Rank the newcomer trailers

Florete

And give your general reactions if you'd like.

Remember, this is not about how much you like or wanted to see a character, but how good you think the trailers were.

1. Robin/Lucina

Is it a surprise that this trailer has been the only one shown on its own, not in a direct or E3 presentation? I don't think so, and it was able to do that because it was amazing enough to be shown on its own. Do other trailers include two newcomers? No. Do other trailers confirm veterans? Only one more, but this one had Captain Falcon.

This is the only trailer that really surprised people, because it showed a newcomer immediately, making us think that was it, then brought another one in, and the impact of it all was great. There was a lot of content in this trailer alone.

2. Greninja

Just that opening was enough for me to rank this at the top before the Lucina/Robin trailer. Watching the Pokeballs fly through the air and hit the ground as the Pokemon theme plays was pulled off spectacularly, and the introduction of Greninja came gradually while keeping you wondering who it was.

3. Rosalina & Luma

This is the only one that, for a while, you really had no clue who it was going to be, and that surprise and suspense is part of what made it so good.

4. Little Mac

Even though it was pretty easy to see who it was from the beginning, it still had a very good impact with Little Mac training hooded and Doc Louis' narrative going on alongside it.

5. Mega Man

I don't really have anything to say about this one, lol. It was pretty good.

6. Wii Fit Trainer

A lot of the impact of this one was in the surprise that they would actually add such a character. Otherwise it was a pretty standard trailer.

7. Pac-Man

The red, blue, yellow introduction was pretty cool, but otherwise it was pretty standard.

8. Shulk

Sorry, but...I thought Shulk's trailer was pretty underwhelming overall. It was immediately obvious who was being revealed, but even then the lead up to him was kind of weak.

9. Palutena

I'm happy Palutena made it in, but her trailer honestly sucked. Not only did we see her immediately, she spoke immediately, making it plainly obvious it was about her so long as you knew her name. The rest of it was pretty standard fare, but she didn't even really do anything in the animated portion like most others did.

Funniest part is that getting rid of the first 8 seconds would probably bump this up a few ranks alone. The lack of suspense was seriously damaging.

I didn't rank Villager because that was more of a trailer for the whole game and mostly wasn't about Villager at all.

This is totally opinionated, right? Right.

1. Rosalina & Luma

This is absolute bias kicking in. But it's not just that. I truly loved her trailer. Intriguing, and as you said, it really could've been anyone until Luma showed up. Luma kinda gave it away xD!

2. Robin / Lucina

They had a pretty nice trailer. It was a 3 in 1, so that was fantastic. A LOT of stuff revealed during this trailer. And it was nice. AMAZING music!

3. Palutena

Though they did immediately reveal Palutena, not *everyone* knew who she was, but I liked the scene of Pit & Link fighting. Playing "Boss Battle 1" music while showing off her specials was a smart decision, definitely.

4. Shulk

I admit, I've never played Xenoblade Chronicles before, but I love Shulk. Despite the fact it was clearly shown from the get-go, it was a pretty interesting trailer, showing the different powers of the Monado.

Plus, Shulk was smoking hot! I could feel myself dying inside.

5. Little Mac

Kick-ass music! I wasn't a fan of him, but my brother certainly loved the trailer. I would rate him higher... but he used the KO-Uppercut on Samus... *check sig*

6. Wii Fit Trainer

I loved the beginning of Mario, Link, and Kirby stretching! So great to see actually exercise for once! WFT made a great entrance, smacking them all away, especially when they couldn't keep their balance! Silly Mario!

7. Greninja

I admit, the scene with all the pokeballs flying in was awesome, but I just have absolutely no care for Pokemon. I have to admit though, showing off Charizard too was a very smart decision. I could feel the Charizard-fans jumping for joy!

8. Pac Man

I really did not like this trailer... it had nice bits & pieces, but overall was boring to me. I liked how they showed G&W at the end though.

9. Mega Man

This was just a really bland trailer to me. I do not like Mega Man, nor did I like his trailer. Though, I have to admit, showing off his specials was done was nicely, and I have to give them props for that.

1. Robin and Lucina.

Why? Captain Falcon is technically canon in the world of Fire Emblem now. THAT would be good DLC. In addition, I had my hopes down since I thought Chrom would be the character, generic swordsman. I was pumped, needless to say.

2. Little Mac.

I barely cared about Little Mac before I saw his trailer. I didn't even care about Punch-Out. And his trailer made him the first character I'm going to try out in Super Smash Bros. Very powerful effect.

