Who is the best fit for DLC classes?

Cloud

I've seen people use them on Azura and their Avatars a lot. Also on Ryoma and Xander as well. A few were saying the Ninjas are better as Dread Fighters than Master Ninjas. I guess it's just a preference.

Well, that's why some of them are unlimited so you can just get more in the DLCs. As far as I know Lodestar, Great Lord, and I think Grandmaster, I could be wrong, are one time use?

Edit: I'm wrong, Grandmaster is unlimited.

Edited by Andreyas

Whoever keeps weapon ranks. Or people who don't have weapon ranks anyway because they start at E. On unpromoted units with sub-par base stats the DLC classes, with their promoted base stats, are just straight boosts with no downsides beyond 5% growths here and there you'd have never seen anyway because their base stats were too horrible to use seriously otherwise. On unpromoted units with base stats that are already fine you'd probably want to more carefully weigh when/if you want to use them since they might prefer the generally higher growths of their normal class as well as some of the skill pickups. Or on characters like Sakura it'd be a decision between working on tome ranks in Dark Flier early vs. losing staff usage/not working on staves for a time between going Onmoyji. On pre-promotes there are usually downsides to each DLC class so it's the same story--you might want speed+2 on Leo, but you also might not want to use a heart seal on him to bring him back afterward. For the maids/butlers they'd gain strength from dread fighter but on the other hand they'd lose their staff utility.

To me all of them are kind of "cheap" in the same way that, say, double dash bonus disc is cheap for FE7. But if you're going to use them, the best way to use them is probably on units with bad base stats.

Edited by lysander

Not to piggyback or hijack but will the Map Pack 1 be available on launch to buy? (I know they release at later dates)

I preordered it on the off-chance of it being avaiable ASAP. Preorder price and non-preorder price is the same, so whatever you decide, you won't be losing any extra money. I think so, anyway.

Not to piggyback, but would it be best to level the initial class, promote to the normal Tier 2 class, level it and then use the seal to promote to, say, Lodestar, right?

There is really no reason to. You can change into the DLC classes at any time, and they have base stats comparable to tier 2 units. You lose nothing by not changing into them asap, unless you want the level 10 skill of your tier 1 class. The DLC classes are strong for this reason.

There is really no reason to. You can change into the DLC classes at any time, and they have base stats comparable to tier 2 units. You lose nothing by not changing into them asap, unless you want the level 10 skill of your tier 1 class. The DLC classes are strong for this reason.

All things considered, the DLC classes can go up to Level 40, so...

Yeah, I could just switch Antigone (my Conquest Corn) to Great Lord once I chose my side, gain access to the Before Awakening map and beat the map, right?

All things considered, the DLC classes can go up to Level 40, so...

Yeah, I could just switch Antigone (my Conquest Corn) to Great Lord once I chose my side, gain access to the Before Awakening map and beat the map, right?

They go up to forty, but remember that promoted classes are considered level+20. For example, a level 5 swordmaster would change into a level 25 lodestar.

You can't get the item to change into Great Lord until you beat Before Awakening. And you don't get access to the DLC until My Castle opens up after chapter 6.

Nohr has three Dark Mages (Odin, Nyx, and Ophelia), so making one of the latter two a Witch keeps them in a similar role without being too redundant.

But if you have the patience you can get enough items to make your entire army have access to Witch, Ballistician, Vanguard, Grandmaster, Dread Fighter, and Dark Flier.

No such luck with Lodestar and Great Lord, however.

Edited by Anomalocaris

Would Azura be a better Witch, Songstress, or Great Lord?

If you have no qualms about using Warp, then she would like to dip into Witch for a bit to learn it, but she should primarily be a songstress. Refreshing is too useful.

Not to piggyback or hijack but will the Map Pack 1 be available on launch to buy? (I know they release at later dates)

It's available on launch, BUT only one or two maps will be available on launch. The rest release on a weekly basis.

Here's the release windows for the DLC maps:

Before Awakening - 2/19/2016

Boo Camp - 2/25/2016

Beach Brawl - 2/25/2016
Ghostly Gold - 3/3/2016
Museum Melee - 3/3/2016
Royal Royale - 3/17/2016
Hidden Truths (1 and 2) - 3/24/2016
Vanguard Dawn - 3/31/2016
Anna on the Run - 4/7/2016
Ballistician Blitz - 4/14/2016
A Gift from Anna - 4/14/2016
Witches’ Trial - 4/21/2016
Edited by KazeNinja17

Would Azura be a better Witch, Songstress, or Great Lord?

Songstress. She should never be anything else outside of training.

In Hoshido, Azama wants out ASAP. Get him a DLC class if you plan on using him. Ryoma also wouldnt mind some Dread Fighter skills, and Kaze is great as one.

Orochi gains a 90% magic growth and 35% speed growth (her highest possible) as a Witch and since she comes early, it'll be best utilized by her. Almost everyone loves Warp and Witch's Poison, however Warp is extremely good with Azura as it lets her teleport anywhere near your units, whether to get out of danger or to dance for someone. It's also a good way for your little sisters to start training in tomes very early and add to their usefulness.

