proves the rule, as they say.

Edited by CinderSkye

This game actually tried pretty hard to avoid officila pairings.

Yeah, this is what I think too. Sumia was just for exhibiting the marriage system and that it's required that Chrom be married since he and his daughter are the lords of the game, as well as to give beginning players a helping hand in picking a wife for Chrom if they didn't want to end up with the village maiden.

Edited by Anacybele

OTP: Henry with everyone. Because Henry is the coolest fucker ever, guys. For SRS. Henry gets a harem, Chrom gets a village girl.

In all seriousness though I always change up my pairings because I like seeing a bunch of different conversations, but SumiaxChrom seems to me like the EliwoodxNinian of this game. If there were to be an adaptation of the story in manga or anime form (they've done it before), they would most likely be the parents of Lucina.

• 4 months later...

IS is painfully aware of the chaos caused by the FE4 shipping wars.

If the next Fire Emblem game is somehow a sequel to Awakening, just watch it establish canon pairings the way FE5 did. And watch the world burn. Especially if people are forced to admit Chrom/Sumia turned out to be canon all along.

I doubt most of my prefered pairings would be canon, but if I had to guess one of them to be canon it would be VirionxCherche.

I would personally prefer there to be no official canon when it comes to pairings, and I think IS would prefer it that way because of the shitstorm that it would cause.

If the next Fire Emblem game is somehow a sequel to Awakening, just watch it establish canon pairings the way FE5 did. And watch the world burn. Especially if people are forced to admit Chrom/Sumia turned out to be canon all along.

If they made an Awakening sequel I'd hope IS would allow the player to select the pairings before the game starts.

Edited by Virion