Looking for information on an old PC game!

Duff Ostrich

Back when I was about 12 or so, my cousins had this kid's storybook-making game for the computer that was actually quite fun. Not only could you make these books full of your own custom art, but the program would then read your story back to you when you were done. The whole "game" was bug themed for some odd reason, so the voices that could read the text were represented by various cartoonish bug faces. All the voices sounded really terrible, and yet still more compelling than anything Microsoft Sam can do.

I hate when I remember something from my childhood but cannot remember the name of it. I have no idea whether this was a popular program or if it was some obscure bit of software lost to the mists of time. Either way, I'm hoping someone here has heard of it before.

Please and thank you!

I can't help you with the name, but that does sound somewhat familiar to me too... and that means I probably saw it (this being earlier in my life) somewhere at a school computer. I want to say it sounds like around the time... I was in the 1st-3rd grade, maybe? That'd be a stretch of around ~15 years ago.