3. Pac-Man. I know, this sounds weird, since there was barely any cinematic and I love that. Nostalgia effect. I grew up playing Pac-Man World, so seeing this design of him INSTANTLY skyrocketed what I think of this game, and I loved it already. Come on. He's the original yellow pizza. Show some respect.

4. Mega Man. Mega Man is one of my favorite gaming characters of all time. Do I need to say more?

5. Greninja/Charizard. The music has a very powerful effect, Greninja was my Y main.

6. Mii Fighters. That was the best cinematic fight scene I've ever...seen. Huh.

7. (Tie) Rosalina and Palutena. (This goes for both of them.) She's a character I was interested in and it was cool to see her in.

8. Villager. First footage of the game, I was playing a lot of City Folk.

9. Shulk. Meh.

10. Wii Fit Trainer. *rolls on floor laughing*

1. Rosalina and Luma

The general "woah what the heck is going on?" with the Kirby Air Ride and Mario Kart stuff, complete with the adorable Luma. When the direct happened in December, they didn't even have the new "shing fwoof" opening that the trailers have now, so I didn't even know what game this was. And to top it of with the confirmation of my most wanted character, and a character I thought had no chance at appearing, was simply too much for me and I was an emotional wreck for most of the day.

2. Lucina/Robin

The death of Gematsu (or not, depending on who you talk to). Chrom took an HD Falcon Punch to the face to free speculation from the grasp of the Chorus Kids (who I actually want to get included to be honest). Also first trailer to confirm two newcomers too.

3. Palutena

Mostly because it was Palutena and, after Rosalina's confirmation, she became my most wanted character. Though I agree that the lack of suspense was rather... disappointing.

4. Wii Fit Trainer

A hilarious character got an equally hilarious trailer. Seeing everyone's reactions to her at E3 were priceless.

5. Pac-Man

Kinda meh, but it's saved by the fact that we have Mario, Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man in the same game.

6. Shulk

No suspense at all, and the leaked stuff about him made him hard to get hyped for other than the initial reaction of "Yay it's Shulk".

7. Mega Man

I don't know anything about Mega Man so this is the trailer I feel the most neutral about.

8. Little Mac

Really just because I don't like the character. I just don't see the appeal.

9. Charizard/Greninja

Oh gosh this is hard. Okay, here we go...

1. Robin/Lucina

This trailer really surprised me, and it was totally awesome seeing Captain Falcon just shrug off Lucina's attacks. Not saying I don't like Lucina, she's actually one of my favorite Awakening characters, but that was just awesome. And Robin looks really fun to play as.

2. Palutena

I don't care if it was obvious it was her trailer, it was awesome! The fight between Link and Pit really helped the awesomeness. I really have no other words for it other than: awesome.

3. Shulk

Again, I don't care if it was obvious who was being shown. I thought all the characters (Bowser, Shulk, Marth, Link) looked amazing with those graphics/CG/whatever, although I do think both Link and Marth would probably beat Shulk.

4. Greninja

Another surprising character reveal. It showed a new character that I didn't even know I wanted! Plus it showed Charizard.

5. Rosalina & Luma

Out of all the Mario characters, she was the one I expected the least. I expected Daisy, Waluigi, Toad, and so many others to get in over her. And at first I thought it was a Mario Kart video, I had no idea what was going on at first.

6. Little Mac

Little Mac was one of the characters on my wishlist, so I was of course happy to see him make the cut as a playable character. I liked his trailer, but it reminded me of the Rocky movies way too much, and since one of the TV channels here has been playing those movies to death...I've had my fill of Rocky.

7. Mega Man

Mega Man is a character I've always been pretty indifferent about when it came to including him in Smash Bros., so when he was revealed I didn't really feel much. But, the trailer made me think to myself "Zelda Wii U with these graphics please, Link looks amazing." That obviously didn't happen, but yeah.

8. Villager

I've never really been into Animal Crossing, so again this trailer didn't make me feel much.

9. Wii Fit Trainer

This one seriously made me go "Wii Fit Trainer? Really? Dumb!" I will admit though, as I saw more of WFT in action, I warmed up to the idea.

10. Pac-Man

My least favorite of all the trailers. I like Pac-Man and all, but his trailer didn't really wow me.

I don't remember the Mii Fighters having a trailer. If they did...I dunno where I'd rank them, I'd have to see it.

