Your most shameful moment here

blah the Prussian

So basically, this thread is us recounting the thing we did on this site that we look back upon with the largest amount of shame. For me, it would probably be the time when I violated Godwin's Law arguing about Vaike of all things. I was thirteen at the time, so I guess I was too young to understand what an ass I was making of myself. Another time was when I defended Genghis Khan. Ah, past me.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically, this thread is us recounting the thing we did on this site that we look back upon with the largest amount of shame. For me, it would probably be the time when I violated Godwin's Law arguing about Vaike of all things. I was thirteen at the time, so I guess I was too young to understand what an ass I was making of myself. Another time was when I defended Genghis Khan. Ah, past me.

OH MY GOD

YOU ARE SO YOUNG

I LITERALLY THOUGHT YOU WERE AN ADULT

also it'd have to be 14 year old me joining a forum RP and making a self insert character when no one else did. the whole ordeal is cringe looking back.

Pretending like I know the Metagame when I know that I don't. I also tend to confuse people due to my convoluted political outlook. I also don't really draft before writing my shit, meaning that it can look unpolished and have spelling and grammar errors.

OH MY GOD

YOU ARE SO YOUNG

also it'd have to be 14 year old me joining a forum RP and making a self insert character when no one else did. the whole ordeal is cringe looking back.

I'll take that as a compliment.

OH MY GOD

YOU ARE SO YOUNG

i thought he was like 12 honestly

my most shameful moment is too personal to share but it haunts me to this day (and not like, haha awkward shameful but holy shit i fucked up shameful)

my most shameful moment on the internet is probably back when i used to post on the gfaqs monster hunter freedom unite boards and was generally a little shit kid

i can't think of a time where i was just a huge douche to someone that in retrospect didn't deserve it, but i've said plenty of stupid things here. unfortunately, those posts have been lost to time cause the site got hacked around this time several years ago. so naturally i can't remember.

i'm open to others pointing out my shameful moments though lol.

also the above doesn't mean i've been an ass only to those that deserve it, but i just can't remember.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

This happened back when I was about eight or ten years-old. I was out with my mom and my brothers getting fitted for our uniforms for school. This was a Most Dreadful Day for me back then because it took what seemed like hours just to get fitted and order the proper uniform pieces. At one point, I got fed up with waiting and decided to go outside while my mom wasn't looking. Right outside were two off-duty firemen. I was very talkative as a kid, so I approached them and started talking to them about stuff. After a while, one of them pointed out that I had my shorts on backwards. I looked down and they were totally backwards. I was outside, in public, talking to strangers while my shorts were on backwards.

I was so embarrassed that I ran inside the shop, bolted into the changing room, and put on my shorts properly. The firemen and my mom had a good laugh about it afterwards.

Had I been older, I would have said it was a fashion statement.

Hmmm not sure. I'm not saying that to be egocentric or anything but its only been about 1.5 years since I joined. I guess being a noob at Fire Emblem compared to some Lunatic peeps on here?

EDIT: now that I think about it I made a bunch of Fire Emblem Awakening Crossover threads awhile back in Fftf months ago. Not my proudest moment...

Edited by LordTaco42

I'm pretty new here so I haven't done anything shameful yet.

But I got started on the internet quite young so I've made a complete ass of myself far more times than I can count. There are place I cannot return to. Literally. I was banned.

The same is slightly true to real life as well; I was such a terrible kid/teen. I'd like to think I've become a much more thoughtful person who has learned from my mistakes, but there are plenty of people out there who will only know me as the asshole they knew when we were younger.

While I don't have anything exact, I was probably a bit of an ass to a few people. Its not intentional, but in the heat of an argument I can get pretty into it so on the internet that can really come off wrong, so apologies to anyone that I've gotten into arguments with. Ive learned to really edit posts and check them over a few times before posting to make sure they dont come off as dumb or demeaning, but sometimes things slip through so.

For the most part I don't think I got too stupid here as I learned my mistakes elsewhere before coming here, like on the WoW forums where I was just being plain stupid by creating threads off of troll articles that I thought were true, like World of Warcraft in the process of being bought by Sony, which clearly didnt happen.

I have only one real shameful moment on here where I misworded a post so fucking badly it made me look like a sociopath and it was so bad that I had to ask NekoKnight to remove the quote from his post (since he quoted it) and I edited the post to be a singular dot.

if we want to talk about shameful moments from my entire internet experience, I started posting on Internet forums when I was 12, so I have a long list of shame. I've been banned from one forum and may as well have been banned from another (got put on perma Moderator approval where all my posts need to be looked over by a moderator before their actually displayed, guess which list never gets read)

you never had a shameful moment you have always been and always will be perfect <33333

Then that time everyone was talking about their most shameful moment and I didn't have one thus showing that I have no capacity for personal growth.

Maybe the most shameful thing is not having shame of anything I've done at all, even if I've slipped up more times than I can count. I don't think I'm being arrogant by saying this. I recognize my mistakes and slips, and instead of feeling horrible for them or having self-pity for myself, I prefer to see those as lessons that I ended up learning the hard way. It's part of the learning proccess to slip and do stupid things, I shouldn't be ashamed of those moments.

I do regret being too combative sometimes, though, and I regret not being able to discuss well enough about topics where I've had a word on or outright advocating for illogical, unreasonable stances.

oh i read this thread as your most shameful moment on this site

i have a lot of moments irl but i really cant pick one as the most. i guess on thursday i was at a suite party and i was drinking. so before the group and i were heading out, i went to pee, and its like a quaint dorm room bathroom with a door for the toilet and a separate door to enter the bathroom. this girl i literally met two hours ago opens the door and starts checking out her makeup. and it was okay since i was just running my hands under the tap. so two things happen, firstly i was like "rude of you to come in like this when im still using the bathroom" jokingly, but this smug bitch goes "use soap next time." which sorta made me feel like a moron. and second i realized i pressed my torso against the side of the sink which was wet, so i had this wet line across my pants which made it look like i urinated on myself. i dont think anyone thought i peed myself, but the fact that i forgot to use soap made me feel like a fucking moron.

yeah but other people are putting shameful moments not on the forum site

it could be like all shameful moments go here or something. not so much your shameful moments on this site. but he probably means the latter given his post

I haven't been on sf long enough to have done something really stupid

but my most shameful moments on the internet:
1. When I was 11 and discovered the voice chat button in TF2.

2. I don't even want to talk about it. I had a phase where I was a huge weaboo, I had an obsession with maid outfits and I constantly RP'd as anime girls that I only knew from fan art. in short, I was the type of person who would defend Camilla's outfit. just typing that made me cringe, wow

3. Every time i've gotten in to an argument, got carried away and said something really stupid or offensive.

Edited by kantoorfarina