Best Trueblade?

Trueblades   

141 members have voted

1. 1. Best?

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know the exact stats but I'd say either Mia or Edward. Edward is definitely a beast even though he is fragile in the beginning and you have to be super careful with him. I think Mia is a bit easier to use given that she starts out as a second tier unit fighting against lower leveled enemies and still turns out half way decent. Definitely better than she was in PoR if nothing else.

Then there's Stefan with that ridiculous Sol Katti crit rate.

I'd argue that Edward grows the best out of all the Trueblades if used, but Mia and Stefan (Zihark to an extent as well) take much less effort to be usable in endgame. Lucia is really, really bad.

Edited by Monado Boy

I feel like the differences between all of them (if trained) are negligible. Except for Lucia, who is clear cut below the rest. Mia is the easiest one to train, because Zihark and Eddy are competing with each other and with Jill for Paragon if you want to get them to third tier fast.

Shame about Stefan's availability, because he's a cool character with the best sword in the game (tied with Ragnell/Alondite), but it's hard to justify using him. I might do a swords-only run some day.

Edited by Radiant head

Then there's Stefan with that ridiculous Sol Katti crit rate.

Shame about Stefan's availability, because he's a cool character with the best sword in the game (tied with Ragnell/Alondite), but it's hard to justify using him. I might do a swords-only run some day.

You guys know that anyone with SS Swords - including every Trueblade - can use the Vague Katti, right?

Sol Katti is not in Tellius, btw.

You guys know that anyone with SS Swords - including every Trueblade - can use the Vague Katti, right?

Sol Katti is not in Tellius, btw.

I know, I'm just citing the Vague Katti as one reason why I like Stefan. I always give it to Zihark or Mia.

Edited by Radiant head

Edward has the best growthrates.

Though his problem is that he's part of the group with the toughest enemies.

It's very hard to use him in part 3 in hard mode. He's definitely no front unit. Attacking with range swords in "wrath-zone" is the only good way to train him in 3-6.

Zihark is only better to use in HM only because of his earth affinity. Though adept is a better skill than wrath. His growthrates in defense and especially strength are far less than Edward's. He's still no good choice for me in the endgame because of his poor strength. In normal mode: Edward > Zihark

Mia is the easiest one to train, because she's part of the strongest group. And her growths are almost as great as Edward's (highest defense growth). In hard mode my choice.

Lucia has the worst growths and no availibility.

Stefan has great bases and also great growths. If you haven't trained any myrms yet, he's definitely a great choice.

My judgement:

In NM: Edward

In HM: Mia and / or Stefan

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

Mia, though tbh, Trueblades fell out of my favour aeons ago.

I don't like Myrms/Swordmasters/Trueblades either. Except for Zihark (and Edward sort of, and maybe Joshua), they never turn out very well for me. They're always too weak and fragile and have nothing but speed. Maybe I'm just not good at using them since I always like my tanky powerhouse units more. Or units that are just pure powerhouses, like Boyd. :P

As much as I hate to say it (okay not really), it's Mia. In HM (aka, when the game throws all it has to gives you), Mia is one of the few starting characters in the GMs with reliable offense and durability. She can dodge a hell lot at base, arguably the best support-partner for Ike (same Mov, +Atk and even MORE Avo) and is pretty much entitled to Soren's Adept. As soon as she gets Forges (let's not forget Adept), she's such a beast...

On Edward:

In HM, he's useful the very few early chapters...and that's about it. It's an uphill battle (as if the first chapters weren't...) from there. His concrete durability is made out of paper, and he doesn't even have enough Avo to manage. And yes, this is including an Earth support. Micaiah's lack of Authority Stars really don't help him. Sure, you can throw Resolve into him, but it's not particularly stellar with that set-up either...

On Zihark:

I'd argue he's the 2nd best, if only because I have a bit of confidence on Edward actually not being all that bad. Zihark comes in with good bases, but starts suffering durability issues before even going in to Part 3.

Mia ~ Zihark >>> Stefan > Lucia > Edward

The gap between Zihark and Stefan is astronomical. Mia and Zihark are the only relevant Trueblades. Stefan is a solid filler unit but he kinda doesn't exist for 99% of the game so it's w/e. Lucia is good in 2-2 and OKish in 4-2 and 4-5 so she's not entirely hopeless. Edward is whack in 1-P, bad in 1-1 and unusable in every chapter after that.

