Everyone is Choosing Their Own Mafia Mafia 3.3 (Night 4)

Paperblade

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the latter sounds like fun even though I'm sure it'll mean I'm supposed to kill my historical allies

still, sounds like fun, imo

If you're doing the latter, then I don't see why the person in question needs to survive to the final 3. I mean like if I needed to kill certain people AND survive to the final 3, I could probably just play like I normally do and have a REASONABLE chance of winning without altering my strategy or allying with new people. It'd make more sense if the wincon was you either kill this certain group of people and get removed from the game or you need to survive to the final 3.

Also how are you going to choose what group of people everyone wants dead?

Edited by Refa

Refa makes a good point that almost everyone is dying anyways, so having "targets" really isn't going to change much.

Things that aren't related to other people dying might be interesting (like Kaoz's almost-wincon, or a Doc that needed to protect against X kills or s/t, or a player could need to guess a certain number of aliases or s/t).

idk

Yes to the latter for more challenge.

It's possible some people would be caught in the awkward situation they'd need their allies dead but in an eimm it's true that they might end up dead by other means anyways.

So basically I'm parroting refa. :v

Yes to break up cliques.

That kinda gets to you eh?

If you're doing the latter, then I don't see why the person in question needs to survive to the final 3. I mean like if I needed to kill certain people AND survive to the final 3, I could probably just play like I normally do and have a REASONABLE chance of winning without altering my strategy or allying with new people. It'd make more sense if the wincon was you either kill this certain group of people and get removed from the game or you need to survive to the final 3.

Also how are you going to choose what group of people everyone wants dead?

This is a valid point, although right now I have it so players need approximately 20% of the game dead to win? I'd need to check the math on how many could win total Edited by Paperblade

If Person A needs to kill Person B, will Person B also need to kill Person A?

Also if kill requirements are assigned via characters and not players or alias- there should be some incentive for people to claim their actual character, or everybody will just lie.

Edited by BBM

If Person A needs to kill Person B, will Person B also need to kill Person A?

Also if kill requirements are assigned via characters and not players or alias- there should be some incentive for people to claim their actual character, or everybody will just lie.

Yes

As for second, the incentive is that people don't kill you for lying.

Oh, right, and in the event that the coming storm actually does more than knock over a tree branch or two. . .if I don't respond, it means that I'm relying on my fifteen rolls of toilet paper to keep me sane.

Oh, right, and in the event that the coming storm actually does more than knock over a tree branch or two. . .if I don't respond, it means that I'm relying on my fifteen rolls of toilet paper to keep me sane.

ouch, that would really suck

I'm against the second option. It feels like an unfair restriction to the game, where a random list assigned to you has to guide your course of action. I think the game is much more interesting if you don't have a preestablished clue on you who you should be relying in and who you need to get killed; after all, deciding on that is the strongest point of an EIMM.

you do know who you need to be relying on though: not kirsche your Trustworthy Friends

if you don't know whether you can rely on your Trustworthy Friends then things are likely to be different, which is probably a good thing

well
you know if you ABSOLUTELY can't rely on them
it's still unknown if you can trust them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I still think that kind of trust is much more deterministic (since it's just partially based on behaviour analysis), but that's only one of the points anyways.

I feel like the optimal play would be much less uncertain: find out the aliases, contact people who don't need to kill you and who need to kill the same people as you and form alliances with them. It just won't be as fun as before.

Mitsuki, you have to kill people based on their character, not their alias, and as far as I can tell there's no real reason to truthfully claim your character, so we'll probably have the same cliques and then there'll be two people left at the end who're like "damn we haven't won yet that must mean we have to kill each other" and then they'll suicide on each other or something.

Is it going to be double wincon then? as in, you win if you eliminate all the people on your list or if you reach the last 3p?

Either way, I kinda dislike the idea of the list mostly because people who joined EiMM with no intention to use OC 24/7 are going to have a hard time getting everybody on their lists killed. I'd rather have fewer targets to eliminate, like 2-3, and be forced to shoot them at least once contributing to their death in order to reach the win. If they die before you find out who they are and shoot them then you have to stick with survival, otherwise people with lists could win entirely on accident just because other people were interested in their death.

Edited by Vhaltz