I'm also gonna rate by context

1) Megaman: One of the first characters shown and the fact that its another third party means a lot. Not to mention, for anyone who played the game, Megaman's movement and attacks were spectacular to see in 3D model form. I'm pretty sure this trailer blew everyone's minds when it came out

2) Robin/Lucina: There were lots of guesses on who this reveal was at the time, including Rayman, Shulk, and Chrom. Then the reveal plays, and "Lucina wakes her blade?!" then, after a super badass showing by the best character ever Captain Falcon, ANOTHER character was revealed alongside Lucina

3) Villager: Even though it was more of a reveal for the game itself, it still was amazing to see this game in action for the first time, as well as the fact that handheld smash bros is actually a thing

4) Mii Fighters: Reggie vs Iwata. Enough said

5) Little Mac: An absolutely beautiful introduction and Doc's coaching throughout the trailer really got me pumped up to try him out

6) Palutena: The opening cutscene was amazing and pretty funny, and the dialogue in the trailer was basically what playing Kid Icarus Uprising was like

7) Greninja: Really cool seeing the pokeballs fly in and the final smashes for the Pokemon, but it seemed to lack something

8) Shulk: A beautifully done introduction scene was all I needed to get hyped about this guy, not to mention seeing his Monado in action was really really cool looking. His English voice really irks me though and leak info kinda made it less suspenseful than it should have been

9) Rosalina and Luma: A really well done opening and it showed enough of Luma's benefits, like getting out of grabs and fighting two people at once. However, I thought the opening dragged on a bit much.

10) Wii Fit Trainer: As much as I actually like WFT, the trailer itself just kinda seemed lame

11) Pac-Man: If it was any other character it would have been a lame reveal but because it's Pac-Man it's cool. Lack of an actual opening kinda made me sad but w/e

Overall, a good opening and good dialogue make for a great trailer

I'll take a shot

1. Robin/Lucina

I loved it because it not only introduced my most wished character, but it also confirmed Falcon is back. The suspense was awesome, and I kinda thought Lucina would have been the only person. When I saw the Elwind, I knew my wish was fulfilled. (Honestly, I kinda thought Chrom fangirls would have said, "Oh my gosh, Chrom can change into a Dread Fighter") I put this as number 1 because Sakurai pretty much told us in advance, and that's when I started to build hype.

2. Little Mac

Punch Out!!! is one of my favorite Nintendo games, and I was more than excited to see our low height boxer becoming a playable character. He was also one of my wishlisted characters, and his trailer had a cool artistic effect.

3. Greninja/Charizard

Yep, this was an awesome one. I didn't care if it was Mewtwo, just seeing two badass pokemon confirmed as well as the little hidden action was pretty cool.

4. Palutena

I just Divine Interventioned my pants from her little seductive action. Jokes aside, it didn't have as much suspense, but the starting animation was awesome as heck.

5. Rosalina

The whole Mario Kart beginning was cute, the music was epic, but no, her entrance was pretty obvious.

6. Wii Fit Trainer

Too brief, but the beginning segment was pretty funny.

7. Shulk

As the leak came before his release, I wasn't so surprised by his appearance. The trailer itself didn't wow me too much.

8. Pac Man

I don't really give two shits about the yellow man. The only thing he's famous for was his first game. The trailer was pretty cool though, but really, his moves spotlight wasn't so eyecatching. Also, he wasn't much of a memorable experience, like the Robin trailer.

The Villager/Mega Man trailer will not count, as like what OP said, was a trailer for the game itself. Also, Villager is my least liked character. I'm actually glad he changes his facial expression to a fearful one when he gets damaged or screen ko'd. I just hate how people think he'll always show the same expression even when damaged.

1. Robin/Lucina

Most unexpected surprise for me of all the trailers. I wanted Lucina but I was expecting her to not be playable and load and behold.
As someone who is also a huge F-Zero fan and played every single title in the series, Captain Falcon was great as always and Robin sealed the deal for me for the new playable character. The animation was great just like most CG FE games and to see a crossover with a bunch of laughing, explosions and two of my favourite series in one trailer is great. Great animation, great use of different angles and battles that I thought I would see happen. It's definitely my favourite poster of the newcomers.

2. Rosalina & Luma

There was no smash bros logo when this appeared in the original direct. I legitimately thought it was some Kirby Air Ride with Mario Kart crossover. But no I love the animation that went with this and being a galaxy fan I really like it and Rosalina was animated beautifully and the annoucement was another character that I never expected. I always love the space atmosphere so seeing something like this is just great. It is my 2nd favourite poster of the newcomers.

