Best way to grind support, exp, gold and renown ?

Like the title says I wonder how you can grind in an optimal way without Golden Gaffe and Exponential Growth (because I don't want to pay DLC made only for grinding :/). I play on hard mode also (so reeking box are of course very expensive until the release of Infinite Regalia in Europe).

- Supports : I only find how to grind MU's supports, I just pair up with the unit I need and fight Ashnard's army again and again (it's the team with the highest mobilty so the fastest to kill). But I don't know what's the best spotpass team to fight with weaks units... (In Europe, there's only the three first spotpass sets available).

- EXP : I don't really know how to get exp really fast especially for weaks units. Which map give you a chokepoint (for rally spamming) and great terrain bonuses ?

- Gold : I used Severa + Owain and Inigo (with royal Weapon) + Morgan in the chapter 24 skirmish (they have all Galeforce and Despoil, However, Owain doesn't have armsthrift), I have now 500 000 gold, but I grinded for hours (for 25 skirmishes, it took me like 3 hours), I wonder if i can go faster with some spotpass team...

- Renown : I have 8000 renown points and I only want to get the second pair of boots. I heard the fastest way is to hire cheap spotpass team but who is the cheapest ?

Thanks in advance !

50 luck character+ armsthrift+ galeforce+ leif's blade vs. Deirdre's team.

I got 37 bullions in half an hour

I have 16000 renown from spotpass team grinding, I use sothe because (don't quote me on this) I'm fairly sure thief-branch characters yield bonus exp, salem for low level grinding because thieves DO give extra exp on like-leveled units, and deirdre for gold.

Hope either of these can help, they sure did for me

Edit: derp, didn't read the first part, you can substitute Salem for mathew, Salem will come with thracia 776, mathew comes with three or four less thieves, but is still very helpful

Edited by SpikyRtG

normal mode: risen grinding can do all 3 at once

otherwise: Golden Gaffe for gold, spotpass teams for renown, LB3 for experience

OP says without the DLC.

Gold can be farmed from skirmishes. Bullions drop in droves.(Leif's Blade helps too) If you see skirmishes with two Risen on the same map area, play it and beat it. You get an item and gold for your troubles and theres lots of dudes to kill for the EXP. EXP can be farmed from low and mid level Spotpass teams and you get Renown to boot. Hiring cheap spotpass leaders like Florina or Edward or whatever is a good way to rack up Renown if you have money to burn.

EDIT: OP, your avatar is the business!

Edited by Virion

For gold, I don't think there's a faster way without DLC than the one you described - despoil spam with high-luck units.

If you want to grind supports (and Exp) for weak characters without spending a fortune on reeking boxes, I found Matthew's spotpass team to be laughably weak while still giving decent Exp - if you can get around 20 defense (even if just through pair-up), you're practically invincible to the thieves and only have to watch out for the mages. You can't grind scrubs like an untrained Donnel against them, but it's decent to get people from like Lv10 to Lv20/5 or something. If they can't deal with the mages, just bring another strong unit to get rid of those.

Gold - galeforce Despoil or Galeforce Leif Blade + AT. Reeking box in normal is pretty damn good too. Leonardo and Merric from Spotpass is a prime target for Despoiling thanks to entirely 1-2 team. Also, for Reeking boxes, West of Ylisse offers a good starting position to farm Shiny Tiles

EXP - Edward, Bors, Nephenee, Leonardo spam. Its all about waiting that 8 exp per kill, really

Renown - Edward, Bors, Nephenee, Leonardo spam. Easy to beat for 200 Renown per run. Pretty cool alternative if you lacked gold to repeatedly recruit spotpass characters....

Edited by JSND

-snip-

- EXP : I don't really know how to get exp really fast especially for weaks units. Which map give you a chokepoint (for rally spamming) and great terrain bonuses ?

-snip-

I dunno how you plan to choose which map a team spawns on (Reeking Box?), but my favorite is Sea-King's Throne (Paralogue 18) which, IIRC, gives you a single Fort between two Mountains (like this:

x x M

x F x

M x x

where x is Plains, M is Mountains, and F is fort), as well as a Gate right by where your units spawn.

