Translation patches

VincentASM

Oh yeah, the latest version is the 2.1 patch. It's explicitly stated in this topic ^^

Download patch - Mirror (latest version; download this!)

I can clear up the confusion with the dates though.

The project page from 2008 is a copy of the original project page from 2006. The original project used to be on EFED or another site, but it closed down and FESS carried it over. However it seems like FESS used an outdated patch (2005) for some reason.

Edited by VincentASM

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't patch the Fire emblem 4 one, or rather I don't know how to. The game works fine without the patch of course but when I click on the downloaded patch it says there is an error and the emulator Snes has stopped working whenever I use it.

You might have a bad rom dump, or maybe more likely, your patch is intended for a rom with a header, which yours does not have, or the opposite--intended for a rom without a header and the one you've got does have one.

What does the readme for the translation say on the subject?

• 4 weeks later...

Are the patches listed on the first page the most up to date patches on serenes? If not where are the newly updated ones. I've seen forums about FE1 and FE4 being updated recently and I was wondering if these are still the same ones for those updates?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi. I'm ApacheMan2K, and I've been having trouble with "Fire Emblem: Riddle of the Emblem". When I got both versions of the patch and applied them to the correct .sfc files using IPSWin and IPSEXE and tried playing on my SNESGT emulator, but both versions of the ROM caused the program to crash. What is the best way to patch this "Fire Emblem" when running it on SNESGT?

Hi. I'm ApacheMan2K, and I've been having trouble with "Fire Emblem: Riddle of the Emblem". When I got both versions of the patch and applied them to the correct .sfc files using IPSWin and IPSEXE and tried playing on my SNESGT emulator, but both versions of the ROM caused the program to crash. What is the best way to patch this "Fire Emblem" when running it on SNESGT?

Mystery of the Emblem, you mean?

FE3?

I suggest LunarIPS for patching with the IPS patches to the ROM?

There are two versions of the game, a 1.0 and a 1.1. Do you have the correct version of the game? Also, your patch may not work if your ROM has a header (or if it doesn't and the patch expects one!).

The readme for the patch should specify which version of the game you'll need, and whether it needs a header or not.

There are two versions of the game, a 1.0 and a 1.1. Do you have the correct version of the game? Also, your patch may not work if your ROM has a header (or if it doesn't and the patch expects one!).

The readme for the patch should specify which version of the game you'll need, and whether it needs a header or not.

I tried both versions, but after what you just said, I'm beginning to think neither ROM has a header. I don't know much about applying headers or anything, so ... what are some suitable programs for creating headers? Or would you go with the one mentioned in the ReadMe file? Most of all, what's the best way to tell if a ROM has a header or not?

Edited by ApacheMan2K

A headered FE3 ROM is 3,146,240 bytes in size exactly.

If it's a bit smaller (but still 3 MB), it doesn't have a header and if it's significantly smaller than 3 MB, it's probably compressed.

SNESTool is about the only program that I know for adding headers. It's a bit old though and I'm not sure if it's now defunct.

A headered FE3 ROM is 3,146,240 bytes in size exactly.

If it's a bit smaller (but still 3 MB), it doesn't have a header and if it's significantly smaller than 3 MB, it's probably compressed.

SNESTool is about the only program that I know for adding headers. It's a bit old though and I'm not sure if it's now defunct.

The unpatched version of the ROM file is about 3.15 MB. So, does it need a header?

Whoa, I didn't expect that file size. Well, there's something clearly wrong, because the ROM I've got (which patches normally) is 3.00 MB.

I can only guess you've got a prepatched, maybe Chinese, ROM.

You'll probably have to obtain a ROM from a different location and then check to see if the file size matches.

Whoa, I didn't expect that file size. Well, there's something clearly wrong, because the ROM I've got (which patches normally) is 3.00 MB.

I can only guess you've got a prepatched, maybe Chinese, ROM.

You'll probably have to obtain a ROM from a different location and then check to see if the file size matches.

I guess planetemu.net is not a good place to look. ^^; Where do you suggest I look?

Sorry, I'm not aware of any good sites, since I got my SNES ROMs literally ten years ago, and it's also against the rules to tell members where to find ROMs ^^

However, SNES ROMs are pretty common, so you shouldn't have too much of a hard time looking.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just throwing this out here, but since we're on the precipice of FE12's patch, would it be worthwhile to put some expanded information (state of completion, bugs, screenshots, ect.) about each game's patch(es) on that page on the site? And/or better yet, links to this information on the index of each game that has a translation patch; perhaps even individual pages for each game's patches?

• 1 month later...

just like winrar

This post was pretty useless, and you're replying to a 4+ year old statement... this kinda violates our post quality rules. I'm gonna cut you some slack and not increase your warn level, but be more careful.

• 4 months later...

How would I patch a translation patch to my Japanese Fire Emblem 3 Monshou no Nazo? I'm on a MacBook Air btw but unsure whether leapard, lion etc.

I have the patch but I still don't really know how to patch it to my Japanese ROM copy of FE3 :/ I'm also unsure how to use 7Zip or any kind of archiver on a Mac yet. Also I have a Snes9x emulator that runs the original FE3 fine.

If any of you could tell me how to use it on a Mac I'd be very appreciated! If not it's ok, at least I know a reason why Mac's aren't capable of it.

To sum this up because I'm not a good talker, I'd just like to know how to patch a Japanese FE3 ROM, (sorry I'm repeating my self a lot of times now) on a Mac.

Edited by FELeif14

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...