Best Bow or Yumi in the game?

poptdp

Hey guys,

I've been playing Birthright, haven't gotten to Conquest or Revelations yet. But I'm LOVING the Bow Knight class, don't care if it's crap stats etc.

My question is what's the best bow in the game? If you could, the best bow/yumi for each of the 3 games?

I heard Shining Bow is good in Conquest and revelations because 1-2 range. But how about the double hitting bows? How about in Birthright? This is all taking forging into account as well.

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if your just talking every single bow in the game than Fujin Yumi obvs

if your talking bows that aren't character locked than it depends. I'd go with Pursuer or Killer Bow

Bow Knight goes pretty well with the Spy's Yumi for huge range potential combined with the 8 base movement. Apart from that, the Illusory Yumi is pretty cool with the absurd RES buff.

It really depends on the situation/archer in particular.

Pursuer is INCREDIBLE but it's locked to Snipers. The drawbacks of pursuer are pretty negligible for a sniper, so it's just a nice delete button.

Fujin Yumi has really great mt for it's availability (it's -1 from Silver with none of the drawbacks and lets you almost fly), though it's also locked to Takumi so if you're looking for a bow for a non-Takumi non-Sniper bow user, well

Shining Bow has 1-2 but really none of the shining bow users I can think of have the durability for long term 1 range anyway, so I personally didn't find the 1-2 aspect so much useful as just having pretty awesome mt and hits res. Adventurer!Niles and most versions of Nina are pretty good users of it, as well as Priestess Sakura (Revelation route or with visit/battle bonuses) if you can get her weapon ranks high enough to use it.

Other bows I get good milage out of are Spy Yumi and Dual Yumi (it's a better anti mage button than Illusory Yumi IMO thanks to weapon triangle reversal). Killer Bow is good too, but also best paired with a Sniper to stack the crit bonus.

For a Bow Knight on conquest, I'd probably just forge an Iron or Steel (Steel if Niles, he needs power and has all the speed in the world). BK doesn't really have the mag that adventurer does, but hitting res doesn't hurt so you can probably still carry one around and punch a General with it, or something.

actually now I have an idea of a weird build that may or may not work and definitely takes 2 arms scrolls and possibly support grinding but

Saizo A+ Laslow for Shining Bow BK? If anyone can pull off tanky hybrid bow user it's him

Edited by Thor Odinson

actually now I have an idea of a weird build that may or may not work and definitely takes 2 arms scrolls and possibly support grinding but

Saizo A+ Laslow for Shining Bow BK? If anyone can pull off tanky hybrid bow user it's him

There's a way to grind weapon levels in Birthright and Revelations on castle battles, particularly if the enemy has a unit with extremely high defenses who can't fight back.

There's a way to grind weapon levels in Birthright and Revelations on castle battles, particularly if the enemy has a unit with extremely high defenses who can't fight back.

I try not to grind if i can help it. It's kinda tedious to me so I'd rather just save the arm scrolls--support grinding was even only a thing because Laz joins after 17 and if I want Saizo pulling off this build for an actual existent amount of time i can't wait the 5 chapters.

...I guess there's always marrying Corn to him.

I'm pretty against grinding in general for myself and will only use it for some very gimmick run last resorts involving a lot of class changing.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Well bow knight can't use pursuer. Brave bow cuts STR after use (especially bad with a bow because it's not like you're counter attacking much during enemy phase with a bow wielder, but not so bad if you have luna+aether with hoshidan unity/quixotic).

I'd say you can't go wrong with killer bow/+7 silver yumi. Oh and dual yumi is amazing. Learn to love that.

Edited by maninbluejumpsuit

Until I got S rank and grabbed Pursuer and never looked back, I really liked Bamboo Yumi.

...Seriously. E rank, its might is low but not awful, it has fantastic hit rate and a nice avoid boost, all with no drawbacks to equipping or attacking.

I'm a huge sucker for forged Iron Yumi - it's got better MT than the Iron Bow, gives some stats, and the lower hit is sorta-fixed by Certain Blow.

Yes, the Killer Bow can be forged. I don't remember whether or not you can get it, though.

To the extent of my knowledge, the only way to get a Killer Bow in Birthright is either from Battle Points or from Museum Melee. Also, you can only forge Hoshidan weapons in Birthright.

Anyways, I kinda like the Steel Bow - Yumi accuracy in general makes me cry (FFS, the number of Yumi that have more than 70 base hit is one I can count on one hand - and note that one of THOSE is enemy only.), and I don't think the Resistance boost makes up for that.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

IIRC you can't forge Nohrian weapons in Birthright even if you get the relevant weapons and gems (and vice versa), but I'm not confident about this so someone else should probably confirm/deny. EDIT: Ninja confirmed.

Edited by Dark Holy Elf

Speaking of the Fujin Yumi, I don't think it's all that great - sure, it has good power, and the Acrobat effect is nice, but the accuracy, on the other hand... Ugh. This especially gets annoying in BR thanks to Takumi joining in a super annoying chapter.

Fuujin Yumi oneshots Ninjas on Lunatic and has pretty good hit anyway because weapon triangle advantage, Takumi grows skill like no tomorrow, Certain Blow exists once he promotes

It's not like anyone else gonna use it anyway

Fuujin Yumi oneshots Ninjas on Lunatic and has pretty good hit anyway because weapon triangle advantage, Takumi grows skill like no tomorrow, Certain Blow exists once he promotes

It's not like anyone else gonna use it anyway

Regardless, if I can't trust Takumi to not whiff with Fujin, I can't trust him with most any other Yumi, because Yumi acc in general is balls. I also think Takumi's just another overhyped fraud, but that's neither here nor there.

low accuracy was never an issue on Archers since they have high enough Skill to compensate. Outlaws, on the other hand...

At times, thanks to Yumi accuracy, I'd swear I'm not working with archers so much as I am working with fighters that can't counter at 1 range.

Honestly I don't know what game you're playing because Takumi already has sky high skill, can get certain blow naturally, and friend Leo for a skill that lowers avoid.

I personally like the Shining Bow, Fujin Yumi, and Dual Yumi.

Honestly I don't know what game you're playing because Takumi already has sky high skill, can get certain blow naturally, and friend Leo for a skill that lowers avoid.

I personally like the Shining Bow, Fujin Yumi, and Dual Yumi.

The game where I don't trust the fanbase because overhyping archers is typical of them.

Takumi can miss? This is new to me.

Even on Lunatic he had 90's or 100 hit on mostly everything

Edited by Jedi