[Final Fantasy VI] Ah, we're back to the best FF game ever

Bluedoom

Killed off Cid, skipped Sabin (for now, I do want that Blood Sword) and followed Gerad. And that led me to my least favourite boss: those damn tentacles.

Now I'm going to admit cheating a bit. I think that I was the only one who realized that you can grind AP on Solitary Island for little Exp. So I taught Celes Osmose and Bio before leaving so that they would be available here.

Celes hit all 4 tentacles with Bio, poisoning 3 of them. After that, she put up Golem, had a Reflect Ring block Bio/Poison and pretty much just used Poison/Osmose on the remaining Tentacle. She's still level 10.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grabbed Setzer and now the fun begins. Setzer was my second round pick (he's taking on Goddess) and already knows Rasp since I also had him on the Floating Continent. I whizzed my way through Darill's Tomb and picked up the Regal Dress (AKA one of the reasons why Terra was my first round pick).

Dullahan's script is rather impressive. Most of his spells are Reflectable but if he detects Reflect, he'll use Reflect ??? in order to set both Darkness (don't care) and Silence (do care). By the way, he'll reset the statuses every 4 turns Which would call for a Ribbon... except for when Dullahan switches to his more dangerous script with Absolute Zero, Northern Cross... oh and !Morning Star. !Morning Star 2HKOs Setzer and with inherent Haste, that means that I need the Prayer Beads more. Oh and he has a 33% physical counter to any damage thrown his way.

Long story short, Setzer waited for Dullahan to run out of MP and then hit him with a final Rasp for the MP Kill. It ain't pretty but whatever goes, goes.

After that, I picked up the Falcon and flew it over to the Cave on the Veldt. Shadow is my next priority because he's my Fiend slayer (3rd round pick) and I also need his help for Humbaba so that I can recruit Terra.

Behemoth King has a lot of really strong spells and a huge weakness: Imp. I had already let Setzer learn Imp on the FC (while letting Shadow and Sabin grab Ras/Osmose) so I Imp'd BK and then turn on Vanish via Phantom (Behemoth King has Imp criticals). Had to reapply Imp every so often but it was well worth it and Setzer trashed him. The 2nd stage only requires a Pheonix Down.

After recruiting Shadow at the Colisseum, I went to Mobliz to face down Humbaba. Reflect Rings are critical and leaves open only !Solar Plexus and 1000 Needles. Setzer's Slots went into overdrive since Shadow wasn't performing up to snuff (low damage currently, I'll turn him into an aux unit). Humbaba Breath will leave one character on the field so I manipulated it to leave Setzer.

After that, all hell broke loose. Trance Terra broke 6 Poison Rods and a Holy Rod (from the Collapsing House in Tzen) for a total of 16k damage and then Setzer went to work with Slots. Pulled a lot of Dive Bombs and even a Mega Flare and Humbaba finally died. Terra was caught!

At this point, I'm using Solitary Island to learn some important spells. Fira (via Ifrit and some Flame Shields), Vanish, Berserk, Bio and Osmose. Those will be the bare minimum to get through a good portion of the WoR.

Also, I dropped 27.50₪ on FFVI for Android and wow. Cyan has been fixed! It's about time! He's still crap but at least he's usable.

Next update!

Since all I'm missing is Umaro, let's get him?

Ice Dragon was fun. Flame Shields and Minerva Bustier block all his spells to begin with. But when you've got a weakness to Berserk, then you just suck. Berserk, Vanish and battle over.

Valigarmanda has a similar problem. He's got Rasp as his counter but can't actually damage my party. The Force Shield that Ice Dragon drops really helps to block Rasp.

And... Yeti goes down to Sleep, Berserk and Vanish. These bosses all suck and I haven't even leveled up my characters.

Anyway, I'm now grinding at Cactuars in order to pull Gigantuar. What's great about that is that each Cactuar is worth 10 AP. That means that Terra will have Blizzaga/Firaga/Thundaga for the rest of the WoR. Umaro is a godsend because he's the only person who can kill a Cactuar (true story). That's a sentence I thought I'd never say.