Edward is actually very usable for me in hard mode in part 1 except for 1-F.

Imo the best first tier unit, if Jill doesn't get any transfer boosts.

The only problem is his earlygame.

If he doesn't get a speed stat in his first level up, he probably won't double the enemies.

In 1-4 wrath and wind edge are pretty damn good.

In 1-5 if he has enough strength, he can kill most stuff (mages, including boss).

With Leonardo support he can take two hits by steel lances. If you're lucky with his defense and can fix his defense with bexp., he maybe can even take two hits by archers.

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

Edward has the best growthrates.

Though his problem is that he's part of the group with the toughest enemies.

It's very hard to use him in part 3 in hard mode. He's definitely no front unit. Attacking with range swords in "wrath-zone" is the only good way to train him in 3-6.

Zihark is only better to use in HM only because of his earth affinity. Though adept is a better skill than wrath. His growthrates in defense and especially strength are far less than Edward's. He's still no good choice for me in the endgame because of his poor strength. In normal mode: Edward > Zihark

Mia is the easiest one to train, because she's part of the strongest group. And her growths are almost as great as Edward's (highest defense growth). In hard mode my choice.

Lucia has the worst growths and no availibility.

Stefan has great bases and also great growths. If you haven't trained any myrms yet, he's definitely a great choice.

My judgement:

In NM: Edward

In HM: Mia and / or Stefan

My issue with Edward generally comes with the points that Soul stated earlier (melee unit with the durability of wet toilet paper, and not having enough evade to make up for it); he doesn't even make good use of Wrath, either.

I don't like Myrms/Swordmasters/Trueblades either. Except for Zihark (and Edward sort of, and maybe Joshua), they never turn out very well for me. They're always too weak and fragile and have nothing but speed. Maybe I'm just not good at using them since I always like my tanky powerhouse units more. Or units that are just pure powerhouses, like Boyd. :P

I generally have issues working with most Myrms that aren't Zihark (at least in FE9), Joshua or Owain. Astra being junk in Tellius doesn't help the Trueblade class's case AT ALL.

As much as I hate to say it (okay not really), it's Mia. In HM (aka, when the game throws all it has to gives you), Mia is one of the few starting characters in the GMs with reliable offense and durability. She can dodge a hell lot at base, arguably the best support-partner for Ike (same Mov, +Atk and even MORE Avo) and is pretty much entitled to Soren's Adept. As soon as she gets Forges (let's not forget Adept), she's such a beast...

I never have to even forge; the blades are more than good enough because of her base strength + fire affinity.

Edward is pretty set once he reaches tier 2 and has room for Tauraneo's Resolve to go with his Wrath. The problem is that I find it impossible to do that in HM. His durability is even worse, and the axes will eat him up.

Edited by Radiant head

Mia's base Str doesn't even come close to 2HKO'ing. In HM, her base with a +1 Atk from Ike with has her around 13-14 Atk, she needs to attack 3 times to attack. Mia's pretty much entitlted to Adept because she either needs max Str to cleanly 2HKO and because she has so much Spd she makes the activation very reliable.

I meant her base is good enough to hold the blade without getting AS screwed, and Fire affinity negates hit rate issues. She has to grow her strength more to 2HKO, but I'd rather just have her grind for strength growth, which isn't hard, over dumping money on a forge.

Edited by Radiant head

I meant her base is good enough to hold the blade without getting AS screwed, and Fire affinity negates hit rate issues. She has to grow her strength more to 2HKO, but I'd rather just have her grind for strength growth, which isn't hard, over dumping money on a forge.

But you can get a forge immediately while growing (level and support) takes time. It's not like the Greil Mercenaries are poor.

I never got the 'Edward has more potential' bit. even at caps he has an entirely massive +1 str, lol. And it's offset by Mia having a +Atk affinity. Sure, Eddie has a few points higher in concrete defenses at cap, but both rely on Avo to be durable anyway. Endgame Edward is not better than Endgame Mia is by any stretch of the imagination.

This is to say nothing of how much better she is for the rest of the game, lol.