Little things about the game that annoy you

We can all agree that Awakening is a great Fire Emblem game, but nothing is perfect, so let's complain about little parts of the game that could have been easily fixed or changed, that annoy you.

• Morgan having generic sprite faces: I know this is kind of nitpicky (so is the whole thread) but it makes Morgan, outside of Tactican/Grandmaster, seem generic. I mean, Lucina got the premium treatment. (maybe some other children, I'm too lazy to check) I can sort of understand how Avatar has generic faces due to the amount of customization options, but Morgan wouldn't have been to hard to implement.
  • Javelins look really strange to me: Short/Spears look fine, but the Javelin looks kind of big and cumbersome.
  • Swordmaster Sprites duel wield: It's cool at first, but due to the fact that they actually can't wield two weapons at once makes it seem off and not fitting.
  • Legendary weapons not having a lot of uses: It makes sense due to game balance, but I find myself not being able to use these weapons at all except on 50+ luck armsthrifters.
Edited by Melonhead

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd definitely use a MU that has facial hair.

Build 3 MaMU having really awkward looking face, art-wise. Looks fine on the model but i dunno it's probably the way the chin/mouth is drawn.

Basilio/Flavia-parented Morgans aren't black. >|

No option to customise the weapons wieldable by the Grandmaster.

For example, if you reached C grade lances, you'd be able to switch remove your sword or tome proficiency to wield them as a Grandmaster. (Grandmaster with Lances and Staves...!)

No Marcus

Theres quite a lot, mostly related on convenience stuff

Can't skip the god damn boss speak. Yeah, Gangrel, I know what you are going to say, so STFU >_>

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

No feet.

Not enough customization for the Avatar (no weight or muscle change, no skin change, no facial hair options...).

DLC and SpotPass characters have generic looks and don't actually look like them (for the most part, one exception is Marth).

You can't get remarried if your S/O has died. You can't marry many S/Os. When people die, their friends don't comment, you should have the ability to turn this on/off, if it ever existed.

We need a map editor, that would make Free DLC for all!

Also, more customization for AVY.

The feet on characters look like they belong on porcelain dolls. We must get real feet.

Edited by Lord Chrom

Why do Great Knights look like plastic action figures? What happened to the horned helmets that previous games had for them?

More importantly, I wanted the battle camera to be more like Por and RD, where your units would attack from either the left or right depending on which side they attack from.

I want to see my characters from the back goddammit!

Chrom and Sumia should have less restricted spouse options, or at least be able to have A-supports with more characters.

I don't understand why they didn't include an anima magic triangle when they made all 3 kinds of magic for the different time ranks.

The legacy characters' battle models should use non-legacy characters' art assets, whether the avatar can or not.

This is a tiny bit long, but stay with me.

So, you know how when you pass another Awakening player, you can see their couples? Well, I passed my brother, who married Tiki. But he also married Morgan to Owain, and I could see that.

Owain appeared with my Owain's hair color (Frederick's, although my brother had Vaike's blond in his game), but his female Morgan (which I don't have, as FeMU) had... Olivia pink hair. I dunno if that was a default or if it was determined closest to my male Morgan's (Gangrel's) hair color, but that bothered me. Why not Tiki's green?

So, you know how when you pass another Awakening player, you can see their couples? Well, I passed my brother, who married Tiki. But he also married Morgan to Owain, and I could see that.

Owain appeared with my Owain's hair color (Frederick's, although my brother had Vaike's blond in his game), but his female Morgan (which I don't have, as FeMU) had... Olivia pink hair. I dunno if that was a default or if it was determined closest to my male Morgan's (Gangrel's) hair color, but that bothered me. Why not Tiki's green?

Morgan's hair defaults to a pink that's a bit darker than #6. Olivia's is closer to #11.

A Default Female Morgan is identical to Est, but otherwise doesn't exist in game.

(FYI: 02, 01, 03, 06 is Morgan (F) Default, or close as possible; 02, 01, 01, 06 is Morgan (M))

Works with any kid you don't have on that file, they'll have their default hair color.

...FYI: The morgans being build 2 MUs is irritating. Makes it impossible to tell if that's a Morgan or MU in fanart.

(So, I've got an idea: No family shown, it's MU. Always. Don't give a damn what you tagged it as.)

Anyways, Feet is the biggest issue with the game.

And there was a poll on GameFAQs where upon Tharja's Ass being Censored edged out "Map design" (Which I think it should, as I like Awakening's maps. They're very, very similar to FE4's, just not as big, they're more segmented (blatantly obvious on Para 2, which isn't out of place or notable for FEA's maps, yet all it is a portion of FE4's Ch4.) and I love FE4's maps) as worst thing about the game.

I can't confirm this... but if anyone every does, I'll laugh if that bug is North American/European versions only.

So many bugs when it comes involving children and/or streetpass. Little bugs that don't break the game nor people care about that much... but still...

[/elitism]

Edited by shadowofchaos

And there was a poll on GameFAQs where upon Tharja's Ass being Censored edged out "Map design" (Which I think it should, as I like Awakening's maps. They're very, very similar to FE4's, just not as big, they're more segmented (blatantly obvious on Para 2, which isn't out of place or notable for FEA's maps, yet all it is a portion of FE4's Ch4.) and I love FE4's maps) as worst thing about the game.

This is GFAQs mind you, where people are crazy and ideas differing from the norm are sacrilege. I don't really get the complaints about Awakening's maps. People say things like, there's too many big open field maps. Well there's 1 (kinda), 2, 4, 8, 11, 19, 23, 25, endgame. That's like one in every 5 on average, there's just a lot towards the start. Ironically very few (but the most notorious) in the section people complain about most; people, huh?

The thing that annoys me most about FE:A is how much (outside of Luna+) it encourages lowmanning. The EXP formula practically hands you constant, easy levelling on a plate, second seals boost it up and just to make sure you got the memo, Avatar starts with a skill that makes it massively easier. And lowmanning is just... thematically and mechanically terrible. One guy decides, nah, I don't like that army, and destroys it without even getting touched. Makes sense right? Meanwhile to make this happen the player has to open his menu and select Auto-Blitz every turn. What great mechanics. Okay, slight exaggeration on it, but seriously, they had it right in FE4, why going backwards so much now?

I can't confirm this... but if anyone every does, I'll laugh if that bug is North American/European versions only.

So many bugs when it comes involving children and/or streetpass. Little bugs that don't break the game nor people care about that much... but still...

[/elitism]

You can check this via the Avatar Logbook. ...I laughed when I first saw FeMorgan with that middle-shade-pink haircolor.

Topic at hand: I'm irritated that I have to change my StreetPass team just to change/update that little card that appears on the Avatar Logbook. Whyyyyy. I don't want to have to redo my team. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go do just that. Le sigh.

This is GFAQs mind you, where people are crazy and ideas differing from the norm are sacrilege. I don't really get the complaints about Awakening's maps. People say things like, there's too many big open field maps. Well there's 1 (kinda), 2, 4, 8, 11, 19, 23, 25, endgame. That's like one in every 5 on average, there's just a lot towards the start. Ironically very few (but the most notorious) in the section people complain about most; people, huh?

The Big Open field maps complaints seems to be pretty common in SF so I dunno >_>