Cam's Crapola

CT075

Seeing as of page six I still didn't find my old topic I have officially said "fuck it" and made a new one.

MOstly maps and icons since I can't mug for my life.

EDIT 2/28/12 - I do take requests, if you need them. Maps generally take way longer than icons, so chances are I won't accept too many of those. Icons, however, are fast and I'll do them in bulk if necessary. All I ask is that you be understanding with tentative deadlines, I can understand one or two necessary to meet a patch release date or something but if you shove a list at me and say "I NEED ALL 40 OF THESE DONE BY NEXT TUESDAY" then I'm likely to reject.

- Maps

-- For some competition or other

hZVQ.png

hZW3.png

hZWc.png <- THIS IS THE ONLY ONE THAT IS LESS THAN TWO MONTHS OLD

-- For my hack

i6Ok.png <- EXCEPT THIS THAT I THINK IS ABOUT A MONTH OLD

i6OM.png

- Icons

-- for my hack

hZWt.png <- EXCEPT FOR MAYBE ONE OR TWO OF THESE

-- for others

Coming soon once I have enough boredom time to make a compilation!

- Other

-- Battle (THANK YOU JUBBY)

i6Qd.png <- Pretend I filled in the name/weapon boxes on the enemy side.

i6OY.png <- The palette on Batta's weapon is fucked up because of the ROM I inserted it into.

Edited by Camtech

The killer sword looks kinda weird, the blade looks messy.

It's a scimitar, it's supposed to look like that. If anything, I would have said that the hero sword's blade looks a little weird, but it's still OK. And I like how you have the weapons neat and arranged by type. Makes it easier to identify everything.

Solid work Cam. I like what you did with the FE5 map. Never would have thought of that myself.

I don't see how you missed it since it was on page 6

unless you meant you stopped on page 5

also are the slayer weapons supposed to be the WT changing things or like armorslayers :x

oh damn I just looked at the thing in the competitions for maps

so clever with fe5

Edited by Dirk Strider

The maps looks pretty good. The killer sword looks kinda weird, the blade looks messy. Other than that they're looking good.

That Killer Sword looks a little too curved. Like, snap after a few uses.

Well I dunno how much the curve of a blade would affect it snapping (not at that small curvature, at least). Messy I'll give you, I couldn't figure out a better way of shading it (that is definitely NOT one of my more recent works).

Anyway, here's some more.

i6Ok.png <- for my hack - maybe a month and a half old?

i6OM.png <- also for my hack - OLDER

And since Jubby asked, here's that battle frame.

i6Qd.png <- Pretend I filled in the name/weapon boxes on the enemy side.

i6OY.png

Edited by Camtech

These are for the one that I playtested a million years ago?

The center path cluster of the final map looks really odd >_>. Otherwise they're not awful or anything (the paths). The third map is pretty neat.

I am pretty convinced I had to drive on that path during my license tests.

Edited by Tangerine

when did you ever playtest my- Oh that thing that I restarted and will probably drop because I have no idea what I'm doing yeaaaaah...

I find paths to be a hit-or-miss affair, mostly. Either they come out well, or they come out blob-like, stringy and ugly like what everyone has been saying.

I do intend to take a lot of the ideas and transfer them, it's just that I, uh, hate the way I pulled them off.

*shoves conversation back on topic*

Edited by Camtech

Didn't know you were an avid mapper (At least in part?). They look pretty nice, I like them. A little advice about paths: Think about their premise. They're supposed to be where foot traffic has worn down the land, right? You wouldn't have a bunch of grass in the middle of a path unless there's some other obstacle that people are trying to avoid like a tree or a sign stating the path splits off.

You've got the right idea in the map where the castle and village are separated by a lake. The pathing becomes denser as you get closer to high traffic areas such as the castle so, try referencing that map.

As for the battle frame, I like the design for the character name fields. It's simple but interesting. However, the stat fields seem rather busy. It distracts from the information being displayed.

Had you actually asked, I'd have said that I do mostly icons, not maps. I'd like to think I'm not bad?

Also, thanks for the path advice.

The stat fields I thought were mostly covered up by the in-game bars, but I kinda see what you're talking about. I think it might be that the light shade is too bright? I dunno, I'll fiddle with it.

Welp, now for what I really claim to be good at.

Some old-ish icon requests - I hate the bow and the staff, I need to redo them. This was for Silver Blade.

ikG3.png

I was working on some weapon level icons, and I dunno which background I like best, opinions?

ikGG.png

Devil lance, for DoF

ikH2.png

An ongoing list of requests for a certain person's hack.furet you better thank me

ikJM.png

This was for Silver Blade.

ikG3.png

An ongoing list of requests for a certain person's hack.furet you better thank me

ikJM.png

Does sliver blade still exist?

And furet isn't a real word, what're you doing CAM?

I like the fire sword, it's unique but still-not-ridiculous looking.

Edited by deranger

Very nice icons. For the background you wanted an opinion on, I'd say the second one is the best. It highlights the sword without covering up any details. Two of the other three have a darkish brown near the middle which makes it seem like they're obscuring the sword. The other one has what looks like a couple stray pixels around the blade but I don't know if that was intentional or not.

For the fourth set of icons: The sword with the red outline is pretty interesting. Is it supposed to be some sort of fire blade? And the tome seems rather busy. It's hard to make out any details. IMO, less is more for an icon like this.