You get an unlimited amount of Ike and Robin class seals in DLC but only 1 Lodestar seal and 1 Great Lord. Lodestar is for very balanced fighters who could also want more speed, through Gentle Blade or Speed Drain, as well as just being hella lucky and super balanced. Xander, Hinata, Laslow, Hisame, etc. all work great here. Great Lord is extremely wide spread since many women in the game either use swords or lances anyway, and it gives them Aether and Awakening, two VERY solid skills. Oboro, Hinoka, Hana, Selena, Mozu, Caeldori, and Azura if you're optimizing your dancer.

Vanguard works great for fast characters looking to trade speed for STR and bulk. Ryoma, Arthur, Laslow, Lutz, Silas all work great. Grandmaster is there for your mixed supportive fighters. Odin, Hayato, Leo and Saizo come to mind.

As for Dark Flier, a class thats easy to swap in for lancers and magic alike, Leo, Orochi, Hayato, Rhatja, Oboro, Odin, Nyx, and Forrest like this class. Galeforce has been nerfed, so Kamuisexuals or single kids also work here.

Songstress. She should never be anything else outside of training.

In Hoshido, Azama wants out ASAP. Get him a DLC class if you plan on using him. Ryoma also wouldnt mind some Dread Fighter skills, and Kaze is great as one.

Orochi gains a 90% magic growth and 35% speed growth (her highest possible) as a Witch and since she comes early, it'll be best utilized by her. Almost everyone loves Warp and Witch's Poison, however Warp is extremely good with Azura as it lets her teleport anywhere near your units, whether to get out of danger or to dance for someone. It's also a good way for your little sisters to start training in tomes very early and add to their usefulness.

You get an unlimited amount of Ike and Robin class seals in DLC but only 1 Lodestar seal and 1 Great Lord. Lodestar is for very balanced fighters who could also want more speed, through Gentle Blade or Speed Drain, as well as just being hella lucky and super balanced. Xander, Hinata, Laslow, Hisame, etc. all work great here. Great Lord is extremely wide spread since many women in the game either use swords or lances anyway, and it gives them Aether and Awakening, two VERY solid skills. Oboro, Hinoka, Hana, Selena, Mozu, Caeldori, and Azura if you're optimizing your dancer.

Vanguard works great for fast characters looking to trade speed for STR and bulk. Ryoma, Arthur, Laslow, Lutz, Silas all work great. Grandmaster is there for your mixed supportive fighters. Odin, Hayato, Leo and Saizo come to mind.

As for Dark Flier, a class thats easy to swap in for lancers and magic alike, Leo, Orochi, Hayato, Rhatja, Oboro, Odin, Nyx, and Forrest like this class. Galeforce has been nerfed, so Kamuisexuals or single kids also work here.

Of course, with the right asset/flaw combo, your Corn could work with any of those DLC classes. Also, why no mention of the Ballistician?

If I bought the map pack would I still be able to play them on a different. For example, if I bought them in Conquest could I still use them in Revelations and Birthright?

Also, would a +Str/-Res Corrin be a good Lodestar?

If I bought the map pack would I still be able to play them on a different. For example, if I bought them in Conquest could I still use them in Revelations and Birthright?

Also, would a +Str/-Res Corrin be a good Lodestar?

If you bought Conquest physically and then Revelation and Birthright as eShop DLC, you can use the DLC maps on the other two routes as they'd be attached to your Conquest save file.

Of course, with the right asset/flaw combo, your Corn could work with any of those DLC classes. Also, why no mention of the Ballistician?

Because Ballistician is a class made for throwaway characters and PvP so they can contribute. Almost anyone is good as one, especially Takumi because Fuujin Yumi.

Switching from a Dark Knight to a Grandmaster, Leo's evasion doesn't change but he loses 6 defense, which is quite a lot. The other drops of 1 strength, 5 luck and 2 movement are pretty negligible imo. In return, he gains 2 mag, 5 skill, 2 speed, 3 resistance, and loss of beast weakness.

I'd say it's entirely preference for which is better. As a Grandmaster he'll be a more reliable attacker with slightly more crit, might and accuracy, while also having more skill for procing skills, but you might prefer the defense safety net that Dark Knight offers.

Switching from a Dark Knight to a Grandmaster, Leo's evasion doesn't change but he loses 6 defense, which is quite a lot. The other drops of 1 strength, 5 luck and 2 movement are pretty negligible imo. In return, he gains 2 mag, 5 skill, 2 speed, 3 resistance, and loss of beast weakness.

I'd say it's entirely preference for which is better. As a Grandmaster he'll be a more reliable attacker with slightly more crit, might and accuracy, while also having more skill for procing skills, but you might prefer the defense safety net that Dark Knight offers.

At least, Leo won't be vulnerable to weapons that are effective against mounted units.