Is Male Corrin x Niles Worth It?

TheBrightCube

Recently I found out that if you marry Niles as a guy, you don't get Nina and you won't get Kanna. So...whats the point? Are there any special benefits you get if you marry him as a guy rather than a girl? Idk, it kinda makes it seem that you are inferior if you are gay for him :/ .

Edited by TheBrightCube

As far as I've heard, children aren't necessarily worth it either. So, its up to you on whether or not you want kids. It can be a dealbreaker for some, but others don't care.

Nina's apparently pretty good. The Paralogues could also be nice for extra EXP and items.

Yeah, this is why children existing and having gay pairings sucks for said gay couple. I hope that future FE titles avoid having a second generation for this very reason.

I am making a file where I get all children in one and another where I can have the M!Corrin x Niles pairing.

Edited by Leif

Yeah, this is why children existing and having gay pairings sucks for said gay couple. I hope that future FE titles avoid having a second generation for this very reason.

I am making a file where I get all children in one and another where I can have the M!Corrin x Niles pairing.

tbh i think they could have pulled off at least Nina via adoption (missing out Kanna would suck, but there's the dragon kid argument some other people have brought up before) but then again, the whole way kids exist into this game is already pretty awkward and contrived so just doing off without them would probably be for the better.

Edited by soranauta

tbh i think they could have pulled off at least Nina via adoption (missing out Kanna would suck, but there's the dragon kid argument some other people have brought up before) but then again, the whole way kids exist into this game is already pretty awkward and contrived so just doing off without them would probably be for the better.

I think a unique, specially adopted kid exclusive to the gay pairings would've been the best way. If that happened, the gay marriage would've had a tactical flair to it.. Choose Nina and Kanna, or a different kid you can't get any other way.

You miss out on two characters, Corrin gets a class that he could get anyway from their A support, and Niles isn't some outstanding unit that really wants a certain class to wreck face. Marrying Niles as a male Corrin is, as far as gameplay bonuses are concerned, the absolute worst option.

That said, if you don't use the kids, it's not much different from any other pairing. It's not like obtaining two characters you never use will benefit you, and there are plenty of other first-gen units who really don't need to marry Corrin to succeed. Personally, however, as much as it pains me to say it, expressing my queer identity in a Fire Emblem game is less important to me than ontaining all the characters and using the ones I want. I shouldn't have to choose, but hey, that's just how it is.

Edited by gayserbeam

From a gameplay perspective, no, not at all. As gayser said, probably the game's worst ship. Even fem!Corrin/Rhatja is more efficient.

Marrying Zero is mainly for the entertainment value, so just do it in for fun playthroughs.

I think a unique, specially adopted kid exclusive to the gay pairings would've been the best way. If that happened, the gay marriage would've had a tactical flair to it.. Choose Nina and Kanna, or a different kid you can't get any other way.

Honestly, if they had kids, I think this is the only way I would have preferred it. I don't actually intend to do a M!Corring/Niles pairing, but if I had decided to do that, getting the same child Niles would have gotten if he had gotten one genetically would break my immersion, somewhat.

IMO Niles still can get something from Kamui, for min-maxing he would be better sorc, fast however he won't hit that hard how Nyx.
Tomefaire from Kamui would help him damage things. Maybe not on lunatic, however on Hard i'm sure he can be fine Sorc even story-wise.

From a gameplay perspective, no, not at all. As gayser said, probably the game's worst ship. Even fem!Corrin/Rhatja is more efficient.

Marrying Zero is mainly for the entertainment value, so just do it in for fun playthroughs.

really? I would of thought they'd be the same what makes it better? out of curiosity.

1. You're only missing out on Kanna. WIth Niles, you miss 2.
2. Rhatja has all the stats and classes she could want from her parents and A+ supports. You marrying her gives her yet another class/skills. More than Niles can, especially since Arthur is his only support that gives him something new.

It's still a bad pair in comparison to others, but it still beats Niles in terms of gameplay.

Edited by Duke of Dozel

I'd love to marry Niles, he's cute and I love their support but at the same time, I like Nina so much (I am big fan of Les Mis, hence my username). Sooooo I'll get Male Corrin support with Niles in a second playthrough.

I ship them so much but I love Nina too :( why can´t Niles adopt her and we can get both of them.

I mean, you can only bring so many units to a map. The loss of Nina and Kanna won't stop me from marrying my one true love.

(I'll get Nina and Kanna in one of my other playthroughs)

It'll stop certain kids from being together, and thus certain kids won't have someone to pair up with or get new classes.

Do it for the kids/shot

Nah, go marry him, it's a new feature in FE and it's to please the fans. But Im just letting y'all know what you're getting into.

I'm still irritated that the kids were included in the first place so missing out on two of them doesn't bother me at all. Besides, I'd want male Kanna if I did get Kamui's child but since they gender-locked him to the female avatar, I can't get him anyway.

If someone comes out with an ARCode (or a hack/mod) that allowed an imported child to support, would that make the lesbian/gay options better?

Personally, unless there's a hack/mod that allows m!Corrin to marry Foleo (without changing his gender), it's doubtful that I'll pick any gay option, but then again I just like Foleo - also it'd be even more interesting with one of the avatar options that basically makes m!Corrin a trap as well.