3. Little Mac

I love the art style they used in this. It reminded me a lot of one of the Tekken Character Ending CGs they used for one the characters that I forgotten and just to hear the theme was great. Although it was an expected character, just being able to see him in his Punch Out Wii iteration was great and loved his game so it was a great trailer. It is my 4th favourite poster of the newcomers.

4. Mega Man

HOLY **************************************. That is all that needed to be said. It has my 3rd favourite poster of the newcomers.

5. Wii Fit Trainer

Threw me and many other people but I love how unexpected it was. Love the poses the characters do and not what I expected them to do in a smash bros cross over. Exceeded my expectation although not much was really shown afterwards. It is my 5th favourite poster of the newcomers.

6. Greninja

I was kind of meh since even though I'm a fan of pokemon, I was expecting a pokemon newcomer. Greninja definitely surprised me to some extent. I do love the pikmin and the projectiles being thrown at charizard. But overall, I didn't get much feelings from Greninja. So he was kind of meh. It is my 8th favourite poster of the newcomers. The CG animation is nice though.

7. Shulk

Beautiful CG animation and love the renders but that's all really. Bowser was cute though. I still need to play Xenoblade. It is my 6th favourite poster of the newcomer

8. Palutena

Where do I begin with this. I am a huge fan of anime but I never really liked the animation art style of the 3rd Kid Icarus Uprising Cartoon they made and the studio's work. To see them use the same studio made me urk a bit. The animation wasn't insanely bad don't get me wrong but it had every cliche bad art direction. It looked like really bad amateur art. I don't like how Palutena's face is drawn, I don't like the voice direction for this for some reason and I loved Kid Icarus Uprising's voice direction even in the English dub. But for some reason I felt this does done poorly for me. It is also my least favourite poster. It looks like some bad fanart. Even my sister who is a fan of Kid Icarus Uprising does not like the art direction at all and she's an artist.

9. Pac-Man

Most underwhelming trailer. Not much to say and not really anything impressive. It is my 7th favourite poster of the newcomer though.

Edited by kingddd

god tier

• greninja. fantastic gorgeously-animated opening, the long stretch of gameplay footage without any characters babbling was greatly appreciated, and, well, greninja
  • little mac. the animated segment was basically perfect - atmospheric soundtrack, neat animation style - and i was disappointed to later find that the wii punch-out itself does not, in fact, have that style in its own cutscenes

top tier

• mega man. seriously, everything about that trailer was so artfully composed
  • palutena. i'm lame and keep cracking up at "ANGELIC MISSILE". also uprising's boss battle theme instantly makes things better

high tier

• rosalina. the animated segment was just stunning, and while previously i wasn't sold on the idea of rosalina the trailer alone made me completely change my tune
  • shulk. good trailer, but let down by adam howden's dubious voice performance... then promptly brought right back up by shirtless shulk i couldn't stop laughing
  • wii fit trainer, again mostly because comedy factor owing to the fact that i'm lame, but still really great

mid tier

• lucina/robin, albeit ONLY because of captain falcon. the captain alone carried the entire thing. robin's constant babble throughout it left it dead in the water otherwise, not to mention the entire "jesus fuck why why WHY does fe13 have TWO playable characters" factor killing the enthusiasm just as quickly

low tier

• pac-man. the dramatic zoom out on pac-man followed by the comedic-sounding mouth opening was really nice but otherwise ehh
Edited by bookofholsety

1. Palutena

This one was the greatest reveal ever so far. With no pricks to ruin it and that it passed me out after she mentions on how legendary that Link is and that she decides to have a shot at him after her subordinate Pit failed. XD

2. Greninja

Greninja: I'm a Ninja. I'm a ninja. No. Seriously. He was saying just that after he made his apperance through the pale moonlight. This one was my second favorite as no pricks ruined it and that it was great seeing Meloetta and Keldeo in the reveal.

3. Mega Man-Him appearing showed that he just got activated as the robotic sound effects were very nicely done. Made me smile at the creators of this game to do that.

4. Little Mac-Showing him exercising with Doc Louis made it very interesting to watch.

5. Pac-Man-Nice reveal as it showed a mouth with pricks sorta ruining it (showing off his design) with the exception of showing off his action and that it caught me off guard to see him using fruit for his attack in the trailer.

