Touhou Draft - Yet Again.

Wen Yang

Edit: It's been long enough without one of these. Reviving this.

Credits to Scarlet for the ruleset.

Rules:

1. This draft is for 4-12 players.
2. All the Windows games will be played, except for PoFV and the ones that aren't integers. With the release of DDC, that's now eight games.
3. Only one character/team/shot/whatever may be drafted per game. Only teams will be picked in IN, but you can then use one of the characters of your team individually if you wish to.
4. No cheating. You can abuse glitches and safespots if that's your thing, though. (MarisaBroken in MoF IS allowed ONLY if you use the Vsync Patch that fixes her broken lasers)

5. The Hitbox Patch for EoSD, as well as V-Sync-Patches to help with laggy controls are explicitely allowed.
6. Practice all you like, but all replays presented are to be recorded during this draft. No here's-one-I-prepared-earlier.
7. You are to state what difficulty mode you will play each game in (each game may be in different difficulty modes) right after finishing the drafting process.

8. Continues are not allowed. You can continue as often as you like when you practice, but your actual submission can't use them.

9. Default gameplay settings (where applicable) - that's 3 lives and 3 bombs in EoSD, PCB and IN.

Procedure:

1. Snake-style drafting will be used to determine shot types used. Take your pick from the entire pool, but after choosing from one game you obviously can't choose another from the same game.
2. The games will be played in chronological order, with each player using what they drafted for each game. You can send in as many replays of the same game as you like, I'll only count the latest - however, once you've sent in a replay of the next game, I will stop accepting improvements of the previous game.

So, for instance, when you finish EoSD, I will accept improvements of EoSD as well as replays of PCB. Once you send in a replay of PCB, I will no longer accept improvements to EoSD, but you can move on to IN (or improve PCB).

Of course there's the deadline, too. Once the first round finishes, the deadline of each following game is exactly one week after the previous.
3. After attaining a satisfactory score, players will send me a replay as evidence (preferably by linking to it via PM, although sending it as an attachment also works). I will then release these replays at the end of the round and declare the scores and rankings. You can upload your replays here (although at this time, DDC does not seem to be supported. You can upload DDC replays here instead). Please don't watch others' replays before the end of each round if they upload them there.

Scoring:

1. The primary source of points is obtaining the highest score. The score Given are as follows:

1st - 15 points

2nd - 12 points

3rd - 9 points

4th - 6 points

5th - 3 points

6th - 0 points

2. 1ccing the game gets you a flat five point bonus.
(For your convenience: this results in 20/17/14/11/8/5 points respectively when the game is 1cc'd.)

Deadline for the 8th Game, TD is November 11th, 12:00 PM GMT+7.

Deadline countdown: http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20141111T12&p0=631&msg=SF+Touhou+Draft%2C+Round+8

Round 1 Result: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=48370&page=4#entry3350142

Draft Pool:

|Touhou06 |Touhou07 |Touhou08 |Touhou10 |Touhou11 |Touhou12 |Touhou13 |Touhou14 |
|Reimu A 1|         |         |         |         |         |         |         |
|         |         |Magic   1|         |         |         |Marisa  1|         |
|Marisa A1|         |Scarlet 1|         |         |         |         |         |
|         |         |         |         |         |         |Youmu   1|         |
|         |         |         |         |         |         |         |         |
|         |         |         |         |         |         |         |         |
|Player          |Touhou06 |Touhou07 |Touhou08 |Touhou10 |Touhou11 |Touhou12 |Touhou13 |Touhou14 |Score|
|Tonton          |Marisa BN|Marisa AN|Nether  N|Marisa AN|Marisa AN|Marisa BN|Sanae   N|Marisa BN|  49 |
|Wen Yang        |Reimu A N|Reimu A N|Border  N|Reimu A N|Reimu C N|Reimu B N|Reimu   N|Reimu B N|  81 |
|Kay             |Marisa BE|Sakuya AE|Nether  E|Marisa BE|Marisa BE|Sanae A E|Youmu   E|Sakuya BE|  45 |
|Akinaoki        |Marisa AN|Reimu B N|Scarlet N|Reimu B N|Reimu A E|Reimu A N|Reimu   N|Sakuya AN| 108 |
|#Most #Qualified|Reimu B N|Marisa BN|Magic   E|Reimu C N|Marisa CE|Marisa AN|Marisa  N|Marisa AN|  34 |
|Balcerzak       |Reimu B N|Sakuya BN|Border  N|Marisa CN|Reimu B N|Sanae B N|Sanae   N|Reimu A N| 151 |
Edited by Wen Yang

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And we have six people. I hereby Declare this draft OPEN!

Randomizing pick order...

Sifer, you go first!

In case someone wasn't clear, the pick order is as follows:

Sifer -> Me -> Kay -> Aki -> Most -> Bal

Edited by Wen Yang

Just RNG the rest for me. I havn't played any of the other Touhou games so it is not like I would have chosen characters and shot types from experiance. Plus I won't be able to be on SF for three days because of school and work.