Enemies will be strong though, so for weak units, The Longfort (Ch. 3) is a good map (Gate), as is The Northroad (Ch. 2), with 4 Forts, and West of Ylisstol (Ch. 1), which has either 1 or 2 Forts, but lots of Forest.

Also, you say no EXPonential Growth or Golden Gaffe? What about LB3? Cause that gives you at least 400 EXP (x1.5 with Veteran, x2 with Paragon, which it also gives you), so it's easily the best for high-level units (it also has a Fort you can camp out on).

I'd love a shortcut for gridning supports. D8; It's ridiculous that 2 bouts of Lost Bloodlines 3 (defeating 50 enemies together?!) wont build supports fast enough. I want to fill up the support library, I'm roughly 60% done. "OTL Is there any way to make support grinding less tedious? I could spam Summer Scramble for 3 Seeds of Trust, but there must be a less-tedious way.

I'd love a shortcut for gridning supports. D8; It's ridiculous that 2 bouts of Lost Bloodlines 3 (defeating 50 enemies together?!) wont build supports fast enough. I want to fill up the support library, I'm roughly 60% done. "OTL Is there any way to make support grinding less tedious? I could spam Summer Scramble for 3 Seeds of Trust, but there must be a less-tedious way.

Summer Scramble is the best way. In one map, it's one support level simply because of the event tiles.

Have a maxed out paired up flier duo kill everything else. And have the supporting duo move on the top right of the map getting the seed of trusts and the event tiles.

Generally does the job.

Summer Scramble is the best way. In one map, it's one support level simply because of the event tiles.

Have a maxed out paired up flier duo kill everything else. And have the supporting duo move on the top right of the map getting the seed of trusts and the event tiles.

Generally does the job.

BUH. I didn't...think of that. 8U Time to go unlock supports.

50 luck character+ armsthrift+ galeforce+ leif's blade vs. Deirdre's team.

I got 37 bullions in half an hour

If you replace Galeforce with Despoil, would it not be easier? You're assured to either get a bullion from either Leif's Blade, the Despoil skill itself, both at once, or none at all, but the latter is really a small chance. I'd think it would work, but I'm not exactly sure. Eh, that just gives everyone one more thing to figure out (if they haven't figured this one out already).

If you replace Galeforce with Despoil, would it not be easier? You're assured to either get a bullion from either Leif's Blade, the Despoil skill itself, both at once, or none at all, but the latter is really a small chance. I'd think it would work, but I'm not exactly sure. Eh, that just gives everyone one more thing to figure out (if they haven't figured this one out already).

I was under the impression that Leif's Blade simply granted you the Despoil skill, and that they don't stack, similar to the Sol sword, the Luna lance, the Vengeance axe, and the Astra bow.

Edited by Euklyd

I was under the impression that Leif's Blade simply granted you the Despoil skill, and that they don't stack, similar to the Sol sword, the Luna lance, the Vengeance axe, and the Astra bow.

I thought this is how Leif's Blade worked as well.

I don't think it stack I used Leif's Blade with despoil skill with Inigo (50 Luck with double bonus) and sometimes, I don't get a bullion.

Anyway, thanks for the answers, I totally forgot Matthew's team, I'll try that.

(I will buy LB3 and the DLC with Elite, I'm just waiting the release date in Europe)

Edited by Missile

• 1 year later...

Gold - galeforce Despoil or Galeforce Leif Blade + AT. Reeking box in normal is pretty damn good too. Leonardo and Merric from Spotpass is a prime target for Despoiling thanks to entirely 1-2 team. Also, for Reeking boxes, West of Ylisse offers a good starting position to farm Shiny Tiles

EXP - Edward, Bors, Nephenee, Leonardo spam. Its all about waiting that 8 exp per kill, really

Renown - Edward, Bors, Nephenee, Leonardo spam. Easy to beat for 200 Renown per run. Pretty cool alternative if you lacked gold to repeatedly recruit spotpass characters....

I tried your method for grinding Exp with the Spotpass teams, but I'm barely getting 10 exp with promoted units. Do you know which ones are the easiest to grind with for promoted units like Dark Flier Lissa or Valkyrie Marribelle?