6. Shulk-Sucked because the leakers ruined it. -.-

7. Wii-Fit Trainer-Meh.

8.Rosalina and Lumi-A smile as it was great to see Lumi in action. XP

9. Lucina and Robin-Lucina was boo as we wanted Chrom. Robin gets a thumbs up especially with the Elwind tome demonstration while flipping through the pages as for the first time ever, we now know on how tomes get used and break. They break after enough pages gets torn out.

Edited by PuffPuff

Ayanami is CLEARLY jealous of the Lucina/Robin trailer. Also Chrom can eat a Falcon Punch for lunch.

Anyhow

1. Robin/Lucina: This one blew my mind. And the fact that Captain Falcon was in it made it even better.

2. Mii Fighters: Epic battle between Iwata and Reggie.

3 .Little Mac: Awesome animation and atmosphere and stuff.

4. Greninja: Really cool trailer overall.

5. Rosalina & Luma: The kart scene was cute, and loved the music.

6. Mega Man: Cool introduction and such. Not much to say.

7. Shulk: This one's lower because of leaks, and the fact it was obvious who it was gonna be. Still a nice trailer.

8. Wii Fit Trainer: A character no one expected, and the Wii Fit segment was funny. Otherwise, pretty standard.

9. Pac-Man: Like the dramatic zoomed in, and music. Other wise, eh.

10. Palutena: Gotta admit, hers is really not the most impressive. It's still great that she made it in.

i didn't know it being a mystery until halfway into the trailer or whatever was so important.

1. robin/lucina

2. shulk

3. little mac

whilst the other trailers were beautiful, they didn't hype me up like these did. they're all equal in my eyes, with i guess palutena and greninja being a little more impressive. but in terms of newcomers i can't wait to play as, the 4 above take the cake. please keep snake!

1. Robin/Lucina: Captain Falcon was shown in just about the best way possible (aesthetically and kickassery), I've wanted a magic user in Smash to diverse the FE cast a bit, and I just love the general art style from Awakening's cutscenes. Fantastic trailer

2. Little Mac: The western comic book art style really supplemented Little Mac's trailer beautifully. Doc's commentary deserves a mention, too. Probably not going to use him much, but the way the trailer was done was awesome

3. Mii characters: Reggie and Iwata duking it out. I shouldn't have to say more. This is how I imagine the two say hello to each other all the time

4. Shulk: Leak kinda didn't make this as unexpected as I wanted it to be, but it was pretty good nonetheless. The remixed Xenoblade tracks (I think there was two?) were also pleasant to listen to

5. Greninja and Charizard: This is just Pokémon bias, really. I, personally, can't stand Charizard, but Greninja's inclusion was pretty cool. Probably one of the 95% who thought it was Mewtwo, and not Greninja. Nice to see some 6th Gen rep

The rest are kinda together at the bottom of my excitement, truth be told. Palutena's trailer I guess gets a shout-out, purely because Link + Pit fighting together in an anime art style got me wanted a Smash anime pretty badly. It won't happen, but a man can dream.

Much like Ridley

Ooh, this is a fun thread. ^^

1. Robin/Lucina no contest. Not only did it bring one of my most wanted characters (ROBIN! :D) and made that character the bigger announcement, it also showed Ike with some blue fire at the end AND it shot Gematsu in the foot. No Chrom is a good thing. The only thing I honestly DIDN'T like about this trailer was Lucina. She was pretty much the last character I wanted in Smash. But I'm over it, of course. :P

2. Palutena. An anime-like movie of Pit vs Link was just awesome!

3. Rosalina. It had me fooled at first thinking it was another Kirby-related reveal or something, then the Mario Karters showed up and BAM Rosalina. :D

4. Miis. As someone said earlier, Reggie vs Iwata. Just lol

The rest can go in pretty much any order, except for Greninja, who's last. I don't like the (imo) ugly frog at all, so it was a big disappointment for me.

1. Megaman. BLUE BOMBAH HYPE. Showing off most of Megaman's moves, as well as where they come from, was pure hype. Still the best moment of E3 2013.

2. Little Mac. MAC BABY.

3. Robin/Lucina. The good Captain making his Smash 4 debut in probably the coolest way possible certainly helps, but the rest of the trailer is no slouch either. Does a nice job showing of how both Robin and Lucina work.

4. Greninja. I never really thought for a second that they were teasing Mewtwo, but apparently that's just me.

5. Pac-Man. I wasn't expecting Pac-Man to be exciting at all, but this trailer showed him off in probably the best way possible. Kudos.

6. Shulk. Admittedly the hype was slightly diminished after him being leaked, but that doesn't really matter. Pac-man and Mac's trailers were still great despite veryone expecting them. Having said that, this trailer was pretty good. Does a nice job showing of his Monado mechanic.

7. Miis. The whole Reggie vs. Iwata thing was pretty funny. Miis turned out better than I expected as well. Other than that it was just okay.

8. Wii Fit trainer. The opening is funny, and the WTF factor was nice, but other than that this trailer was just okay.

9. Palutena. The anime intro is nice, but as others have noted the trailer just wasn't that exciting. Kinda funny how Palutena ended up being the least hype worthy character of E3 2014, despite everyone expecting her to be the most exciting.

10. Rosalina & Luma. I WANTED KIRBY AIR RIDE 2, DANGIT. ;_;

1. Robin/Lucina. Huge surprise. Lucina was my most wanted. Robin and Falcon were bonuses.

2. Shulk. omgomgomgomg

3. Greninja. Really caught me off guard.

4. Villager. I love Animal Crossing, and this was the perfect first trailer.

5. Mega Man. THE HYPE IS REAL

6. Mii Fighters. A great way to show them off. I'm totally playing Mii Brawler though.

7. Rosalina. Love her, loved her trailer.

8. Pac-Man. Cool I guess. Didn't catch it live, but oh well, I couldn't have.

9. Palutena. A little obvious, but a surprise trailer was nice.

10. Wii Fit Trainer. I love her, but it was a boring trailer >_>.

11. Little Mac. Got it spoiled that it was him, didn't do much.

1. Mega Man - This was the trailer that started the hype.

2. Robin/Lucina - Two of my most wanted in the same trailer! Also deconfrims Chrom!

3. Greninja - Did not see that one coming, and new Mega final Smashes are awesome.

4. Villager - Started the best line of Nintendo memes ever.

5. Shulk - Could have ranked higher but leak spoiled a lot of hype.

6. Rosalina - Trailer was meh but Rosalina is awesome, best Mario char.

7. Wii Fit Trainer - Funny but meh.

8. Palutena - Not a character I was hyping.

9. Mii Fighters - Was largely against this idea but the things they showed off were kinda cool.

10. Little Mac - The most bland and boring newcomer

11. Pac Man - Boooo....

1. Shulk: Because Shulk.

2. Little Mac: It was just a cool trailer in my mind.

3. Palutena: Another character I really wanted, and more great banter like in Uprising.

4. Mii Fighters: Iwata vs. Reggie was awesome.

5. Greninja: Was a bit bummed it wasn't Mewtwo (though the fact that it was making something out of what was clearly water instead of physic energy should've given that away), but a cool trailer nonetheless. And I always consider Greninja as probably the best option for a Smash moveset out of Gen VI (except maybe Hawlucha, but Greninja is the fully-evolved form of one of the starters while Hawlucha is just a random Pokemon, so Greninja has more relevance). Also, Charizard, my favorite Pokemon of all time (Yes, I'm really original), was confirmed to return. Even if I wasn't very good as Charizard in Brawl, I love having my favorite Pokemon there.

6. Wii Fit Trainer: Out of nowhere newcomer that no one wanted, but the hilarious trailer made up for it. And it wouldn't be a Smash Bros. game without some downright bizarre characters. Characters like Mr. Game and Watch and ROB who, despite their historical relevance, are not the sort of characters you'd expect a moveset to be developed for. Wii Fit Trainer is a symbol of the Wii era, where casual games like Wii Fit led to huge sales for Nintendo, much like how ROB is a symbol of what got people to buy a ton of NES consoles in the 80's.

7-10: Pac-Man, Mega Man, Rosalina, Villager: All were OK trailers. All were characters I was fairly neutral towards, to be honest. They all seem to have gotten interesting movesets. Basically, these four are pretty much interchangeable in my mind.

11: Robin/Lucina: Even though it confirmed my second-most-wanted newcomer (Lucina), even though Captain Falcon is awesome, and even though Shulk ended up not being deconfirmed just because Gematsu was, I still don't like this. At all. I said over a month ago that I would shut up about how much I hate Robin, so I'll stop ranting right now.

1. Villager

This is the trailer that started it all. We get an initial cast of 9 veterans plus a newcomer. It also has some creative fun and shows the Villagers moves well. I like how it starts with the Villager shows you it's a Smash trailer, then it throws in all this excitement and distractions so you almost forget about the newcomer for a second.

2. Robin & Lucina

We got two newcomers in this trailer. That definitely puts it a step ahead. Plus we got confirmation of an N64 veteran. The style and the bit with Chrom was fun. Showed off Robin well, but did leave a few questions to be answered. Anyway, couldn't ask for much more out of a trailer.

3. Mii Fighters

It was such a fun trailer to watch. This trailer and the way they made the Mii Fighters changed my negative outlook about Miis to a positive one.

4. Little Mac

This one showed that these trailers could have style. I love how it was built up and presented. Good music too. Loved the reveal of Sandbag :P Another reason i rank this trailer so high is that it really does a good job showing off how Little Mac works--what his moves are and his strengths and weakness.

5. Mega Man

Love how this trailer goes back and forth and shows his moves off. Plus some rocking tunes, a long time wanted newcomer, and beautiful display. This trailer is definitely one of my favorites, even if it's not the best trailer.

6. Greninja

Shows off a ton of Pokeball Pokemon. Shows Charizard as a solo returner. Looks great and shows off some final smashes.

7. Shulk

Love how they play out the Marth & Link onslaught. Shows off Jump, Speed, Shield, Buster, and Smash. That alternate costume appearance.

8. Palutena

Love the intro style. It looks like a Saturday Morning Smash cartoon. Shows off and names many of pieces of her large customizable moveset.

9. Rosalina

Great misdirection, very cute, shows off good uses of Rosalina + Luma.

10. Wii Fit Trainer

This trailer was pretty simple and boring. Not bad, but also not good.

11. Pac Man

Kinda missed out on the magic of this trailer because it was done behind closed doors and announced via plain text. The way it was released/done just rubs me the wrong way. The trailer also didn't do anything clever or clarify how he plays. Plus what was up with Game & Watch at the end? There's no confirmation of him, but he appeared at the end of the trailer.

1. Robin and Lucina -- after putting over 900 hours in Fire Emblem Awakening, it's no surprise that I'm hyped after seeing the trailer.

2. Greninja -- this is the only trailer I've seen live during the live Direct -- massive OMG moment once Greninja was revealed.

3. Rosalina+Luma and Palutena (tie) -- I'm excited for both of those ladies to be in Smash!

4. Mii Fighters and Wii Fit Trainer -- both had me laughing

5. Pac-Man -- another OMG moment for me and laughed at giant Pac-Man chasing Mario, Sonic and Mega Man at the end of the trailer

6. Villager -- "You came to the wrong neighborhood, ************"

7. Little Mac -- standard fare to me

8. Shulk -- the trailer was rather boring to me when compared to the other trailers. I also honestly do not like Shulk's English voice acting.

Edited by Roflolxp54

I'll try this. This is my opinion, don't get angry please.

1: Shulk: His trailer made me go from pretty hyped (because I saw him in the leak, I was just kinda looking forward to Smash 4 before Shulk was leaked) to extremely hyped. The CG intro was gorgeous, especially with the Shulk vs Link and Marth part. I got a good feel how Shulk would work from the gameplay in the trailer, and Metal Face at the end was really neat.

2: Little Mac: The drawn intro and music got me into it. The commentary from Doc Louis was amazing.

3: Palutena: I like the anime fight between Pit and Link, and Palutena's introduction made me smile. The back talk between her and Pit was pretty well done as well.

4: Megaman: I thought how his intro was handled was pretty epic. First sign that Smash 4 would be better than the lack lustre Brawl for me.

5: Robin and Lucina: To be honest, if it weren't for Captain Falcon beating the crap out of Lucina and Chrom at the start (That was really amazing), this would be the worst newcomer trailer by far, IMO. Robin and Lucina just talk eachother, and it isn't entertaining at all, unlike Doc Louis in Little Mac's trailer and Palutena in her trailer. (Don't get me wrong, I like that Lucina and Robin are in, just I think the trailer wasn't so good)

6: Greninja: The return of Charizard was neat, and the build-up to Greninja was rather well done.

7: Rosalina: Her trailer made her look interesting to play as.

8: Wii Fit Trainer: Her trailer made me laugh.

9: Villager: His glare was amusing, but the trailer didn't really interest me.

10: Pac Man. I just didn't like it.

Edited by Shulk